Jump to content

Recommended Posts

i build ergonomic cubes painstakingly measured out so that i only have to use one food trough to feed he maximum amount of animals and i can pack as many dinosaurs into a space as possible like some sort of modern farming thing. if i have tek i usually literally do cubes, the underwater kind. especially now that you can ship element dust by the bucket load from extinction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tend to build for function instead of looks so I cram a bunch of stuff in an efficient box.. this time around its basically the same except I added some windows and spaced it out a bit. I try to keep themes together (crafting, cooking, breeding etc) but in the end it always looks like a crammed box :P I would build a lot bigger more aestetic places if I wasnt limited to console specs :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/30/2019 at 2:05 AM, d1nk said:

I tend to build for function instead of looks so I cram a bunch of stuff in an efficient box.. this time around its basically the same except I added some windows and spaced it out a bit. I try to keep themes together (crafting, cooking, breeding etc) but in the end it always looks like a crammed box :P I would build a lot bigger more aestetic places if I wasnt limited to console specs :( 

I play on console too. If you send me some photos i can help you with the decorations.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BlueberryJackal said:

I play on console too. If you send me some photos i can help you with the decorations.

Thanks I appreciate it man. My tribemate is pretty good with decorating but the problem now is.. if I add much more my base will be a laggy mess. Ive got 2 tek gennys, teleporters, tek cloning, etc all here so its quite big :P Thank Dog for cryopods!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/28/2019 at 6:34 AM, Firepumpkin0214 said:

I thought it would be fun to see everyone's creativity when building, specifically how you try to decorate your interiors. :)

When the wolves come sniffing at the door (aka raiders) fashion mean nothing its all about maximizing safety for your tribe and pets. Turret concentration, line of sight, space restriction of cryopod deployment is my "creativity".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BlueberryJackal said:

Alrighty then.

Thanks for the offer man, ill eventually throw pics up in the Life Thread if you want to see it though (maybe @AngrySaltire will do it with his fancy xb1x resolution)

57 minutes ago, johnm81 said:

When the wolves come sniffing at the door (aka raiders) fashion mean nothing its all about maximizing safety for your tribe and pets. Turret concentration, line of sight, space restriction of cryopod deployment is my "creativity".

To be fair he did mention builders and aestetics though your point is still very valid. I would like to see some pvp bases :) Got any old (or current) pics? PVP builds always intrigue me, totally different build method and logic 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, d1nk said:

Thanks for the offer man, ill eventually throw pics up in the Life Thread if you want to see it though (maybe @AngrySaltire will do it with his fancy xb1x resolution)

To be fair he did mention builders and aestetics though your point is still very valid. I would like to see some pvp bases :) Got any old (or current) pics? PVP builds always intrigue me, totally different build method and logic 

Pics? Id like to share but as with how pvp is sharing pics would allow raiders to study and find weaknesses. Maybe ill share if when this base is wiped.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, johnm81 said:

Pics? Id like to share but as with how pvp is sharing pics would allow raiders to study and find weaknesses. Maybe ill share if when this base is wiped.

I figured that when I asked, which was why I was hoping for old wiped base pics or so :P That being said, I hope I dont see your base pics now, may the ark gods be in your favour! 

 

(Dont get wiped!)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been looking for pretty mods to add things to my home for the time being, but there aren't many. And there should be. I'm sad there aren't cute things to plop down in my base to look at and calm down after a hard day of ark.

Other than a few lights at the moment, I've got a tower in the works.

But soon.

Soon, I will make it look like a child of aberration.ENWv81FVUAExVXU?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/28/2019 at 6:34 AM, Firepumpkin0214 said:

I thought it would be fun to see everyone's creativity when building, specifically how you try to decorate your interiors. :)

With turrets lots and lots of turrets.

On my server Santa doesn’t come in the base to leave presents he raids the vaults kills passive tames and c4 the foundations.

So ya lots of turrets

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...