So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

PS4 - Unofficial Cluster

You may remember my post a couple weeks back about a guy who was stealing eggs while I was breeding up dinos. The guy would swoop in and take them while I was standing there, and since it is PvE, not really much I can do.

So on Saturday I was on Valguero, when this guy joins the map.  So in chat, I call out to him, that I'm not breeding anything on this map, so no eggs to steal today.

He then posts a couple of things mocking me, and so I say "whatever thief", and I planned on dropping the subject.  But then this guy says in chat, "Dude, don't breed your dinos out in the open if you don't want your eggs stolen. I do this to everyone"

Well there were 3 Admins on the map playing at the time. without me saying a word more, I see the following

Admin " hey (thief) what eggs are you taking?"

Thief " any egg I can find, if they are out on the open I grab them"

Admin " Dude, this is a PvE server, stealing eggs from people while they are breeding is against the rules" "You're banned"

... and poof bye goes the D-Bag thief!    Too funny that the idiot got himself banned by talking in public chat about how big of a d-bag he is.

The rest of my time, I spent mostly on VAL & Rag, as the cluster had color events going on those two maps.  I tamed up about 10 colored high level Yutys, and a few Thylas and Rexs.

I got a super high level Tek Rex egg, and it hatches as a male, which is great, because I had 2 max level females, but only low level males.  I will now work on breeding up a Boss army.

I continued to work on my Owl breeding, and managed to get my all Light Blue owl line to finally finish. I got a purple wing mutation along the way, and already had a purple stripe and purple back mutations from earlier, so I will try to get a an all Purple owl as well.

I gave away a all Pink owl to one of the admins, and an all Blue to another admin.  I neutured them first, and the admins were fine with that. They just liked the owls.

On Sunday evening I was back on Extinction, as that is my main breeding barn/base, and I have been breeding up a Deiny army to help me with element veins. I have been giving eggs from my pair of Admin spawned higher than server setting level Deinys ( I won in a contest on the server the week before)  I have been giving eggs to my two friends on the cluster.

Well on Sunday one of them hatched a Magenta color mutation from one of the those eggs, and it was  a male. So he transferred over to extinction and let me breed that male to my 6 breeding females.  I got 5 Magenta babies, including a nice mix of the Magenta and the purple from the mom.

Then before logging off, I decided to fly around Extinction to see if the scumbag thief had a base on the map, since that was the map he kept stealing eggs from me on.

I covered pretty much all of the city, and the desert, as I was heading to the underground forest, I noticed something out in the wastelands.  it was the remants of a base. but everything was decayed, except for the 2 vaults, a Tek Replicator, chem bench and indy forge.   they were all "Demolish Allowed"  so I went ahead and did so.  I managed to get nearly 500 element from one vault and a ton of Tek gear. in the other vault was a TON of rockets used by the MEK.  Which I just happened to win a level 630 MEK in this week's admin held contest. So very cool!

At this point I was so weighed down, that my Owl could barely fly, so we flew back to base, and I called it a night.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, SnowboundGem said:

Trying to play ark sat resulted in countless deaths due to lack of concentration.

I drowned twice not paying attention to oxygen. I fell to my death off my argy mid flight due to sausage fingers I caught the Y button. Plus so many more that are just stupid. 

Yesterday was ark free. I visited my brother in Garstang and rotavated half his garden while him and my hubby followed behind packing down soil putting down sand and laying paving for a patio.

I cut down a small tree, replaced 4 fence panels and moved half his plants into new planters. All of this and entertaining a 6 year old girl who never stops talking. ?. Kudos to all parents out there who can manage this without going a little insane.

Patio down and as they were laying the last flag it started raining followed closely by thunder and lightening. Time to drive home.

Got home sunburnt and covered in grass, mud and eyes streaming due to hayfever. Took antihystamines, cleaned up got changed.

Logged into ark. Trecked out for a thyla hunt. Couldn't find one so decided to go into redwoods on back of my allo pack for meat run. Killed everything to encourage new spawns. Except not much seems to be respawning. Trecked home no thyla.

Still in ark, just felt the need to clarify, I  got home built a barn made a load of stuff ready for later this evening.  Died again. I accidentally ate poly trying to drop it I pressed the wrong trigger button. ?

Wonder what tonight will bring.

We had similar days in real life.

My Sunday, I got up early and drove up north to my land. Last week my brother-n-law and I had mowed and weed sprayed some sections of land.  So Sunday I went back and overseeded most of it, as it is supposed to rain today.  Hopefully it grows well, as the few deer we have left (the timberwolves are killing them almost daily) really need the food source. As we are big woods country and the local farmers were  mostly unable to get crops in this spring due to flooding.

By the time I returned home, I was covered in dust/dirt/bug spray/seeds. Which complimented my sunburned fore arms, neck and face.

My eyes were bright red from allergies,  and I looked totally baked.  Took my second shower of the day (how did I get seeds there?) and relaxed on  the couch with ARK the rest of the afternoon/evening.

Edited by Aushegun
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Aushegun said:

We had similar days in real life.

My Sunday, I got up early and drove up north to my land. Last week my brother-n-law and I had mowed and weed sprayed some sections of land.  So Sunday I went back and overseeded most of it, as it is supposed to rain today.  Hopefully it grows well, as the few deer we have left (the timberwolves are killing them almost daily) really need the food source. As we are big woods country and the local farmers were  mostly unable to get crops in this spring due to flooding.

By the time I returned home, I was covered in dust/dirt/bug spray/seeds. Which complimented my sunburned fore arms, neck and face.

My eyes were bright red from allergies,  and I looked totally baked.  Took my second shower of the day (how did I get seeds there?) and relaxed on  the couch with ARK the rest of the afternoon/evening.

Personally I live in a city so don't have massive open space but it's big enough for us and small wildlife.

When I do get time over the next few years our garden will be planted to be very wildlife friendly.

Our garden can't be touched at the moment as we have a nesting family of hedgehogs mother and 4 young hoglets they in the way of clearing it out. So we don't want to disturb them. Had to rescue a baby hedgehog from pond 2 doors away a few weeks back. 

6 populated bees nests. So garden is a hazard to our 3 nosy cats. Yes each one of them has experienced a bee incident in the last 5 years.

I'm spending time helping brother with his in return he will help us out with ours when it's time and the family of hedgehogs has moved on. 

But having read your post I think what you are doing for the deer is great. 

It's awful being in the sun all day and even with sunscreen I still manage to burn. I don't know about you. But the allergies ruin the day for me.

1 hour ago, SnowboundGem said:

Personally I live in a city so don't have massive open space but it's big enough for us and small wildlife.

When I do get time over the next few years our garden will be planted to be very wildlife friendly.

Our garden can't be touched at the moment as we have a nesting family of hedgehogs mother and 4 young hoglets they in the way of clearing it out. So we don't want to disturb them. Had to rescue a baby hedgehog from pond 2 doors away a few weeks back. 

6 populated bees nests. So garden is a hazard to our 3 nosy cats. Yes each one of them has experienced a bee incident in the last 5 years.

I'm spending time helping brother with his in return he will help us out with ours when it's time and the family of hedgehogs has moved on. 

But having read your post I think what you are doing for the deer is great. 

It's awful being in the sun all day and even with sunscreen I still manage to burn. I don't know about you. But the allergies ruin the day for me.

Thanks, but don't get me wrong, I love seeing the deer on my property, but I also love venison.  So in order for me to enjoy both, I need to help when I can to make the local herd healthy and sustainable.

Sadly the timberwolves overpopulated, are doing MASSIVE damage in my state, and has greatly reduced the deer (and pet dog) population.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Aushegun said:

Thanks, but don't get me wrong, I love seeing the deer on my property, but I also love venison.  So in order for me to enjoy both, I need to help when I can to make the local herd healthy and sustainable.

Sadly the timberwolves overpopulated, are doing MASSIVE damage in my state, and has greatly reduced the deer (and pet dog) population.

Could always send us over here some of those wolves. Deer population over here could do with a good cull.

18 minutes ago, Aushegun said:

I understand it's hard to find a balance naturally so you are helping them. 

1 hour ago, AngrySaltire said:

Could always send us over here some of those wolves. Deer population over here could do with a good cull.

We had the same thinking only 15 years ago. Some of the highest deer numbers in the state  for decades.  But in the last 5-7 years, the deer are vanishing, and the wolves are killing everything they can.

Slynn (SP) Grind City (Extinction)

I set up my initial base by a lone City Terminal located on a platform with pillars supporting a metallic roof. After testing, I found I could place foundations on the roof, so I decided my permanent base would be constructed up there out of metal and S+ Glass. The initial plan was to get the outline of a foundation completed. By that time, I had built up a couple thousand ingots and had a little under two thousand paste. I manufactured the metal foundations, and Mortley (Snow Owl) helped me ferry them up there until the metal ran out. After that, I brought Anka out of storage and went on a metal run around base. I soon realized that my single S+ forge was bottlenecking ingot production and crafted two AA: Mini Forges, which would eventually be joined by two others.

Since I’m not aware of anything like an insect cave to get bunches of chitin from on Extinction, I also decided that I was going to need snails for paste. I placed four large crop plots on the roof of my base, erected some pillars, and installed some S+ glass ceilings. Afterward, I ran some pipes to the nearby stream, and Picasso would be proud of how they turned out. Next thing would be tracking down the two dung beetles that I’d seen wandering around the area. While I was getting them, a level 145 tapejara landed nearby, so I got her as an impulse tame. The two beetles eventually joined my dodos inside, and things were getting kind of cramped to say the least. That led me to expanding my current base to include a pen for dodos and other small dinos on wander. Once that was done, I enjoyed being able to get to all my storage and crafting stations without tripping over things.

I planted the veggies once there was enough fertilizer to start, and then turned my attention toward tree sap. I watched a video that stated the best bet was to tame a gacha that was able to produce it. I looked through my small stable of gachas and none of them had that option. So Mortley horked up a bunch of pellets and off we went to the Ab zone. I tamed two gachas without issue then ran out of pellets while taming a high level one, so I called it a day, and we headed back to base. Talk about lucky, one of the gachas is able to produce oil, which I needed, and the other is able to produce sap. So I put them to work, one after another, as they’re both males. I also noticed the raw metal in the forges was getting low, so I flew around on Mortley and mined some more.

After that, it was time. Time to tame a Queen bee. For some reason, I really dislike doing this, and I’m not sure why. Anyway, seeing as I didn’t own any ghillie armor, or bug spray, or ammo to break the hive, I went on a crafting spree. Afterward, Mortley and I manage to find a hive that is relatively high up in the city with no dinos around. Score! I set up a firing position far enough away so I won’t attract bees, spray myself with bug repellant like I’m going out on the town, and start firing. The hive eventually disintegrates, and I see the queen. She’s about twenty feet up the side of a structure. I grapple to the side of the building and raise myself up. When she’s near, I see the tame message briefly, but then it goes away while I’m spamming the “E” button. I try for a few seconds as bees start piling on me despite my armor and bug repellant, but it’s just not working. Releasing the grapple, I drop and take the fall damage then make a break for it. I slaughter the rest of the bees over by Mortley, and I’m at one-quarter health. So yeah, that could have gone better.  I eat the rest of my food, but that doesn’t heal me up much. So at this point, I’m thinking about heading back to base and healing up when Mortley smacks me in the head with one wingtip.

“Dude! What was that for?”

Mortley puffs out the ice-blue feathers on his chest, points to me with one wingtip, points toward the queen with the other, and screeches loudly.

Hmm, I’m pretty sure I just got punked by a snow owl. Reluctantly, I take out my spyglass and look over the queen bee again. After a bit, I notice a small ledge that if I were standing on it would put her just above head height. Plus, the ledge is about fifty feet long, so I could get up on it undetected. “What the heck,” I decide.

Mortley gives me a hoot of approval as I plod off, focused on the queen. Half a minute later, I grapple and start rising. When I disconnect, I find myself balanced on a ledge that is a few inches wider than my foot. “Here goes nothing,” I whisper, and then proceed along the ledge as quickly as I can without falling off. I get to the queen, and just as the surrounding bees go on alert, I manage to feed her a rare flower, taming her. I grab her and then in my enthusiasm manage to fall off the ledge. Luckily my crossbow is still out, so I’m able to grapple to the wall instead of slamming into the ground again. After that, it’s back to base. I pull up a foundation, place the beehive, and then put the foundation back. After which, I throw some rare flowers in there, and we’re making honey! Very . . . very . . . slowly.

The rest of the evening, I kept the forges full of metal and made more foundations as I could. I managed to not only complete the outline of the new base like I had wanted, but I also managed to fill it in as well. After that, I had enough honey to make three cakes and tamed my first snail. Gumo is now wandering around that pen with the oviraptor, dung beetles, and stationary dodos.

Edited by Chudz66
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Chudz66 said:

Slynn (SP) Grind City (Extinction)

Since I’m not aware of anything like an insect cave to get bunches of chitin from on Extinction, I also decided that I was going to need snails for paste.

The south side of the Sanctuary City as it turns into the wastelands, has a ton of scorpions and spiders. I take a Thyla or Megatherium with a couple raptor body guards, and farm up Chitin quite quickly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

PS4 - Unofficial Cluster

I worked from home yesterday, so I was able to play over my lunch break, and then again right after 5pm, as I didn't have to worry about my normal 71 mile commute.

So with the extra time, I really got a lot done yesterday.

My primary base is on Ragnarok,  along the Beaver streams south of the Green OB. When I first joined the  cluster this area was pretty well populated with bases.  But over the last 2+ months, some of those bases have been removed due to decay/inactivity.

So I recently I decided to move just bit down the way, as there is a larger section available now. My old base and the beginnings of my new base are just on the edge of rendering from each other, so not far to move, but still it has been time consuming and boring.  I've moved all of the big dinos (rexs, Tek rexs, giga, wyverns, Velanosaurs, Thylas) and cryopoded a lot of the others. I've got my owls, ptera and Tapejaras parked on the roof.  But I feel like now I should build a large barn next to the base to hold the medium sized dinos, and to double as a breeding area.  I'm torn. part of me wants to build it, but I don't want to add to lag, by making a big building. So for now, I'm just lining up the dinos inside a large dino leash surrounded by plant x turrets.

Eventually I got bored, and needing a break, I went off in search of some more event colored thylas in the stone desert area.  After killing and clearing out all of the thyla spawns, I finally got a few event color spawns, but they were all either copies of what I already had, or as is the case of the beautiful neon yellow thyla, engaged in battle when they rendered, and before I could even get set up, they were killed by their enemies.

I then decided to fly over to my buddies base along the east side of the desert, south of the Red OB.

He has been going crazy with his Deiny breeding, and has 5-6 color mutations already, plus the magenta one from the eggs I gave him. But he was offline (both of my two best "friends" on this cluster are in time zones 2 hours behind me, so we don't overlap much, unless I stay up late.) So I took off to do a fly around the map, as I really have been spending a lot of time on Extinction at my owl breeding base, or on my new Valguerro base.

I noticed a few big bases are gone, including two guys who did a ton of breeding and selling on the cluster. Too bad, as they had some good dino lines.

As I enter the redwoods not far from the Red OB, I notice a Quetz flying nearby. It is a 406 level (max level for normal dinos is 420 on this cluster) so this is a high level, and a male.  I already have a high level female, and a low level colored male, but this male will be a better mating partner I'm sure. So after a few attempts to dino gate it, as it flew low across the ground, I am attacked and unseated from my owl by a thyla. After fighting it off, and re-grouping, I find the Quetz "flying" in place in a waterfall. I quickly dino gate it, and then fearing it may drown when KO's I craft up some stone foundations, and layer the area below him with them. Then I tame his up, and the foundations worked perfectly!

I cryo the Quetz, and start to fly off again on my owl, when I noticed flashing blue out of the corner of my eye. I turn and look, a TEK QUETZ!  (I love TEK dinos, and prefer them over their normal counter parts) I check and it is a level 470! Which I believe is the highest or very close to the highest for Tek dinos on this cluster.

and so begins my 1 hour saga in my quest to tame the Tek quetz.

- more thyla attacks

- terror birds attacks

- wayward wyvern attack

- pissed off megatherium attack

- dismounting from owl midflight and falling to death (I had accidently transferred my element to his inventory earlier, and my tek suit ran out)

nearly an hour later, hope seems to be lost, as the Quetz has vanished, when I lost sight of it during one of my mishaps. As I begin flying back to my base, I see a neon green horse just begging to be tamed (my buddy loves neon green dinos) so I tame the horse, but not before it nearly runs me into a pack of allos. One of those allos is a event colored masterpiece of cyan, pink and bright green. so I eventually tame it too.

With all the new dinos cryopoded, the owl and I are flying home, when there it is! The Tek Quetz. And it is flying low across the water. I wait until it gets on land, and I try to dino gate it, but it just walks up and over them!?

However he soon duplicates the error the regular quetz made earlier, and amazingly, flies right into a waterfall, and hovers there. this time I dino gate him in and once again place foundations underneath him to prevent drowning.  A few close calls waiting for it to tame up, as a carno and wolve came flying down from above, but thankfully agro'd on me, and I managed to perfect tame!

Finally back at the new base, I added the new guys to the group, and then logged off for the night. 

• Like 5

Worked on my ice themed map mechanics yesterday. Finally figured how to make jerboas respond to upcoming weather events!!!!

Here is my final list of said weather events. They might look like nothing, but keep in mind they'll be applied to a ice themed map, already stupid cold.
- Blizzard : Essentially the same as the same as SE Sandstorms, but with white heavy fog, heavy snow and and beautiful effect on your insulation values.
- SuperCold : The opposite of SE SuperHeat. 15 degrees drop during the event.
- Frostbite : Opposite of the HeatStroke, triggered when cold or freezing. Reduces weight capacity, run speed and melee damage.
- Snow => Replacing the regular rain event.

Cheers.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Darkholis said:

Worked on my ice themed map mechanics yesterday. Finally figured how to make jerboas respond to upcoming weather events!!!!

Here is my final list of said weather events. They might look like nothing, but keep in mind they'll be applied to a ice themed map, already stupid cold.
- Blizzard : Essentially the same as the same as SE Sandstorms, but with white heavy fog, heavy snow and and beautiful effect on your insulation values.
- SuperCold : The opposite of SE SuperHeat. 15 degrees drop during the event.
- Frostbite : Opposite of the HeatStroke, triggered when cold or freezing. Reduces weight capacity, run speed and melee damage.
- Snow => Replacing the regular rain event.

Cheers.

More fog!! Nooo xD

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Spent a bit of time on Valguero the last couple of days. Raised up myself a couple of procoptodons for use as weight roos. Took one out for a spin to do a small metal run. Went across to our old base where there is some metal nodes and harvestsd them up. I moved towards one of lakes to look for more nodes and lept into it for fun. Instantly regretted it as I spotted the baryoynx that I landed next to, I didnt know they spawned there. It instantly dismounted me. I managed to get myself and the roo back to shore inbetween stuns before it killed me. Respawned, grabbed an allo and rushed to save the roo. Made it back in time and saved it and got the metal back to base.

Started my contribution to the base expansion. We have the basics, but I started work on the stables. I went with my standard barn design but I made an adjustment and made the barn taller than normal to allow larger dinos into it. I had hoped to start work on our blueprint library but I ran out of time tonight.

• Like 5

Forgot to record Sunday's Story! Reaper day!

Started off around base sorting stuff for reapers when I thought... why spend time killing them?! Made up a Tek gen / Tek turrets and went down to look for a spot.to put them. I have a spot I like, not too far but right beside a Plant Z. Set up the mini turret tower and tested it. Works great! I can sit there tanking the reaper in the plant z, healing AND providing extra charged light. Wonderful!

Went back to get the crew. Saltire, Fudge and I went down on our drakes (original plan was spinos) worked great! I happened to put my tower right in the middle of 3 spawns..great! We spent a LONG time killing reapers.. over 4 hours. We had a system down, Saltire and I would go seperate paths and would bring areaper back every 15 seconds.. do the math! Roughly 1 reaper every 30 seconds..for 4 hours! Needless to say our drakes leveled like crazy. 

I set the turrets to only target 120 or lower so we could easily grab a hlvl if it showed up. About an hour in we had a 125.. killed it and decided for a higher level. Over 3 hours of killing later we find a 130.. eff it! Take it back and get us all.preggo

• Like 4

ok so my friend has returned and he has decided to make his server private now, after an incident i dont wanna get into, so he has destroyed all bases who's tribe was no longer on, the space is 20 for what we call of little gamers club. anyway he added a second val map but as a pvp map, so i decided to get on their first, the rules are u can tribe but only maximum of 3, so i am goin alone for now as i dont want to have to share my resources and lvling with other (allows me to progress faster). i spawn on the beaches, keep in mind riley is on the xbox in the room across from me playin aswell. i spawn on beach and quickly lvl to 15, i make a spear and hunt some dodos, make hide a bow arrows and a few other things, i find a raptor half stuck in a rock, i bola him and knock him out, a 174 female, i kill a low lvl stego for prime, tame it up and saddle her up, she also had blue so obs i am calling her blue, we harvest up the turtles and organic poly and head on our way, an hour later and we have made a nice little house on the beach that extends over onto the water, i built a raft bay on the small extension, i found a nice looking 156 stego, i made some tranqs and knocked it out, tamed it up, and saddled it, made a saddle and collected some berries, made 500+ narcs. i found an alpha raptor on the beach and figured there are some good lvls. i bolad it and surrounded it in stone, i just kept hittin it with arrows till it died. u get ele dust and bio toxin from alphas, depending on lvl affects how much for some reason, anyway it was a 174, got 300+ bio toxin, i stored it in a preserving bin, i dont want to get a good flier till i need one, how ever i made a raft and went over to near the white cliffs where the youtuber syntac had his bas eon valguero, he is right, there are so many high lvl pteras there, i got  bout 13 max lvls from just an hour there of killing them and leaving and re-entering, i named the ones with best stats, i used on which surprisingly had and of the second best stats, so he would supply me for now till i want to breed them. i returned to my base to find swarm raiding it, for those who live under a rock swarm is one of my friends who plays on the server. anyway he has grenades and is attacking my base, i sick my ptera swarm on him and tear him apart, i start working on a taming pen when i am killed by a rex, it takes five mins for me to spawn due to a timer thing, by the time i spawn it has killed the stego and torn down my base along with the raft, blue killed it as she was about to die, i feed her to heal, a make a small wood base on the raft and get the essentials back. i decided living on a raft will be better for now, swarm also looted my stuff when the whole rex attack was happening, i think he dragged it down to me to raid my base, well played my good sir, anyway i went further into the river to protect myself, i am making flak when the boat is being attacked, i look to find a leeds attacking me, the raft brakes and blue is plungged in, a min later we are bein devoured by sharks, we manage to kill them and i collect allt he stuff, i whistled onto my pteras so they followed, i was now completely homeless, i figured i should just stick to the road till i get to my desired location, after an hour of misery i get to the location to find hornet there and has built a base, he has a deino rasing up and a ptera, i go up to him and ask him what he was doing, he said he was building our base, we tribbed up and built our base, we plan to later go tame utility creatures. also we had riley try to raid us with a hord of pteras, they broke the ceilling but died to my swarm.

• Like 1

PC - Single player

My impatience ( and a Steam/Valve flub) has doomed me.

Loaded up ARK for a bit of Single player building fun. Did not notice the text in the lower right hand corner "Loading 16 mods......"

Hopped on my single player game.

Apparently the Structures Plus mod is no longer loaded (hasnʻt finished re-loading) on my game.

So everything Iʻve built with Structures Plus (the real S+ not that watered down kiddie light Sponsored mod version) is no more.

UGH... I can replace most of the buildings/structures with Creative mode and regular items but i loved the nifty perks S+ items gave. 

Gonna leave my ark on while I sleep hopefully it will finish downloading mods by morning.

• Sad 1

PS4 - UNoffcial Cluster

Spent most of the night on the Rag map. Fiddling with my base some more, and moving some more dinos from old base to new. Kind of a mess currently, as I'm just kind of parking the dinos inside the leash radius.

I hit some drops and noticed 2 event colored 406 level (max is 420) Allos, both female, so tamed them up and brought them over to my buddy who loves allows.  I let him breed the females, and he gave me two high level wyvern eggs, as he had just run the wyvern scar.  Sadly neither was event colored, but they are both good levels and will be usable for sure.

He wants to breed to my new Tek Quetz, so he will probably just park the female at my base, and let me breed up a bunch of eggs for him.

We talked a bit and got caught up (we haven't played at the same time for a week) then we both went over to Valguerro, and we discovered that his base is very close to mine. In fact I found a spot that is bigger and flatter than my current spot, and is closer to his base.  I may try to re-located there, but part of me remembers that I intentionally built where I am on Val, as it forces me to stay smaller, and considering my main 2 bases are on Rag & Ext, do I really need another large base?

Next thing I realize, it is 11:46, and I have to get up at 6am. So I log off and hit the hay.

• Like 2

On 7/31/2019 at 4:27 PM, DonaldDuck said:

I just installed S+ mod, and wow I'm super impressed, auto open close door, electricity are ranged based, no more cables everywhere, and the demolish/pick up gun is super useful, even the lamp is auto depending on day or night time, it also has no stand and can be put on wall or ceiling.

I usually hate using mod and prefer vanilla because if I get too dependant on it I would miss it when playing online on official server, but since I'm going to stay Single Player for quite a long time, I'm trying a few mods and I'm converted, I think I can't play without mod now :D , it makes Ark more enjoyable and remove all the inconveniences.

The S+ on official server is too limited compared to this, it's about time to advance and implement all of its features. And some other mods are also very fun to have.

Did you know that you can use charge batteries with S+ stations, and there's a charge node station too? If it weren't for the elevator I wouldn't have a generator anymore.

• Thanks 1

Unofficial Valguero

Started a small private server for a few friends from my official days on the Valguero map when it dropped on PS4.

Set the map up running the island 5 days prior so we could test rates and different spawn ins. 

I think we found a nice QOL balance;

3x harvest and xp (probably could if stayed 1x xp tbh)

92.5x egg hatch because there is no skill needed to watch an egg incubate.

30x mature, .0001 mating cooldown

10x taming

Get 50 wt per point for players

Everybody seems to be having fun but at a relaxing pace.

I did a bit of research and added some unique quirks to our map

White drops and ringed white drops contain fishing rods (JM to Asc quality) plus bait (Sap, Leech blood, or Honey) (Fishing loot quality was turned up to 3)

Green drops contain cryopods, cryofridges, and/or Extraordinary kibble.

We also have added additional creatures. Gacha's in Ab zone, Griffins on Mountains, Snow Owls in snow and tundra, Gasbags in Chalk Hills, Featherlights and Shinehorns on beach, and Shinehorns in Scotland region.

Most of the adds were spot on spawn rate wise from the beginning except Griffins. Even fractional would spawn a huge amount of the things. I don't remember exact rate we finally settled on but it seems a reasonable amount at the moment.

We also decided to do away with certain annoyances. No leeds, troodons, ichtyornis', or pegomastax. 

One of our players loves to build ships so the leeds would just be a hindrance and none of us wanted the other 3. 

We all have our projects. A couple guys are restoring the ruins which is neat. 

Myself, I'm tackling the Deino's and I think we have a pretty good line going.

Unmutated we have 1400 hp, 600 st, 221 wt, and 302 melee. Those Deino's are hatching at level 184 (345 ox and 4920 food). I'm currently sitting at hatch level 208. I'm only keeping hp, stam, and melee mutes and those are hatching with 1640 hp, 690 st, and 372 melee. Pretty good in a pack of 4. I level to 1200 st and dump everything else into hp

Anyway, I'm enjoying the unofficial life. My friends are too. Looking forward to everybody elses tales.

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

Unofficial Valguero

Started a small private server for a few friends from my official days on the Valguero map when it dropped on PS4.

Set the map up running the island 5 days prior so we could test rates and different spawn ins. 

I think we found a nice QOL balance;

92.5x egg hatch because there is no skill needed to watch an egg incubate.

30x mature, .0001 mating cooldown

E

Green drops contain cryopods, cryofridges, and/or Extraordinary kibble.

We also have added additional creatures. Gacha's in Ab zone, Griffins on Mountains, Snow Owls in snow and tundra, Gasbags in Chalk Hills, Featherlights and Shinehorns on beach, and Shinehorns in Scotland region.

We also decided to do away with certain annoyances. No leeds, troodons, ichtyornis', or pegomastax. 

Server sound Awesome! and for the last part .... you are my hero!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1