Ongoing Server Instability & Crashes

balistikas

Message added by invincibleqc

Please report official server outages using this form: https://ark.gg/outage

If you lost in-game progress such as your character, etc. due to a rollback please submit a Support Ticket to get in-game assistance.

Thanks!

Dont panic, there IS gonna be rollback.

Since ARK launch every time I've been affected by a bug (tek cave volcano volume insta killing tames, meteors destroying tames and bases, etc) there has not been rollback.

However when Im not affected, like this time, (indeed I got some loot from red OSD that Im gonna loose because of the rollback) pretty much there is a rollback incoming.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

15 minutes ago, arkark said:

Dont panic, there IS gonna be rollback.

Since ARK launch every time I've been affected by a bug (tek cave volcano volume insta killing tames, meteors destroying tames and bases, etc) there has not been rollback.

However when Im not affected, like this time, (indeed I got some loot from red OSD that Im gonna loose because of the rollback) pretty much there is a rollback incoming.

rly rly true

What I'd like to know is how a character loss is possible at all? My friend lost 2 in 2 days just after leveling him up real nice.

I get that items get lost because it would be really demanding to keep track of every item across all officials but keeping track of accounts/characters should be a priority.

Hope they fix the problem soon and don't loose too much hair while doing it :)

55 minutes ago, Balteraxe said:

For the people that want a rollback, don't expect one to come up soon.

In the past, like with the element veins destroying everyone's bases, they didn't rollback that either.

Sorry to hear it, but it's another one of those things, where the players gets screwed over ?‍♀️

It was hard to track element vein destruction, and rollbacks would have had to be substantial screwing a lot more people in the process.

A bug they created that came into effect an hour ago however, it is easy to identify when it happened. At most they will have to restore the backups created before the last major patch (like 2 hours ago).

so you might get two char if you transfered, but i actualy dont think they'd be saved by a rollback.

3 minutes ago, Saupe said:

It was hard to track element vein destruction, and rollbacks would have had to be substantial screwing a lot more people in the process.

A bug they created that came into effect an hour ago however, it is easy to identify when it happened. At most they will have to restore the backups created before the last major patch (like 2 hours ago).

I run an unofficial server, and looking at the transfer files it seems the data is actually there, so they  might be able to recovewr your items without rolling back. Itàs just speculation, of course. Would be good to hear something officialy from them. By the way, what kind of software house is this? Do they at elast try them new builds before sending them out?

19 minutes ago, Giorgino87 said:

I run an unofficial server, and looking at the transfer files it seems the data is actually there,

Does this include items people transferred server with? and is the upload file still bound to the correct player ID?

Not important but would at least tell me if a rollback is likely, or a time frame.

This is unrelated to opening transfers to extinction.  It is a direct result of the new patch.  There was another bug, very minor, where tapajara did not load in where you parked them on the roof, but locked to the ground, no matter how many "ceilings" were between them and that ground.  But, though you got the "Ride" menu, you could not ride them.  I found that whistling follow on them instantly popped them back upstairs, frantically trying to get down to you to follow you.  Sigh.  Related to whatever exploit they claim to have fixed.  Hoping a second load in won't repeat it, and it was just an issue with core positioning for those dinos.

As to this... it's entirely likely their primary beta branch is a single server without transfers available or happening, and so nobody tested this on the new build.  I guarantee you they go to a test branch before going live.  I just don't know how robust the test servers are, or how much they are hit by testing players.  

Rollbacks may or may not be possible.  Their system is not very well designed, so it would likely require a manual admin operation on every single virtual machine server.  Hell, the official rollout of Extincion was so botched in this process my server was given the dupe name of another.  My whole island population tried to all go to the same server, but, after a few hours, half of us, POOF are on a different server, because of the duplicate names.  Sigh.  If that was a formal official rollout setting up servers, I'd hate to think what a panicked rollback would do.  And, I'm not sure if they keep multiple files, or just the save from the previous 15 minutes.  In which case they may not have the files to roll back to.  I just wish they'd give us SOME eta or even an update that says, "Yeah, we're still working on it."  If they DO rollback, I will be dead given where I was.  And, if I'm not online within 30 min, I'll lose all my ascendent gear, and probably my mount.  That will suck.  (not as bad as those losing hundreds of dinos in a rush to cap all the extinction servers ?

13 minutes ago, Saupe said:

Does this include items people transferred server with? and is the upload file still bound to the correct player ID?

Not important but would at least tell me if a rollback is likely, or a time frame.

I can't see what is in the file, but afetr losing my inventory my file become 1MB, while, if no item is loaded in the ark, it is usually around 60kb. So my guess is that all my items are there, just hidden

• invincibleqc changed the title to Ongoing Server Instability & Crashes
  • bootstraptv changed the title to 899 gen two down 13+ hours
  • Joebl0w13 locked this topic
  • Joebl0w13 locked and unlocked this topic