Wipe Official Servers

NoOneBtw

Suggestion

After almost 2 years of constant breeding, every larger group now has incredibly mutated dinos that are nowhere close to what the game was originally balanced around. This means that dinos like Rhinos or Therizinosaurs deal much more damage and are much harder to kill than they were 1.5 years ago when the game released. Politically, the game is currently very stale, with alliances constant, no big conflicts and many people leaving the main cluster for others clusters or other games for a fresher and more exciting experience. A wipe would easily reset breeding back to its original state and bring these dinos back down to what they were originally, and bring back many players that have left over the last year.

edit: im talking (mostly) about the Official PvP network, non-legacy, main cluster)

• Answers 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On 10/2/2019 at 4:16 AM, ForzaProiettile said:

As we all know the player numbers in this game are not what they used to be and yet the amount of Official servers has remained fairly static. The result is a 100 servers where the average player count per server is 10 or less which isn't great for gameplay and leaves the servers feeling kind of dead.

The player count is exactly where its been at this point between major releases in the past.

https://steamcharts.com/app/346110#All

The numbers would be much higher today had Valguero not been such a massive flop. All it needed was a reason to go there, especially in regards to the aberration area. I mean, whats the point of the radiation zone? A single artifact half way down?  The loot is so horrible, it makes the crop plot bp/compass bp/etc loot on the island seem amazing. Im sure the PVP crowd thinks even less of the map because i can't see any reason stratigically to setup shop in the aberration area. Without a powerful tame spawning down there, its pretty much a tomb.

Just NO, why should we loose all our hard work on small tribes? Why should the current PvP community be wiped, this is a horrible idea that will kill the game. 

Maybe you should learn to read the community crunch, the developers have already stated that wipes will not be happening on any of the official clusters. 

@Arlie87

6 hours ago, BertNoobians said:

its funny that people with a low post count want a wipe, and people with a high post count dont want a wipe.

new players will always want a wipe, that will never change, they want to start equal with all the others.

90% of the starters only play this game for a few weeks upto a few months,

and there would be more people that want a wipe because there will always be more starters then established players.

this is why it is extremely hypocritical and mean to ask for a wipe because statistics say that you are not even here anymore after 3 months.

some dinos like tuso mosa and basilo take 1.5 years where they are now, they are op, but they are not even close to max possible. you want to wipe this work.

I have 6.5k hours on official pvp, does that make me new?  I would love a wipe.

Im in one of the biggest tribes on PC PvP
WyvhnYW.png

Here is what i had to say during the debate of whether or not the Early Access servers should be wiped when the game had its official launch. This was when wildcard came up with the idiotic idea of creating legacy servers that would only be wiped if they were dead, which obviously was a lie as well. Just like today, all the new players back then were demanding a full wipe and didn't care about all the hard work people put into the game. It was clear they thought if they pushed for a full wipe that they'd then have the chance to be an alpha tribe  and thus become the same "oppressors" they complained daily about at the time.

You think its going to be any different with the new servers? You think the duping, exploits, and other crap is suddenly going to come to a halt and somehow, just somehow you'll have your chance at being an alpha tribe? haha. Alpha tribes aren't staying on Legacy servers. They're going to the new servers where they have the experience, organization, and numbers to be right back on top. And guess what? You're going to be the cannon fodder. 

Posted: August 24, 2017

I hate to brag, but i couldn't have been more right when i said that.

2 hours ago, StronkMann said:

My suggestion for PVE is to have some sort of building that gives the player a set area to build in. Then the player can upgrade said building to get more space or make more of them to allow them to build in other locations. This will stop the unbelievable amount of pillar spam on pve servers if done right. 

This building should also get more expensive as more are created by the player so that these are not spammed like the pillars. 

Most of the PVE servers i play on have plenty of open land. The problem is people you login and after 5 minutes of not being able to place a fire in the spawn zone, start complaining on global about pillars. How hard it it to understand that 1,000 other poeple have had the same idea before you did? You have to get well away from the spawn areas in order to get some dirt.

I remember a while back a noob logged into our island server and needed a ride, and was pretty rude about it. Of course we had to ask him where needed a ride to.... and he replied that he's going to be building his base at 22-69. He proceeded to blow a fuse when all the laughing subsided. so entitled. lol.

Judging by the Legacy-->Official, and when Small tribes was released, it's obvious how much fun there can be had when the main game itself is wiped or has new servers. However before this can happen again, there really needs to be more measures taken for various issues such as duping, character loss etc. Economy and resource management should be a key part of the game, but it's not, and hasn't been for a while now. Genesis didn't help in the slightest, people were able to get mass points, dupe their character, and essentially have infinite of any resource found in the Hexagon Exchange. Likewise, people are still using their duped materials from over a year ago. 

The legit players gets filtered over time naturally when these things aren't fixed. If you look at Small tribes on PC right now, basically every 'big' tribe is cheating one way or another. Legit tribes simply cannot compete. It's like people are actively trying to break every single dot point found on the Code of Conduct.

So yeah, a wipe is really needed if you want to see legit players come back to the game. 

They should allow the people who were punished to play again some people cannot access the game and their character who never did anything wrong, and this has happened to thousands of players entire 70 player tribes most people never return to ark because it can take up to a year to redo bosses and redo everything all over again.

On 5/1/2019 at 12:04 PM, Quilleute said:

trThere's something called Apocalypse servers .... idgit ...

Yeah Arkpocalypse is pretty cool. But here is thing about officials, currently the only people left on official servers are megatribes, a handful of survivors of past 1.5+ year of warfare, paranoid veterans living in unraidable caves. The rich political dynamics that used to exist when there were lot of tribes different sizes and multiple tribes used to share a server is long gone.

PvP between megatribes has become very stale due to cave meta. There is no real raids anymore just griefing easily replaced surface teleporters, because mainbases are now fully built into nearly unraidable caves. People just inside or mesh these days, because its become impossible to take down mainbases by war alone.

Officials need to have cave bases disabled and rebooted. That will bring the pvp back. I been playing classics more than officials last few days. And its a ton more fun with exciting due to actual land bases to raid instead of everyone being on caves., A large number of diverse tribes populate it creating interesting social or political situations that used to be a hallmark of ARK. Officials used to be like that in 2017- middle of 2018. And it can be again with a fresh restart.

Archived