Introducing the Phoenix!

BlueFox91

1 minute ago, Ulta said:

Dang, you can't ride it...we probably won't know it's size till it's released. Probably slightly smaller than an Argie?

But um...mobile furnace and meat cooker? I think I can oversight being unable to ride it because that is frikkin awesome.

Ya it's still cool! Back when it was a mod in the works it had a saddle but I guess they changed it's size and decided it won't be mountable. Cooking meat on the go is something survivors have been suggesting for a while.

34 minutes ago, Leashedragon said:

I'm curious as to how color mutations will work on it for breeding. If it will be a fire effect, I would LOVE a blue flame bird. (The egg means it lays eggs, but does it mean it will be breedable or just that it lays eggs? Or does it mean something completely different?)

Blue flame would be so cool! Still wished wyverns would breed and get blue flame mutation for them xD

28 minutes ago, waterKeeper said:

How much use can it be as a furnace? It sounds like it will have the weight of a dimorphodon.

No idea yet. Weight will depend on it's size a bit. I'm thinking it could be the size of a microraptor. I don't think there was clarification if it was even a shoulder mount, but that's what I'm assuming.

3 hours ago, PuffyPony said:

EVERYBODY!!

Jeremy tweeted that he is considering changing the Phoenix so that we can ride it!

If you have Twitter, please! Go send support for this idea!

Here's the Tweet:

I wouldn't care it won't be rideable if it will have a decent weight - otherwise it would be not worth it. A maybe really stressful tame for a creature that would be only useful for noobs that don't have an industrial grill/forge.

And I have a question: If it will be a SE-exclusive, is there a way I can implement it on another map (Ragnarok will get weather effects) on my private server? Maybe replace the Titanosaur with the Phoenix?

1 hour ago, waterKeeper said:

How much use can it be as a furnace? It sounds like it will have the weight of a dimorphodon.

Plus by the time a tribe is built up enough to tame one,  will you even need a portable cooker and furnace?  Seems like an end game tame after the industrial cooker and forge are built.

If it could be ridden and collected meat maybe it would have use for taking on meat runs,  but how it sounds now I think it will just be sitting next to my unicorn doing nothing.

3 hours ago, DomiDarko said:

Here's the Tweet:

I wouldn't care it won't be rideable if it will have a decent weight - otherwise it would be not worth it. A maybe really stressful tame for a creature that would be only useful for noobs that don't have an industrial grill/forge.

And I have a question: If it will be a SE-exclusive, is there a way I can implement it on another map (Ragnarok will get weather effects) on my private server? Maybe replace the Titanosaur with the Phoenix?

Maybe if it does not have good weight. Have a huge reduction on metal an ingot weight. Like the ankylo has. I mean meats no issue but metal will be for sure.

7 minutes ago, Thegeekgroundhog said:

I'm worried because it only appear during heat waves. I play on the island and I add SE creatures on it. But heat waves on the island are not a thing, so will that mean it will never spawn ?... And if I spawned it will it die instantly ? I'm so confused right now ^^'

I would imagine that they want it as a selling point and a reason to actually go to Scortched Earth. I'm sure there will be a way around it getting spawned in on the island tho, but It sounds like the tame may involve the heat wave somehow, we will know soon enough. 

Archived