Community Crunch 381: Sunsets on ASE, New Horizons on ASA and FAQ

StudioWildcard

1 minute ago, Vaskur said:

I don´t know. some of these people seem to live in a different timeline...

To be fair, al lot of them weren't around during the pre-extinction times. WC said that tools and buildings are going  to be released based on the maps they came from, meaning the TEK Transponder is obviously going to be available to everyone as soon as they defeat the boss required to unlock it. It mat not be on par as fitting a dinosaur in your pocket, but at least its the next best thing when it comes to storing the creatures you don't need, AND you can use it to transfer them over to whatever map unlocks next as soon as it's released. But do these children care (Not being insulting when I'm calling the children, I'm calling them what they most likely are)? No, they just to have all the tools they used to bully people on official just like they could in ASE. They want to be lazy and brute force their way through "all the hard parts" instead of be made to think things through.

Personally I'm glad we won't have Cryo-pods right away, means I can relive the genuine ARK experience again along with a few extra layers of problem solving. I get to see the old strategies employed prior to the release of SE, and even some new ones with the added fact that all the voted creatures native to The Island will be roaming about and thus can be used to aid with survival. I get to see new takes on plans using said new creatures, constructing bases in ways that weren't possible in the early days of ARK. this ties in well with the speed nerf, Yeah I'll be leveling speed anyway in unofficial but in single player or if I ever decide to give official a chance in ASA I'll be glad that I have an excuse to tame the smaller mounts.

These were all good changes, and I welcome them. Now if only Immersive Taming would get ported over like Ark Additions is (or at least a mod that does the same thing). Then this game would get a solid 10/10 from me.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

4 hours ago, thelegendarydodo said:

All those bootlicker comments and WildCard sugarcoating the plug pull make me cringe :|

At least now on Single Player I have peace, space, mods and no decay times. As a solo PVE player I could use this retirement.

By the time I'm done with ASE a few years will have passed after the launch of ASA (not so sure about Ark 2) and there'll be much content online to check if either is worth purchasing.

The only problem with single player is it quite often crashes when you try to log off, and then when you come back you’ve lost half an hour of game play.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Noricha said:

The only problem with single player is it quite often crashes when you try to log off, and then when you come back you’ve lost half an hour of game play.

I don't play singleplayer, but I've heard from those that do that you should always use the "saveworld" command before logging out or transferring to prevent losing progress.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Noricha said:

As someone who plays nothing but singleplayer the only time I've often crashed when logging out is either because my computer couldn't handle running ark for long periods of time, my save was corrupted somehow. Using the saveworld command before logging off can help with that : .

Now onto some ASA questions.

Will transponders actually work on single player?

And, will dinos load in before buildings? Because I'd really love to have dinos wandering around & not have to risk them getting out of a walled in area because they load in before the walls do.

Edit. Removed some un-needed spaces.

Edited by TheTwistedKeeper
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

Yes, that 'saveworld' is/was a singleplayer savior. Hoping the new ASE will have that little quirk fixed so single player runs just as well (or should run better not being multilinked or net connected) than the server games.

As to no Cryos for a little while - yes they are not deleted completely, just not added yet - we will all essentially be starting at level 1 on day 1 so wont be running out to breed gigas any time soon. Hopefully in a month when we are up to the bigger stuff they will add them in. I also hope they will speed up the normal base breeding and raising times because, yes, most of us are adults (though some fail to act like it) and we do have lives and work and kids and things and simply cannot sit for 12 hours straight raising a pixel kid. I'm all for realism and game play as it was intended but that was a ridiculous expectation for a game to set in the first place.

Edited by Mysfytt
speling
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Not happy about the complete disabling of movement speed on official.

This feels like another decision that only takes into account the PvP aspect, just like the flyer speed nerf way back when.

I get that movement can be an issue on PvP, but we’ve already seen a huge movement nerf with flyers having it disabled and levelling of land tames and players being slashed in half.

perhaps do something about swamp fever instead with its movement speed increase that doesn’t really make sense, or nerf/disable speed levelling specifically on PvP if the people over there are still winging about it, but there’s no need to punish us PvE players with eternal slow running everywhere 

• Thanks 3

4 hours ago, TheTrueSpider said:

This feels like another decision that only takes into account the PvP aspect, just like the flyer speed nerf way back when.

Why do many pve players always blame pvp for changes they dislike? Flyer speed nerf had its pros for pve too. Pve does not equal easy mode or creative mode. There are meant to be challenges. This general speed nerf now isnt necessarily a reaction only to issues that came up in pvp. Could very well be that the devs want you to rely more on dinos to get around and survive. Its a dino game after all.

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, TheTrueSpider said:

perhaps do something about swamp fever instead with its movement speed increase that doesn’t really make sense

I always found it kinda funny. Back when I was doing official pvp with my friends my second passtime after making maze bases filled with useless junk to sap resources was intentionally getting myself infected so I could try and suicide charge into people’s bases to infect them. Since my character at the time was a small gnarled goblin of a thing pumped to the gills with nothing but speed (now made faster by the sickness) and health I was a pain to pin down unless the other tribe had turrets and had enough health to soak up decent damage. I died a lot in those days but every person that received the blessing of nurgle more than made up for it

Edited by CosmicSkeleton
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

I always found it kinda funny. Back when I was doing official pvp with my friends my second passtime after making maze bases filled with useless junk to sap resources was intentionally getting myself infected so I could try and suicide charge into people’s bases to infect them. Since my character at the time was a small gnarled goblin of a thing pumped to the gills with nothing but speed (now made faster by the sickness) and health I was a pain to pin down unless the other tribe had turrets and had enough health to soak up decent damage. I died a lot in those days but every person that received the blessing of nurgle more than made up for it

I was the idiot running around naked, "donating" infected dodo's through every open window I could, with that wooden wall that always got knocked down close to beginners beach...
Hilarious to see half of the new players always running aroung coughing 😹

• Volunteer Moderator
4 hours ago, acat said:

Why do many pve players always blame pvp for changes they dislike? Flyer speed nerf had its pros for pve too. Pve does not equal easy mode or creative mode. There are meant to be challenges. This general speed nerf now isnt necessarily a reaction only to issues that came up in pvp. Could very well be that the devs want you to rely more on dinos to get around and survive. Its a dino game after all.

The flyer nerf was more of a PVE driven nerf than anything. 

You could zip across the entire map in seconds, never stopping for stam. It made the game world very small and not dangerous at all. 

That was one change that clipped the PVPers, not the other way around. 

• Like 1

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, MMaas said:

I was the idiot running around naked, "donating" infected dodo's through every open window I could, with that wooden wall that always got knocked down close to beginners beach...
Hilarious to see half of the new players always running aroung coughing 😹

The funny old days. Dropping wild dinos into bases using flyers in PVE lol Good times. 

• Like 2

On 9/29/2023 at 6:06 PM, jiaosediushi said:

Please tell us, what is the price of asa, and whether we old players need to pay a high fee to own him. We were on the island map just now, and 70 players felt that we were being treated as idiots by you.

I think the wiki said it would be like 44.99$ but it comes with every DLC

On 10/4/2023 at 12:54 AM, Mike585x said:

I don't play singleplayer, but I've heard from those that do that you should always use the "saveworld" command before logging out or transferring to prevent losing progress.

So far I haven't experienced any crashes other than the physics engine crashes when destroying other bases I got from the server save. After I cleaned up the map it was all fine.