This isn't early access anymore... some bugs are unacceptable.

AnguisRex

As i write this, I am furious. Angry enough to make an account to come here and voice my frustrations. SE was a buggy mess, but it was always 'Early Access' and we knew it was basically a paid Beta. SA was supposed to be a finished product. So why the hell can't it so much as SAVE YOUR PROGRESS. I have lost hours of single player time, including a full imp'd Carcha that now hasn't even been bred yet. And this is AFTER using the 'Saveworld' console command. When i opened the game after work today, i was at the bottom of the ocean. My Rhynio was at the surface, to far to call down and i had no scuba because i wasn't free diving. Their are posts on the forum over a month old and still no damned fix. This game is far to unforgiving for this JV crap to happen.

I used the console command, then i used the start menu to exit to main menu, closed the app and turned off my xbox like i always do. I took every step i could to curb this nonsense but to no avail. This isn't a finished product and the Devs have no right to demand payment for it. How can you expect us to shell out more money for Ark 2 when you can't even provide the games we've already paid you for.

And for anyone who's about to comment something like 'but muh pvp', don't bother. I paid for a product that i have yet to receive (that being a completed, market ready game) and that's all that's relevant. I wasted half my day off on something that apparently never happened.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Facepalm 2

they used an old build , maybe even an older early access build of ark ase to port into the new engine, so we have all those bugs again that where previously fixed.

and about muh pvp, i play pvp and i fear for the day they open transfers, i randomly crash when my game has to render vegetation so i cant even help defending.

12 hours ago, AnguisRex said:

As i write this, I am furious. Angry enough to make an account to come here and voice my frustrations. SE was a buggy mess, but it was always 'Early Access' and we knew it was basically a paid Beta. SA was supposed to be a finished product.

ASA was not always EA, it had been in full production for a few years. If you weren't happy with the quality of ASE the question you should ask yourself is why you gave money to the same company that had already produced a product you were that unhappy with. Don't get me wrong, the rollout of ASE has been terrible, sub-standard and unprofessional, but that's exactly what you should have expected. When you support a bad company buy buying their product, who's fault is that?

59 minutes ago, UDGxKnight said:

You seem to be confused but ASA is in fact back to being considered Early Access. Not sure how you missed that one 

Its early access because early access is a dev buzz word to throw out in an attempt to quell angry consumers when your game is a buggy unfinished mess that cant make its release date.

The Forest 2 is an actual early access game that released in a bare bones state and has had a ton of content added since release. The "Early access" tag for ASA is nothing more than a facade.

A game thats actually in "early access" doesnt have a dlc map 2 months later.

Edited by St1ckyBandit
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Your frustration is understandable. We were made to believe that ASA would be fresh new code, so the old issues would not have been ported. When announced, ASA was not said to be "early acces" again, that frase was later intruduced. I'm still baffled with the ammount of people that (tried to) jump in blind at launch, we all could and should have known better and sofar I have no regrets of not getting ASA.

Unfortunatly ~100k people did so they do get away with it.
Sad side effect is that this forum is turned to a never ending rant from dissatiffied users of wich many not even understand the difference between ASE, ASA and ARK2.

5 hours ago, UDGxKnight said:

You seem to be confused but ASA is in fact back to being considered Early Access. Not sure how you missed that one 

Indeed it is but imo it is WC (and you) that is confused. ASA was supposed to be BETTER than ASE. The "back to the beginning" was supposed to mean "start fresh on the first map" instead of "start fresh with every bug we fixed and more".

• Like 3

You mean the crashing every hour isn't part of the game features? WELL SHOOT NOW I'M UPSET TOO.

From the Steam works Early access Faq.

When will these games release?

Its up to the developer to determine when they are ready to 'release'. Some developers have a concrete deadline in mind, while others will get a better sense as the development of the game progresses. You should be aware that some teams will be unable to 'finish' their game. So you should only buy an Early Access game if you are excited about playing it in its current state.

The "Some teams will be unable to finish their game." portion makes steam sound like it's perpetuating scams since it's obviously people are paying for things that will never get completed. 

They had promised before asa that they would do better, and that the new engine would help them. Then they did the same exact things they've always done. It's really frustrating.

I guess I lucked out? The xbox series X seams to be the best bet. It works fine, except for the save issue, and I just use the console commands.

• Volunteer Moderator
36 minutes ago, ZombiejesusX said:

They had promised before asa that they would do better, and that the new engine would help them. Then they did the same exact things they've always done. It's really frustrating.

I guess I lucked out? The xbox series X seams to be the best bet. It works fine, except for the save issue, and I just use the console commands.

SImilar experience. I don't play single player but I haven't had the game dashboard a single time since release. 

On 1/11/2024 at 4:58 PM, ZombiejesusX said:

Yup, they lied, it's their standard MO.

Fool the players once, shame on WC, fool the players 1,322 times, shame on the players who still believe them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Im new to game ark ascended was my first game.  I lost everything last night including my dino for no reason.  I looked it up, apparantly its been bug since the older game, anti mesh.  I wasnt even meshin or anything (official) just landed on ground cause fog then poof instant death to argy 1 min later me too.  Cant even recover my stuff.  Really put sour taste in my mouth that somethin like this gone so long where its unsafe to even touch ground.

15 hours ago, kahiko said:

Im new to game ark ascended was my first game.  I lost everything last night including my dino for no reason.  I looked it up, apparantly its been bug since the older game, anti mesh.  I wasnt even meshin or anything (official) just landed on ground cause fog then poof instant death to argy 1 min later me too.  Cant even recover my stuff.  Really put sour taste in my mouth that somethin like this gone so long where its unsafe to even touch ground.

First, welcome to the community.
I'm genualy interested what made you buy ASA inspite of all the controversy. As you might have seen by now the community is kind of divided on ASA and to be fair the discussion if it was all hype or not started straight from the first announcements.

• Like 1

Oh please. The "early access" tag is an excuse to justify all the bugs and issues that are still going on. "HERRRR well guys we are technically in early access...". Give me a break. These are issues that plagued the game in 2015 and onward. Nothing new to see here. Just a perfect scapegoat word for things.

The most infuriating thing with ASA right now is the unreal lag, server crashes, and server time outs on official. Either admit that the game even with the much hyped unreal engine, cant handle the plethora of big bases and baby dinos folks have out, OR the server provider is absolute trash and you need a new host..

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MMaas said:

First, welcome to the community.
I'm genualy interested what made you buy ASA inspite of all the controversy. As you might have seen by now the community is kind of divided on ASA and to be fair the discussion if it was all hype or not started straight from the first announcements.

I didnt know anything bout game.  I love taming pets a coworker been ark player since beginning they got me into game.  So ascended was my first game in series and i got on not knowing a single thing bout game.  And thank you ^^.

• Thanks 1

I run my own dedicated server with ASA as I did with ASE! I'm on PC my girl is on XBOX! I only ever crash if I'm using discord to stream, and I'm flying around on my Argy. I have had my client run for days lol days and no crashing My server only gets updated and rebooted 1s every 1 to 3 weeks depending on updates mainly. I also have never had a Save issue ever! My server uses cheat saveworld and then cheat quit! This is how it is supposed to be done! Most of these issues to me seem to be user error! Most of this stuff is normal UE stuff!

• Haha 1

If you are logging into your server and use command line to login as admin, you can use cheat worldsave command to force a world save before turning the server off to make a save at that moment! You should always do this before shutting down a server. If you just shut the server down then you may only have the last save and the server really only saves every 15 to 30 min or what ever you have its save and backup intervals set to, may even be every hour or 2! I always login and force world save just to be safe, it saves a lot of head aches and never fails!

• Thanks 1

I feel like we have been conned into buying ark ascended as it is not what they say it would be and i feel like its a massive downgrade from ark evolved

the only improovments to the game i can see is the meat last longer in fridges and trophs and the building materials can be picked up everything else is a massive downgrade

Not enough meat on server to feed 10 tribes never mind 70 tribes

lots of dino can not be tamed like rhynio tuso equas and any dino that needs you to bring dead fish to it

floating dinos that diisapear

Timers on fertilized eggs are a massive inconveiniance and get stolen from your base as the our bases dont render in untill the eggs are stolen

Timers timers and more timers waiting arround with nothing to do in game

The trees grass and fuana look and feel like a massive downgrade from ark evolved as now nothing can be seen in the grass or in the forest

The killed dinos we kill for food just fly away someware after they are killed making it even more impossible to get food to feed our own dinos

I could go on for ever showing every down grade from ark evolved there is that many

devs create more bugs than they can fix

Not enough resorces or food on the map for 70 tribes 1 megalacoros gives 8 meat 1 troodon gives you 2 meat plesasurus gives no meat just hide many dinos need there meat increased by 20 times or the rates need to be higher

Game crashes and wild cards punish everyone for the ingame dupers instead of punishing just the dupers as thats easyer for wild card to punish everyone as they have not got the compitance to just punish the dupers

what is your assesment of this downgraded game ark decended not ascended

• Facepalm 2