What's the most intimidating thing on Abberation for you?

AdligerAdler

When I hear a rock drake near my base, while I'm still in the beginner stage with not a single battle mount. Clo-clonk, clo-clonk, clo-clonk

I'm stopping whatever I'm doing, go in crouch position and check the walls. Those creatures are really worrying me since they can climb up to the plateau where my little base is.

Probably arthropleura in the radiation zone, they spawn there right ?. Thats whats kinda worrying me the most at the moment about the radiation zone, one good shot on your radiation suit or two on your spare and night night...

Also purlovias worry me aswell but I should be fine on a larger carnivore. I am just worried by things incapacitating me leaving me defensless rather than something over powering me in some ways. For me thats the most intimidating thing,  the environment getting the better of me. Add in the mushrooms and what not.

• 5 weeks later...

For me right now it's the surface. I went up there once with a tribemate and got caught in the daytime while fighting off reapers. Tribemate survived. I didn't. I know it's time based but we did watch the clock and still got caught by surprise. We really need element ore but I'm reluctant to try going up there again, so I've been scrounging for the nodes in the Grave of the Lost. I'd rather fight off hordes of rock drakes and nameless than risk the surface again.

1 hour ago, Cymas said:

For me right now it's the surface. I went up there once with a tribemate and got caught in the daytime while fighting off reapers. Tribemate survived. I didn't. I know it's time based but we did watch the clock and still got caught by surprise. We really need element ore but I'm reluctant to try going up there again, so I've been scrounging for the nodes in the Grave of the Lost. I'd rather fight off hordes of rock drakes and nameless than risk the surface again.

Go at 90% night from 17:30-5:30 leave early if you're worried. This gives you 40+ min up there. 

53 minutes ago, Migol said:

The most intimidating thing for me is lag hiccups while on the surface.    We've heard a lot of horror stories during the rollback/server crash/individual crash times where people log back in to having lost everything to the daytime fire, simply due to a server hiccup.

Lost 5 drakes at one time. One was a Christmas drake with God tier stats. We were hunting an alpha reaper king.

39 minutes ago, Doth said:

Lost 5 drakes at one time. One was a Christmas drake with God tier stats. We were hunting an alpha reaper king.

One of the Tribes on our server (270) had just finished killing Beta Rockwell for the first time, 20 minutes after celebrating in public chat...Rollback.    They lost the drakes, Tekgrams, everything.

1 hour ago, Migol said:

The most intimidating thing for me is lag hiccups while on the surface.    We've heard a lot of horror stories during the rollback/server crash/individual crash times where people log back in to having lost everything to the daytime fire, simply due to a server hiccup.

1 reason I don't want to go there with a drake or anything else of high value. It would be very frustrating to disconnect up there and having my mount getting killed by reapers or erased by the daylight.

On PS4 bluescreens are almost a daily thing on Aberration and there's also server timeouts. For the surface I might breed some high lvl ravagers, no ressources and time spent on imprints and with only speed leveled. And I go naked.

1 hour ago, AdligerAdler said:

1 reason I don't want to go there with a drake or anything else of high value. It would be very frustrating to disconnect up there and having my mount getting killed by reapers or erased by the daylight.

On PS4 bluescreens are almost a daily thing on Aberration and there's also server timeouts. For the surface I might breed some high lvl ravagers, no ressources and time spent on imprints and with only speed leveled. And I go naked.

EUGHHH.

I lost my beautiful blue drake up there last night :(

Collecting loot drops and It became too laggy to hop back on the drake with "E" - I've done this 100 times with no issue ¬_¬. We got surrounded by 5 reapers, my 1500 armor flak set broke in 2 hits, myself on the third and my Lizard on the 4th :(

I borrowed my brothers drake and got back up just in time to see her die :( 

Tail whips by reapers. Queen or surface. Queen chamber tail whips can knock you into the liquid element (hasn't happened yet because of my intense paranoia, but even if you DC the queen could whip your tame into the pink when your loading back in), and on the surface tail whips pushing you farther out cause more reapers to spawn wich can get out of hand very fast. Other than that, just DCing. On the surface or in the red, all bad. If I go to the surface I always leave well before daytime just in case my crashes multiple times in a row.(happens all the gd time)

I've never seen an elemental reaper yet. 

Archived