Breeding Projects

SpittaAndretti

Got a few breeding projects on the go or on hold, on the unofficial servers I play on. Current breeding projects are Abberant Megalosaurs and Aberration glowpets. The megalosaurs are for a future rockwell boss fight and I would like to get some health and melee mutations on to my breeders to help with this in order to give me the best chance at the fight. The glowpets are just for the fun off it. Got a nice breeding pair of white and black shinehorns and just finished my glowtail breeding project which have a nice a black/blue colour with neon green highlights. Still leaves the featherlights to do but only have a male at the moment. Not too fussed about the bulbdogs but got a high level breeding pair, just not any fancy colours.

Technically got a breeding project of boss rexes on my Raganrok server but I havent progressed with that in what must be months.

Finally I would love to continue my otter and thylo breeding project on Ragnarok. Both are in the hopes of getting a cyan/blue colour but I find mammals a nightmare to breed so that project probably wont ever get completed.

Argy's, pushing for 1000 weight hatch.

Quetzal's, pushing for 2000 weight hatch

Theri's, just want the next hp or melee mute. I was happy just buying eggs but it's been months since I seen any progress marketed for PvE on PS4 so decided to try myself. I'm working with a capped male so am breeding with clean females but also hunting to see if I can find a close enough starter with 0 mutes.

I am considering Ab Mega's too. Have a decent clean base line for hp and melee but I rarely play Ab so prefer to just focus on my Argy and Quetz mostly.

Currently starting the breeding 

First up is a few allos and a few Raptors cause they both need large packs and a few imprinted dinos 

After that some boss rexes and a imprinted yuty and daeodon and a few spinos for mutations/ fun 

And I already hatched 3 dragons 

My old server I had a serious raptor and rex line 

im doing rexes on official pve xbox. Started with a lvl 301 unmutated rex with 12100hp and 449dmg. Im mutating the stats very organized and already have hp and dmg on 20 stacked muts each. Without telling what my best is, i have a rex with 684dmg and 20 muts in total in the ancestor list.

im doing this since start of march this year and mostly work solo, with bit of help of tribemates here and there, but mostly my work. Considering that im solo im happy to keep up with the massive breeding group.

Working on featherlights, they are one of my favourites. I have one line for combining stats (almost finished) and several for color combos I want. I'm not working on new mutations, got a few anyway, but the light pets don't need to be mutated, they are already awesome as they are.

Every tribemate shall have his personal color with the best stats in the end, so we don't kill each others light pets by accident any more. 

Also working on Yutis, but only collecting eggs and waiting for the next breeding event. 18hours baby is just insane. Want to finish my color/stat combo here too, because I usually ride the yuty in boss fights.

About a year ago, I started my Ptera line, just atfer they nerfed the flyers I think. I managed to get a clean set of Pteras at 301 but I have stopped them at 310 I think. 

I have noticed that any Pteras out there on the trading forums or on my server have come from my line - I guess people just dont use them any more as it seems lines havent increased much. 

Now that I am back playing again, I may pick up the line and push further but I just havent the hrs I used to have to game.

12 hours ago, BaldBudgie said:

I'm trying to breed dimorphodons for the rag jungle cave. But every time i hatch i lose interest and they end up starving to death. I cant help it, its just a boring as dino no matter how helpfull it would be.

Same thing with otters. Impossible to care for. 

ahaha story of my life, i tend to hatch eggs and they end up dying cuz A. i end up falling asleep or B. i completely forget about them.

BUT, today ima focus on getting some Tek rex breeding with my tribemate so hopefully A and B does not happen lol

1 hour ago, SpittaAndretti said:

ahaha story of my life, i tend to hatch eggs and they end up dying cuz A. i end up falling asleep or B. i completely forget about them.

BUT, today ima focus on getting some Tek rex breeding with my tribemate so hopefully A and B does not happen lol

I'm ok at breeding cool dinos like rex. Even did a 100% giga once on official. (I know alot has done this but it was still a huge win for me). But the boring dinos is the worst, however usefull they might be. 

I have been trying to learn how to breed over the last few days. I have been experimenting with direbears, direwolfs, and baryonyx, but I don't think I'm doing it right.  I  fly around and look for high level tames, but when I look at the stats while they are unconscious, I always find the stats to be average/low in all categories. Is this just bad luck? Or does everyone else just fly around and run the dice until they find a breeding pair with above average stats in something useful?

Singleplayer - Center

16 hours ago, slade2171 said:

I have been trying to learn how to breed over the last few days. I have been experimenting with direbears, direwolfs, and baryonyx, but I don't think I'm doing it right.  I  fly around and look for high level tames, but when I look at the stats while they are unconscious, I always find the stats to be average/low in all categories. Is this just bad luck? Or does everyone else just fly around and run the dice until they find a breeding pair with above average stats in something useful?

Singleplayer - Center

Dont be fooled into thinking low pre tame stats will mean low after tame stats. I learnt that lesson recently. Ive been taming deer as i want to make a super deer for the dragon boss fight i tamed over 60 now all 140+ ive screenshot all before and after tame stats and the one that had a high pre tame stat have not stood up with anything special but the average ones have surprised me and often had a really high stat. 

I now tame everything i knock out other wise you can end up killing that one special tame before you ever gave it a chance. 

Never take for sure the stats of the KOed dino, because its completely random after the taming is over how bonus lvl will be divided among the stats. High stats on KO dino only means there is a slight better chance to be much higher when taming is done. I have seen dinos with lower lvls and stats being better after the tame than higher lvl ones with better stats. Its all about randomness and luck :)

On 10/28/2018 at 6:27 AM, Loreska said:

Never take for sure the stats of the KOed dino, because its completely random after the taming is over how bonus lvl will be divided among the stats. High stats on KO dino only means there is a slight better chance to be much higher when taming is done. I have seen dinos with lower lvls and stats being better after the tame than higher lvl ones with better stats. Its all about randomness and luck :)

This. I had a spino with abysmal melee pretame but she woke up having higher melee than all my others. As long as you have plenty of kibble, tame anything that's good lvl and hope for a good stat roll.

This. I had a spino with abysmal melee pretame but she woke up having higher melee than all my others. As long as you have plenty of kibble, tame anything that's good lvl and hope for a good stat roll.
I have had both ways too.

KO'd an Argy with 1080 stam pre-tame, decent so gave it a shot and popped up with 1560. Real good.

Other day KO'd an Argy with 704 weight, 38 points. Stood up with 784 (10 levels distributed). That made me a little sad to be honest. Lol. 704 at knock down is easiest the highest wild stat I've seen from my some 500 Argy's I've knocked out.

Sadly kibble is finite and despite looking often, I never find someone I can consistently trade with for it in PS4 so I tend to limit what I tame to the high pre-tame stats to better my odds. Taking more calculated risks on taming events.

Will be taming a lot during Extra life to see what I can find to better my clean base.

1 hour ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

I have had both ways too.

KO'd an Argy with 1080 stam pre-tame, decent so gave it a shot and popped up with 1560. Real good.

Other day KO'd an Argy with 704 weight, 38 points. Stood up with 784 (10 levels distributed). That made me a little sad to be honest. Lol. 704 at knock down is easiest the highest wild stat I've seen from my some 500 Argy's I've knocked out.

Sadly kibble is finite and despite looking often, I never find someone I can consistently trade with for it in PS4 so I tend to limit what I tame to the high pre-tame stats to better my odds. Taking more calculated risks on taming events.

Will be taming a lot during Extra life to see what I can find to better my clean base.

If kibble is limited only tame what will give you better chances. I have 100s of argie egg kibble so i just tame every 145-150 spino i see.

Archived