Crypods for Official Pve ...

Legitarkplayer23

WILDCARD NO. What? Offical pve is already rough enough with people leaving spam builds everywhere and now you're going to promote people putting little cryo shacks ALL OVER THE MAP. Like could you guys once try to do something that makes official pve better for people that don't like to play like greedy children??? Seriously....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Sad 1

I'm not a fan of players being able to throw out pocket gigas in the middle of a fight, but the changes they made to prevent this tactic are horrendous.

All they had to do was employ an automatic 1 or 2 minute cryo sleep when unpodding a dino. That way a player cant panic throw their giga out when getting attacked.

The whole benefit of cryos was being able to freely pod and unpod your dinos while doing your little missions around the map. This change kills that completely. 

Good job WC. Further proof you guys suck at game development and have no clue how to police your own game.

Edited by St1ckyBandit
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• Volunteer Moderator
  • Cryopod can only be released within range of an "activated" cryofridge (set to 3500 currently)

That just about destroys the entire reason to have them. Just build a dumb dino barn at this point where everything that walks into it is in 'stasis'. If that's the mechanic, this is easier to implement and makes more sense. 

Edited by Joebl0w13
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

• Volunteer Moderator

For people that haven't seen the changes:

• Cryopod and Cryofridge are now level 50 unlockable Engrams
  • When a Cryofridge is placed, they take 5 minutes to "activate"
  • Cryopod can only be released within range of an "activated" cryofridge (set to 3500 currently)
  • PVP Only: Cryopod can not be released if there are enemies nearby (set to 3500 currently)
  • Dinos cannot be cryopodded if damaged within 60 seconds
  • Dino's mating cooldown will now tick down correctly within a cryopod
  • Sad 2

I wish wildcard would just listen to the people giving them money and actually wanting to play the game instead of just doing whatever they want cause this new change to auto decay has resulted in the surrounding area of my base 15 ish foundations away any non main buildings got completely destroyed now I’ve gotta worry about logging on to a base circled in gates and I won’t be able to use cryo pods to free Dino’s out of base 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Joebl0w13 said:

So, will this range stay "forever" on 3500range to cryochamber? Because that means we will still have many dinos inside Caves getting stuck and blocking the way....  maybe you should turn it to the old way on PvE so we don´t have a cave full of tamed dinos

Maybe this cryopod change helps pvp, but it sure kills the enjoyment of pve gameplay.  Why ruin something that works well. We are now going to see cryofridges with the pillars all over the map, just so people can throw their Dino out?  It makes no sense, it’s actually quite funny but sad at same time.  I have often used a cryo just to save myself from getting stuck in a tame Dino, good luck now.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LocoNaarf said:

nerfed pods, lowered structure limit, ... the aim for fewer players^^

not exactly aiming for fewer players although a-amount of players will quit playing for sure.
but aiming to reduce the number on official servers and driving players to private servers where they can have all the features that got removed or drastically reduced in ASA (over time since it went live).
reduced render distance, reduced tame limit, reduced structure liimit, dino spawns seem to be reduced as well in either amount or frequency - all that you can have again if you rent a server from nitrado leaving official behind.

or leave ARK behind for good. I know that's the hardest to do once you're into it. i'm struggling myself to get it accomplished. that said the above is free of sarcasm but a good portion of salt.

Edited by Kizmiaz
  • Thanks 1

I usually scoff everytime pvp players complain about something, since its their meta game that affects the rest of us, but not this time. This is just plain stupid on Wildcards part. What exactly is the point of cryopods, if you can only use them within "range" of a fridge? i cannot, as a tamer/breeder, imagine having to build fridges all over the island just to be able to use a basic part of the game.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Noricha said:

Why ruin something that works well. We are now going to see cryofridges with the pillars all over the map, just so people can throw their Dino out?

Maybe yes, but it won't be possible everywhere due to PillarSpam already present. Instead I am inclined to believe that platform saddles and obviously rafts will be more used, certainly my next goal has just shifted to finding a Quetz and a Paracer (when the time comes I will see if they also work on a Plesiosaur) .

PS: as others have already said, the problem of the Dinos growing up inside the caves will remain.

Personal Note: I preferred the concept of NOT introducing Cryopods because it led to a REASONED and STUDIED way of taming and breeding. IT IS BELIEVED THAT WITH THE AVAILABLE CRYOPODS THE PROBLEM OF THE LIMIT OF TAMES IN THE SERVER (and performance) WILL BE SOLVED BUT INSTEAD THIS WILL MAKE THE SITUATION FURTHER WORSE SINCE NOW IT WILL ALSO BE POSSIBLE TO EXCEED THE LIMIT OF TAMES PER TRIBE (?), IF IT WORKS AS AN ASE, WE WILL SEE PEOPLE WITH MORE THAN 250 DINOS TO BE ABLE TO ENSURE THEY HATCH EGGS BY REMOVING SOME OF THEM ONLY AT THE TIME OF HATCHING, AND THEN TAKE THEM OUT SO YOU CAN PROTECT YOURSELF FROM THE SERVER LIMIT. This applies even if WC introduced the block for Cryopods to cross the Tribe limit, and in any case it does not solve the problem of having 250 Dinos out for Breed, they will still be there both with Cryopods and without Cryopods. Ultimately I am also more inclined to believe that the idea of a "stasis stall" is much better, it would help both with breeding and with Server performance.

Edited by CervantesMor

8 hours ago, Noricha said:

Why ruin something that works well. We are now going to see cryofridges with the pillars all over the map, just so people can throw their Dino out?

33 minutes ago, Countrydude89 said:

i cannot, as a tamer/breeder, imagine having to build fridges all over the island just to be able to use a basic part of the game.

...ah and, remind us that the structures can be placed and collected as many times as we want, as well as the trap structures, now you only need to travel with a single Criofridge and two foundations...

• Thanks 1

This is going to be annoying for anything related to water dinos.

You basically have to unpod right at the surface, and currently, water dinos like to beach themselves all the time.

Anywhere else and you're out of range. Tek vacuum chamber in your water pen with a fridge you say? Well that beaches your dinos too :)

I think they just opened a can of worms.  How will caves be done now?  Can you still cryo your fat Megatherium so you can get through a narrow space?  Or maybe you’d like to switch to a bat to get over lava or use a Sinomacrops but now your cryofridge is out range because your platform quetz, brontosaurus etc. isn’t close enough and someone has already claimed the cave with their cryofridge. 

On 12/13/2023 at 9:33 AM, Noricha said:

I think they just opened a can of worms.  How will caves be done now?  Can you still cryo your fat Megatherium so you can get through a narrow space?  Or maybe you’d like to switch to a bat to get over lava or use a Sinomacrops but now your cryofridge is out range because your platform quetz, brontosaurus etc. isn’t close enough and someone has already claimed the cave with their cryofridge. 

You'll have to approach caves as intended.

Cryopods didn't exist for a long time after caves were made, so an opening too small for a megatherium was designed to force you to use small dinos.

Edited by Scheneighnay

2 hours ago, Scheneighnay said:

You'll have to approach caves as intended.

Cryopods didn't exist for a long time after caves were made, so an opening too small for a megatherium was designed to force you to use small dinos.

Indeed every DLC in ASE added to the progression, so there was literally years of game design where the tech/dino tiers was designed in accordance with the map.  You do not need anything from later DLC to progress on the island, the map was in fact not even designed for that - the later DLC just made the island game OP when everyone started teleporting back with their stuff.

The game was not rendered unplayable for years just because that later DLC had not been even thought of yet.   It literally is in the name of the series Evolved - every DLC was another evolution in the game tech.  Learn to adapt - it is the fundamental goal of every DLC.

• Like 2

On 12/12/2023 at 4:43 PM, St1ckyBandit said:

I'm not a fan of players being able to throw out pocket gigas in the middle of a fight, but the changes they made to prevent this tactic are horrendous.

All they had to do was employ an automatic 1 or 2 minute cryo sleep when unpodding a dino. That way a player cant panic throw their giga out when getting attacked.

The whole benefit of cryos was being able to freely pod and unpod your dinos while doing your little missions around the map. This change kills that completely. 

Good job WC. Further proof you guys suck at game development and have no clue how to police your own game.

This is about pve 

If you go out and spot a Dino you want to tame, will you have to bring a cryofridge with you so you can cryo it?  Or do you have to walk your new pet miles to get home, all in all it’s going to be inconvenient.  Unfortunately platform saddles will not work with the cryofridge,  so the Dino’s with these saddles still won’t get used much.

Edited by Noricha
  • Facepalm 1

ohohoh here a Paracer Ascending Platform Saddle fell from the sky <B I really think that my Paracer 192 that I had captured to have Rhynio parasitized has just found its pastime until I find a level 120 - 150 female Rhynio , probably in the meantime I will have found another Paracer 135 - 150 (hoping to have everything needed to satisfy the embryo's cravings, a difficult task for me as a soloist). Well at this point today I'm going to do a quick spin to see if I can find a Quetz (I haven't seen any yet since I started ASA) if not I'll put two beds and a fridge on the Paracer and fly it with my super Rhynio level 3 to go and recover the four Yuti and the Mammhut that I captured these days 3000m away. Let's be clear: I liked NOT having Cryopods and I don't cry like a baby over Nerfing Rhynio (which didn't even exist on the original ARK Island), but the new pathfinding AI is really disastrous and it's really frustrating to succeed to make even a single Dino follow you a few meters away, let alone bring a Mammhut from the snowy area to the Redwood Swamp where I live, I raised a level 3 Rhynio (yes level 3, born from a lvl 25 Diplodocus with a lvl 20 Rhynio, without care for the embryo) just to go and recover them, the introduction of Cryopod will reduce the necessary trips BALANCING THE NERF TO THE RHYNIO ;)