ASA Gameplay Trailer

vtallbloke

Really really cant express how disapointed I am that we still know nothing in truth about the PC release, yet the Console players have just seen their demo.

I am guessing it will look very simliar but we are now close to their planned launch, still with no specs and no trailer for PC- where the game began?

Really poor show WC

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to ASA Gameplay Trailer
2 minutes ago, SunsetErosion said:

The video shows "Available today" Guess its gonig to be a loooooong day then 0.o ?

The description on YouTube also said:
Coming in November to consoles!
Xbox: https://www.microsoft.com/store/r/9P3...
Playstation: https://store.playstation.com/concept...

In other words: crossplay is wrecked before start if PC gets a headstart.

Not impressed in general, I'm used to the level of detail now being equaly good/bad. In the trailer some parts look great while others just look... ARK?
This is imersion breaking.

By the way, available today but no PC specs yet???

15 minutes ago, CatInFire said:

Does anyone understand if we would have our own server launcher as in ASE? To me it didnt seem so from what it says on steam page...

Go to the ARK Ascended steam page, under About this game, click Read more, then you will see this: "Supports public online multiplayer for up to 70 players, private-session multiplayer for up to 8 players, and local split-screen for 2 players."

So yes, seems you can launch a private session on your PC for up to 8 players. Split screen I would guess that is for XBox.

2 minutes ago, wildbill said:

Go to the ARK Ascended steam page, under About this game, click Read more, then you will see this: "Supports public online multiplayer for up to 70 players, private-session multiplayer for up to 8 players, and local split-screen for 2 players."

So yes, seems you can launch a private session on your PC for up to 8 players. Split screen I would guess that is for XBox.

I have seen it and that what i wanted clarification about. What i meant is if there be a dedicated server. Other options isnt for me at the moment.

27 minutes ago, Pottertiffany08 said:

What happened to no early access? Everyone is launched at the same time?

C'mon now, you didn't see that staggered release coming when the contract with Nitrado specifically said PC? I won't be surprised if they release Xbox version first and PS afterwards. Expect the worst and you won't be disappointed with Wildcard, that's been their pattern and the wolf doesn't change its clothes. Never trust promises or expectations they set.

Anyways, sour grapes aside, it is a very nice trailer with great environments but dinos....a bit disappointed at the relatively minute changes to visuals and animations compared to the environmental ones. As a PS player I'm still very dubious about the product we'll get. It was an Xbox event, yet it didn't say it was captured on Xbox which means...it may actually look nowhere near as good or impressive on consoles (let alone PS who the consider second class customers). So really, apart from at least establishing it's a working product, this hasn't generated any excitement for me yet and have to wait and see what the console version looks like.

Edited by KingOfAshes
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Pottertiffany08 said:

What happened to no early access? Everyone is launched at the same time?

it looks to me like they are dodging the fine for delaying the game again.  It clearly failed cert so they just dumped the broken version onto steam which has the lowest standards to avoid losing a ton of money.  They are just exploiting a loophole in the contract, probably had that planned all along.

2 hours ago, zero064 said:

Man, it sure looks pretty. The recommended GPU is an RTX 3080 -- better get your Christmas lists updated.

I wish they'd have shown how well it renders in a large base when you come flying in at top speed. Guess I'll have to wait until I build one to find out.

Judging by the multiple Nitrado gameplay Youtube footage, that was quickly taken down, I saw quite a bit of object popping very near the player...and significantly lower quality graphics which doesn't bode very well. I'd say really hold your horses and watch players stream/videos once released before buying. This could be a Vault 76 launch....''16 times the detail and it all just works''. Never trust a trailer unless it's HZD...

Edited by KingOfAshes

1 hour ago, KingOfAshes said:

Judging by the multiple Nitrado gameplay Youtube footage, that was quickly taken down, I saw quite a bit of object popping very near the player...and significantly lower quality graphics which doesn't bode very well. I'd say really hold your horses and watch players stream/videos once released before buying. This could be a Vault 76 launch....''16 times the detail and it all just works''. Never trust a trailer unless it's HZD...

That's good advice. I'll probably buy it anyway and complain later, lol.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, vtallbloke said:

Really really cant express how disapointed I am that we still know nothing in truth about the PC release, yet the Console players have just seen their demo.

You should be even more disappointed that it's not really a gameplay trailer. Portions of that trailer have been floating around for years, you can see a couple of the segments from that video over and over again if you watch the youtube videos from some of the game journalists who have been reporting about ARK.

Even if some parts of that video are from ASA they're not really gameplay video, at best they're video captures that have been post-processed to make them look better. As usual WC is lying with their marketing materials.

• Thanks 1

On 10/25/2023 at 9:05 PM, Pipinghot said:

You should be even more disappointed that it's not really a gameplay trailer. Portions of that trailer have been floating around for years, you can see a couple of the segments from that video over and over again if you watch the youtube videos from some of the game journalists who have been reporting about ARK.

UE5 was released April 2022, so I have absolutely idea where you're getting the word "years" from. And what game journalists can you link me that have had these clips for years?

On 10/25/2023 at 9:05 PM, Pipinghot said:

Even if some parts of that video are from ASA they're not really gameplay video, at best they're video captures that have been post-processed to make them look better. As usual WC is lying with their marketing materials.

HOLY CRAP!!! Pipinghot just discovered what "trailer" means!! (trailer; verb; advertise (a movie or program) in advance by broadcasting excerpts or details.)

Trailers are supposed to want people to buy your product, that's what advertisements do. This isn't a new thing buddy.