DauntedVenus

Separate PvE and PvP balances

Suggestion

There should be a way to separate the balances made to dinosaurs and game mechanics between PvE and PvP.

Multiple balances have made PvE nothing but hard. Managarmr being a recent example, in PvE they're useless now thanks to the many balances made to make PvP better.

Flier nerf was a huge change in PvE making fliers and transportation harder by forcing us to land since PvP was taking to the skies too often and the game tried to "ground" the fight

• Like 17
  • Thanks 7
  • Confused 1

110 replies to this server topic

Posted (edited)
On 8/9/2019 at 8:41 AM, Aushegun said:

Stats seem to indicate that the majority of players are PvE .... so maybe they should focus on making sure the game favors those players instead. 😈

On 8/9/2019 at 11:01 AM, Joebl0w13 said:

Ced acknowledged that most people play PvE.

I question how accurate those stats and statements are from Ced. Considering most players play Unofficial how could they possibly know. I think Ced's statements were that more players play PvE on official network vs the much larger unofficial network.

In addition battlemetrics data delve suggests that it is very close to 50% to 50%

Edited by johnm81

3 hours ago, LEDminer said:

Yes, because it would be logical to please the majority of the playerbase.

Or maybe, balance the two in tandem, making things balanced for PvP, but keeping it good for PvE. Please the whole playerbase.

It just dawned on me. How can we really divorce pvp balance and pve servers when there is a lot of pvp that happens on pve server with the tribe war system? Now that system is in place is there really such a thing as non-pvp servers? No. The only difference is consensual vs non-consensual pvp. But still PvP.

5 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

That’s not what he said. He flat out stated most of our players play PvE

You can doubt the accuracy or not believe him. Doesn’t change facts. 

You are being willfully ignorant to the track record of WC knowing their own game. This is the company that gave a few days in the first great migration and had NO idea that server transfers weren't a thing on THERE OWN PRIM+ SERVERS. Oh and who was it that was blissfully unaware of that? 

Lets just take a gander....

Oh yes, it was Ced, the very same guy who you are quoting as "fact". Sure.... He literally just asked some player on twitter about the configuration of his own mod unaware of its status.

You can doubt the accuracy or not believe him. Doesn’t change facts  that he has shown himself not to be knowledgeable about his own game.

2 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

That would be called, a fact. 

That would be called information from an unreliable source. 

2 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Burns you up most people just don’t play PvP.

That would be called an immature straw-man argument.

2 hours ago, johnm81 said:

Oh yes, it was Ced, the very same guy who you are quoting as "fact".

And that would be called the point you completely ignored as it removes reliability from your source.

• Facepalm 1

17 hours ago, CyanicEmber said:

I don't know, PvP crowd has always seemed way more elitist to me.

Elitists exist on both sides of the fence. They are anyone who believes their side deserves preferential treatment over others. Yes lots of elitists pvpers too.

I think they have to look st the things that unbalance pvp. And if you ask me, and from what I've heard, the majority of it comes due to stacking bred dino stats, and mutations. I'd propose the 'fix' could simply be to disable all breeding on pvp servers completely. This should dramatically, and perhaps drastically, level the playing field.

On 4/24/2019 at 1:18 AM, covenantgrunt said:

In pve they should just enable creative mode and God mode. People should not even have to farm just spawn in creatures and bases. And instant kill anything by right clicking on it. It's pve balance don't matter.

I think exactly the same could be said for pvp. Might make more sense actually. Then the kiddies wouldn't complain that an op dung beatle wiped their entire base. Just spawn in a new base, then spawn in whatever dinos you want to do battle with whomever you want! 

Posted (edited)

I agree been pve xbox player since game was on the game preview list every patch they do for pvp balances has fed up pve its not a hard ask to seperate pve ruleset and balances from the pvpside of game quetz plat and plants flyers move speed ect all were huge f yous to your pve community as all we do on pve is tame breed stuff and build suppose to be relaxed and chill but we always got to worry way it is right now whats next thing pvp will screw for the rest of us non pvp players which is unfair to a good portion of your player base

Edited by DuncanMacleod08

On 4/23/2019 at 11:11 PM, DauntedVenus said:

There should be a way to separate the balances made to dinosaurs and game mechanics between PvE and PvP.

Multiple balances have made PvE nothing but hard. Managarmr being a recent example, in PvE they're useless now thanks to the many balances made to make PvP better.

Flier nerf was a huge change in PvE making fliers and transportation harder by forcing us to land since PvP was taking to the skies too often and the game tried to "ground" the fight

This I have wanted since day one two separate balance files for PVE and PVP, including element transfers and tributes transfers. Makes sense on PVP no sense at all on PVE

• Like 1

On 4/27/2019 at 6:40 AM, Aylana314159 said:

PvE (official) has dino cap as a main issue

Yes, absolutely. I would suggest to make dino cap number bigger but not something extremely huge, that would cause a lag. But I think structures causes much more lag than dinos, ive seen big bases structures load and give 5fps but dinos instantly loaded when near some1s base.

Separate PVE and PVP changes for sure. PVP changes making a bad effect on PVE, because pve isnt about raiding, and dinos nerf makes pve harder. I  play PVE only and the new beta changes that is coming is good only for pvp, pve shoudnt get the owl nerf etc.

On 4/23/2019 at 5:12 PM, d1nk said:

I agree with the topic but not the flier nerf bit. It was needed and shouldnt be put back in.

or they should all get swoop, and if flyers being good and fun causes a problem with the ground game, then WC should fix the ground game, instead of breaking the part that people liked.

On 4/23/2019 at 5:11 PM, DauntedVenus said:

There technically is, PvE and PvP are different game modes. I understand WC doesn't want to maintain two configurations of the game.

10 Seconds snow owl cooldown this patch - PvP vs PvE

In todays Patchnotes:

"- Players and Dinos are now immune to the snow owl freeze for 10 seconds after being frozen"

While this is probably a good PvP change, it hugely nerfs the snow owl in PvE gameplay on PvE servers. I'm using the snow owl as main taming mount. Please consider balancing PvP and PvE seperatly.