Jump to content

Kodking194

should wildcard work on optimization and bug fixes in 2020

should wildcard work on optimization and bug fixes in 2020  

31 members have voted

  1. 1. aside from Genesis should Wildcard focus solely on optimization and bug fixes in 2020 to improve Arks gameplay experience and optimization

    • yes they should definitely do it
    • no they dont because game braking bugs and glitches do not matter


Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Kodking194 said:

so they slowly die?

No, they still dont require oxygen to survive.  You just have to deal with the screen effect from my understanding.

 

4 hours ago, RipRavage said:

And that stat does not refill on sea creatures, thus why we have a suffocating icon glitch.  Once it hits zero, there is no way to refill the meter.

Im curious, does 'infinitestats' fix this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thing server performance is importantly resolve than breaking bugs and glitches. If you was playing alot ark you remember that on legacy servers when new servers didn't come out servers are not crashed/timeout or high lags. Now situation is that on any offical server what you play your server will crash 1-3 times in day or more, then server will kicking all people and my record that its kicked 5 times in 15 min also lagging. That's not all also issue is that every 15 min happens save lag and that lag takes like 1-3 min and sometimes its get's angry that you lost items/dinos because save lag.

My opinion on old offical servers was been better server performance than now on new servers.

Also if you are reporting your offical server via outage form it's dosen't help still will crashing/save lag/kicking people/lagging and etc.

Edited by Sleiva

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/2/2019 at 1:17 AM, Kodking194 said:

what is i will put the money towartds the game whether that be its developers or somehting else. over my own greed. i because unless you improve the game consistently or develope it to a point where it no long requires to be developed you wont get money out of the game. and this is what is happening to ark. this also why i wont be getting genisis till i can be gaurenteed it wont be bug infested. while i really want to get it i am not spending any more cash on ark till i see detrimental improvments on it in areas where it is needed.

My point is that I actually do believe they're doing that. What I see confirms it to me, but I'm not a part of the dev team so what does any of us know really? :P Yeah, I really get that and I think it's a good strategy. If we, as consumers want to influence things, we have to do it with our wallets but unfortunately, there must also be enough of us doing it and a lot of people don't care enough.

On 11/2/2019 at 1:17 AM, Onimusha759 said:

@Zahleasome of these bugs dont seem that complicated tho.

Oh, yeah, I know! Being a programmer myself some bugs are extra infuriating because I believe I know how easy it will be to fix. But it's also very possible that it's a side effect from fixing another bug. If that other bug is more serious than the side effect, then you might not want to revert it even though a new bug was caused. This image illustrates bug fixing perfectly 😂 

7c6bbf73f430a9c2f176484e44a61ef1.jpg

As for the skylord, that could be why. I didn't know that affected how many artifacts spawn! 😮 However, I have the rates tripled, if I remember correctly. Curious that only doubles the respawn and not triples. About the size, I don't usually look at the size of the downloads, but whenever I've seen it I've just assumed they had to change a map or other large asset that requires downloading that whole asset again. You might be right, though, that not everything is listed. It would make sense - it's a lot of upkeep making sure exactly everything goes in to the release notes, especially if it's small, quick fixes. Really happy about the ascension! I haven't gotten there yet, but I've been a bit worried about what would happen when I did.

On 11/2/2019 at 1:17 AM, Onimusha759 said:

Isnt poor decision making a sign of lack of care? [...] But isnt wc owned by snail?

Actually, I see it more as incompetence and demands we know nothing about. I really don't mean to be nasty or condescending - what I tend to forget with the size of ARK is that these are totally new devs, not used to releasing games. What I see in what they do is that they care very much, but that the decisions they make now always work. Basically, that sometimes they just don't know that it won't work. Also, I believe that being owned by Snail Games is just incredibly bad for us as a consumers. The game company I work for is also owned by a bigger game company and we see no money coming from them. What we do see is demands. The thing is, being owned by a bigger company might be a safeguard against going out of business - if it gets that bad they might chip in but if not, they only add expectations. Wildcard would most likely still be required to pull their own weight and not only that - they probably have demands to make more profit than they did as an independent company.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Zahlea im not suggesting removing any code, i know how catastrophic that code be.  I was was thinking about adding a very specific very simple code to fix the spawn rate for said cave.  I know it would become more complicated with other things and increasing risk of producing more bugs the more complicated it got.  Of course if they didnt barely duct tape everything along the way, the coding wouldnt get so twisted and youd run less risk of new coding chain breaking.  Also higher quality products result in better income.  From what you say its snail's big business greed for a quick buck thats shooting themselves in the foot.

Im getting word that ascension is potentially broken again since i last tested it.  Im going to test it again relatively soon to see.

Well idk how "btw your late game is completely broken" and then deciding not to fix it could ever be consider a viable attempt.  If it doesnt work, leaving it be isnt going to make it work.  Therefore they know its not going to work.  I believe full hearted that they are trying to implement working things.  Nothing i ever say against wc is against their attempts or initial codings.  Its the fact they never do anything about a botched code.  They put effort to make things, not to ever fix a mistake they make in good intentions.  Obviously we dont know all thats going on behind the scenes, just as u said, but someone somewhere is screwing up, be it smail or wc who knows.  That said tho wc had these problems before snail.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Onimusha759 said:

@Zahlea im not suggesting removing any code, i know how catastrophic that code be.  I was was thinking about adding a very specific very simple code to fix the spawn rate for said cave.  I know it would become more complicated with other things and increasing risk of producing more bugs the more complicated it got.  Of course if they didnt barely duct tape everything along the way, the coding wouldnt get so twisted and youd run less risk of new coding chain breaking.  Also higher quality products result in better income.  From what you say its snail's big business greed for a quick buck thats shooting themselves in the foot.

Im getting word that ascension is potentially broken again since i last tested it.  Im going to test it again relatively soon to see.

Well idk how "btw your late game is completely broken" and then deciding not to fix it could ever be consider a viable attempt.  If it doesnt work, leaving it be isnt going to make it work.  Therefore they know its not going to work.  I believe full hearted that they are trying to implement working things.  Nothing i ever say against wc is against their attempts or initial codings.  Its the fact they never do anything about a botched code.  They put effort to make things, not to ever fix a mistake they make in good intentions.  Obviously we dont know all thats going on behind the scenes, just as u said, but someone somewhere is screwing up, be it smail or wc who knows.  That said tho wc had these problems before snail.

Yeah, you might be right, it might very well be that simple. What I've assumed has happened is that they prioritise the meshing and a few other huge issues that people keep bringing up, leaving no time for a lot of other things to be fixed. There are quite a few things that I would assume are easy fixes - like what you describe with the overspawn - that I don't get why they don't prioritise. When we prioritise our bugs, we take into account the difficulty of fixing it, meaning anything that might not be one of the major bugs but that is easy to fix might be prioritised higher, the low hanging fruit so to speak. I get the feeling they don't do that, or at least that those don't make it into the patch notes. I definitely have opinions on their apparent prioritisation, but they still seem to focus a lot on fixes. It still seems to me like they care a lot.

Having that said - even assuming I'm right and that they do care - that's not all that matters. It doesn't fix any bugs or make bugs less annoying. The only thing it does is make it more likely things will get fixed. Personally, I also get the feeling no one at WC likes fixing bugs :P That would explain why there are so many and why some bugs have been allowed to remain for so long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to see things fixed that have existed forever and affects 100% of the playerbase, instead of stuff that only affects a portion of it.

WHY do the command wheel options move position depending on how you're facing the dino?  WHY do we always jump off the right side of the dino (horse riders know what I'm talking about)?  WHY does light from a forge/grill penetrate solid metal/stone walls? WHY can you not drop all spoiled meat straight out of a container with the drop all button?

If I had to pick between fixing meshing or fixing those 4 things, I'd take the latter in a heartbeat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Zahlea said:

Yeah, you might be right, it might very well be that simple. What I've assumed has happened is that they prioritise the meshing and a few other huge issues that people keep bringing up, leaving no time for a lot of other things to be fixed. There are quite a few things that I would assume are easy fixes - like what you describe with the overspawn - that I don't get why they don't prioritise. When we prioritise our bugs, we take into account the difficulty of fixing it, meaning anything that might not be one of the major bugs but that is easy to fix might be prioritised higher, the low hanging fruit so to speak. I get the feeling they don't do that, or at least that those don't make it into the patch notes. I definitely have opinions on their apparent prioritisation, but they still seem to focus a lot on fixes. It still seems to me like they care a lot.

Having that said - even assuming I'm right and that they do care - that's not all that matters. It doesn't fix any bugs or make bugs less annoying. The only thing it does is make it more likely things will get fixed. Personally, I also get the feeling no one at WC likes fixing bugs :P That would explain why there are so many and why some bugs have been allowed to remain for so long.

I always like talking to you Zahlea, your always so agreeable lol.  Ya your probably right, but the majority of fixes i see are small lol.  

 

14 hours ago, SMP said:

I'd like to see things fixed that have existed forever and affects 100% of the playerbase, instead of stuff that only affects a portion of it.

This is exactly it.  I see fixes for things that ive never even heard of like just random as heck small things that almost look made up(besides meshing).

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this poll is silly the options are "i want them to do the obvious thing" or "i like pain and suffering especially when it happens to me"

the teams that are fixing bugs are the same teams the develop tools for the creative teams to create content. They are often times smaller and if you stop creating content it won't suddenly make the engine team work faster because coding changes don't really benefit from severely increased work force. it's not like building a pyramid where everyone with hands can move stuff.  Do you really want the guy in charge of composing music trying to redo old netcode?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Kaprosuchus said:

this poll is silly the options are "i want them to do the obvious thing" or "i like pain and suffering especially when it happens to me"

the teams that are fixing bugs are the same teams the develop tools for the creative teams to create content. They are often times smaller and if you stop creating content it won't suddenly make the engine team work faster because coding changes don't really benefit from severely increased work force. it's not like building a pyramid where everyone with hands can move stuff.  Do you really want the guy in charge of composing music trying to redo old netcode?

"the teams that are fixing bugs are the same teams (that) develop tools for the creative teams to create content."  So technically these guys are part of creative process and if wc stops shoving new content these guys could fix their bs.  That essentially means kod is right.

And lets be honest, theres a lot of short attention span (kids) who scream more more more.  These people dont care about the game really.  They just want their quick thrill new content provides.  "i like pain and suffering especially when it happens to me" is the idiocy of these people.  If its such an obvious choice then why are their idiots choosing the blatantly wrong choice?  And if that is the case then the poll is completely legitimate.  Right @Kodking194

Edited by Onimusha759

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Kaprosuchus i know they have seperate groups for certain things. but it the creative developers keep adding more and more content with bugs to the already mountainous pile it makes it harder for the group that deals with the bugs to fix the bugs. with genisis coming and the looks of how much crap it will have in it i guarantee the bug count will double in size. so when genisis does come out it sort will be like a death sentence for the coding team that has to fix the bugs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Kodking194 I get what you are saying.  I'm gonna give the new guys a chance. it's why i haven't preordered genesis.

@Onimusha759 didn't say it wasn't legitimate just that it was silly.  You are correct that many people just want their quick content fix.  I feel a balanced approach to content creating and bugfixing is the appropriate way forward.

Edited by Kaprosuchus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Kaprosuchus said:

this poll is silly the options are "i want them to do the obvious thing" or "i like pain and suffering especially when it happens to me"

the teams that are fixing bugs are the same teams the develop tools for the creative teams to create content. They are often times smaller and if you stop creating content it won't suddenly make the engine team work faster because coding changes don't really benefit from severely increased work force. it's not like building a pyramid where everyone with hands can move stuff.  Do you really want the guy in charge of composing music trying to redo old netcode?

i love the look of genesis and i really want it. but if genisis is anything like extinction when it came out (it will be) then honestly i wont be buying it till it is improved and their are few bugs. also ark is the only officialy released game that is as buggy as it is, so it is obviouse WC are lazy and are doing the wrong things. also i theorize genisis will be a hell storm of bugs. i mean we can tell it is the biggest project ever. since wc have proven they cant even handle delaing with bugs it kinda makes it obviouse genisis will not be made to its full potential  

Edited by Kodking194
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

"i like pain and suffering especially when it happens to me" is the idiocy of these people.  If its such an obvious choice then why are their idiots choosing the blatantly wrong choice?  And if that is the case then the poll is completely legitimate.

I guess the better question is:  What is this choice, and who is supposedly making it?  Or is this statement not really about the topic of bugs and optimizations and about who voted on the poll?  Because it's probably just bored people voting because they know it might maybe, possibly, sorta irritate someone on the internet to see the poll skewed.  However, if votes for either side are wasted time (which they might be), then legitimacy doesn't matter because it is still irrelevant.

Also, understand that as I and countless others have stated here, and in other threads, and on live servers, and on older forum threads, this is not a new topic.  This is old poop, we have all wore the threads out on this topic and now its being rehashed like some new vintage designer fashion stuff.  We've been saying for close to 4.5 years now that we'd like to see more spit-shine on various aspects of ARK.  Deep in Early Access, our voices were but whispers, because we expected things to be wonky and WildCard was steady (but slow) at squashing bugs and fixing problems.  As release was announced, the voices grew to a chorus of discontent, until erupting into a full-blown cacophony of anger in the months proceeding the August launch.  We watched as toddler-aged bugs grow legs and walk out alongside a full-release product.  The ARK community has never been silent about this.  WildCard ultimately has the choice to address or ignore these things, as they always have.

On 11/1/2019 at 10:10 PM, Touda said:

Didn't Wildcard say at one point the game is as optimized as it can get without redoing the entire game from the ground up?

This is sorta what I have heard too.  I don't believe it really, but I heard it way back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, TheDonn said:

I guess the better question is:  What is this choice, and who is supposedly making it?  Or is this statement not really about the topic of bugs and optimizations and about who voted on the poll?  Because it's probably just bored people voting because they know it might maybe, possibly, sorta irritate someone on the internet to see the poll skewed.  However, if votes for either side are wasted time (which they might be), then legitimacy doesn't matter because it is still irrelevant.

Also, understand that as I and countless others have stated here, and in other threads, and on live servers, and on older forum threads, this is not a new topic.  This is old poop, we have all wore the threads out on this topic and now its being rehashed like some new vintage designer fashion stuff.  We've been saying for close to 4.5 years now that we'd like to see more spit-shine on various aspects of ARK.  Deep in Early Access, our voices were but whispers, because we expected things to be wonky and WildCard was steady (but slow) at squashing bugs and fixing problems.  As release was announced, the voices grew to a chorus of discontent, until erupting into a full-blown cacophony of anger in the months proceeding the August launch.  We watched as toddler-aged bugs grow legs and walk out alongside a full-release product.  The ARK community has never been silent about this.  WildCard ultimately has the choice to address or ignore these things, as they always have.

Your very much correct Don.  Fact is they wont do it, period.  So its irrelevant.  Tho i do think its only irrelevant because we allow it to be so.  Its a company selling a product.  Like cigarettes, if we keep buying it of course theyll keep selling it.  Theres enough support from players that despite the games horrible state and the devs doing nothing with it.  Thats why i believe these threads have purpose.  We need to piss ourselves off enough to tell wc to go F themselves and keep doing it until it hurts wc and makes them pull their head out of their butts.  Thats the only thing thatll do it.

 

4 hours ago, Kaprosuchus said:

@Kodking194 I get what you are saying.  I'm gonna give the new guys a chance. it's why i haven't preordered genesis.

@Onimusha759 didn't say it wasn't legitimate just that it was silly.  You are correct that many people just want their quick content fix.  I feel a balanced approach to content creating and bugfixing is the appropriate way forward.

Agreed.  I to believe the game should develop further but there are glaring cracks in the foundation and it seems irresponsible to place more weight on something that could collapse on itself.  Fix the giant holes, then start building in balance with fixes on smaller things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

People vote with their wallets. 

And they keep buying up the new releases. 
 

The majority says. We like it. Give us more. 

people dont like it, ark is becoming like fortnite. WC like epic keeps forking out more payed content. those who have already bought the game and all the dlc's see the new content and buy it. people will keep buying the content because its the only thing that adds more gameplay and objectives to do. they dont want to leave ark cause they have already spent soo much money on ark already. it is like an addiction. if they left ark they would be leaving all that "wasted money" and since you cant get a refund the money is just there. so to make ark worth while they keep buying the content to give them a reason to play the game. this exact same thing happens in fortnite and other games aswell. like many people have stated in thwe past on many many different threads. ark must be fixed and ridden of its bugs and glitches. then they can add more content.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No WC should work on Ark 2.0. At this point ark is a dumpster fire of a coded mess and although its a good game id much rather they started working on a new game on a updated engine with visuals that reflect 2020+ Wasting time on ark is like taking cash and flushing it down the toilet. Let them get there funding round out from genesis and pray to the Lord spaghetti monster that they are working on/ announce ark 2.0  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/28/2019 at 10:13 PM, Kodking194 said:

hopefully WC will see this poll and realise it is the right thing to do

What poll?

So they fix bugs every year. They also of course create more bugs when they add new content. Still, I'd rather have the new content than just fixing a few bugs that I know all the workarounds for.

As for optimizations, my PC runs fine and it is older than ARK is. I just have to turn the settings down from max.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, LionheartUK said:

No WC should work on Ark 2.0. At this point ark is a dumpster fire of a coded mess and although its a good game id much rather they started working on a new game on a updated engine with visuals that reflect 2020+ Wasting time on ark is like taking cash and flushing it down the toilet. Let them get there funding round out from genesis and pray to the Lord spaghetti monster that they are working on/ announce ark 2.0  

ark 2 is a terrible idea. it is just another oportunity to fail. plus people ahve already spent soooo much money on ark. do u think people would buy ark 2. with wc reputation of being lazy and ignorant with regular ark what makes u think ark 2 will be better. it would take less time to fix the ark we have now. making ark 2 would be way more time consuming and harder. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kodking194 said:

ark 2 is a terrible idea. it is just another oportunity to fail. plus people ahve already spent soooo much money on ark. do u think people would buy ark 2. with wc reputation of being lazy and ignorant with regular ark what makes u think ark 2 will be better. it would take less time to fix the ark we have now. making ark 2 would be way more time consuming and harder. 

Pretty sure ARK 2 is called Atlas 😀

Lets not do that one again. The jury is still out on whether it will be successful or not (I like ARK much better than Atlas).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, wildbill said:

Pretty sure ARK 2 is called Atlas 😀

Lets not do that one again. The jury is still out on whether it will be successful or not (I like ARK much better than Atlas).

Grape Shot and Wild card are separate Studios so No Atlas is not really ark 2. Extinction was meant to be the final expac for Ark so Wild card have to be working on something. My guess is funds where getting tight so Genisis was born to raise funds. Just like SE was made to get cash after WC where sued to the moon and back. Hence you got pre launch Expansion lol 

Edited by LionheartUK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ark 2. On earth. Hundreds of arks have all settled across earth vast seas. You can now fly between the arks with virtually no loading time and go round the earth completely. After winning in genesis element no longer exists and tek stops working. Humanity have to build from new (back to the beach with you bob). New factions rise and now strange creatures from the many arks roam the world as the arks where actually a liberally of life from many alien civilisations safeguarded from some evil force by ancient humans  But now the arks have awoken on earth the evil force is alerted and come. Build up progress and end up fighting this evil force. As you encounter them you will get new "Alien items" *Cough tek* essential in winning the impending war. First DLC ark in space lol   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, LionheartUK said:

No WC should work on Ark 2.0. At this point ark is a dumpster fire of a coded mess and although its a good game id much rather they started working on a new game on a updated engine with visuals that reflect 2020+ Wasting time on ark is like taking cash and flushing it down the toilet. Let them get there funding round out from genesis and pray to the Lord spaghetti monster that they are working on/ announce ark 2.0  

Except there is 0 proof that Ark 2.0 would be any better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...