Community Crunch 177: Eggcellent Adventure Returns Tomorrow!

StudioWildcard

I'm curious on the turret changes.  I am not against improved tracking.

I'd say something else to fix is the quetzal platform / paracer platform builds which avoid being attacked by turrets. Players claim its not against TOS, and it has become the new meta for attacking bases.

Sure - you can build against it, albeit extremely inconveniently. A player needs only waste a little metal building a quetzal platform which allows him to fly into a base full of turrets un-hit so a player can then place C4 and they both back out unscathed to blow it.  I am sure the devs have seen this plenty of times.  I can't fathom its intended behavior, and I always applaud ingenuity for the most.  On my old server we had some guys with a paracer build which could approach any base un-hit by turrets, so I am a little annoyed at how much they used it.  Why wouldn't you?  It's a free-win especially if nobody is online. 

23 minutes ago, ArkP1 said:

Yeah, I get that. Without regard to your post (which seemed polite and sincere), I prefer to leave WC’s perspective to WC. 

A lot of discourse occurs here as a result of members trying to speak for WC, especially those that criticize others for making suggestions or expressing their desire for fixes or improvements in the game. Again, nothing to do with your post, just something I think some other members of the community should keep in mind. 

I think you should keep in mind that Wildcard have clarified their reasoning so to suggest otherwise is a pointless exercise.

Good Job Wildcard... Industrial Cooker was the greatest news. We've been waiting forever for that fix. How many more times are you planning on nerfing the managmar before giving the poor dino a buff? Nobody wants to use it as is now. You might as well remove it from the game at this point to try to improve official server lag.

14 hours ago, EazyLee69 said:

Take this event and stick it up your rear ends we wanted a breeding boost like you've given EVERY EASTER typical wildcard disappointing the player base again, not even worth logging in for. Becoming a really boring joke this now all this time and you guys still have server issues meshing issues dinos glitching people falling through floors people losing players and the list goes on! Now you're taking the boosts away we look forward to every year.

Screw you wildcard, i hope you guys are better in the bedroom than you are at developing games, otherwise you may very well still be a virgin because you're doing it all wrong

GIVE US A REASON TO PLAY YOUR DAMN GAME! because my entire library is more appealing than ark at the moment

Wow how ungreatful are some people valentines breeding event wasn’t that long ago Jesus 

1 hour ago, SaltyMonkey said:

I think you should keep in mind that Wildcard have clarified their reasoning so to suggest otherwise is a pointless exercise.

You should keep in mind that you do not represent nor speak for WC, and therefore if they have, you don’t have any reason to repeat what has already been said or is already known, because it truly is a “pointless exercise” to do so.

Additionally, it is NEVER productive or contributory for you to troll members simply because they suggest or request something different than what the current policies and practices are. In fact, they did a rollback because people immediately complained about losing vaults, they are working hard to restore lost characters because people complained about it, they even changed the kibble rework because it was poorly balanced and people complained (I would even say it needs more work). 

In conclusion, you don’t know anything more than what has been disclosed to the public and possible changes are not up to you.

Btw, I’ve been thinking about it more and maybe egg laying frequency isn’t the best feature for Easter. Perhaps a better, more appropriate multiplier would be an increase in incubation speed. Either way, it’s not up to you, and you can’t do anything about it, and WC can change, feature, or do what ever they want whether or not you attack a person for suggesting it. ;)

Edited by ArkP1

1 hour ago, Melcreif said:

Anyone can play.  I use 2 characters on the same map!

You can only use one character for each account. Not everyone has multiple accounts. If someone logs onto the server where their lost character resides, it will delete it, and they wouldn’t be able to access any of their tribal stuff from the other character anyway.

Nevertheless, if a person has lost a character due to the rollback, they might be best served by creating a new character on a map they haven’t had a character on. At least then, they can try to participate in the event and just transfer the colorful dinos to their other server when their original character is restored.

15 hours ago, anubis3691 said:

Agreed, and the mana nerf again is really aggravating... it's like the only reason I've been playing was to breed them.. but what's the point lol.. might as well make the mana not even have a breath attack. 

It is really sad. They have changed the mana from end game to never tame. Why would anyone put the time in to breed them seems they are less useful then a velo now why would anyone want to spend 9hrs baby stage for something so weak. They are beautiful and were perfect before the last seven nerfs please fix the mana!! Let the players have an actual challenge. 

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, ArkP1 said:

You can only use one character for each account. Not everyone has multiple accounts. If someone logs onto the server where their lost character resides, it will delete it, and they wouldn’t be able to access any of their tribal stuff from the other character anyway.

Nevertheless, if a person has lost a character due to the rollback, they might be best served by creating a new character on a map they haven’t had a character on. At least then, they can try to participate in the event and just transfer the colorful dinos to their other server when their original character is restored.

This was my point.  ANYONE can create a 2nd account, at least on XBOX you can.  Some folks do it simply for the purpose of having a crafting character, in this case I'd do it so you can continue to play.  If you are in a solo tribe then of course you can't be added to your tribe, but if not then another admin can add your 2nd character.

Also while I've created multiple characters, one for different maps on the same account I can't say I recommend it.  I've accidentally overwritten these characters by transferring my main onto that same map.  I've done this at least 2 or 3 times so I can't say I'll be doing things again that way anytime soon.

Edited by Melcreif

We are happy to report that this upcoming patch (patch number)

Allan, please add patch number.

So how do the industrial cooker changes work with wells on official PvE now, or have you still not fixed that? You couldn't ever build pipes on wells, so they have always been completely useless. Still, it's fantastic that you can irrigate cookers with water tanks now.

Also, does this patch fix the black triangle artifacts from lightning storms on Xbox? Never really noticed any artifacts from sandstorms.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StilettoDragain said:

What does cm/s mean?

Centimeters per sec.  Usually when games are made things like distance, speed and scale are usually calculated in the metric system. So for example if a mana dash is a speed rate of 500 cm/s than what they are trying to accomplish is the turrets ability to keep up with the speed.