Community Crunch 360: Community Creature Vote Reveal, ASA Comparison, and More!

StudioWildcard

14 minutes ago, Vaskur said:

Herbivores would be more popular, if the useful ones that we´ve already got wouldn´t have the downside of being incredibly slow and unfun to use for anything outside their dedicated utility 

Having better fire resistance isn't enough? And high? Gallimimus is stated in the dossier to be faster than speed tamed raptors... and is a three seater. just because a creature isn't a copy paste "fast giga killer" doesn't mean it's boring. I find it more boring that each and every carnivore is basically the same... with the only "different thing" being that "This one flies" or "This one's really big"... Eight meat eaters in a row (and yes, I'm counting Omnivores because they are effectively the same thing) has made me and many others lose taste for them, it's time for something else to win for a change, something that ONLY eats the leafy green stuff.

while i'm fine with the winner being fasa, i feel like herbis need more spotlight tbh. I was really hoping ledu would win or at least get high on the votes but of course it was the least voted.. I would LOVE to see an apex herbi or just any at all really, to me i feel like they have the capability of having more uses than carnivores

Edited by absents
  • Like 3

While Fasolasuchus wasn't one of my top picks, I'm glad it was not Giga #3 (Maip) that won. I'm actually ok that the fasolasuchus won. I'm just hoping it's not just a PVP juggernaut and actually has utility role like how the anky does.

Poor Giant Moa bird though. I guess no one likes the idea of a scorched earth version of the ostrich.

• Like 2

Vote was so close! My little bird boy Gigantoraptor almost won!

Really happy with the results though, the comments are complaining about "yet another carnivore", but I think an animal like Fasolasuchus has a ton of potential. And hey, being 2nd place really puts you up on WildCard's radar!

Hoping to see a potential WC's choice for this vote. Lots of the higher voted concepts are things that'd both fit super well into Scorched Earth, and would really improve the game!

Cool tree. Still not buying ASA for a variety of reasons. And even though most of the naysayers have left this website, you can still see the utter loathing for your recent decisions on steam forums and all over the internet. And I can see you're not interested in changing your tone at all, so I'm probably gonna dip out after this community crunch as well.

But I'm not trying to be negative for negativity's sake, I really have enjoyed Ark and I'm trying to give constructive feedback. But ignoring the larger community is not going to work well for you. I unfortunately expect ASA and Ark 2 to backfire unless you change something. There have been plenty of suggestions to save face and earn back the community's trust offered to you, and I think it would only be redundant to repeat them here.

Until then, goodbye Ark, goodbye Wildcard, my friends and I will keep playing unofficial or single player, but I don't know anyone at all in person who has actual plans to buy ASA. And those interested in Ark 2 have been turned off as well because of these recent decisions... myself included. You've lost trust in a lot of people, and I think that's the most important thing a company like yours can have. I expected plenty of bugs and delays, but I at least trusted you to try to fix those, come out with a fun product, and try to respect the people who keep you in business. But now, you don't have my trust at all, and I can't trust you enough to ever buy further products from you. 

Heck look at the steam charts, you've lost 20k players in just a few months.

Anyhoo, enjoy your new landcroc, peace out my bros.

Edited by scubadivingmaui7
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Can we get some support for the moa?!? It would have been such an interesting addition to the game, and is already available ( our at least a smaller moa is) for the pc guys as a mod creature from atlas. Maybe they'll add it on their own if we keep talking about it. Although I guess we can add whatever mod creatures we want once ASA comes out and console players can use mods, whenever that happens.

• Like 3

Really enjoying watching the devs slowly dismantle there long build up of the original and loyal community  memebers that gave you there hard earned cash.

And now we get the big SLAP most of us were prepared and seen comming.

Ark has been dieing for about 2 awfully slow years.

So most loyal memebrs new the inevitable was gonna come and we truly aren't to upset about it.

It's just how you brainless devs have dropped everything on us. You say things and then retract the statement or just blaitly don't say anything at all 

Lets be honest here wild card is prolly going broke

They seem to struggle with just getting out (CONCEPT) drawings.

I don't hope to see the game get back on two feet I'd greatly enjoy from a distance watching this game implode on you goofy devs.🫡

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Vesdied said:

Whilst I do agree with this to some degree, I feel like most ark players are gravitated twords carnivores due to mass media like Jurassic Park making them out to be bloodthirsty awesome bro monsters. People forget that herbivores can be equally as amazing. Need I mention hippos, elephants, and rhinos? Banning them completely is a bit irrational though.

i think banning them is gonna be a little too far, but i think encouraging us to go with herbivores is what would be more likely. I was betwenn fasalo and the prosauropod dude (not gonna try to remember its name). glad that one of them made it tho i did prefer the Maevia. all I want is the platform saddle because we need more of those. I think like you said people think of what we see in pop culture such as jw, where carnivores are the big monsters and herbivores kinda exist and be.. idk. I would lik eto see more herbivores. A while back someone said this and quoted helena, something along the lines of "In a normal ecosystem there are twice as much herbivores as there are predators, but here there are twice as many predatores [something along the lines of artificially maintained ecosystem]" but now I feel like we really do need more herbivores. I hope they do what theyve done in the past where I guess wildcard internally votes for a second creature and we get another one. Thats how we got the sino and the carchar, so I hope we get something like that where we get either the giganotiraptor (suprised how far it got) or the maevia

Edited by StrandedAndStoopid
  • Like 1

I'm SO HAPPY that the Jumper spider didn't win, I'm sad that the Gorgonops or Gigantoraptor didn't win, but Falso was in my top 4 (I chanced the Miap). But this thing looks like a descendent of the magmasaur, I hope this thing is as strong as a magma or has a platform saddle or has a special ability or can bury itself in sand.  Anyway, this creature will be awesome, we need more lizards. The last one we had was the Magmasaur and the one before that was the Megalania that doesn't fly or glide, not counting drakes, wyverns, dinosaurs or synapsids (mammal-like reptiles) as lizards, a new lizard will do us good.

As for ASA, I'm excited!!!! I was mad when it was first announced to be a different game, but I was still gonna buy it(and partially resent it), no resentment now. I am mad at ppl who ditched the game because of servers closing or the game having a price, I understand pve players with all the work you is gonna be destroyed, I've dealt with it in other games. But Ark 1 has ran a good life of 8 years. I've watched since early access in 2015 being played by the Gaming Beaver and Poet Plays and played since official release in 2017. But it is time to wave off ark 1 and tame many Sky Giga and look toward the horizon of ASA and Ark 2. ASA will be a better Ark with all the same stuff but have better detail and new tames. I will buy ASA and play it and learn the new style of ASA survival.

Edited by OverRannus
  • Like 1

Okay not what I expected but at least the faso is something different.  I personally would have liked to seen the moa,  I mean a giant prehistoric ostrich in the desert?  C’mon that’s goes together like Snailgames and cheating.  Oops did I say that?  Ok the tree is definitely a nice change from old to new, but for crying in the mud we are 3 months from ASA launch, supposedly.  We had more idea of the stuff we we’re getting in Gen 2 at 3 months out than we do FOR AN ENTIRE GAME REMASTERING!!!  So far we have a creature vote, a tree in UR5 compared to UR4 and a difference supply drop design, 3 MONTHS FROM LAUNCH OF ASA!!  Hell we had screen shots, trailers and content that was being put into Gen 2 at this point.  Better grab the gear and dump the clutch on these reveals WC, because the longer you take the more community you loose that will be that much harder to get back.  The server population is scarse at best right now, the want to log in and refresh things or even play for any length of time isn’t there.  We definitely need more on the plate than little morsels of stuff.  Time to drop a top sirloin steak on the plate Wildcard.  There’s nothing to be secretive about, we all know what ASA is, what’s waiting for us and what the game is going to entail.  We just been through 8 years of ASE, ASA is just upgraded.  Get us hyped up, get us to WANT to go out and do what we have to get it.  Give us a real teaser leaving us foaming at the mouth for more, and sorry a tree is cool but kinda falls a couple yards short of our gaming tickle spot and is more or less disappointing.

Now here’s some things I’d like to see (and probably a few more of us):

New building materials/structures/mechanics trailer 

Useless creatures get a use again (flyer speed, herbivore self-defense etc)

Complete separate balances for PvP and PvE, FROM THE START!

Fixing bugs associated with different weapons and tools

Making some engrams learnable on all maps(incubator, whips, net gun, unstable element)

Also being transfer timers were instituted to combat cheating, which should not be needed if there really is a viable anti-cheat system in place.  So GET RID OF THE DANG TIMERS! 
Also let us be able to start boss fights through the transmitter.

Thats just the top of my list, there’s more I’d like to see get fixed but that’s at the top.  The biggest thing is Wildcard, ya guys gotta get something out regarding ASA be it gameplay, screenshots or content that makes us wanting more and can’t wait to get our hands on this upgrade.  Don’t disappoint us WC, it’s do or die for you guys.

• Thanks 1

They never, and I say never have said anything about fixing the game ruining bugs on ASA, all they release is concept art? I mean graphics are coll, but I would rather have the same graphics, and have a game that is playable, rather than the other way around. The tree is nice though, I do have to say that. Also props to yall who proposed the 1 carno vote, 1 herbivore vote, I really love that idea, though no one's voice matters anymore. 

Who thinks that the gameplay trailer at launch, is just a way of saying, oh yay we will just push back the release date. 

Anyways, I finally gave up on the game I love the most, I'm still probably going to get ASA, but I'm finally done with ASE, PLAYING IS USELESS. Only a few more months left on the game that got me through a lot of hard times. Rip ark.

Hopefully wc does so.ething about the moa though, and changes the entire voting system, I don't really like it, and possibly giving the voting a 2fa of some sort. My idea would be to vote you have to input the code on one of your specimens implant. Your implant should be specific to your account, it would be a great idea, and ark could use that data to make a mobile app, or stat tracker. Not the absolute crappy ark mobile, that game is awful.

If only wc would make clear what ASA really is, is UT just better graphics, or is it better altogether. I also don't like that they are hiding it be behind a console, not everyone has a next Gen. Not everyone has the money either.