How Does Gachaclaus Work?

jvlivs

54 minutes ago, Cinnamongod said:

Has anyone tried to put something else like stone in the inventory along with the coal and mistletoes. Also is it better to save it up. The one time I did it I got a lot of primitive crystals.

I can't seem to put anything in other than coal and mistletoe, how many did you put in for  a lot of crystals? I have been doing stacks of 5 and 10 and getting one crystal. Sucks he only drops 4 packages and that everyone on the server scrambles for them and they don't have much of either in them x.x

6 hours ago, Nessy89 said:

I can't seem to put anything in other than coal and mistletoe, how many did you put in for  a lot of crystals? I have been doing stacks of 5 and 10 and getting one crystal. Sucks he only drops 4 packages and that everyone on the server scrambles for them and they don't have much of either in them x.x

He seems to be eating stacks of 10 for each crystal.

Maybe some gachas are better than others, we had one only give us 3x decoration (lvl 100) and another one that dropped only good stuff (lvl 85).

So i fed around 70 coal to a Gacha now on his own and quite happy, gave me 2 Christmas hats..... 

Fed him 40 mistletoe and he just munched them and gave me nothing... fun..

Gave my own gacha's some stone and bird poo and got me some MC and AC gear.. 

Verdict... screw Coal and Mistletoe, get the gear from raptor claus drops and dump the rest.

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to How Does Gachaclaus Work?

few infos on the wiki, anybody digged into it?

GachaClaus are a new xmas event creature, they are meant to be fed with Mistletoe or Coal from RaptorClaus drops.

They give you crystals which have loot.

Sadly I've seen no list of loot you can get.

Is it really worth to give packs of 10 Mistletoe /Coal statistically wise? The few times I've tried it was not worth it because I got common crystals, while at other times I got green crystals from a single Mistletoe /Coal.

Some of the items you may get are stat buff like movement speed bonus for dinos, but does I have many questions : is it permanent buff? does movement speed buff work on flyers?

1 hour ago, Wikus said:

They are completely broken on my Xbox server. ( Nitrado unofficial ) Can't put charcoal at all in their inventory. Tried about 10 different ones , I simply can't put anything in their inventories. Or is it a different type of coal I don't know about ?

Did you get it from santa? It isnt charcoal its coal :P There's your problem bud

They arent broken you're just feeding it the wrong stuff.

3 hours ago, KingDuck1 said:

You know it would be nice once in a while if a dev could reply to one of these problems. I put 1 mistletoe into gatchaclause last night 11:00 pm went to bed got back up about 8:00 am EST went back to the same gatchclause and he still had the mistletoe in his inventory!?!?

I would assume that would have been single player, if not that sounds wrong.

@ Everyone else, I had thought that the mistletoe acted like a buff, but I got some decent gear from it.

So far I have seen

Holiday Tree
Holiday Lights
Gift Boxes
Holiday Stockings
Wreaths
Mistletoe
Santa Hat
Dino Santa Hat
Holiday Candy - which buffs a dino and gives certain regions a color for 24 hours. I am not sure if the color is permanent or not, on one Dino it disappeared and on others it is still there. And on one that it disappeared on, when I left the rendered area and came back the color was back and others where gone completely.

I haven't yet seen previous items such as

Megalocerous Reindeer Costume
Snowman

Seems to be random, had some that eat the first mistletoe then nothing, some you get 3 or 4 crystals from then stop eating while others have dropped over 20 crystals

Loot has been crap since they nerfed it last night so not that bothered about chasing after the drops anymore, tried feeding large stacks and still get the same level crystals as feeding single mistletoe

Gachaclaus

The Gachaclaus eats coal and mistletoes. 

If you put 1 mistletoe, it gives u a "primitive gacha crystal" if you for example put 3 in, you get "apprentice gacha crystal" which gives better loot than primitive when consumed. 

Coal gives you christmas themed decoration and items. Like hats, christmas tree, christmas lights and more. Im unsure if the rarity of the item you get depends on how much coal you give it, i think it does.

Please write to me if you want a more clear explanation :)

2 hours ago, Kroge said:

Gachaclaus

The Gachaclaus eats coal and mistletoes. 

If you put 1 mistletoe, it gives u a "primitive gacha crystal" if you for example put 3 in, you get "apprentice gacha crystal" which gives better loot than primitive when consumed. 

Coal gives you christmas themed decoration and items. Like hats, christmas tree, christmas lights and more. Im unsure if the rarity of the item you get depends on how much coal you give it, i think it does.

Please write to me if you want a more clear explanation :)

Totally not true.

You need to give a stack of 10 for a 90% chance to get random drop from it mistletoe or coal.  This is on xbox, and I've tried too many times to count.  Never once gotten a return from a single mistletoe.

Archived