NoOneBtw

Wipe Official Servers

Suggestion

Posted (edited)

After almost 2 years of constant breeding, every larger group now has incredibly mutated dinos that are nowhere close to what the game was originally balanced around. This means that dinos like Rhinos or Therizinosaurs deal much more damage and are much harder to kill than they were 1.5 years ago when the game released. Politically, the game is currently very stale, with alliances constant, no big conflicts and many people leaving the main cluster for others clusters or other games for a fresher and more exciting experience. A wipe would easily reset breeding back to its original state and bring these dinos back down to what they were originally, and bring back many players that have left over the last year.

edit: im talking (mostly) about the Official PvP network, non-legacy, main cluster)

Edited by NoOneBtw
clarification
  • Like 6
  • Confused 1
  • Facepalm 6

139 replies to this server topic

Posted (edited)

its funny that people with a low post count want a wipe, and people with a high post count dont want a wipe.

new players will always want a wipe, that will never change, they want to start equal with all the others.

90% of the starters only play this game for a few weeks upto a few months,

and there would be more people that want a wipe because there will always be more starters then established players.

this is why it is extremely hypocritical and mean to ask for a wipe because statistics say that you are not even here anymore after 3 months.

some dinos like tuso mosa and basilo take 1.5 years where they are now, they are op, but they are not even close to max possible. you want to wipe this work.

Edited by BertNoobians
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Facepalm 2

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, Shovelhands said:

There not here for more then 3 months because its pointless to play official pvp, the whole point of ark is to grind to the top yet when the servers are 2 year olds its impossible to do that no one wants to play on official it's dead content smalltribes and unofficial is the only reason ark isn't truly dead and most old players only have one of these accounts to submit support tickets 

its the big tribes and wanna bee arkers from other servers that ruin the lives of the beginners in pvp ark. i fly around almost every day and see the horror of blown in little starter bases. this is something our tribe doesnt do , only the scumbag tribes. ths is why a little tribe cant grow to the top. toxic behaviour wont change with a devwipe. its also to easy to offline raid right now. small tribes cant protect themselfs. has nothing to do with dino stats that are to high that need to be reset.

Edited by BertNoobians
  • Thanks 2
  • Facepalm 1

I don't play PvP so I can't speak for that, but I can say that if the PvE server I am on, and have been for a year, I would most definitely just quit playing. I've been building and trying to improve for the whole time. Too much work to lose.

I can understand the PvP players would want this however, based on the comments here.

• Like 2

I'd like to see them continue with some fixes for meshing and other issues. Maybe put out a plan for new TLC and/or new map DLC and then a fresh wipe in a massive update, similar to what we saw at the end of legacy. People don't like to think about losing their stuff, but officials are boring currently. Fresh new Officials would bring a lot of people back, including myself.

• Like 3

On 4/25/2019 at 5:47 PM, Swerfy said:

No, there are so many more people that are waiting for a wipe. The game is stale which is why they need to wipe every year. If they did that then there wouldn’t be a problem

The only ones , that want a wipe its the damn kids that always are winning about something , instead of playing the game. I play the game for 3 years and dont have any problem with my evolution and i still have much to work for

. Just because , you are too lazy to work for your stuff and want everything for yesterday , i dont have to be punished by all that posture of yours.

My server is constantly with 20+ people on, and everyday new players start on my server, 1 out of 10 succed and keep playing, cause all the others only know beg and ask for stuff, and we dont support that kind of attitude .

9 hours ago, BertNoobians said:

its funny that people with a low post count want a wipe, and people with a high post count dont want a wipe.

new players will always want a wipe, that will never change, they want to start equal with all the others.

90% of the starters only play this game for a few weeks upto a few months,

and there would be more people that want a wipe because there will always be more starters then established players.

this is why it is extremely hypocritical and mean to ask for a wipe because statistics say that you are not even here anymore after 3 months.

some dinos like tuso mosa and basilo take 1.5 years where they are now, they are op, but they are not even close to max possible. you want to wipe this work.

There not here for more then 3 months because its pointless to play official pvp, the whole point of ark is to grind to the top yet when the servers are 2 year olds its impossible to do that no one wants to play on official it's dead content smalltribes and unofficial is the only reason ark isn't truly dead and most old players only have one of these accounts to submit support tickets 

So for noobs and lazy people this might be cool... but for someone who has been playing since day 1.... you gmfu! It didnt stay up all those hours to get new stats and mutations for it to be all taken away. The countless hours i put into base designs over all the different maps. You wipe official and most of the ark player base will be leaving the game. It would be suicide for wildcard, most players would expect that from future games from wildcard so wouldnt waste time.  

• Like 1

Hi

On 4/23/2019 at 10:20 PM, NoOneBtw said:

After almost 2 years of constant breeding, every larger group now has incredibly mutated dinos that are nowhere close to what the game was originally balanced around. This means that dinos like Rhinos or Therizinosaurs deal much more damage and are much harder to kill than they were 1.5 years ago when the game released. Politically, the game is currently very stale, with alliances constant, no big conflicts and many people leaving the main cluster for others clusters or other games for a fresher and more exciting experience. A wipe would easily reset breeding back to its original state and bring these dinos back down to what they were originally, and bring back many players that have left over the last year.

edit: im talking (mostly) about the Official PvP network, non-legacy, main cluster)

Could you put the PVP as the prefix for the subject headline as we seem to have unanimously agreed that this aubjexlct is about PvP servers

• Like 1

On 4/24/2019 at 4:28 PM, Lowly said:

But sharing across tribes is a wipeable offence so yep wipe small tribes for breaching small tribes rules

Why the hell are they going for pvp then ? If every noob that wanted  fresh start , demanded a wipe . None could play ever ... grow up 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Krazeehhh said:

I have 6.5k hours on official pvp, does that make me new?  I would love a wipe.

Im in one of the biggest tribes on PC PvP
WyvhnYW.png

i play official pvp for a year now and soon you may come across a dino i made. it sadly leaked and these stats will soon be the standard for all tribes except for a few big ones. these stats where a lot of work to but a lot of smaller tribes will benefit from it with the bossfights greatly. making the little tribes stronger.

you must also know that big tribes will rise from the ashes super fast. a wipe means nothing for pvp. our tribe restarted from scratch 2 times. devwiped just because of 1 player each time. only took a couple of days to get an abb base running with 25 indus forges.

yss accepts everybody though.

Edited by BertNoobians

On 4/23/2019 at 4:20 PM, NoOneBtw said:

not pve lol you wipe my last year of work and im out and so are 99% of the player base of pve 😂 pvp is one thing thats all fighting and combat and all that.  pve is basically mine craft for semi adults.. some of us are adults even xD thats what pve lives for.  caving group bossing breeding colors and stats.  its essentially a never ending progression that people put insane amount of time into.  wipe pve and i guarantee nobody i know who no lifes t is game would ever play again lol

Just NO, why should we loose all our hard work on small tribes? Why should the current PvP community be wiped, this is a horrible idea that will kill the game. 

Maybe you should learn to read the community crunch, the developers have already stated that wipes will not be happening on any of the official clusters. 

@Arlie87