Community Crunch 165: Last Week on the ARK - Raptors!

Jen

9 hours ago, s3aHaWKS said:

Please nerf mana range to less than turret range. So broken that they can kill all your dinos from out of turret range

Is this really a problem? i don't really know to be honest.  I have never in my time playing had my turrets actually prevent a raid. if anything they are just the obligatory thing you put up to hassle people, half the time mine are empty anyways because people like to come by and drain them for lulz.  nothing you can do will deter people from offline raiding you :D

How about an update for Xbox one to fix the dashboarding and ridiculous lag on Extinction? It's been over a month since the last patch. I played Rag for 8 hrs this weekend = not a single crash, only a handful of ~2 second lags. Played a few hours on Aberration, no lag and no dashboarding. Switch to Extinction and I dashboarded within 20 minutes. It's ridiculous. 

Xbox recently made the compatibility with mouse and keyboard possible and I'm hoping Ark for Xbox will soon give xbox players the option to use the mouse and keyboard aswell, I have tried to plug in and use them but there are no options or any available information for mouse and keyboard usage for Ark on xbox. I am hoping that ark will soon allow this feature. @Jen

Edited by EvilerSpartan

I have tried to submit a ticket to you guys but your ticket page just sends me back to main menu! Everyone including my self as the owner was kicked from the tribe! What he raptor is wrong with your game and customer support! Reply to me here devs so I can get our tribe back eveeymembwr kicked but our structure still stands! This is stupid as raptor 

22 minutes ago, Omni7potent said:

I have tried to submit a ticket to you guys but your ticket page just sends me back to main menu! Everyone including my self as the owner was kicked from the tribe! What he raptor is wrong with your game and customer support! Reply to me here devs so I can get our tribe back eveeymembwr kicked but our structure still stands! This is stupid as raptor 

I think the old submit a ticket page has been nixed.  You have to use the Submit PC Bug report thing which basically makes a private forum post.  Still takes the same amount of time to get a response it seems.  Half the time it doesn't tell me there is a response even though the settings say to notify me of replies.
Sorry to hear about your situation.

10 hours ago, Tnatar24 said:

YES! I've been saying this for weeks. Granted triangles are cool, it will help with circles, but medium gates and upside down sloped walls would be an amazing addition as well 

I would love to see aviation style gates. 6 walls high and a full behemoth gate wide. Basically same size as behemoth gate but half the height

that death count for raptor is in no way a surprise. you made them to where if you encounter them on anything that they can reach you, you can no longer fight back when they put you on the ground. A good portion of survivors on pve don't wear decent armor on the regular basis so i am betting a majority of those deaths came from pve servers.

Also cant wait to see more s+ options on console. love hearing about the pc players fun every week. thanks for not making just the beta at least free or at a cheaper price and limiting us to the island and center maps for us console players that wanted to get in on the action.

32 minutes ago, MightyBanana said:

Console patches arrive after the pc patches are implemented and fixed, because you can not have a patch that is ( beta ) or buggy on console.   Sony Rules/Microsoft rules.

I completely understand that, the lack of info on anything in this community crunch was a let down.

i wasn’t ever expecting to see s+ as a beta on console. More of a rough eta from the team. Is the beta finishing soon? 

• Facepalm 2

Sense the allowable turret count has made it difficult to defend a base then maybe their range and rate of fire should be buffed some. However, if under mapping is not addressed and stopped then what is the point to even worry about nerfing or buffing anything? What does any of it matter when one player can just cheat and destroy an entire base, killing everything all by themselves, without having to worry about turrets, tames, or that tribe's members stopping them?

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, wes1981 said:

I completely understand that, the lack of info on anything in this community crunch was a let down.

i wasn’t ever expecting to see s+ as a beta on console. More of a rough eta from the team. Is the beta finishing soon? 

How exactly do you want an eta for console when it is still beta on pc ?? 

I, for one, am reservedly excited for the s+ but, as I have previously stated, what is the point when one person can demolish everything from under the map without any worry? I would be much more excited to see the s+ if I knew that a cowardly cheater wasn't going to come in and make all the hours and work we put into enjoying the s+ building mods pointless. Until the under mapping is stopped no improvements, buffing, nerfing, or optimizing matters. PERIOD!!!! So, before anyone on any official PVP server gets all excited about any additions to the game, keep in mind that no matter what we do we can't enjoy any of it until wildcard steps up and puts a stop to the cheating. I miss legacy before the release. When PVP was actually PVP. When, if you wanted to take a server or fight a tribe you had to pull up or shut up. Those were the glory days of ARK. Not sure what this is. 

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, dedwards106 said:

I, for one, am reservedly excited for the s+ but, as I have previously stated, what is the point when one person can demolish everything from under the map without any worry? I would be much more excited to see the s+ if I knew that a cowardly cheater wasn't going to come in and make all the hours and work we put into enjoying the s+ building mods pointless. Until the under mapping is stopped no improvements, buffing, nerfing, or optimizing matters. PERIOD!!!! So, before anyone on any official PVP server gets all excited about any additions to the game, keep in mind that no matter what we do we can't enjoy any of it until wildcard steps up and puts a stop to the cheating. I miss legacy before the release. When PVP was actually PVP. When, if you wanted to take a server or fight a tribe you had to pull up or shut up. Those were the glory days of ARK. Not sure what this is. 

That is why I do not play pvp

Mangarmars:- 
1) Range
2) freeze player and dino in less than 2 seconds

Titans:-
1) Titans
2) Titans
3) Titans...
( The requirements to summon and tame a Titan is childish at best ). There is zero difficulty/ tactic involved. It is so easy. 
" What I would love to see is, basically stop them from being upload/xfr-able. 

Undermesshing :-
1) Players can simply under mesh your base while you are offline ( and you cant find out ).
2) You are considered a cheater if you place any counter measures to counter or defend against meshers.. 
3) The map is full of ridiculous amount of holes...

Ark in my opinion is not ready for pvp, not until they fix mesh. It will never be a fair game. 

2 hours ago, MightyBanana said:

1) Range

1) Titans
2) Titans
3) Titans...
( The requirements to summon and tame a Titan is childish at best ). There is zero difficulty/ tactic involved. It is so easy. 

1) Players can simply under mesh your base while you are offline ( and you cant find out ).
2) You are considered a cheater if you place any counter measures to counter or defend against meshers.. 

Ark in my opinion is not ready for pvp, not until they fix mesh. It will never be a fair game. 

Agree meshing for you all on officials is real bad.

The mana isn’t the be all end all of dinos.

titans aren’t a simple tame, when transferred they aren’t useable for all that long. If your base is half decent it only speeds up the process for the tribe raiding. 

3 hours ago, MightyBanana said:

1) Range

1) Titans
2) Titans
3) Titans...

It used to be. The most frustrating thing is that wildcard can easily stop most of it by simply disabling the tools the cheaters use until they can find a more permanent solution. The Titans aren't much of an issue anymore and they are fixing the mannas. But, no amount of fixing, nerfing, buffing, or improving will matter until the under mapping is dealt with. 

On 1/22/2019 at 9:45 AM, Tnatar24 said:

Granted triangles are cool, it will help with circles

Honestly I find the triangles mostly useless, because you cannot really use them together with normal foundations. There should've been rotatable right-angled triangles, and not only the equilateral triangles that don't fit with anything else.