Jump to content

Rio4201

PC (PvE) Players: What breaks this game for you?

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Garet said:

Except its NOT a survival game.    If they wanted it to be a survival game they should have never introduced taming, because when you're on foot, getting food, weather effects, finding water, staying alive is actually a survival mechanic, but the moment you get a strong dinosaur all that stuff just becomes annoying.

This , makes absolutely no sense at all ... now you’re anti-taming .... 😂😂😂

I have almost all major Dino’s , and somehow sometimes I keep finding and searching challenges within the game . 
 

seems to me me , the only problem , is older people give “bob’s” top of the lines Dino’s to begin the game , and you guys never fully enjoyed the enjoyment of slow progress ... 

Nonsense .... 

 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Quilleute said:

This , makes absolutely no sense at all ... now you’re anti-taming .... 😂😂😂

Don't put words in my mouth.

Taming was my favorite thing to do.   It was ruined by the breeders tame capping servers.

What I said was if you wanted it to be a survival game then taming shouldn't be part of it, because as soon as you get some good tames, survival is a joke.  

Of course you know that, you're just being facetious to try and make a point.

Edited by Garet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just quoted you , if you missed your point that’s on you , now  you’re blaming breeders ... for your lack of purposes in game ...

And like I said , when you say , that when you have good tames, the game becomes a joke... seems to me you never truly enjoyed it... 

I play Ark, almost 3 years and although it has issues , still think it’s a good game . 

Edited by Quilleute
  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Milsurp said:

the incredibly limited dino AI. In order for this game to be awesome, the dinos need to be awesome. Awesomeness of dinos = awesomeness of game, to me it's directly proportional.

As long as dinos are only equipped with 1 thing they can do, when they could do 2, 3 or even 4, and as long as they're launching themselves off cliffs because of lousy AI, the game is broken in the most massively important way to me.  

When i started out on aberration i couldnt wait to get a pack of ravagers, worst experience ever, they just get stuck on everything. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is really breaking the last few survival experience on this game is this endless mutation system.

 I mean the real survival experience, now u can see a new player receiving gifted dinos with crazy stats..... and afther three days they are offering you to trade colored dinos, op stats, etc... nowdays is more trade simulator... 

Edited by SpCowboy
  • Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When they had the official no tame pvp servers, there was a lot of survival aspect with the environment constantly, especially with simple farming. You couldn't just fly across the map for materials and avoid any threats, (well with a parachute you sort of could but you had to build a giant ladder first, and anyone who saw you floating made for a fun duck shoot contest, but you get what I mean). You had to most likely travel through supply drops or by boat. Boats were always risky because there were a ton of pirates. 

Most of the PVP skirmish battles were fun and small because without OP farming dinos, building up took time and was somewhat limiting. There was a decent balance of offense vs defense. Plus it was hard to fob a large attack base, because you could only carry enough material based on your player weight. The game mode felt a lot like Rust except with more PVE threat, and you see how more popular that is than Ark. 

The thing that killed it was the devs didn't support it or try to balance it anyway as somethings were broken, just like all of their endeavors. Best bet to is to run an unofficial non-tame or small-tame only PVP server with no tek and make the balance changes yourself. 

Edited by Juggernaut
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Garet said:

Except its NOT a survival game.    If they wanted it to be a survival game they should have never introduced taming, because when you're on foot, getting food, weather effects, finding water, staying alive is actually a survival mechanic, but the moment you get a strong dinosaur all that stuff just becomes annoying.

Exactly. ARK is not a survival game. It is a dino taming, breeding, and collecting game. Somewhat of a base building game too. Yet they throw in a few odd survival mechanics that just become annoying, because that is not what the game is about.

Now some wish it to be a survival game (not me), and think all the non-survival aspects detract from the game, but I think it is the other way around. Get rid of all those dinos that you can't or don't want to tame that just try and ruin the fun by making you work hard once in awhile to survive in ARK 😀

Edited by wildbill
  • Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Luewen said:

Number 4 point is totally wrong. Higher the rate, more lag there will be on servers. And thats a fact.

So lower rate will reduce lag? If we extrapolate this we can get to statement like  "0.0x will make ark lag and player free". Is this what you would prefer?

2x makes it slightly too easy imho, but I think most of us agree that meat/berry runs on 1x is a chore. There is no fun or excitement in it, just something you do while watching a movie on second monitor. Hold W and click till you are full.

So I would say 1.5x as default would be perfect.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SpCowboy said:

What is really breaking the last few survival experience on this game is this endless mutation system.

 I mean the real survival experience, now u can see a new player receiving gifted dinos with crazy stats..... and afther three days they are offering you to trade colored dinos, op stats, etc... nowdays is more trade simulator... 

I 100% agree with you, but you'll never get anywhere with this line of thinking in this crowd. 

The vast majority of people don't care how the game was intended to be played, if they can cheat the system, use a shortcut, or change a setting and it makes the game more fun for them personally, that's what they're going to do.   "Video games are supposed to be fun", they'll say.   "The tools are there to make the game better for you", they'll say.  "How I play doesn't effect other people", they'll say.

The crowd that always answers "Go play unofficial" are really hurting the game because instead of piling on WC to fix official servers, fix official rates, add administrators, they just leave official and that's one less voice.   Don't tell me we can't make a difference because we have the HOD gaming situation as an example.

But really breeding has destroyed this game.  You have so many people sitting there tame capping servers not even playing the game, just stuffing meat in a baby dino, or their troughs.  They're not even playing ark anymore, they've turned it into a dino sim.  Most of the time they're watching Netflix or something.   Some of them are even playing ark while at their jobs!

We've all been there where we've played for months and then watched someone jump on a server and buy a bunch of dinos and use grinders to level up their toon and some noob that never even heard of ark is passing you by on the server doing boss fights solo because you played straight up and they bought everything.   In fact, it's FAR more common for people to think YOU have a problem because you don't want their 1200 base weight argy, or their 1200 base melee rex.

The fact is, mutations DO effect people who want to play straight up because at this point WC has nerfed and buffed creatures AND bosses based on what's available on official servers to the point where I'm not sure you can finish the game without breeding.   And there are still servers out there getting tame capped because of breeders even after cryopods.

The bottom line is, this is all WC has got for end game content is people collecting colored dinos or dinos with stats never intended by the game.  For some reason they believe keeping people on servers makes more sense than bringing in new players.   I don't understand it.  These people have already paid for the game, so WC isn't getting anymore money out of them until they release a DLC.  Which is probably why their business model is terrible and people complain that WC is a small company with not enough staff.  The fact is we KNOW their business model sucks.   They already had to be bailed out by Snail games.

But even if they had a change of heart tomorrow, they're probably not going to wipe away years worth of mutations to fix it either and if they did, you'd never hear the end of it on here.

Edited by Garet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, oddone30 said:

2. STICKY CHAT   for troodons sake why do we need 5 different keys for chat if i'm holding a conversation in tribe why does it keep kicking me back in to general chat and whispers would be a good thing too

PLEASE. And also a way to switch between SEPARATE ALLIANCE CHATS. Being in a few alliances with people that don't know what's going on or who you're talking to... just a pain in the ass and it makes no sense to merge all alliances into one chat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SpCowboy said:

What is really breaking the last few survival experience on this game is this endless mutation system.

 I mean the real survival experience, now u can see a new player receiving gifted dinos with crazy stats..... and afther three days they are offering you to trade colored dinos, op stats, etc... nowdays is more trade simulator... 

Trading is one of the main purposes you can find in playing pve. Creating really strong dinos won't win you any raids and creating really strong dinos just to leave laying around or hoard for yourself is not satisfying for most players. People want some feeling of reward for the literal months, years etc they spend on this game, if you don't like trading don't do it, but many do and find fun in it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Garet said:

I 100% agree with you, but you'll never get anywhere with this line of thinking in this crowd. 

The vast majority of people don't care how the game was intended to be played, if they can cheat the system, use a shortcut, or change a setting and it makes the game more fun for them personally, that's what they're going to do.   "Video games are supposed to be fun", they'll say.   "The tools are there to make the game better for you", they'll say.  "How I play doesn't effect other people", they'll say.

The crowd that always answers "Go play unofficial" are really hurting the game because instead of piling on WC to fix official servers, fix official rates, add administrators, they just leave official and that's one less voice.   Don't tell me we can't make a difference because we have the HOD gaming situation as an example.

But really breeding has destroyed this game.  You have so many people sitting there tame capping servers not even playing the game, just stuffing meat in a baby dino, or their troughs.  They're not even playing ark anymore, they've turned it into a dino sim.  Most of the time they're watching Netflix or something.   Some of them are even playing ark while at their jobs!

We've all been there where we've played for months and then watched someone jump on a server and buy a bunch of dinos and use grinders to level up their toon and some noob that never even heard of ark is passing you by on the server doing boss fights solo because you played straight up and they bought everything.   In fact, it's FAR more common for people to think YOU have a problem because you don't want their 1200 base weight argy, or their 1200 base melee rex.

The fact is, mutations DO effect people who want to play straight up because at this point WC has nerfed and buffed creatures AND bosses based on what's available on official servers to the point where I'm not sure you can finish the game without breeding.   And there are still servers out there getting tame capped because of breeders even after cryopods.

The bottom line is, this is all WC has got for end game content is people collecting colored dinos or dinos with stats never intended by the game.  For some reason they believe keeping people on servers makes more sense than bringing in new players.   I don't understand it.  These people have already paid for the game, so WC isn't getting anymore money out of them until they release a DLC.  Which is probably why their business model is terrible and people complain that WC is a small company with not enough staff.  The fact is we KNOW their business model sucks.   They already had to be bailed out by Snail games.

But even if they had a change of heart tomorrow, they're probably not going to wipe away years worth of mutations to fix it either and if they did, you'd never hear the end of it on here.

Ark is a sandbox. Until genesis (potentially) there isn't a lot to do in pve ark other than breeding crazy dinos. You can only explore any cave one or 2 times before subsequent runs become just farming it for artifacts. The same goes for bosses. The bosses which realistically you also need to do a lot of breeding to be able to fight then even more breeding to be able to farm. Removing breeding/mutations/etc would straight up kill the game, no coming back.

 

3 hours ago, wildbill said:

Exactly. ARK is not a survival game. It is a dino taming, breeding, and collecting game. Somewhat of a base building game too. Yet they throw in a few odd survival mechanics that just become annoying, because that is not what the game is about.

Now some wish it to be a survival game (not me), and think all the non-survival aspects detract from the game, but I think it is the other way around. Get rid of all those dinos that you can't or don't want to tame that just try and ruin the fun by making you work hard once in awhile to survive in ARK 😀

No matter whether you don't want to tame something or not, there will always be plenty of people who do. Removing dinos just because waaahh I don't like them would be a stupid idea. CHANGING them however is a far more reasonable expectation. Wild ichthyornis could be slower and easier to hit or maybe they land after stealing to "eat". Pegos could be less common and less tanky. Jellyfish stuns NEED A COOLDOWN, shortening the duration of the stun does nothing, a dino should become immune for a few seconds after a few shocks. Seekers should be tamable. Many other changes would be good. But yes, ark is still PARTLY a survival game. You are never meant to be invincible and you are not. You can be in god tier flak and decide to take your chances on a drop where troodons spawn and be nibbled to death for 10 minutes. You can be on an awesome tame but whoops! you left it on passive and suddenly microraptors and raptors. People avoiding all the dangers in the environment (read: only using fliers) are bound to be constantly bored. There's no skill to pressing shift w for 5 minutes, there's nothing to avoid, nothing to see and nothing to think about. When you ask for them to remove annoying dinos you really are just asking for a game you can play totally mindlessly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, deedoubleu said:

So lower rate will reduce lag? If we extrapolate this we can get to statement like  "0.0x will make ark lag and player free". Is this what you would prefer?

2x makes it slightly too easy imho, but I think most of us agree that meat/berry runs on 1x is a chore. There is no fun or excitement in it, just something you do while watching a movie on second monitor. Hold W and click till you are full.

So I would say 1.5x as default would be perfect.

0.0 rate would make server lag free from gathering part.  However 0.0 rate is not possible as it would mean nothing would be gathered. Higher rate, more server performance is needed to process more items gathered. There is no rocket science there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Garet said:

I 100% agree with you, but you'll never get anywhere with this line of thinking in this crowd. 

The vast majority of people don't care how the game was intended to be played, if they can cheat the system, use a shortcut, or change a setting and it makes the game more fun for them personally, that's what they're going to do.   "Video games are supposed to be fun", they'll say.   "The tools are there to make the game better for you", they'll say.  "How I play doesn't effect other people", they'll say.

The crowd that always answers "Go play unofficial" are really hurting the game because instead of piling on WC to fix official servers, fix official rates, add administrators, they just leave official and that's one less voice.   Don't tell me we can't make a difference because we have the HOD gaming situation as an example.

But really breeding has destroyed this game.  You have so many people sitting there tame capping servers not even playing the game, just stuffing meat in a baby dino, or their troughs.  They're not even playing ark anymore, they've turned it into a dino sim.  Most of the time they're watching Netflix or something.   Some of them are even playing ark while at their jobs!

We've all been there where we've played for months and then watched someone jump on a server and buy a bunch of dinos and use grinders to level up their toon and some noob that never even heard of ark is passing you by on the server doing boss fights solo because you played straight up and they bought everything.   In fact, it's FAR more common for people to think YOU have a problem because you don't want their 1200 base weight argy, or their 1200 base melee rex.

The fact is, mutations DO effect people who want to play straight up because at this point WC has nerfed and buffed creatures AND bosses based on what's available on official servers to the point where I'm not sure you can finish the game without breeding.   And there are still servers out there getting tame capped because of breeders even after cryopods.

The bottom line is, this is all WC has got for end game content is people collecting colored dinos or dinos with stats never intended by the game.  For some reason they believe keeping people on servers makes more sense than bringing in new players.   I don't understand it.  These people have already paid for the game, so WC isn't getting anymore money out of them until they release a DLC.  Which is probably why their business model is terrible and people complain that WC is a small company with not enough staff.  The fact is we KNOW their business model sucks.   They already had to be bailed out by Snail games.

But even if they had a change of heart tomorrow, they're probably not going to wipe away years worth of mutations to fix it either and if they did, you'd never hear the end of it on here.

They just need cape mutation to 20/20, breeding dinos with 0/0 with dinos over 20/20 should not trigger new mutations.... but at this point the damage is done, the only way to fix it is despawning every dino that have more than 20 mutations....

Edited by SpCowboy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/4/2019 at 6:35 PM, Garet said:

Except its NOT a survival game.    If they wanted it to be a survival game they should have never introduced taming, because when you're on foot, getting food, weather effects, finding water, staying alive is actually a survival mechanic, but the moment you get a strong dinosaur all that stuff just becomes annoying.

The game has enough settings options that it can be played however you want. So 'yes' it is a survival game. But people's idea of 'survival' will be different. They just have to adjust the settings to suit their definition of survival. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Garet said:

The fact is, mutations DO effect people who want to play straight up because at this point WC has nerfed and buffed creatures AND bosses based on what's available on official servers to the point where I'm not sure you can finish the game without breeding.  

The game is meant to allow progress to the point where you grow beyond the initial challenges. Obviously your narrow definition of survival isn't likely going to allow for that. You can't have your cake and eat it to. Based on your definition of survival, you'd have to choose... either you want a survival game, or you want a game that you can beat. Pick one.  

Edited by DeHammer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Luewen said:

0.0 rate would make server lag free from gathering part.  However 0.0 rate is not possible as it would mean nothing would be gathered. Higher rate, more server performance is needed to process more items gathered. There is no rocket science there. 

I'm not sure about that. Don't know how exactly it's implemented, yet I'm pretty sure it doesn't make any significant difference for server if you have 1 or 100 thatch since it's still holding information about item and its amount. Some portion of memory is already dedicated for storing specific value and 2 is only "heavier" than 1 in your mind, but not for the server.

It might have indirect effect though. For example, people are waiting till 2x to go gathering stuff, so more people do it at the same time as a result, but higher rate could help spread this in time .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/5/2019 at 2:18 PM, Joebl0w13 said:

I think ORP on PVE servers is a complete joke.

I disagree, I think ORP was one the best QoL features added. Sure its not perfect, as shown by the many problems. But everything in this game takes an absolute age to do, requires so much time investment, even with boosted rates, never mind on official rates, just for something to happen when you're offline and lose everything. I like being able to switch the game off knowing that my stuff is safe, without ORP you log off hoping for the best with that nagging feeling that something might happen. Otherwise you are constantly worrying about the game even when not playing which is just silly.

15 hours ago, SpCowboy said:

100% in agree, I miss those days ... 

I dont lol. No more did I have to worry about someone kitting my base with a bronto during the night or log onto a tribe log full of dead dinos because yet another alpha raptor or pack of allos spawned inside of my base. If the game wants to chuck a curve ball at me it can do it when I am online.

Edited by AngrySaltire
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, DeHammer said:

The game has enough settings options that it can be played however you want. So 'yes' it is a survival game. But people's idea of 'survival' will be different. They just have to adjust the settings to suit their definition of survival. 

 

There are no settings on official servers.  Playing unofficial is not going to fix official servers.

 

15 hours ago, DeHammer said:

The game is meant to allow progress to the point where you grow beyond the initial challenges. Obviously your narrow definition of survival isn't likely going to allow for that. You can't have your cake and eat it to. Based on your definition of survival, you'd have to choose... either you want a survival game, or you want a game that you can beat. Pick one.  

I never said I wanted it to be a survival game. 

I said the survival mechanics are a joke. 

Quite honestly the survival mechanics are just stupid.  On SE you have to stop playing for long stretches of time due to weather mechanics.  If you're on any map and you're out playing on the back of a dinosaur your toon doesn't need to eat for like an hour, but if you're just running about your base trying to collect eggs, craft, raise dinos, etc, your toon gets hungry like every 5 mins. 

Honestly that kind of crap doesn't enhance gameplay for me at all.

I've said over and over again, any mechanic that makes me have to stop playing the game is dumb.  Whether that includes standing around protecting a dinosaur during the taming process or a weather mechanic that makes my toon run completely out of stamina so I have to just stand in a tent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the most bad thing atm on pve its the squares tribes right everyone know them [][][][] who spam the chat like monkeys also claim land like reatrds till infront of ur base . mostly of them are chinesse they overflooded the NA/EU servers u cant talk to them cause of course they are ignorant or cant type in English at all . we need region lock for them :) then all should be alright .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/4/2019 at 10:40 AM, Rio4201 said:

PC (PvE) Players: What breaks this game for you?

This morning I sat here with my coffee thinking about a few different ways to approach this subject, a more constructive, less abrasive approach seemed more helpful than anything. I'll start out with the last few things fresh in my memory over the last 2 weeks.

 

1. Characters being deleted on transfers.

This is huge for me, and it happens a lot more often than Wildcard would admit to.

 

2. Trough Bug.

I got up this morning, logged in on my Val server, and found all 6 of my 605 gigas (Adolescent) had starved to death overnight. After all that freakin' time, meat run after meat run after meat run, imprint after imprint, my time was basically p*ssed away by a bug. The troughs were all 80% full still, they just. stopped. EATING.  That is by far the most aggravating thing ever, I didn't spend all the time I did raising just to have a bug kill my effort, its unacceptable, infuriating and just makes me not want to play.

 

3. Loot drops.

It took me nearly 3 months to finally get a rex saddle bp, and it's almost ridiculous when you go up to a red drop or red loot chest and you get a F@#$'ing GPS or primitive hatchet. Are you serious? 

 

4. The current version of 1x .

I sincerely hope they move to make the current 2x rate as the regular rate, the game runs much more smoothly, it's much more fun for everyone a it really has  promoted activity. 

 

5. The painting system.

Currently completely broken.

 

#3 Rex BP are best found in extinction  red\purple osd.       #4 the rates were already boosted from the original  1x.#5 a little googling can go along way.my paintings are just fine XD can pull any pictures  from the Internet  and paint on anything on ark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...