Best late-game creature?

Lagonbreezey

I like using rexes for my boss runs, all around good creatures that are easy to tame and provide good combat capability.

outside of that a good magmasaur is vital for late-game resource runs.

Gigas are great meat runners for breeding up an army, and on fjordur are a great choice to take down the mini-bosses. 

And deinonychus are good in terms of kibble, eggs provide extraordinary kibble, they don’t take too much space, and raise up rather quickly also when utilized correctly, can be used for boss runs with their bleed. 

wyverns are also pretty essential on most maps with their travel and combat skills.

I will never understand why anyone uses wyverns over a Managarmr. Wyverns are slow, have a horrible turning radius, can't swim, run out of stamina quickly when attacking, have low hitpoints, and can't be mutated. Wyvern breath attacks can kill friendly targets too.

Managarmr on the other hand are the fastest creature in Ark in the air, on the land, and in the water. The have a breath attack that is spammable, freezes the opponent, and uses very little stamina, and won't damage friendlies. They are highly maneuverable once you practice with them, and get from point A to point B about about five times faster than a wyvern. You can also breed manas, getting the absurd stats that dinos can get.

The only downsides to Manas are the poop a lot (with an animation) when donr using stamina abilities and they make annoying frost clouds (that can obscure your vision) whenever they slam into the ground. The poop animation can be interrupted with an attack but I admit the frost clouds are pretty annoying sometimes.

So imo Managarmr is the best. Can even sort of fly in caves if you cryopod it in.

1 hour ago, mudplayerx said:

I will never understand why anyone uses wyverns over a Managarmr. Wyverns are slow, have a horrible turning radius, can't swim, run out of stamina quickly when attacking, have low hitpoints, and can't be mutated. Wyvern breath attacks can kill friendly targets too.

Managarmr on the other hand are the fastest creature in Ark in the air, on the land, and in the water. The have a breath attack that is spammable, freezes the opponent, and uses very little stamina, and won't damage friendlies. They are highly maneuverable once you practice with them, and get from point A to point B about about five times faster than a wyvern. You can also breed manas, getting the absurd stats that dinos can get.

The only downsides to Manas are the poop a lot (with an animation) when donr using stamina abilities and they make annoying frost clouds (that can obscure your vision) whenever they slam into the ground. The poop animation can be interrupted with an attack but I admit the frost clouds are pretty annoying sometimes.

So imo Managarmr is the best. Can even sort of fly in caves if you cryopod it in.

I love them both but I do find myself using the mana more, the only other bad things I can think of is that their attack is disrupted when being hit and they cant attack in the water. 

15 hours ago, Lagonbreezey said:

Taking it to the boss fighting and tek of the ark, late game is full of just doing whatever you really want, so what is your best late-game tame?

Giga.....I usually never mess with them, however looking at extinction, gotta have them for the DPS for orbital drops.
Otherwise I think theri's for boss, basil for UW caves, and yuty for kibble/ice cave

6 hours ago, mudplayerx said:

pretty sure you can breed wyverns now but you have a point.

22 hours ago, mudplayerx said:

Managarmr on the other hand are the fastest creature in Ark in the air, on the land, and in the water.

Fast isn't always an advantage. I've discovered a lot of cool stuff because I was flying over on a wyvern. If I was on a Mana I probbaly would have gone right on by. 

Though I do really like Manas and took the time to breed a great line of red colored ones. 

22 hours ago, wizard03 said:

Giga.....I usually never mess with them, however looking at extinction, gotta have them for the DPS for orbital drops.
Otherwise I think theri's for boss, basil for UW caves, and yuty for kibble/ice cave

Carchars might be displacing gigas as the kings of OSDs; their damage output & healing speed increase the more creatures they kill, which obviously is very nice for OSDs.  Worth a shot if you find a high level carchar before a high level giga.

9 hours ago, Dreadcthulhu said:

Carchars might be displacing gigas as the kings of OSDs; their damage output & healing speed increase the more creatures they kill, which obviously is very nice for OSDs.  Worth a shot if you find a high level carchar before a high level giga.

will keep it in mind. Any info on saddle BP farms?

On 11/23/2022 at 11:05 PM, Lagonbreezey said:

deinonychus

Actually, I'd say Deinons could easily be low-level tames. All you need is a ptera, or maybe a good stego. And they're still viable for any player, no matter what level they are.

On 11/25/2022 at 10:59 PM, wizard03 said:

Carchars might be displacing gigas as the kings of OSD

Actually, maybe not just might (check out Syntac's recent video). But I agree. Carchars are superior. They're faster, they've got much better healing than pretty much any creature in the game, and they look better :D. But better than both is the shadowmane. Compact, powerful, impressive mobility, suave good looks...What's not to like?

Managarmrs are better than wyverns for travel. But the maewing is unbeatable. Their sustained speed can maybe beat a mana in a long term race. Short term, mana would easily destroy the maewing. Same for single combat. But again, nobody beats the maewing in sustained travel.

But back to the argument of Wyverns vs Manas. Wyverns may be slower, and their turning may be longer. But they can also pick things up, and they're like flying rexes with breath attacks. Plus, Manas are a serious pain to tame (less so with the net gun, but still painful). Wyverns are somewhat painful to raise, but less so than manas. Also, check out Syntac's mutated manas. In that case, I'd totally use Manas over wyverns. I like both, but when you move at pretty much literal light speed and have an attack that's essentially a superpowered minigun...it's not much of a battle, is it?

However, despite my earlier points, I absolutely adore the rock drake. Combat prowess and gliding and climbing? Sign me up for the premium membership, no questions asked!

On 11/24/2022 at 8:00 PM, mudplayerx said:

I've mutated lots of my wyverns so I don't know what ur talking about

On 11/24/2022 at 12:00 PM, mudplayerx said:

THe fact that wyverns can kill your own tames is also a blessing.  Got 100 unwanted babies you want to get rid of?  Lightning to the face, done.  Also, they have been able to collect mutations for over a year now.

One more submission I haven't seen yet.   The Magmasaur.   Definately end game, but one of the better feelings I've had in the game is running around the wyvern trenches on a big chonky boy without a care or concern as to my safety.  Meat runs,  harvesting and even boss fight capable (looking at you Mr dragon).  Turning radius is the only downside I've ran into.   

On 11/24/2022 at 3:44 PM, Cowgirl said:

I love them both but I do find myself using the mana more, the only other bad things I can think of is that their attack is disrupted when being hit and they cant attack in the water. 

Can't believe I forgot to mention those. Yes, not being able to attack in water is a major drag. Getting hit while using the breath attack sucks too but manas are so fast and maneuverable that this usually is a minor inconvenience.

Shadowmanes are pretty up there. Stunlock ability that can teleport them to multiple targets, active camouflage, good speed, good attack power, a super attack that builds with attacks, passive armor that also hurts aggressors, and a frankly ridiculous jump height that can be chained into a teleport attack if you're quick enough. Even with a nerf in they slap comically hard with mutations and imprints in them.

Archived