Wipe Official Servers

NoOneBtw

Suggestion

After almost 2 years of constant breeding, every larger group now has incredibly mutated dinos that are nowhere close to what the game was originally balanced around. This means that dinos like Rhinos or Therizinosaurs deal much more damage and are much harder to kill than they were 1.5 years ago when the game released. Politically, the game is currently very stale, with alliances constant, no big conflicts and many people leaving the main cluster for others clusters or other games for a fresher and more exciting experience. A wipe would easily reset breeding back to its original state and bring these dinos back down to what they were originally, and bring back many players that have left over the last year.

edit: im talking (mostly) about the Official PvP network, non-legacy, main cluster)

Edited by NoOneBtw
clarification
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1
  • Facepalm 18

360 replies to this server topic

I think if people are only still playing to tend to their large hordes of crap they need to really think about what they are actually doing with their time.  it's a easily ingrained mental pathway that allows humans to get irrationally obsessive over sunk costs and they feel like they have "wasted their time" when they lose things and think of it as a lost investment.

The truth of the matter is that the moment you spend a resource like time it is a sunk cost you can never recover, so spend it to gain fun.  Throwing resources at something solely because you've already thrown tons of resources at it is NEVER a good idea.

tldr; your crap in a video game doesn't matter, the memories you make do, go make some memories instead of organizing your fridge.

and no i didn't upvote this i could care less what happens i just don't like seeing people wasting their time.

• Like 1

guys ... its a survival game.  People cheating , glitching,  meshing is all part of the experience.  Evolve --  its in the title of the game.  Adapt be smart and you will survive!   Im on console ps4 pvp official.  Just hit level 100 since starting in January, EVER.    3 man tribe always getting over powered by these megas but guess what... i run and hide my stuff when i have to. . I switch out servers when i have to.  if your lazy in the game,  someone who is not will get you.   Survive- Evolve- Adapt to the bullpoop cheaters.    

If you are a low level trying to make it to the top... you will be raided at least 20 times.  Don't get frustrated because each time you build it will be better then the last.  lol, and you need the experience points anyway lol 

p.s.

I think rail gun shoots through to the cheating meshers, and a parasaur can detect in mesh aswel.   And if all else fails well im sorry ARK but if you yourself need to go in the mesh to kill off raiders, you should because they gona take your stuff you spent time for and you can  submit as many tickets as you want.  You know you're not getting your stuff back lol.   

GL guys. 

p.s. #2.

if you cant beat em, maybe join em?

I have been playing this game for like 4 years I think. On steam and on Xbox and I would not want a solid wipe. Now I have no problem with wiping and resetting servers that have a below 20-30 person average.  Or even doing an a half once a year wipe and reset on some servers.

To me wiping and or changing low pop servers to the more popular or new maps is a wise and smart choice. But to take a game like this where long term breeding and building can take FOREVER to just have developers say F you we don’t care about your dedication to our game is just stupid. 

And i play official pvp mostly. But I also play on a privet netrado server with friend I have made in this game.

So for noobs and lazy people this might be cool... but for someone who has been playing since day 1.... you gmfu! It didnt stay up all those hours to get new stats and mutations for it to be all taken away. The countless hours i put into base designs over all the different maps. You wipe official and most of the ark player base will be leaving the game. It would be suicide for wildcard, most players would expect that from future games from wildcard so wouldnt waste time.  

• Like 5

22 hours ago, ChoppinBlades said:

So for noobs and lazy people this might be cool... but for someone who has been playing since day 1.... you gmfu! It didnt stay up all those hours to get new stats and mutations for it to be all taken away. The countless hours i put into base designs over all the different maps. You wipe official and most of the ark player base will be leaving the game. It would be suicide for wildcard, most players would expect that from future games from wildcard so wouldnt waste time.  

Most people would come back with a wipe everyone likes early game late game ark gets so fkn boring

• Like 1

On 5/8/2019 at 9:24 AM, Arlie87 said:

I'm sure smalltribes servers are/will be dying. Normal official servers have been dead for a long time thanks to megatribes. The biggest issue at the moment is that any server you see maybe has 35/70 people online, but once you join you wont find any bases. You know why? Because everyone has mesh bases everywhere. There are actual mesh wars going on where people are trying to find the mesh bases of the people who meshed their mesh base. That is how the game is right now. 

We need official server wipes AFTER meshing is fixed to get everyone out of the damn walls, so the game can be played as it was intended OR we need new servers like Classic PvP. I'm confident that ALOT of people will come back to play. I know at least 10 people in my list alone who would be back to play and i'm only 1 person. 

I would love to see classic servers on Xbox we don't have them yet. Yes official is a waste of time at times. Love the game been in Mega alliances, right now it's just mesh wars. I haven't played in a 6 months. I remember on Abb I was getting shot by somone with a tek rifle from in the mesh.  while we were putting up turret towers and etc. And just like you said we had to figure out how he got into the mesh to stop it.

This post is talking about pvp so maybe my understanding is wrong, but....

If one want to start fresh, there are hundreds private servers starting everyday.

I think the isolation of legacy server is not an attempt to start fresh but to remove the effect of baby taming bug. And I think that is a mistake. This game is supposed o "evolve", and evolution happens by fixing mistakes, not by starting a new thing or total annihilation. Some one suggested to wipe the cluster once more mistakes are fixed, but as long as the game lives, there will be new contents; as long as there are new contents, there will be new mistakes. If mistakes justifies annihilation, then everything will just start over and over again with no change and no hope.

Whether  PVP or PVE, I think the point of this massive official cluster is to construct a story in which everyone build their experience upon the ones before them. As a player who had ark since its first appearance (I think it was exactly 4 years ago from now), it kind of surprise me every time (usually when a player scream "why is this game so difficult!!!!!") I realize how easy it has become now. Not because the game had changed (though it is apart of the reason), but because of the work of all the players in these 4 years. 

New players may not understand this, but in my opinion, playing in ark official cluster is like witnessing the rise of a mini civilization. Where even if you come late, you can still benefit from the people before you, and even if you leave, your work can still affect the people after you.

Personally, I don't like the idea of nuking the world just because it has problems. So it would be a shame to see this story end in the way the legacies did. 

Edited by nameless

A lot of people talking about how this is something that casual players want and that a lot of the problems that are giving reasons for a wipe will just come around again as its the nature of those who play.

whilst this is true I feel like a wipe would HAVE to come with some prerequisites 
- breeding rework
- mega tribe abolition
- offline meta
- Titan meta 
are all areas that could do with attention before a wipe is even discussed.

On 4/25/2019 at 9:36 AM, BertNoobians said:

its funny that people with a low post count want a wipe, and people with a high post count dont want a wipe.

new players will always want a wipe, that will never change, they want to start equal with all the others.

90% of the starters only play this game for a few weeks upto a few months,

and there would be more people that want a wipe because there will always be more starters then established players.

this is why it is extremely hypocritical and mean to ask for a wipe because statistics say that you are not even here anymore after 3 months.

some dinos like tuso mosa and basilo take 1.5 years where they are now, they are op, but they are not even close to max possible. you want to wipe this work.

this is likely my first post on the forums but ive been playing this game for about 3 years now.  Official servers, ESPECIALLY XBOX servers, need a full wipe.  Xbox has been duping since the start of the new servers, its completely raptored.  how long have you been playing the game because you dont seem like its been since legacy

On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 10:11 AM, Bagelbyte2 said:

Dont whine and complain because you died to someone who has invested lots of time and has skill in a game. Dont like it get better.

This post lol, do you want to rephrase that ? because all I am hearing is dudes that may be in a larger tribe trying not to get dev wiped, mostly because they have no skill. Oh lug nuts meshed me, lets mesh back (major skill), oh we cant get in here lets inside him (loads more skill) oh my mate from server 9 million knows how to dupe we can mek rush them wow so skilled. imo and from those who are LEGIT that are in bigger tribes, they agree its stale and have expressed they would love a wipe. in fact that's why most are looking at vaguero for that excitement of beach bashing with clubs, and getting to take the server and establishing who is boss again because their bored with the way things are.

(Hear me out please) new servers or wipe

So hello ark devs and ark players I have something to say.

ark is a great game I love it i play it a lot played it since day 1 but I have come to a conclusion.

its been 3 years since official release and the server wipe and since then if you didn’t get to be a alpha/mega in the first year and continue then you can never build up because no matter how hard you try the Megas who played since day 1 will always be stronger than you and will wipe you eventually even if you are a new player even if you found a dead server they will come and raid you and that makes many ppl leave ark and not play like me and my friends I am a very big fan of ark love the game but this makes me leave I’m fine with getting raided but you can’t build up to be a mega or alpha so many ppl leave ark cuz of this problem so I have a solution.

Option A:you can wipe the servers  

option B: if you don’t want to wipe them I understand that so I have a plan. Make new servers for all the maps and those servers will be placed under their on category like how primitive plus is then that’s where the newcomers or old ppl who left ark go to play it’s like a new world of ark like it just got wiped or just got released oh yeah and you can’t transfer anything into those servers from the old ones and also you can’t transfer stuff out of those servers to the old ones 

I hope you read this ark this would bring a lot of ppl back to the game and you can count me and 20 of my friends in so if you see 21 ppl coming back to ark just so you know that’s us well 20 cuz I still play ark but you know what I mean please take sometime read this and if you have any questions send it to my e mail ark thank you and I hope you think about it.