New releases that might come soon!

CamCam123

The more i see crystal isles being posted on twitter the more sure i am that it will get to official. However, the good news is that map comes with its own new dinos. And a few new ways to entertained your adventurer within. You get to see bosses just walking on the map like the broodmother, phoenixes, titans, and more just roaming around the map. Best thing about this map is how big it is. That helps with the idea of maybe adding extra seats per server. Like 100 players per map!

Another thing that seems to be close to hitting official might be the Eco mods. This mods add a new layer to the game in crafting which is what ark needs at the moment as things have become stale and boring. The crafting in ark is very basic and with the addition of eco mods this might change. 

S+ was added...but to be honest this is not S+ but more like an S-. Structures cant be picked up after 30 seconds so you are permanently stuck in your map unless you want to grind again...which to this point is boring and just too much as ark official has its...Lagging issues.

I see a bright future for ark but i think they have to stop being afraid of changing. they are trying to safeguard some ark foundations that are broken...we need them to be brave to just say...THIS IS A RISK WE ARE WILLING TO TAKE...AND DO IT!

Ark has been going strong even with their terrible messups so taking a risk for the better shouldn't be that big of a deal. 

Whats with people constantly posting rumor about Crystal Isles being marked for official map in the future after they made it into Official Wiki? This really have got to stop.

They (both the Wildcard and the map developer) have mentioned nothing about anything coming official for that map.

Just stop it. If Wildcard wants to set anything they would've mentioned it a while ago in their community crunch or twitter.

5 hours ago, Vaculity said:

Whats with people constantly posting rumor about Crystal Isles being marked for official map in the future after they made it into Official Wiki? This really have got to stop.

They (both the Wildcard and the map developer) have mentioned nothing about anything coming official for that map.

Just stop it. If Wildcard wants to set anything they would've mentioned it a while ago in their community crunch or twitter.

I would prefer if it did not stop. I want that map to be official. We need it. We want it. Don't hold back nice things from us please.

Some of you pc players are so damn selfish since guys get mods and the mod maps you say screw console cause I already got all the mods so you say don’t add this map don’t add that map Ian sick of it run over your pc and get a console and only a condole then see what it is like you selfish pegos. 

PS: to those pc players that have console or support console I am not Centers g this on you only on people like vaclity. 

What's crystal isle?  Never heard of it. 

Why would I want more titans I absolutely hate them they kill my pets constantly.  Why would xbox/ps suddenly get the ability to mod this crystal isle map?  You cannot use mods on consoles because console rules not game makers rules.  And I play on PC official without mods happily just like you console people cause mods in this game really are cheats; unlike other games I have played where mods fixed issues.

Btw if you do decide to join the Master PC Race don't get anything with Nvidia RTX in it.  As far as I know GTX is fine.  Honestly it's cheaper to get a PC if you are going to go in for mmorpgs.  No extra payment shoved down your throat to be "ALLOWED" to mmo.  Entire human race should have protested as one against console's greedy behaviors long ago.  Now it's to late.  

1 minute ago, Jemcrystal said:

What's crystal isle?  Never heard of it. 

For the uninitiated its an unofficial mod map just like Ragnarok and The Center were. Some people recon in the very near future it will become an official mod map but its all speculation at this point. Personally I am not a big fan of the map from what I have seen on youtube.

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Mod:Crystal_Isles

Just now, Jemcrystal said:

Mod map??  Are you saying that Rag and Center was not originally created by Wild Card devs but instead by an unaffiliated team of hac... mod creators?  Or did I misunderstand.

Nope you got it right. Ragnarok and The Center were not original WC creations but made by mod creators. The maps were eventually turned into official maps.

Mods turned official mods don't have the best track record.

Prim+ basically abandoned. No real bug fixes ever, just half-@ssed attempts to keep it barely running.

The Center also abandoned. The host-tether map design flaws never fixed.

Ragnarok got a obviously low quality update to be "finished". No other planned maps by this mod/map author turned WC employee have been completed.

Once a mod becomes WC's they stop caring. They hire the mod author and have them work on other stuff.

Still the only map

i play on is rag cause I don’t have extinction and aberration on my PS4 cause of reasons and I only got so much to do on rag I need a new free map. Crystal isles would be great for my adventurous youngling inside me. And FYI we console players don’t like the fact that pc players got many mods like the actual s+ and others while yes we get the abandoned things like prim+ and the center. Also the there are mods that make the game harder and some that add more spice to the game and some like structures+ that just add things to the game that needed to be added. 

Meh, it's nice enough looking maps what I've seen so far.  Not really that big a deal if you hire fan boys.  I think the temptation to growl at WC comes from slow fixes and no fixes.  Or there is possibly to much to fix for the size dev team?   Perhaps these devs have been hard at work but you can do only so much a day, right?  Does corporate know they need even more dev employees to keep up with the work load?  Or are they on a private beach somewhere sipping Piña Coladas and banging palm trees?

38 minutes ago, Jemcrystal said:

Meh, it's nice enough looking maps what I've seen so far.  Not really that big a deal if you hire fan boys.  I think the temptation to growl at WC comes from slow fixes and no fixes.  Or there is possibly to much to fix for the size dev team?   Perhaps these devs have been hard at work but you can do only so much a day, right?  Does corporate know they need even more dev employees to keep up with the work load?  Or are they on a private beach somewhere sipping Piña Coladas and banging palm trees?

From my understanding the leading devs are “corporate”. Before Jeremy and Jesse broke off to create Grapeshot, they were the leading developers and the ones making the decisions.

49 minutes ago, Kodking194 said:

And FYI we console players don’t like the fact that pc players got many mods

Then why buy the game on console?

You know mods are created by players right?

Ark could be taken the direction of Ark mobile, where all the non-vanilla items are cash shop. (I don't agree with this, but it would be a good monetization strategy).

6 hours ago, XxxGodzxxX said:

Why not??  add another map with a bunch of holes not patched to the game......Sounds about right ! ?

No it's even better than that crystal isle is notoriously laggy and has many bugs that do with parts of th map it would need to be made official just to get it running like the official servers do

2 minutes ago, Nothuman1 said:

No it's even better than that crystal isle is notoriously laggy and has many bugs that do with parts of th map it would need to be made official just to get it running like the official servers do

Isn't the map on hold in development? I tried it, but it had overspawn issues and took too much ram to run the server. Plus the cancer fog.

It's been a good handful of months since I touched Crystal Isles. 

The map is beautiful, it has a lot of cool features. But the last I saw it isn't done, it isn't optimized, and it has buggy fog. 

From my understanding the mod author for the map was hired by either wildcard or grapeshot already (I forget which company, they mod author posted about it on Twitter though). They recently mentioned they are continuing work on Crystal Isles. 

I think the mod could make an interesting addition to the game. It's different from any other official map. It just needs a lot of work done for it's completion and it needs it done fully and properly. Not a rush like Ragnarok. It's good to let wildcard know you want the map as officially, but be mindful of pressuring. The more you push, the more rushed things become and the more corners that get cut. 

My case in point being Ragnarok... There's a lot of missing features that I wish they would go back and add or clean up. 

I'm hopeful for some new maps, though. I'm hopeful for Crystal Isles to succeed.

13 hours ago, Vaculity said:

It's because of Youtubers like LoadedCrysis and Neroku. They post BS clickbait videos based on the flimsiest of evidence. Like one time someone tweeted to Jen a picture of an extinct animal and said it would be perfect for Ark. She liked and retweeted that tweet.

The very same day, both LoadedCrysis and Neroku released videos saying "This new creature is coming to Ark!" A year later that creature isn't in the game.

When the creator of Crystal Isles tweeted their map had been added to the Ark Wiki, they both released vids stating the map is coming to the game.

5 hours ago, Kodking194 said:

Still the only map

i play on is rag cause I don’t have extinction and aberration on my PS4 cause of reasons and I only got so much to do on rag I need a new free map. Crystal isles would be great for my adventurous youngling inside me. And FYI we console players don’t like the fact that pc players got many mods like the actual s+ and others while yes we get the abandoned things like prim+ and the center. Also the there are mods that make the game harder and some that add more spice to the game and some like structures+ that just add things to the game that needed to be added. 

You dont speak for all of us. I knew we wouldnt likely get mods and im fine with it. What do you expect?

14 hours ago, Sphere said:

I would prefer if it did not stop. I want that map to be official. We need it. We want it. Don't hold back nice things from us please.

It can be downloaded for unofficial , as for officials most servers are abandoned and dont have a regular population really so adding more maps/content to an already broken game wouldnt help any.

I'm done paying for dlcs. Aberration is my pushing point due to horribly load in along with alpha clans blocking obelisk an drops with turrets. Why should I pay for a dlc so a bunch of little kids with no lives make it so you can't play the whole game along with trying to force people to pay for fake Dino's with real money

Archived