Emergency Action Needed

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, arkark said:

BTW instead of being putting memes please check your forum reports, because some days ago I reported one post that explained a way to do a % efficience increase in some tames and the post is still there.

Jokes are fun. Fun is fun. People like fun.

The report queue is clear. Report it again and I'll take a look at it.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, QuetzalQuincy said:

For any and all telling me to move my tames inside a garage: Why? This is a PvE server. I do not like to have my things in a 70x70 building. I like them out organized in my land. If you like to have to duck under tails and crouch throughout your base then by all means, build that, but do not tell me how to play on a P V E server.

Wouldnt a simple perimeter wall solve all these problems though, no need to make a massive garage ? Just ring your base in behemoth gateways (*shudders*) and no more problems with gasbags. Keeps the wilds out too.

Just now, bannedbybirth said:

They nerfed straws in California, all the animals will STILL die.  Diplos knock stuff around all the time, what exactly is the difference in it being done intentionally.  Quit picking on Gasbags they are cute.  vodka

Well, it isn't cute when a player ridden one is knocking people's tames into water and out of bases just for fun.

1 hour ago, QuetzalQuincy said:

For any and all telling me to move my tames inside a garage: Why? This is a PvE server. I do not like to have my things in a 70x70 building. I like them out organized in my land. If you like to have to duck under tails and crouch throughout your base then by all means, build that, but do not tell me how to play on a P V E server.

OK man. So do not complain about the trolls. Because if you do not have the ability to defend what is yours, then no one will stand up for you.

Example ... I keep 2 gigas on my base terrain, in neutral, because sometimes Chinese bring corrupt to my base. Immediately these "invaders" saw flesh for my gigas.

Other dinos, i prefer keep protected inside my garage.

So I do not cry like a little baby in the forum. I myself make my protections.

1 hour ago, arkark said:

?‍♂️I just wanted to know asap if I am protected by the behemoths of my base and/or being offline.

Indeed I've thinked twice what I asked not to compromise more the bug... I would have asked about a video or exploitation method if I were interested on using it dont you think?...

BTW instead of being putting memes please check your forum reports, because some days ago I reported one post that explained a way to do a % efficience increase in some tames and the post is still there.

Beh gates only slow down trolls if there's a will there's a way ;) Bear traps an large bear traps will hinder them a bit if I was to catch somebody doing the act I would bear trap them an build them a nice house for them to think about their actions but I play legacy an on offical this isn't allowed ...

Secure your stuff or you will be griefed at some point. My tribe had a policy early on that if we did not have the means to keep it safe and secure we did not tame it until the above requirements were met.

You can build a nice storage building without making them ugly boxes. Ugly bases are a byproduct of a lack of creativity or people not caring about aesthetics. 

Since im a fan of analogies. Its against the rules for people to walk into my house and take my stuff. Most people would never dare walk into a strangers house uninvited... But some would and thats why houses have doors that lock. If you choose not to lock the door your almost as much at fault as the thief.

I agree they need to fix the issue, but until then your going to have to take some measures to protect your stuff until it's resolved.

Just my $0.02 as usual

7 hours ago, QuetzalQuincy said:

For any and all telling me to move my tames inside a garage: Why? 

"What do you mean I have to evacuate my house because there's a forest fire?!?!? The police need to stop people from setting accidental fires, and until they do I'm staying right where I am."

Don't be foolish. Btw... there are lots of ways people can grief in PvE. It's not just a PvP thing. So if everyone on your server isn't a trusted friend, then you should be protecting your stuff REGARDLESS of this particular 'gas bag' issue. It's basic good sense. 

If you don't.... IT'S ON YOU

might aswel turn wild animal pickup in PVE if i see the comments here since it is the player  job the keep their dinos secure and not wc the correct a unwanted behaviour that does not fit in a pve enviroment. In PVP you can atleeast shoot them down etc etc... only option in pve is to put them inside. Wel this is griefing eithe way in pve if they do it when you are not in war with them.

3 hours ago, Avaraxius said:

might aswel turn wild animal pickup in PVE if i see the comments here since it is the player  job the keep their dinos secure and not wc the correct a unwanted behaviour that does not fit in a pve enviroment. In PVP you can atleeast shoot them down etc etc... only option in pve is to put them inside. Wel this is griefing eithe way in pve if they do it when you are not in war with them.

Well it is the players job to keep their dinos secure even in PvE, they really should be doing that anyway to keep them safe from at least wild creatures. I would imagine a properly enclosed base would be more than enough to thwart the gasbag griefers ? I cant see gasbags managing to blow tames over a certain height of wall and certainly not the standard behemoth gateway perimeter fence alot of folk use.

On a side note the addition of ORP to PvE (which I entirely agree with) has definatly made some players lazy and maybe gives a false sense of security, leading to people leaving tames unguarded and what not.

Saying all that of course they need to fix the gasbag problem, it shouldnt be a thing that players can just go around killing other tribes tames like that. Just like the problems with allowing PvE wild carry.

1 hour ago, AngrySaltire said:

Well it is the players job to keep their dinos secure even in PvE, they really should be doing that anyway to keep them safe from at least wild creatures. I would imagine a properly enclosed base would be more than enough to thwart the gasbag griefers ? I cant see gasbags managing to blow tames over a certain height of wall and certainly not the standard behemoth gateway perimeter fence alot of folk use.

On a side note the addition of ORP to PvE (which I entirely agree with) has definatly made some players lazy and maybe gives a false sense of security, leading to people leaving tames unguarded and what not.

Saying all that of course they need to fix the gasbag problem, it shouldnt be a thing that players can just go around killing other tribes tames like that. Just like the problems with allowing PvE wild carry.

This.

I still enclose my dino pens and base bits even though im on a low pop pve server with (mostly) friends on it. Proof of concept; I forgot to enclose ONE cryofridge and all of our lightpets were stolen. Whether I forgot to PIN or they guessed it - its still technically my fault. Now, luckily we have a great admin who doesnt stand for this kind of stuff <3 

I just cant do it. Playing official PVE for so long turned me into a obsessive worry-wort. I always build a wall around and activley plan how to block gigas/titans into my bases even despite the fact it probably wont happen. Its just something you should do on ARK. Yeah that wood cabin would look nice with the big open view..sure. When you log in to a giga outside though.. ORP cant save you. Only walls and Raptorjesus can.

1 hour ago, d1nk said:

Proof of concept; I forgot to enclose ONE cryofridge and all of our lightpets were stolen. Whether I forgot to PIN or they guessed it - its still technically my fault. Now, luckily we have a great admin who doesnt stand for this kind of stuff ❤️

My poor light pets ! Yeah that was a collective failure on our part, I should have thrown a gate down on the barn sooner. We were lucky they didnt empty all the fridges or maybe it was just that one fridge had a problem with it.

43 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

My poor light pets ! Yeah that was a collective failure on our part, I should have thrown a gate down on the barn sooner. We were lucky they didnt empty all the fridges or maybe it was just that one fridge had a problem with it.

Tbh i think he guessed a pin code, I always pin everything with random codes,never 1111 or anything maybe something easy though and he got it

8 hours ago, Avaraxius said:

Well then they should not fix anything in this game.... what do you think they should do then. 

I think they should do absolutely nothing.  For every strategy, there is a counter.  Coming up with it ourselves is a lot faster, easier and more rewarding than expecting the game devs to keep changing the rules to make us safe.

On 5/24/2019 at 1:45 PM, DeHammer said:

"What do you mean I have to evacuate my house because there's a forest fire?!?!? The police need to stop people from setting accidental fires, and until they do I'm staying right where I am."

Don't be foolish. Btw... there are lots of ways people can grief in PvE. It's not just a PvP thing. So if everyone on your server isn't a trusted friend, then you should be protecting your stuff REGARDLESS of this particular 'gas bag' issue. It's basic good sense. 

The thing is, police can’t prevent that. Wildcard on the other hand, can

You  completely missed the point. 

It's a survival game. You need to take precautions or you suffer the consequences. Anyone who leaves their Dino unprotected has absolutely nothing worthwhile to say in defence of their laziness. PERIOD.

Theres nothing wrong with asking the devs to fix an issue. But not taking precautions for known threats is plain stupidity. 

On 5/24/2019 at 4:45 PM, DeHammer said:

Let me reiterate.  I do not have a problem with wild dino kiting. That is fine. I have walls to prevent my tames from escaping the yard. What I am saying is, a player controlled gasbag should not be able to move my things on a PvE server. I have no problem with them bringing untamed creatures to me. Free meat, but a player controlled tame should not be able to displace my creatures.

Archived