So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

1 hour ago, TheGoodHouse01 said:

So yesterday on RAG i was looking for a rex and found a lvl 2 giga and i decided to tame it with my tribe mate, so he flies out on a argentavis and picked me up and shot it with night night darts (thats what i call them) and we knocked it out! so we ran around and grabbed prime meat and we tamed it. now it is Lvl 14. finally a good day in ark right? but wait it gets worse. so i am flying around on my argentavis and ran into 3 dragons and killed my argentavis. but i finished the Warehouse which holds all of our rexes and finished the averary.

Congrats on your new Giga.

I wasted nearly 100 darts on a level 100 giga recently, and it still wouldn't go down. So I'm jealous you got one.  

Too bad about your Argy :(

Quick boss fight last night. Beta rag. Introduced a starting line up of 5 Theri's (21k hp, 700+ melee, 122+ saddles, 10 veggie cakes in each inventory) 1 Rex (30k hp, 811 melee, 106 armor saddle), and I rode the Yuty (40k hp, 3700 stamina, 98 saddle). My allies filled in with the rest of the Rex's (30k to 40 k hp, 600+ melee). 

Yuty got stuck in a building in the beginning so that initial hit by the dragon did a great deal of damage to my allies Rex's with no damage resistance buff. The Dragon seems to be landing further away. I think we may need to exercise a bit more patience and let it come further into the center before rushing it. Think we should take that time to spread out around it to maximize DPS given. Once the Yuty was unstuck we put the Dragon down fairly fast with one of my Theri's getting the kill. 

Manticore got hurt quick in the fight and was on 2 bite health flying for a large majority of the fight. That extended time in air cost my ally one rex who got stuck on the Golem's. i parked my Yuty right there and consistently buffed him hoping the Manticore would land and they'd get the kill before it died but it was not to happen. 

Still even with a Rex loss the fight went much smoother than the previous couple. 

Theri highlights; All of them finished with less than 1k hp lost during the fight. 1 to 2 veggie cakes consumed by them. Yuty didn't even lose 1 k hp, Rex lost about 17k. He didn't really tangle with the Golem's too much so think that was probably caused mostly by initial Dragon salvo. 

One of my favorite moments was the Manticore landed behind a group of Golem's. I whistled in my attack group as did the other's. Most of the Rex's got stuck on the Golem's but with their lower height the Theri's scooted right on by and got some solid hits on the Manticore before he took off again. 

Good fight and I should have even better Theri's in the next 2 weeks or so. Should do another fight this Saturday. Sunday is dedicated to hatching/raising but then it's my turn to host the fight and it will be the Alpha test run. 3 melee Rex, 2 tank Rex, Yuty, and a regular Rex (probably the one I used last night since he also has 800+ melee). 

No time to play at all during the week so today was my first time playing since last Sunday.

First thing I did was hop on my argent (really like how smooth the new animations are) and refresh all my timers. Then I did a quick food run to get everything fed and straight to work.

Grind, grind, grind.

As much as I would have loved to go on a taming spree, the construction of my base takes priority. Today was the big wall, the rear exterior perimeter of the ridge. I'm not even close to done but I got the initial thatch down then successfully rebuilt in stone, got the ceilings and now it's just filling in the actual walls. Doing the wild facing side first, of course. Filled in a not insignificant chunk, but it's far from finished.

I'd say the most disappointing part is all that grinding only got me 2 levels, and I need 3 more before I can make a saddle for my rex.

I did also set down the thatch for the side wall/second gate on the far end, will probably work on converting that to stone and getting the actual gate up tomorrow.

Haven't laid a single foundation for my main base structure yet but it's starting to feel more like home already. I occupied this same ridge for the better part of a year on my first server, lot of nostalgia and memories. Still missing the most important part, though: Smaug, the best spino I've ever had. Still have him in storage, but he was nailed with the nerf bat long, long ago so my glorious, beautiful Smaug, destroyer of alpha rexes, is permanently retired to my everlasting sorrow. I converted half my old server to spino mains because of him, he was so distinctive and well known. Such is life on the Ark.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Cymas said:

No time to play at all during the week so today was my first time playing since last Sunday.

First thing I did was hop on my argent (really like how smooth the new animations are) and refresh all my timers. Then I did a quick food run to get everything fed and straight to work.

Grind, grind, grind.

As much as I would have loved to go on a taming spree, the construction of my base takes priority. Today was the big wall, the rear exterior perimeter of the ridge. I'm not even close to done but I got the initial thatch down then successfully rebuilt in stone, got the ceilings and now it's just filling in the actual walls. Doing the wild facing side first, of course. Filled in a not insignificant chunk, but it's far from finished.

I'd say the most disappointing part is all that grinding only got me 2 levels, and I need 3 more before I can make a saddle for my rex.

I did also set down the thatch for the side wall/second gate on the far end, will probably work on converting that to stone and getting the actual gate up tomorrow.

Haven't laid a single foundation for my main base structure yet but it's starting to feel more like home already. I occupied this same ridge for the better part of a year on my first server, lot of nostalgia and memories. Still missing the most important part, though: Smaug, the best spino I've ever had. Still have him in storage, but he was nailed with the nerf bat long, long ago so my glorious, beautiful Smaug, destroyer of alpha rexes, is permanently retired to my everlasting sorrow. I converted half my old server to spino mains because of him, he was so distinctive and well known. Such is life on the Ark.

I remember when you got him! (If its the same one earlier on your past server) rip smaug. You will rest upon gold mounds in ark heaven!

Was trying to tame an ABERRANT TITANOBOA with evo event but seems like the event didn't affect aberrant titanoboa because the progress bar was too slow. 

according to dododex

a lv 40 would need 6 Fertilized Dimetrodon Eggs but the progress bar was only like 7.3% per egg which would need 14

a lv 60 would need 8 Fertilized Dimetrodon Eggs but the progress bar was only like 5 point something % per egg which would need less than 20.

So either the event didn't affect Aberrant Titanoboa taming or it is different than normal Titanoboa or dunno what caused that. It was a failure anyway, trying to feed the lv 40  but a lv 60 came out of nowhere and ate the egg. I only got 9 eggs which were not enough anyway with the wrong info from dododex.

And a titanoboa can cross a 2 walls wide gap to the other side if there is also a ramp there. So a titanoboa trap should maybe has a 3x3 size.

Edited by DonaldDuck

I tamed my first Yuty (Lvl 80) today. I took out his Carno guards while they were chomping on something else. And luckily/unluckily enough, he was stuck on a rock, so I was able to knock him out without a chase. I started putting up my Rex taming dino gates around him, but ran into troubles with the last one. it wouldn't place. So I see a couple of rocks there, rocks which coincidentally the Yuty was stuck on, and I pull out my pick to smash them. Yep, by my third or fourth swing, I finally realize there's damage numbers floating around. Ugh!  I get the last gate in place thanks to a little negative taming efficiency, and throw on the doors. So now it's time to get prime meat, because I'm too much of a softy to breed my sheep and kill their baby back at the base.

Meat runs are going fine, he's taming up, and I notice his tail is sticking through a gap in my not quite well placed gates. That shouldn't be a problem I surmise. Yep, two meat runs later, I'm bringing back another Yuty kill to feed to my tame and don't pay enough attention. I'm pretty sure that Yuty's carnos followed me for a good six blocks . . . and arrive at the side with a tail sticking out. *Sigh* I shotgun them down, while they get a few nips in, and look at the taming efficiency. Instead of a number there's now a picture of a toilet....

It was mid level to begin with, so I didn't really want to go through letting him wake up to start over.  So I ended up with a level 95 yuty. He even survived the trip back to base on top of my motorboat, and his colors are some cool shades of green. Since I'm a super-creative-original-fantastic namer, he's known around the Rex base as Hulk.

• Haha 1

Didn't feel like grinding first thing this morning so I spent some time doing whatever I could think of to get exp. It was tough but I finally got the 3 levels I needed to make a rex saddle. Fun fact, I took out an alpha raptor with my trash level 44 argent, and the bird survived. So pro. While I was at carno point I noticed a 130 rex stomping around, pretty much keeping to himself away from the chaos.

So naturally I decided to take advantage of the x2 weekend. Got the saddle on my trash rex, loaded up supplies, and back to carno point to tame that 130. KOing him was an interesting experience--he seemed not particularly interested in the human poking at his thick hide with arrows, and basically kept on doing his rex thing until his torp got high and I KO'd him. Not quite according to plan but I'll take it. Got some spikes and a fire up and got to hunting with my frustratingly bad rex.

Was totally worth the pain of grinding out over an hour of nonstop prime. Got the saddle onto my new bad boy, almost perfect prime tame except at the end where my Ark luck turned sour and not a single prime dropped. Went and took out a couple of alpha raptors I knew were around for some easy levels, and I now have an all around beast and my first actually good tame. Given his relatively docile nature and chocolate coloring, I of course named him Cadbury. Too bad there isn't a monocle skin.

Then it was back to the grind for the rest of the night. I almost didn't think I was going to get it done, but lo, the results of my weekend project:

20180325213727_1.thumb.jpg.f9763f62a46262c5f17cfb4a5dbd28a8.jpg

The exterior side of the back wall of my territory is completed, or as close as it's going to get for now. Still have some interior work and the inner side to do, but that's for later. Next construction project will be the secondary gate to finish sealing off the ridge from wild animals. Then and only then will I be able to lay down the foundations of my actual base.

• Like 1

PS4 - Single Player - Ragnarok

Took part of the water dino fleet (just the Mosa, Plesi, best Basil, and 3 best sharks.) Set them to follow each other in a train, and off we went to the West-South West side of the map, to find the black pearl area. Things were going well as we made our way from my Marina in the North North East corner of the map. Then I saw a trench with some regular silicon pearls. I dive down with my shark, and the whole crew following behind. What  I didn't realize is that the little trench was quite narrow for the mosa and plesi, who both get stuck in it, an cannot do anything to fight off the lobsters attacking them from below. A harrowing 5 minutes later, I get everybody out of there, but the Plesi and Basil are hurt pretty bad, as is one of the sharks.

So we continue on our way, and soon we come upon a shipwreck, and as I dive down towards it, a Tuso materializes and grabs my shark. the fleet fights him off, but then another Tuso joins the fight, as well as a mob of Cnardia.  Once again we are in a battle, and if not for my ASC pike and crossbow, we might have been screwed. At this point, I notice that with the exception of Justine (Mosa) and Ridley (Shark) everyone else is WAAAAY bloody. So I swim them up to the surface, and force feed them all of their inventories. 

I then take Justine and Ridley back down to explore the shipwrecks and gather black pearls.  Things went well, and everyone is getting heavy with black pearls. As I am swimming inside on of the wrecks, I hear battle music, and that is when I see a freaking TRIO of Tusos havemy two dinos under attack. I swim my butt off to the service, and finally locate the rest of the fleet. We then swim down and go to battle. I'm piking away and everyone else is fighting, and all I can see is Ridley get bloodier and bloodier. Just when I expect to see him die, the black ink appears and I'm blinded. When I can see again, two of the Tusos are still in battle with my fleet, but the third is not too far away in some rocks. We finish off the two Tusos (thankfully not real high level) and we go after the last one. 6 dinos against one, and we quickly kill the last Squid.

I do some more black pearl harvesting, but finally, the Mosa, Plesi and Basil are nearly overburdened with loot. So I lead the group towards shore, while I try to figure out what to do.

Well at shore, I realize we are in a swamp area, and I decide that rather than swimming this whole group all the way back to the NE corner marina, I would just bring one of my Weight Wyverns to the water dinos.  But first I need a way to get to my Bug Butte base, to grab one of my Weight Wyverns. So I set out to tame a Ptera, but they are to far away, and the quest to their area would be full of Sarcos, Kapros and Snakes. Not really a fun trek on foot. So I then see a 135 frog coming right at me. I run up the a rock, and start tranqing the frog. However, he quickly runs away. I then notice a few trees not too far off, and so I run as fast as I can and harvest the trees. Then get some rock, and soon I have crafted some stone foundations and walls. I head back to the water near my fleet, and I start looking for frogs again. I notice one not to far away, and I quickly build a small base with one side left open, and a door frame on the other. I kite the frog into the base, and exit thru the door frame. Quickly I run around and place the last two wall panels. But not before the frog (this time a 145) gets in plenty of licks on me. As I start to shoot the frog, and get dizzy and pass out. Unfortunately, I passed out right in the door way, and the frog finishes me off. I respawn on the Plesi platform, and run back onto shore. Grab my stuff, and finish knocking out the frog. I then grab some prime meat in one of the water dinos and tame up the frog. (While waiting for the frog to stand up, I grind out some more walls and ceiling tiles to complete the base, as well as a bed for the base, and some storage cabinets. Thankfully I had a bunch of resources in the water dinos from all the battles, so Chitin, hide and a few other things I was in good supply.

Finally the frog stands up, but I don't have the resources for a saddle yet. So we go off and gather that while fighting off some sarcos and boas. But the frog is still low on HP, so as I let it heal, I continue to build my new outpost at "Cape Black Pearl" After grinding the materials for a forge, pestle and Smithy, I finally have what I need to make this outpost usable. While waiting on the frog to heal I also make a Ptera saddle, add a second floor to the 2x4 base, and wall that in except for a panel hole big enough for the frog and Ptera to jump/fly  thru.

Finally French Kiss the frog and I head off to the mainland area to get a Ptera. The first was a level 15, so we skip that one, but the very next one is a level 135 male. I bola him, and knock him out.  While waiting on him, I am harvesting berries/fiber, when a Ptera lands nearly on my head. I look at it, and it is a 145 female! Are you kidding me, I bola her and knock her out as well. As I fill up the frog with the resources I am harvesting, I also grab some metal from some of the smooth rocks, and finally the two Pteras stand up. With the Pteras on passive follow, The frog and I race back thru the swamp gauntlet to the Pearl Outpost. 

I then remember... oh yeah, I can fast travel! So I drop everything into the storage bins and away I go to the Big Butte Base. I jump on one of the Weight Poison wyverns I have there, and fly over to pick up the resources from the water dinos. It ended up taking three trips, because of all the heavy black pearls, but we did it. As I am flying back to the Outpost, I see a gold ring beacon, and imagine my surprise to be rewarded with a ASC Frog saddle! So I put that on the frog, and put her and the two Ptera away safely inside the base, after making up some food bins, and filling them up. As I was getting ready to leave, I realized that I was missing a water dino, and after some searching ,I see that the Plesi (which was the last one in the follow train order) was stuck on a water cliff and fighting some sharks. We get her back to the shallow cove where the other water dinos are. and I make sure everyone is fed and following the frog, who is in the safety of the enclosed base. This should prevent them from wander off if attacked. It is late, so I call it a night.

Sunday morning, back at the Big Butte base, I decide that the low level egg Poison Weight Wyvern was just not good enough, so I travel over to Wyvern trench base, and grab 3 higher level eggs. 1 Fire, 1 Lightening and 1 Ice egg. Levels 100, 90 and 85 respectively. Along with a ton of expiring milk that I had from killing a couple alpha Wyverns the week before, I head over to Big Butte and decide what the heck, I'm gonna hatch all 3 eggs at once! Well, for the first time ever, the first egg pops and it is Twins! So I have 2 fire wyverns, then Lightening opens, and it is a single, so as I go over to pick up the Ice wyvern egg, it hatches and it is TRIPLETS!! prior to this time I had never had even twin dragons, and now I get twins and triplets at the same time! Well I was prepared for 3 babies, but not 6. Needless to say, I did a ton of running around, but I spent more or less my entire Sunday raise this gaggle of wyverns. Since none of them were really going to be battle Wyverns, I wasn't as concerned about the imprinting, but tried to get them imprinted as best I could. They all ended up around 49-55% imprinted. And a couple of them popped with good weight stats, so I have new mules now, that are WAY better than the Poison one.I also now have 8 Wyverns at this base, to go along with 4 at the Wyvern trench base. Plus I still have like a dozen eggs of level 100 + in my fridges!

Besides raising the wyverns, I did some metal and meat runs, and also gathered a fair amount of oil from my 4 oil pumps.

Soon the eyes grew heavy, and it was sleepy time, in preparation for another week of work.

• Like 1

"Let's Hatch a few drakes" we said. 

Two sets of twins, and a set of triplets, plus three other eggs that only held one each. 

Now I can't come back from a venom run without at least 20 venom. And of course, nameless won't show up nearly as often when I want them around. But shut my light off for two seconds doing anything else down there... 

Also, I've murdered many, many wild bears, looking to force more high level spawns. 

A 110, and a 120, just a little below my threshold, so they died like all the 10's and 20's. Still haven't bred with my new 150 female, been busy on the next paragraph. 

I've got my two-parent anky line about as high as they're going to get without mutation, but have had a shortage of viable females. Hopefully the next batch provides the females we need. 

Very short amount of time tonight, about an hour to 90 minutes max.

Tamed 2 dilos, a lystro and a dodo, and made about 300 narcs to use up some of the spoiled meat from the stock I generated taming Cadbury.

Basically just working on the beginnings of my kibble farm and trying to build up narcs and grind out some more levels at the same time. If I were smarter I would set up compost bins and got fertilizer going since I don't have any beetles yet. I do have tons of thatch courtesy of my stego anyway might as well use that up too.

Getting rather short on storage space but not really willing to build more when I know I'll be building the main base soon enough. It's just that protecting the tames always comes first. I don't worry about too much with Cadbury around but accidents happen.

I've not played ARK for quite some time, none of my tribemembers have, so we've shut down the server for now. Started to feel the urge to play again and started up single player, instead of poking our admin to start up the server (don't feel like playing alone on it anyway). I have downloaded all of my tames into sp, because it feels a bit safer than having them all uploaded. Naturally, I don't use sp-settings, as that would mess things up for me. I decided to try and wrap up my passion project, the ultimate anky, that I've been working on for like two years or something like that. It's about time. xD

So, after spending some time looking for any better stat, I gave up after getting an anky with 49 levels in melee. I just couldn't be bothered to look anymore, since I have such high stats already, it's almost impossible to get any higher for me on my own (no matter how greedy I am). 

I started breeding them and got surprised when one of the babies hatched at level 294 with, what I thought, was only two of the best stats. It turned out that my oxygen boy had somehow managed to sneak in 45 lost levels to go with his 47 in oxygen. I got happy for those lost levels, but at the same time a but bummed as he could've spent those points in oxygen instead...

Since I have mating/maturation turned up a lot, I got all of the good stats on a male and a female reasonably fast and they hatched at a base level of 340. I also managed to get two males and four females with my desired natural colour-combos, which is something I've been working on for quite some time. The good thing about that, is that I could kill off a bunch of useless ankys and make room for the mutated ones. I do have another natural colour combo I'm considering getting; I tamed an anky with a black body, and I like her appearance so much, that I might go and look for other ankys with black colour regions. I'll see if I can be bothered though.

When trying to get my natural colour-combos/stats ankys, I managed to get mutations in every stat, too. I'm now working on getting some more mutations in, focusing on weight and melee first and then we'll see if I can be bothered with any of the other stats. There's a lot of "if I can be bothered" going on, but that's because I'm extremely tired at the moment, so even something as relaxed as breeding ankys (using S+ hitching posts), is a chore. :P

I got some funny/nice colour mutations to go with the stat ones. I'll upload them later if, you guessed it, I can be bothered.

• Like 1

PS4 - Single Player - Ragnarok map

Last night I spent some time leveling up all the new Wyverns that I hatched over the weekend. When I got back, I put Nurse Ham, Dr. Porkenstein and Dirk Piggler near the Wyverns to help them regain HP faster. As this was happening, I went out on a metal run with one of the Q's and Ankys. When I got back, I noticed that all the meat bins were empty in the area of the Wyverns. Apparently the Daedons were REALLY hungry, as they ate thru 6 full bins. So off I went on meat runs to refill the bins. Since I was at the Big Butte Base, it was a quick trip over to the Murder snow, and I harvested a dozen rhinos and another 12 or so Mammoths. I had been growing this herd for a while, by killing any predators in the area, and then moving the Mammoths and Rhinos close to each other for protection. So I did feel a little bad about the genocide.

Returned to fill up some of the bins and set off towards the swamp on the west coast to gather meat. While I was doing this, I noticed a Diplocaucus, Diplodocus, Diploduckass, .... the swimming Air dino! I had never tamed one. So I made a mental note, and continued on the meat gathering. I returned to base and found the meat bins already empty! arrggh, so off I went on two more runs, until finally the Daedons stopped pigging out. (see what I did there?)

(During the meat runs, I also grabbed a few beacons, and was frustrated to discover that 2 of the Red beacons and one Yellow/w ring beacon all landed and were un-accessable! ):Jerbmad:

Finally made my way back to the West coast swamp, and searched for and found a AquaLung dino. It was a level 95, and I got it tamed up. (I picked it up with the Wyvern, and dropped it in the empty plains to tame it.) Once back at the Outpost base, I decided to take it for a spin. Well we searched and searched for Trilobytes, since I heard these things were good at killing them and gathering resources. Further and further we ventured, with no Trilobytes in sight. Then suddenly I was Baryonyx stunned and before I can even react, there are 2 Barys, a sarco and a Karpro all attacking us. Being such a fresh tame, the AquaLung was not ready for such an attack, and he soon died, I was barely, and I mean BARELY saved because I had my ASC pike, and managed to get most of my hits in while they were focused on my dino instead of me. I swam to shore as fast as I could, as I could see piranha closing in. Then began the cat-n-mouse game of me sneaking back to the outpost, while trying to heal before getting attacked again. I ate all the food in my inventory,  and eventually the loud pounding and red screen of near death went away. A few minutes later, I was just feet from my outpost front door, when WHAM, I was kapro'd and with my last breathe, I piked him to death. Somehow I survived!

But then a stupid boa killed me from behind, as I was trying to get into the base. So I spawned back on the Plesi platform, grabbed my Baryonx (oh yeah, I forgot to tell you I had tamed a level 90 Bary while doing the meat runs and taming the Aqualung. Of course that took forever, because I Noobed out, and filled him with prime meat, and not FISH. (smh)

So "Green Bary" and I head over and kill the boa with extreme prejudice. I grab my stuff, and then I go back out on the Wyvern to find another AquaLung.  I find and tamed a level 20, level 45 and another level 20 all concurrently in the safety of the plains. But I really wanted a high level, and then I spotted the level 130. So grabbed it with the Wyvern and dropped it in the plains near the others. It was getting dark, but this AquaLung was a cool red color, compared to the green of the previous ones. I took out my crossbow, and shot it with a tranq.

"You killed a Level 130..."   :Jerbcry:  I had not noticed that it apparently was very bloody from fighting with something prior to me picking it up. Needless to say, this really put a damper on my mood.

I flew the three tamed low level dipsh*ts over to the Pearl Outpost base, and realized that I needed some better protection for them. So the wyvern and I gathered up enough resources to build a 3x4 addition to the outpost and added a dino gate on one side. I loaded the three Dips and the Bary, plus the frog from the weekend into this pen. Leaving the 2 Pteras in their enclosure above the base.

Then I realized that I had lost my level 150 tamed Dimo. I am pretty sure it was on my shoulder the whole time I was in the water testing out the now deceased AquaLung. I flew over the area of that fatal attack, and did not see it. But no deaths in the tribe log, so not sure what happened to "BatGirl"?  As I was landing back at base, an all black level 100 Dimo landed feet in front of me, just offering itself. so... bola'd, tranq'd. tamed. Hello "Murder Crow".

Cooked up some meat, chowed down, and went to bed. (in the game and IRL)

Edited by Aushegun
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Note: im on a xbox nitrado server

Someone hit my base yesterday, took loot but left dinos, had a crapton of loot on dinos, so ended up marching to each one of their bases with a quetz and a tek tape and destroyed them, and got the loot back

Was it kinda mean? Yes, but they hit my tribe (alphas) by bluetagging so we marched rock golems to their heavy turret base and a war quetz to their other bases and had a buddy on a tek tapejara to get rid of their tek bubble/generators

Edited by Gdude45678

Good if not kind of boring days this weekend in Ark though I did get a lot accomplished.

Boss Fight:

We ran and completed the Alpha Ragnarok fight this weekend. No losses. Big success. We had tested the fight strategy on beta, not sure if i covered that, and felt good enough to try it for real. 

Strategy: We split dino's between 3 tribes. I supply 7 including the Yuty normally. I supplied 7 but unclaimed two to each tribe to control. My tribe mate runs the Yuty and is a master at it. Also found that a higher food stat is good for a Yuty. It drains a lot when using it's roar.

So I ran two mate boosted tank Rex's. 40k hp, 116 armor saddles. 

Initial salvo/Dragon fight. I stayed on the edge of arena and peppered the Dragon with an assault rifle. It made a big difference as you could see the hp just melt off its bar. With DOT damage it makes sense to keep the higher hp Rex's out of his fire. Then I turned my attention to the Manticore. staying on the edge i wasn't harassed by Dimoprh's, Ptera's or Griffins. 

Once the Golem's spawned in I went to work. I drug the tank Rex's around the arena eating rare flowers to bring the Golem's with me. I pulled all 6 of them over the hill into the River and just occupied them while my allies/tribe mate focused on the Manticore. Worked like a charm. Biggest thing was the infrequency of the Manticore's landing (perhaps a code that reduces potential times it will land is what makes it Alpha) but we still finished with about 14 minutes in the arena time. 

I now have all normal Ark tekgrams unlocked. Now I should stop hoarding that element and use some of it. lol. 

Rex program:

With the completion of the Alpha fight and knowing the Rex's I have was plenty I shut down the Rex program. I killed off 16 breeders/mutation Rex's. I still have 19 fighters on rag, 15 fighters on the island, the main male breeder, the clean male breeder, and two clean female breeders as well as 3 bodyguard Rex's, and a fridge full of clean/potential top stat Rex eggs. I will be turning my attention to finishing up the Theri army and beginning the Megatherium project.

Tames: Just a few things but nothing of signifigance.

I ran around looking hard for Megatheriums for 2 days now. I've knocked out several but haven't found one to tame yet. I have found a new love for giant bear traps as taming tools though. Surprisingly all the sloth areas have space enough (lack of pillars) to lay down a few. I usually stack 6 or 7 in an area, dart the sloth (or bear or Yuty) into coming at me and getting constantly stuck and dart them enough that they turn and high tail it before they even get to me initially. i need to figure out something for the chase as i did lose a 145 bear in redwood (i found him 6 hours later and finished knocking him out. garbage) and a 130 sloth (I was desperate for a decent level after 2 hours of killing 85's and lowers) over by the beaver dams between viking bay and the canyon. That 130 was irksome because I had led it into a full enclosed trap by a small outpost i have there so i am not sure how it got out. i redesigned the trap afterwards so hopefully it works right next time. 

I did tame two 140 frogs, male and female. Nothing too great but I wanted another method to get CP. Frogs are fun. in a moment of leisure last night i hopped around with one that had 315 melee (at the time) and knocked out 3 Scorpions and a Raptor as well as had a Megalodon on the run until I killed it. Frog does too much damage to knock out a Saber though. I don't see me using it as a normal taming mount but it's just fun to hop around sometimes. I won't be using it like that once the raptor TLC hits though. 

I also knocked out a 150 Baryonyx. I didn't tame it as it didn't have good stats but they are still on the list of dino's to tame and I considered taming it just for that reason. in the end lack of the proper kibble kept me from doing it which is fine as it I had already deviated with the frogs. 

I need to bring back up my list of dino's yet to tame but it has to be around 30 left at this point.

Raising:

It was hatch day!

5abcc8f5542f2_hatchday.thumb.jpg.f2f2a4677bd8704b069399dc36b19262.jpg

That's a bit sloppy looking but I think the gist is gotten. i hatched a ton of Quetzal, Yuty, Argy, and a few Theri eggs. 

No Quetzal's or Argy's got what I was looking for (Argy parameters are a male with the 1300 stamina and 768 weight or a weight mutation, Quetzal is a stamina or weight mutation) and most of the Yuty's followed suit as well. I only hatched Theri eggs from the top male and the 1710 stamina female (wild tame) I acquired in a trade. 

I kept a Theri that got the 1710 stamina, it missed on the hp but it got a melee mutation. I now have 408 melee to breed into the line (I made a deal to acquire some 408 eggs as well. i'll hatch those tomorrow morning). Theri was at 75% when I came into work this morning. 

Yuty wise, I finally got the color combo with the stats I was looking for. 

5abcc8f0df597_BigBird.thumb.jpg.2791e2745189d737f6778af2bcfa90ea.jpg

This is an interesting story as well. So the Yuty with the white stripe/crest was from the Yellow Yuty I traded for a bit ago. It's essentially no longer my line. Bittersweet but i really wanted the colors on this one. The Yuty with the reddish brown stripe/crest is fro m my own line and it's own natural yellow mutation. It got a food mutation. This means I have the colors I seek and my own line still viable. That is great. Both are females so now I need to breed for a male. Yuty's currently stand at 10.3k hp, 2184 stamina, 331 melee and were at 49% when I came to work. 

Trades:

I finally found someone with a pink stripe for the Yuty's. I traded a blue egg I received in a different trade. I'll reach out to her to make sure it hatches as promise and will give her my current full grown blue male if it is not. I have several eggs from him as it stands and while it looks nice I'm not overly concerned with having a blue line (lot of blue lines on the market). 

That is mostly it. I am set up to replace the eggs from the stamina Theri trade last week. She hatched them and for some reason they starved. She's going to give me a very nice white/gray combo egg as well as a cyan feather egg (region 0). 

I did some small on server trades in the form of BP's. I need to put those on the market here. 

I am also going to look for a few other stripe and face colors for the Yuty line. I want to try a few out though I think the pink will be killer. 

On the Docket;

One day of work this week. Tomorrow morning I will hatch some more Quetz, Yuty, and Argy eggs as well as the 408 melee Theri eggs. I'll continue my Megatherium hunt. I will introduce my tribe mate to the island and the Megapithecus fight, some more Rag fights, and maybe start talking to my allies about an Ascension run. 

See ya next week. 

• Like 4

PS4 - Single Player - Ragnarok

Didn't play very long last night, but I did take out Justine my Mosa and Big Plesi out for a little swim.  We managed to kill a bunch of lobsters and were able to survive an attack by eels, Cnardia and we even tussled twice with Tusos.

Arrived back at the Black Pearl Bay Outpost with over 100 Black Pearl (now have over 1200) and a couple hundred Bio Toxin. Used the Oil we collected to make some gas as well.

I then took FireTruck my red Weight Fire Wyvern out for a stroll and we came upon a level 130 Wookie. I don't see them as often on Rag, and this was the first one I remember being this high level. So I tried taming it out in the field, but it kept aggroing, because of all the other dinos in the area. So I finally picked it up and dropped it in one of my empty enclosures at teh Big Butte Base. Finally got that tamed (Mejos, since no boa kibble). I then spent a little time leveling "Hairetta" up. Had a few chuckles having her throw me around the base. I need to remember to craft her a good helmet.

I also tamed up a Anky for the Pearl Bay Outpost. I saw one not far into the plains and it was a leve l95. Not great, but good enough for gathering metal and flint for the Outpost. 

This weekend I have a list of things I would like to get done if I have time to play. (Easter Holiday, so will be with family)

Tame a 140+ Female Doed. I have two 150 males, already.

Tame a 130 plus Male Wookie. (Hairetta needs a mate)

Tame and Angler

Tame a Male Mosa

Tame a Female Plesi

Tame Giga     (2 nights ago, I was flying thru the Desert Biome, and as I was engaged with a Deathworm, a 140 level Giga appeared! I managed to kill the death worm and escape just in time. But I absolutely have to go back and tame that Giga. I already have the metal gates built, and large bear traps. I just need to craft a ton of darts and narcotics. Though I suppose I could use the BioToxin once it is knocked out.)

• Like 2

I contimplated the fact that ark made a 100 turret limit then didn't fix lag at all. Pink was so high on our rag server that I was flying around the map without bases loading in then It loaded me back to where I was and flew me into a base and froze my game where my valentines griffin got shredded by 100's of tek and heavy turrets. If you didn't get the memo fix your game before you make tlc's. Undermapping,  dossing, and extreme lag. I tested it with raising dinos, Our server loses an hours time everyday do to lag. Besides that Ive been breeding up tons of 8k hp stegos and boss rexes/ yutys for raiding. 

Edited by iDankEngine

Hello,

Made seven Argents with good weight stats so now it is leveling that counts (weight stat only), waiting for the TLC2 pass on XBOX, thinking that I can finally craft those Giga saddles ASCENDANT. YES.

I had the greatest idea to level one of the misfits to Melee and Health taking the Argent to the Island map and Carno Island. However for some reason two (2) alpha T-Rex spawned and my Argent was at 650 Melee and 4500 Health ish cuz I lost it , shredded  by the two T-Rexes. So I am not to fold so I went back with a boss Rex ASCENDANT saddle and all. Thought that I could go for a low level rex on the way to the two Alpha T-Rexes. BOOM they (Alpha T-Rex) moved in immediately. I found myself on low ground and the Alpha - T REXes on high ground. Tried my best to move around and back up to high ground however I could only see my Rex health go down. So I decided to jump off, killed immediately. Now no Rex death message was shown so my Rex was alive and in ARK stasis. I should have waited keeping it cool but I could not I had to get my saddle and on the way (approach) my Rex died. I feel so bad and stupid. Its HIGH ground that counts and one Alpha T-Rex at the time! So now the Easter update hit and I wait for the good fight to continue. Now with a new Argent and 2times XP.

I think I might lose more in the upcoming fights but I am not to give up, ever. They are going down!

Regards,

Ariana

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Continued with project anky and I'm now up to five melee mutations and four weight. I've also got a bunch more colour mutations, some I save in case I can make some funky colour combos (I promised (or threatened) my tribemate I would give her a rainbow coloured super-anky, and she'll get one). I have so many more than what I've taken screenshots of, like three different versions of purple, pink, white, green etc., but I thought it could be more fun showing them off when I have a complete set on one anky.

This was a double mutation I got (in the wrong stats, naturally), so I didn't keep it but it looked funky:
1fUyHK6.jpg

These two I kept for possible use in the rainbow anky (more blue than purple I think, it's a bit difficult to tell at times, because of the surrounding colours):
WcL9VVZ.jpg

Other than that, I got rid of a bunch of rexes, due to the updated model changing the colours on them. It felt a bit sad getting rid of colour combos I've had for one-two years, but if I think they look like garbage, then there's absolutely no reason to keep them.

Also, I spawned in a tamed creature for the first time. I felt I wanted a flyer smaller than my wyvern and I wanted to check out the new argent model, so I spawned one in. I must say, I LOVE the new argents, they look so majestic compared to before (only thing bothering me are the tail coverts - it feels like they're end too soon making the tail look very long). I thought he needed a fitting name to go with his impressive statue, so I named him Squak:
N8GKJdl.jpg

The last two days, I haven't played much ARK per se, but I've played a lot of PixARK single player. As someone who loves ARK to bits despite all its flaws and who loved Minecraft back in the day, I was very interested when this game was announced. After watching some streams and youtube videos, my decision to hold off on buying it due to not trusting Snail Games that much (especially with how they're handling Dark and Light), crumbled. I really love it so far; it's like a mix of ARK, DnL and MC and the good bits at that. There are some issues, as expected this early in...erm...early access.., and we'll see how Snail handles the development, if they pull through on this one or not. I honestly believe the game has a lot of potential and hopefully, it'll be easier to handle for the devs as it's less complex than ARK I imagine.

I'll just sneak some PixARK screenshots in here, nobody will notice. xD

Me having tamed the two most essential creatures in PixARK; a firefly and a bunny:
DszhJwn.jpg

Here I am escorting my dodo home on my trusty steed (the "claptrap" in the background is a quest mailbox-thingy):
5omY7hv.jpg

Me, my ptera and my trusty head-warmer are out harvesting clay-cubes for my base when the sun rises (I'm trying to decide what I want to go with the stone I use, clay walls or sandstone walls):
MMNbL6W.jpg

Plan for the holidays, is to alter between Aberration and PixARK (yep, all four of us who are still actively playing ARK got PixARK as well, we're such suckers all of us! xD) and I can't wait to play this together with the others! Oh and we're definitely going to get some rock drake eggs when we're on Aberration. I've decided this, just now in fact, and the others will just have to accept it.

Btw, please keep writing about your adventures in ARK. Even when I'm not playing myself, I always read about what you guys have been up to. :)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, TotallyUncool said:

DszhJwn.jpg

Here I am escorting my dodo home on my trusty steed (the "claptrap" in the background is a quest mailbox-thingy):
5omY7hv.jpg

Me, my ptera and my trusty head-warmer are out harvesting clay-cubes for my base when the sun rises (I'm trying to decide what I want to go with the stone I use, clay walls or sandstone walls):
MMNbL6W.jpg

Looks like you need a new graphics card, or change your settings, as your ARK looks way different! :P