Best way to get hide?

JoeyFromArk

Best way I find in farming hide and meat without doing much.. I created an anti-bronto defense system on my base as i dont have walls cause i find them ugly (this is to stop brontos from destroying my greenhouse). So I have 3 centipedes on turret aggressive mode. I have 6 rexes, 4 270ish levels and 2 lowbies had them on follow on my centis but are also set to aggressive mode. they farm for me 24/7 I only have to come get them unstuck every now and then on my own structures. But damn they collect meat and hide quite easily and sooo much i get encumbered on hides every time i clear there inventories out. i clear them every 2 or 3 days. Oh, I have 550 weight on my own char as well.

On 5/27/2017 at 0:04 PM, JoeyFromArk said:

To get hide I usually use a therizino and kill brontos. Is there a better way?

Theri is the best option. Level up delicate harvesting and melee, and use the bite attack. On my x3 gather server, I get around 500 hide per dino, and 1K+ for brontos. Imprinted theris will gather even more hide.

We make a "Slaughterhouse". Its just a small pen (3x3) with upwards sloped ramps on the walls to create a funnel into the pen and a dino gate. Every time we come back to the base we pick up a dino and drop it in the pen where we usually have 3 Sabertooths waiting on aggressive. You could leave your Theri's in there instead. Check the sabertooths once in a while and you get hide, meat, chitin, etc. based on whatever you drop in there. It adds up fast and I get a kick out of seeing how fast the sabers kill whatever is dropped in. It also helps level up your sabertooths without much work on your part.

On 5/29/2017 at 0:02 AM, YJMark said:

Just curious - what do you need so much hide for?  My Theri is leveled in power harvesting, and I still have too much hide....I just throw it away now...

high quality saddles. my asc rex saddle costs nearly 10k hide each.

Also, idk why people are suggesting sabers for hide, lol. There are many much better options before theriz.

Archived