Jump to content

Anarki

So what did you do in ARK today?

Recommended Posts

31 minutes ago, RedDogRob said:

I got myself a 135 Ptera and I kibble tamed it! Please can you help me to name it? :D I also tried to do a huge crystal run on the island but my argy can only carry 250 crystal back from the volcano. My base is on craggs island. Boooooooo!

With such low weight you are probably better off hitting in the area of 75 47 (hill top here has a few crystal nodes) and 64 60 (hill top here). 

from personal experience you'll have some bugs and Theri's to deal with at 75 47 but they are rarely on top of the hill. 

You could also hit a few nodes right in the beginning of the hunter artifact cave 80 53. they are right in the entrance before you get to the nasties. Again some Theri's, Troodons (so no go at night) and maybe a Carno biggest obstacles but for a quick hit it'll at least save you some time until you get a higher weight bird to make the trip to the Volcano worth it. 

I also see you posting, so just so you know there is a post limit on your first couple of days. So if you hit it don't fret, come back tomorrow and keep posting meaningful content and you'll get out of early bird soon enough. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sad, since yesterday the official server ragnarok pve is capped (i see much raft ecc) and I d'not know what to do. Me and my friends wanted to be bosses and grow t rex here but he decided to don't play, is frustating...

I don't know what to do, I don't want to play on unofficial servers because they don't last long and I also want to unlock the achiviement and have the chance that I can go in all the maps...

I think I'll leave ark and I'll look for another game

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

 they are right in the entrance before you get to the nasties. Again some Theri's, Troodons (so no go at night)

Remember if you hold a torch they run from you at night now ! :)

I had a busy night! The wife is away at a hockey game this weekend (Cya later Swede brothers!) So I got the whole night to myself!  I Started off by getting 100% imprint on my rex (praise RNGesus) now I have a good base breeder and a good meat runner. Stats need some work but im excited to get my own bloodlines going. Currently sitting at 8k hp 310 melee 1.9k stam

 

As this was happeneing i farmed up the rest of my base, placed 5 fridges, more AC for breeding room. Tamed a level 90 anky for small metal runs at new base. After a few runs i realized its probably faster just to find a dedicated metal spawn and build an outpost.. tomorrow d1nk problems.

Ive been hitting the ice cave drops pretty hard the last few days. Roughly once an hour and ive gotten loads of good stuff. Finally looted a pick blueprint, happened to be a nice Asc one too! Now I just need an axe bp! Theres roughly 5 possible red drops around my base, also hit those hoping for a rex saddle bp.

I bred up another rex, knocked out a 150 paracer near base, mating pair for my 135 I tamed earlier. The rex got shafted on stats but I figure its just another body for the army. Paracer tamed out great, good hp and melee! Found a 150 mammoth, as im knocking it out dodging wolves in snow near my base, mustve accidently hit it an extra time, i didnt notice until i threw food in awhile later and didnt want to reknock out. (Came out 74%) 

 

Did a few more metal runs while it was taming. Got a few stegos for the start of an egg farm. Birthed a baby pacer, came out same stats as new tame but opposite gender, sweet! Realized ill need a kibble farm for imprints so thats my mission today. 

 

This base is really coming along, almost complete for the main buildings.. just need to flesh out the crafting stations more, get a farm together (need a dung beetle) and some finishing touches. Ive gone for function over aestetics this time, though I will try to atleast make it look good! 

 

Just logged on for the day today, getting some lifeblood into me (coffee) and im ready to get stuff done. Hoping for some good imprints on my baby Paracer

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, been a while since I've updated. The wife and I were getting a little bored on our Aberration server shortly after the valentines day event so we decided to take a little break for a bit.

Earlier this week we got the urge to play again, but not on Aberration. We wanted to go back to the island. We haven't played the Island since the island was the only map, shortly after the first biomes came out. So I rented a second server last night and today started new toons. The only mod Im using is S+. We have a difficulty of 7.5, taming at 7.5x and gathering and xp at official rates.

We spawned at the red oblisk and got a little shack built near the red oblisk cove. Spent most of the morning levling and stock piling and we also tamed a poop machine to use as a fridge.

 Then an alpha raptor spawned near our beach. We are no way prepared to kill one, so i put all my gear in a box and spent the next 20 minutes suicide kiting it away. Once it was far enough away we called it quits for the day. 

Our immediate plan is to level to 16 to build a raft, then we are going to pack up and move north and build a base on the outskirts of the snow biome. Our 1st time playing the island we spent most of out time around weathertop and hidden lake, so we thought it would be nice to check out differant areas

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So far today some terrifying and good news. I was out on my lesser griffin getting drops and checking tames. Landed for a yellow near my base and a 145 giga came out from some trees, i tried to run but foolishly was out of stamina from traveling before and died, lost my first griffin! I went back and admin killed the giga out of spite. My first admin code kill lol.

 

Was out looking for a dung beetle and came across a 145 quetz flying above volcano. Im only level 76 but I do have quite a few rex eggs, having 6 rexs from breeding now. I chased that sucker for a good while and got it knocked out in murdersnow lake. Made some rex kibble painstakingly in the cooking pot, got 3/4 of what I needed the rest will be mutton. Currently 50% tamed.

 

Edit: Ive had two dashboards today, one made me lose a tame, the other made my quetz tame at 80% go back to 30% when i pumped narcs on him, had to go refarm 1000 narc berry and lost 4 kibble because rollback (idk wsaidits fine now, got more mutton itll only tame a few lvls lower.

That being said im worried about my xbox's ability to keep ragnarok my main farming / taming / breeding map so im going to take preventative measures. I need a kibble farm but it will lagg me out and potentially cause more of these and worst, corrupt save. (Knock.on wood for me please!!) So im going to devise a "tame for kibble" system where i tame X dino (maybe has to be mate boosted?) And kill them.off in exchange for spawned eggs at an amount per the tamed level. Low amount say.. 5 eggs per lvl 150 or something to keep the grind & reduce lagg.. 

Edited out question, answred below. Thanks!

Edited by d1nk
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Now a question and the real reason for this post! Where can I loot (can I?) A premade Quetz saddle? (Ragnarok) it will be awhile until I get that ridiculous 96 or whatever for saddle. Even a platform saddle bp 

Desert drops drop them pretty frequently both pre-made and bp's. I have about 6 ASC BP's and all my Queztal's (5) have ASC Platform BP's but I haven't made one myself. All pulled from drops. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

Desert drops drop them pretty frequently both pre-made and bp's. I have about 6 ASC BP's and all my Queztal's (5) have ASC Platform BP's but I haven't made one myself. All pulled from drops. 

Perfect! Ill hit those up today. Do i need to worry about the storms and such there like SE? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Perfect! Ill hit those up today. Do i need to worry about the storms and such there like SE? 

No but there are Giga's and Deathworm's occasionally and an abundance of mantis', centipedes, scorpions, boas, and vultures. It can get hot too. Pretty straight forward line for the deep desert drops. You do get weather effects if in the section closest to the wyvern cove (that sections middle has one drop). The only real weather effect though is sandstorm in that section. 

The biggest worry is a sneaky mantis springing at you so just be careful when in the area. You'll see any Giga's with enough time. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

No but there are Giga's and Deathworm's occasionally and an abundance of mantis', centipedes, scorpions, boas, and vultures. It can get hot too. Pretty straight forward line for the deep desert drops. You do get weather effects if in the section closest to the wyvern cove (that sections middle has one drop). The only real weather effect though is sandstorm in that section. 

The biggest worry is a sneaky mantis springing at you so just be careful when in the area. You'll see any Giga's with enough time. 

Great info man! I finally hit 80 and ventured out to Desert! Found all the drop locations and after accidetly blocking 3/4 (lol) i had it figured out. Ran drops for easily 8-10 hours every 45 mins. Got a premade asc quetz saddle :) 

Besides the drop runs got a bit of QoL work done at base. Got a dung beetle to get my farm up and running. Did some metal runs with my argy, built a small smelting facility ontop of canyons highest pillar. Kept doing metal runs between drop runs. I love farming ingots, its probably my favorite Ark passtime. 

 

Finally brought my griffin back from its desert home with loads of good stuff. For my next run ill turn down beacon loot a bit, 3x is a bit much, it rains Asc gear. ( cant believe i had it at 5 at the start! :o ) 

Didnt tame much today, but I did do something different to kill some time. Im working out the details for my next play, its going to be The Island with No Flyers. They include a slider bar for platform saddles now and being a huge paracer enthusiest (and their only problem being low structure limit) I wanted to test my 5x platform saddle limits.

 

Hopped into creative mode and threw together the most ridiculous pacer saddle. I made it huge, completely boxed in the pacer and had every crafting station (including indy forge, chem, grill, 10x turrets etc) Thing was massive. I didnt know we could do this, it adds a lot of possiblilties to my SP Island play. 

 

After I was done testing, deleted all the structures and took off my my new quetz to grab the metal I smelted. Happy with my progress I logged for the night

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saturday was almost entirely a taming day as a result of a failed high level spino hunt.

Yesterday the server was so laggy I was getting screen tearing, which almost never happens. So I did the logical thing and stayed close to home for the morning. Finished off the second floor of the Arkanus, my original base I'm rebuilding on official. Much better design, if I do say so myself. The top floor layout is going to be tricky due to a combination of official rates, changes in base design, and the fact that I'm just plain better at building than I was when I built the first one.

After my afternoon break for lunch/nap (surgery recovery is going well, just need extra rest) I logged back in to find the lag much improved. I went out to hunt high level spinos and ended up bringing home a pachyrhino, a spino and a bary, all low level Easter colors. Did not find any high level spinos, it seems like the server was just too busy and I know at least one other person was hunting spinos to tame.

I am debating building a new taming raft specifically for spinos on the volc river. There are open taming pens scattered about everywhere, but they're all too small for a spino, and the only consistent spawn point I've seen on this server so far is of course the swamp spawn. Even seen two up at the same time there before, first time for that. I could easily park a raft nearby, I think. Or just rebuild the one I already have and spend an hour sailing it around, lol.

I also got a surprise, M is back and tribing with me again. :) His PC still won't run Ark but he borrowed his cousin's to at least get on the server. As is typical of him once we tribed up he decided to try to go off and level on his own (naked) instead of using Cadbury to powerlevel, after I spent 20 minutes cleaning his inventory so M could use him. Eventually he died to a raptor and decided to take Cadbury out after all. Silly man. The point of tribing is to share resources. Even he can't get that rex killed unless he walks into a high level alpha rex or a giga. While he was doing that I went on an oil run, having discovered the generator ran out while I was napping. Forgot they use more gas now...should be good for the rest of the week now.

M didn't stay long, but I promised him he'll get his own room lol. We each get our own, not just for personal gear etc but also because he tends to be messier than I am. He has a habit of dumping everything on him into the nearest crafting station when he goes to log, instead of making a logoff box like a normal person. Drives me crazy. That will be incorporated into the top floor design as well. Top floor is basically dedicated to personal rooms and the greenhouse. Second floor is the workshop, main storage and the library for blueprints. Bottom floor is the kitchen, small animal housing, gear and taming supplies, electrical (ie generator) and the forge room that is integrated into the workshop with direct aviary access. The aviary itself is a split level combined aviary/farm. Bottom level for ground based animals, second level for all birds, for now at least. Depending on space the egg birds might end up below eventually, but right now we only have argents and pteras so they don't take up much room.

Today I'm back at work so no more extended play sessions for me. Tonight I'll probably talk to I, who sold me 40 argent eggs essentially on credit, still need to work out what the repayment will be. He's potentially interested in fertilized eggs from my Easter animals, though I have no male spino for breeding yet. Also fine with paying in ingots or structures or whatever else we agree on.

Overall goal this week is to build an industrial forge and finish the Arkanus main structure. I already started the forge box, and I guess I'll work on mass producing sparkpowder tonight to run the 5 refining forges I already built in anticipation. So glad argents can carry ankys now, I would be in a tough spot if they couldn't, though at least with M now we can tame our own quetz. Honestly though I'd be just as happy buying one from I if he has any available. PVE servers definitely have their own movers and shakers, and I is one of them. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So today i got on my island solo sever and started to build a huge building to hold all of the crafting and resources i need to in going around and gathering materials (on the Herbivore Island) and fell off the cliff in the middle of the island and fell half way and got caught on a lip of the cliff with out taking damage which was good because i was not ready to loose all of my wood and stone. so i travel back to my base and found a trike in my so to be Workshop, stuck so im hoping it will get out soon.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Cymas said:

S

Today I'm back at work so no more extended play sessions for me. Tonight I'll probably talk to I, who sold me 40 argent eggs essentially on credit, still need to work out what the repayment will be. He's potentially interested in fertilized eggs from my Easter animals, though I have no male spino for breeding yet. Also fine with paying in ingots or structures or whatever else we agree on.

 

Wow, that is a big transaction!  or did you mean 4 Argent eggs?  Buying 40 Argents seems cray cray if I do say so myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PS4 - Single Player - Ragnarok & The Island

 

Jumped over to Ragnarok survivor after watching the latest NEEBS GAMING video, which caused me to want to run the same cave. Crafted up a ton of bullets, flame arrows and grappling hooks, as well a brought a handful of Dilos and Dimorphs into the cave. My dimorphs can really tear up some dino butt fast!

I built a bed at the entrance of the cave, with back up gear, and managed to run the cave. I only died about 9 times, and 3 of those times were because I screwed up with the grappling hook, and fell to my death, or fell into the lava. 

I did get the artifact, but all in all, the loot was so-so, nothing really great. oh yeah, I got a ASC stone pick..... DILO? a ASC stone  pick axe!? What a waste! :cappa:

Basically I avoided the bad guys as much as possible, and just shot them from far away with flame arrows!

On the way back to my Big Butte Base, I was alerted by my bulbdog to 145 female Therizino.  Had some issues with taming her back at the base, so she ended up level 202 only. But she still is a beast.

 

I spent the rest of my time with ARK on the Island with my new survivor. I finally made it to the level 61/62 needed for Argy saddle. That really helped. I was able to take the Argies out and level them up a ton by killing lots of baddies, plus we harvested a bunch of rich metal. I then took the best weight Argy out and over towards the Red OB. I ended up building a small outpost there, as I had nearly died to a raptor while off the Argy, and I prefer to have beds/outpost all over the map, to allow quick respawn, and hopefully save my dinos.

While flying near the OB, I saw a level 13 Tapejara. I mormally use Tapejaras to tame Quetzels, and I had just seen a level 8 Quetz near the Red OB. WIth the settings like there are, I'm not going to pass any Quetz, so I decided to tame that Tapejara.

Well, easier said than done, as I lost the Tapejara 4 times in the woods. The last time I got killed by a Level 18 Carno, who pinned be against some rocks. Luckily, I had already built the outpost nearby, and I was able to race back just in time to call off my Argy, and get him healed up. We then went back and released hell on that Carno.

I then was looking for an explorer note near the Red OB, when I was surprised by the level 13 tapejara flying on the other side of a small hill. I managed to sneak up and bola it right on top of the hill, and KO it. Since I only had meat, I starve tamed the Tapejara, and after fighting off raptors, two boas, and a handful of ants, I got the Tapejara tamed up. While he was starving, I actually saw 2 other Tapejaras, and decided to tame the level 9 female as well. 

By the time I got back to the original base, I had tamed 2 Tapes, 3 Dilos, 1 raptor and 5 Lystros.  I now have 11 Dilos, and I am using them to guard the hole in my fence that I need to leave for my Spino, since I haven't learned the Behemoth gate engram yet.

Thankfully, being on a penisula keeps the visitors to a minimum, and the wall blocks off 85% of it, with the hole right in the middle. The Dilo turrets backed up by the spino and 2 Trikes should keep all but Alphas out for now.

I also tamed up 5 Dimorphs, but wasn't until I had them all back in my base, that I realized they are all males. So I will need to go back out and get some females for the eggs and the pair bonding.

While out taming that last Dimorph, the one on my shoulder saved me from death, as I got attacked by titanboa and knocked out. I was sure I would die, but the Dimorph saved my butt.

I spent a fair amount of time leveling up the Tapejaras and Dimorphs by stalking the beaches and killing trilobytes for pearls and oil. Ended up with 7 black pearls as well!

Finally as the weekend ended, I leveled up to 71/72, so I could make a Spino saddle. Was so nice to take that Spino out for spin, after taming it when I was around level 20, and just having it sit in my base, it was nice to use it.

 

NEXT:  Now armed with the Tapejaras, I will next attempt to tame the Quetz.

After that, I will search for better level Argies to tame. I also am checking every Ptera I see, looking for an upgrade. Thus far I have only seen 4 dinos above level 30. (a 31 dilo, a 32 turtle which I tamed, a 36 raptor which I killed when it attacked me and my Argies on a metal run. (actually the argies killed him) and the last is a level 32 Lystro)  So I'm not too hopeful of there being a lot of higher level dinos out there, but at least with the Argies, I can now feel safe to explore the rest of the map. I will craft up some fur armor, and head up to the mountains and snow regions to see what is around. 

However I did notice that towards the end last night, I was getting a little bored/burnt out.  So much grinding the last week with the new character, and since the dinos are such low level, I have avoid most of the hard areas. So maybe I will take a break for a few days/week from ARK.

 

 

Edited by Aushegun
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

not exactly what we "did today" but close enough i guess, twas Saturday

 - we have been mostly on Ab lately, taming and breeding, building up etc. but wanted to do something on the island for a bit of a change. the only things left we havent done are ascension and the cave of the Strong. so we head to Green Oby and start moving rex, we need trophies from alpha Ape and Brood to make our alpha ascension run (hopefully this weekend :)). we have been on those alpha runs many times, but usually as riders with other tribes. plenty of beta trophies in the ol'vault but no alpha heads other than dragon. run both fights back to back, then heal up the rex with Hellboy (crazy red 85k food daedon), get everyone parked again and its like....well....now what? 

there was mention of trying the snow cave again, and i knew one day we would go back, but the last trip was still kind of a sore spot with me -- (9 or 10 of us on the server went in and we all died and lost tons of gear) -- but it was either that or go back to Ab and do a cave there, so i said sure (half expecting not to go :D). get back to camp, running around grabbing gear when i see Gnome has his cyan death squad (all 48 dimorphs) hovering above his thyla when i realize we are actually going to go back in, the 3 of us....

we are all literally "loaded for bear" and the adventure begins -- other than a large polar bear spawn in the first room, it was totally horrible :) and we made decent progress, going slow and killing everything needed to get to the next room, trying to keep the dimorphs away from bears. from the last trip we knew things would re-spawn quickly behind us, and we planned on fighting our way back out, so after grabbing artifacts we started back out and were pleasantly surprised that not many of the mobs had re-spawned...i was starting to get a little excited as we were coming up on the "first room" again, when Gnome gets dc'd and the proverbial poo hits the fan -- 5-6 bears again and i kid you not, id swear 10 purlovia. Ruh and i died pretty quickly, thats when it hit me all the bags we dropped are all further away from the entrance, and after 2 more back to back deaths i had to re-spawn back at our north camp. with images burnt into my brain of the last whoopin the cave put on us and knowing we had one room to clear to get out i grabbed what fur i could, a 290 AR from the boss vault and 2300 rounds, grabbed my wyvern and was back in just a few mins. turns out the primitive fur i grabbed lasted one bear bite, ruh threw me her pants (lmao, cyan ofc and the AR i grabbed was hers, cyan) and i went ham, spraying rounds at anything that moved -- other than the cyan pants, rambo would've been proud. Gnome had made it back in by now and with almost everything dead it was time to grab the gear and get the fooz outta dodge -- which we did in short order. i was the last out, there was a bear guarding the gold drop that i was not leaving without, and yes....Journeyman cloth glove bp for my Ruh :) (she loves her painted cloth sets). 

we get back to camp, unload everything and talk about the madness -- we have one dimorph left, and she has earned her spot at the fireplace now with the other shoulder pets that are special, never to see the outside again -- although she will give us eggs for another, smaller cloud, at some point.....maybe lmao.

anyways, a SS or two for your enjoyment hehehe.

DA93B336B4441757DE1FB86B2D8CDAF5CB2E2421

F2565066335EB2979BFCB48DACF5AF58BBACA650

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The wife and I put in about 8 hours this weekend on our fresh Island characters. We finally hit 16 so we could build a raft. As we were gathering mats for the raft, a thezio spawned right in the middle of our forest. We didnt have any dinos that could kill it so I came up with a crazy idea to kill it. Our base was on a cliff with one way up, so I had my wife throw together a quick 2 high wood wall with windows and a doorway blocking the way up while I crafted up a bunch of arrows. We start shooting it and manage to kill it before it broke through the wall. 

After killing the thezio we built the raft and pack up and start moving north. I hug the shore as tight as possibe and my wife keeps an eye out for leeds. I find a spot we like with a nice cliff and a view of the mountains, but had to go around deeper water to turn into it. As I get near shore trying to find a good spot to land and I happen to glance behind me and theres a leeds hot on my tail. It rams the raft doing 4k damage and I run hard into shore before it gets the chance to hit again. Thought  to myself this spot is as good as any, lol.

So we spend the rest of Saturday and sunday morning building a base and ended up with a 6x5x3 cabin with a great view. We also tamed a female dilo, a lvl 15 female raptor and a 145 male raptor (found out about the new raptor mechanics the hard way, lol)

So this weeks plans are to build a wall and a taming pen, get crops going and water run up to our base, and as soon as we find enough metal for a crossbow we plan on doing a lot more taming

Some pics. First is the daytime view, 2nd is sunrise

y4mT7i0uWlvcLeKZCP3vSsX7rpaf5AwBkhZ8V06ay4mDjJRuoCUxmSE1N_GYTydqxWRvPEoEdOmMLjPA

Edited by Jabnlab
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PS4 - Single Player - The Island

 

Jumped on the PS4 for my new character for about 3 hours last night.

First I fed everyone, and re-filled the compost bins. Then after crafting up some extra tranq arrows, and packing a extra foundation, bed, and change of clothes; I headed out to the northern half of the map, to try and find a Argy higher than level 18. After flying around for about and hour, I finally found a level 21 male. So I laid down the foundation and bed on what I thought was a safe spot on the top of a mountain ridge. However before I could get back on my bird, I was attacked by a trio of Sabers that materialized out of nowhere! They knocked me off the ridge, and down the hill. My Argy was not on follow, and was also on passive, since I was about to start taming another Argy. The fall down the hill did not end well, and soon I was but a Wiley Coyote splat at the bottom. 

Thankfully, since I had just placed my bed, I was able to quickly respawn. But that wasn't as great as I had hoped, as two of the Sabers were still standing there, and they managed to nearly kill me, before I kited them over the ridge edge. Of course the way I accomplished this, was by jumping myself off the ridge. So that was death #2. I tried to re-spawn again, but the bed was in cooldown, so I had to sit there assuming I would get the death message for my Argy any second. Finally I was able to spawn back in and I began looking all over for my "dead" Argy.

After nearly giving up hope, I finally notice some green lettering halfway down the mountain. So I lined my self up, and slide down the hill to my Argy. I'm guessing that the Saber knocked him off the mountain too, but he got hung up on a tiny ledge. There was a Saber circling on another ridge not far away, but he couldn't get up the steep incline to kill my defenseless Argy.

Jumped on the Argy, found my loot bag, and flew back up to the top of the mountain. This time I did a triple check for any badies before dismounting. I then tried to find that level 21 Argy again, and I finally did, but he was with three other argies. So I went in a killed them one at a time until only the level 21 was remaining. I then kited him up to the top of the mountain, and dropped him. (but not before he nearly killed me. This damn new character is so low on health only about 270HP. My old characters are usually well over 1000, and I guess I got used to taking a few hits in the past, but I really can't afford to do that with this character.

I then checked the Argy's stats, and using Dododex, I set the starve and torpor timers, before flying off to investigate some other Argies I had seen. One of them was a female level 23, so I quickly kited her up the mountain, and luckily timed my shots perfectly to drop her right on a boulder that left her safe. Checked her stats, and was pleased to see that she had a lot of points in weight and melee, compared with the level 21 male who was high in HP

I then flew around gathering prime meat from other Argies and eventually a stego and carno. I then flew to the top of the mountain to dump the prime into the level 21 male. But right after dismounting, I was attacked by an Argy, and we had to kite it away and kill it. Then back to the male and popped in the food. Put the Argy saddle I had brought from the base on him, and we flew over to check on the level 23 female. This time I took a different route and I saw another stego that I wanted to kill for more prime. As I got closer, I lost my line of sight for a second, due to a bronto tail that was sticking out from the mountain side. When I found the stego again, I realized that it was fighting a couple of scorpions. So killed them all, and I need to rest my bird for second. Then I hear it, the sound of very heavy footprints. I look to the left, nothing. I then look to the right, and that is when I realized that the bronto tail was not a bronto tail, but rather the tail of a level 38 Giga! Collectively my two argies and myself all pooped ourselves, and I begin flying straight up, hoping my newest tame doesn't get hit and try to fight the Giga.

Thankfully we got away safe, but then I had to kite the Giga away from the area before returning to the level 23 Argy. Dropped prime in her, and We all took off to make the long trip back to the base. At this point it was getting dark, but I did see a level 4 Trex fighting a bunch of Argies, and could tell every one was bloody, so I figured this would be some easy leveling for the new tames. We swoop it, and I let one of the wild dinos hit me. This brings in the two new tames "Mountain Top" and "Giga Gurl" and before long everything is dead. As we fly away, I notice that Giga Gurl is VERY bloody. So I get everyone to a safe ledge, and when I check on Giga Gurl, she is a 74 Hp!! I have no idea what did so much damage to her, but holy crap I nearly lost her just minutes after taming her! After meat healing everyone up, I take the saddle off the male, and put it on the female, as her HP level is nearly 50% less than the male.

We continue the trip home, and we smartly avoid the Alpha raptor and Alpha carno we saw. But we did take out two low level Spinos and a handful of turtles. Arrving back at base just as it goes pitch black, I craft up a saddle for the male. Level everyone up, and click on all the Lystros for the buff. 

Exhausted IRL, I head to bed. Another long day of work at the office on Tuesday.

 

Edited by Aushegun
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like reading these its neat seeing how differently different people react when poop-hits-the-fan

 

Last night, TheIsland single player, pc steam: casually playing from lvl1 for a week or two by this point, ive only got a stone building and minimal tames (im not the type of person to hoard dinos when im not using them) iguanadon(dead now), raptor, otter, argy.. im lvl 66 now and saw that i had a bronto saddle unlocked.. Thought to myself.. "Yenno brontos are sooo big.. Id almost rather a smaller faster dino to gather berries.." So i searched the surrounding area of my base and found some trikes paracers and turtles.. I decided "what the heck ill tame a bronto anyways.." Started looking for high lvl but found nothing over lvl 12 .. 3x lvl 8s.. Dissapointed in not finding a highlevel i decided "well.. Im not gonna be raiding or anything on singleplayer so maybe a low lvl wouldnt be so bad for just harvesting berries.." Ambushed by midsized raptor pack on my iguanadon, dismounted me, bolas and sword i killed them all with only 50hp left on my iguannadon.. Decide to go on foot against the bronto.. Kiting it a little ways away from my near dead tame..Mid tranqing the brontos tailswipe nicked my iguanadon and it died.. Tamed the lvl 12 for temporary narcoberry gathering.. 1 tailswipe and i realized i may not need a high level at all my lvl 20 bronto will probably get me all the narcotics i need.

 

Used bronto to get me enough narcs and tranqs to tame a lvl 60 thyla before i went to bed.. Ironically thyla tame was easy as pie no issues, fly to redwoods with argy, dismount when found one, place bear traps,agro thyla on foot into beartrap,tranq, ko, tame, ride thyla home with argy following. kinda wierd the bronto gave me more issues than the thyla especially in the redwoods with so many aggressive threats..

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Xbox one - personally owned nitrado  server cluster - Ragnarock

A recap of lastnights mild events. 

Started off rather slow, not sure why just wasn't full of piss and vinegar and found my self running around in that lost circle of the hell do I wanna do today. I ended up looking in my beta base transmitter to see if I had items or dinos in the cloud of which I had some leftover metal and poly with 2 hrs left in the timer. Reset those as they are for my main base.   

While In the main inventory i seen a bunch of tek stuff I had pre built, so I decided to continue converting the base from metal to tek. 50 ceilings 40 walls 10 doorframes and 15 window frames. All recycled material I dropped back in transmitter for transfer to base alpha.  Safe to say I'm about 40% complete on the conversion so far, and need to do another poly/obsidian run to continue producing more tek, of which I was feeling lazy lol. Tonight perhaps. 

Once I finished that I recalled I plan on running rag boss this weekend and had 9 fertilized theri eggs and a couple lower level rex eggs. Hatched them all.  Theri parents are lvl 417 (lvl 300 wilds on this server) and didn't luck out too well with the babies except one.  All the females were 414-415 where the males came out at 414-418 with one special fella that got 2 mutations. First time for me but he got a melee mutation as well as a big green stripe of forest green down the spine instead of red.  Melee of 552 and according do the S.A. companion  it was 80 or 82 points (21%) into melee. Baby rex were uneventful 211s with one pair of twins.

During incubation I proceeded to mass produce veggie cakes, so with the parent theri I collect stim berries specifically but need some fresh berries to top up troughs and feed babies when they hatched, and for once it all times out well. Made 8 stacks of veggies just as first round of babies hatched. 

After that it was getting later in the evening so decided to do the shut down checklist (feeding troughs, fuels, fertilizer, turret check, bring the dinos inside.) Started at alpha base, while there I took my low level group of battle rex ranging from 190-380 and uploaded to alpha base transmitter and unloaded metal and such I had reset earlier into replicator. 

Back at beta base I unloaded the battle rex and put them in the storage pasture with the gigas and yuty, topped up baby food, sit up in mh room, key pad shut down the base (mass close doors/Windows, lights out, turrets online) crawl into bed and off to dream land.  

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On Monday, April 09, 2018 at 10:16 AM, Aushegun said:

PS4 - Single Player - Ragnarok & The Island

 

Jumped over to Ragnarok survivor after watching the latest NEEBS GAMING video, which caused me to want to run the same cave. Crafted up a ton of bullets, flame arrows and grappling hooks, as well a brought a handful of Dilos and Dimorphs into the cave. My dimorphs can really tear up some dino butt fast!

I built a bed at the entrance of the cave, with back up gear, and managed to run the cave. I only died about 9 times, and 3 of those times were because I screwed up with the grappling hook, and fell to my death, or fell into the lava. 

I did get the artifact, but all in all, the loot was so-so, nothing really great. oh yeah, I got a ASC stone pick..... DILO? a ASC stone  pick axe!? What a waste! :cappa:

Basically I avoided the bad guys as much as possible, and just shot them from far away with flame arrows!

On the way back to my Big Butte Base, I was alerted by my bulbdog to 145 female Therizino.  Had some issues with taming her back at the base, so she ended up level 202 only. But she still is a beast.

 

I spent the rest of my time with ARK on the Island with my new survivor. I finally made it to the level 61/62 needed for Argy saddle. That really helped. I was able to take the Argies out and level them up a ton by killing lots of baddies, plus we harvested a bunch of rich metal. I then took the best weight Argy out and over towards the Red OB. I ended up building a small outpost there, as I had nearly died to a raptor while off the Argy, and I prefer to have beds/outpost all over the map, to allow quick respawn, and hopefully save my dinos.

While flying near the OB, I saw a level 13 Tapejara. I mormally use Tapejaras to tame Quetzels, and I had just seen a level 8 Quetz near the Red OB. WIth the settings like there are, I'm not going to pass any Quetz, so I decided to tame that Tapejara.

Well, easier said than done, as I lost the Tapejara 4 times in the woods. The last time I got killed by a Level 18 Carno, who pinned be against some rocks. Luckily, I had already built the outpost nearby, and I was able to race back just in time to call off my Argy, and get him healed up. We then went back and released hell on that Carno.

I then was looking for an explorer note near the Red OB, when I was surprised by the level 13 tapejara flying on the other side of a small hill. I managed to sneak up and bola it right on top of the hill, and KO it. Since I only had meat, I starve tamed the Tapejara, and after fighting off raptors, two boas, and a handful of ants, I got the Tapejara tamed up. While he was starving, I actually saw 2 other Tapejaras, and decided to tame the level 9 female as well. 

By the time I got back to the original base, I had tamed 2 Tapes, 3 Dilos, 1 raptor and 5 Lystros.  I now have 11 Dilos, and I am using them to guard the hole in my fence that I need to leave for my Spino, since I haven't learned the Behemoth gate engram yet.

Thankfully, being on a penisula keeps the visitors to a minimum, and the wall blocks off 85% of it, with the hole right in the middle. The Dilo turrets backed up by the spino and 2 Trikes should keep all but Alphas out for now.

I also tamed up 5 Dimorphs, but wasn't until I had them all back in my base, that I realized they are all males. So I will need to go back out and get some females for the eggs and the pair bonding.

While out taming that last Dimorph, the one on my shoulder saved me from death, as I got attacked by titanboa and knocked out. I was sure I would die, but the Dimorph saved my butt.

I spent a fair amount of time leveling up the Tapejaras and Dimorphs by stalking the beaches and killing trilobytes for pearls and oil. Ended up with 7 black pearls as well!

Finally as the weekend ended, I leveled up to 71/72, so I could make a Spino saddle. Was so nice to take that Spino out for spin, after taming it when I was around level 20, and just having it sit in my base, it was nice to use it.

 

NEXT:  Now armed with the Tapejaras, I will next attempt to tame the Quetz.

After that, I will search for better level Argies to tame. I also am checking every Ptera I see, looking for an upgrade. Thus far I have only seen 4 dinos above level 30. (a 31 dilo, a 32 turtle which I tamed, a 36 raptor which I killed when it attacked me and my Argies on a metal run. (actually the argies killed him) and the last is a level 32 Lystro)  So I'm not too hopeful of there being a lot of higher level dinos out there, but at least with the Argies, I can now feel safe to explore the rest of the map. I will craft up some fur armor, and head up to the mountains and snow regions to see what is around. 

However I did notice that towards the end last night, I was getting a little bored/burnt out.  So much grinding the last week with the new character, and since the dinos are such low level, I have avoid most of the hard areas. So maybe I will take a break for a few days/week from ARK.

 

 

Quick question regarding low lvl dinos.. did you make sure to put difficulty to 1 and check max diff box? 

Love reading these, gives me my ark fix when i cant get on soon and also gives me ideas of what to do :) i cant help but put stipulations on myself when ai play and always like to see how other people set up their ark lives !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Quick question regarding low lvl dinos.. did you make sure to put difficulty to 1 and check max diff box? 

Love reading these, gives me my ark fix when i cant get on soon and also gives me ideas of what to do :) i cant help but put stipulations on myself when ai play and always like to see how other people set up their ark lives !

@d1nk  When I created this new character a couple weeks ago, I choose the default settings. So everything is super low compared to how I normally play. I happened to look last night and the setting was a .28 I think.  On my other characters, I usually have the difficulty  at 5.0   so a total change for me.

But I kind of like the challenge. The animals can't carry a ton, have to stop often due to low stamina, and can't battle constantly without healing up. With my other characters I can take out virtually anything whenever I want. The only thing I avoid are Gigas and Rock Elementals. Otherwise, I'm not scared of anything. But on these settings, I have to play much more conservative.

We will see how long I keep going without tinkering with the settings. Thus far the only thing I have done, is slowed done the day time and shortened the night time. But it is so very grindy because of the low melee and weight levels, so building huge base seems pretty daunting right now. The beauty of single player is, if I do want to tweak something later, I can. :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only had half an hour or so to play today so we worked on the wall. We are trying to get it to 4 high asap because there seems to be a lot of thezio spawns around us and we dont have a dino that can kill one yet (we plan on spending most of the weekend taming). Managed to get it to 1 high so atleast raptors and dilos will stay out, before I had to go to work.  So far I've been able to kite the thezios away when they get too close for comfort.

Tomorrow we will continue work on the wall, although i may get a few crops going while my wife gathers stone wood and thatch. Anky, ptera and doed are on the top of the list of things to tame this weekend and id like to do it with kibble. Getting tired of gathering by hand, lol.

Also, Ive been very spoiled playing ragnarok, SE and aberation over last year or so, where metal is pretty much everywhere. Im finding it more rare on the Island, atleast for a low level toon with no flyers, which Im perfectly ok with, but I cant wait to get a ptera so we can atleast start getting small amounts of it from the mountain tops. I know where to find it, its just not easy to get when your only mounts are a couple of low lvl raptors, lol

Edited by Jabnlab
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Jabnlab said:

 

Also, Ive been very spoiled playing ragnarok, SE and aberation over last year or so, where metal is pretty much everywhere. Im finding it more rare on the Island, atleast for a low level toon with no flyers, which Im perfectly ok with, but I cant wait to get a ptera so we can atleast start getting small amounts of it from the mountain tops. I know where to find it, its just not easy to get when your only mounts are a couple of low lvl raptors, lol

I would tame some Argies as soon as you can, even if you can't make the saddles yet. You can at least use them as mules to haul metal/wood/crystal/rock, etc for you, plus they can provide good defense too.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Logged in, do meat run, collect eggs, punch tribemates, farming resource for a bit , then  we decided to go to sleep while a guildy spotted 150 and 145 rock elementals.

We decided to kite home to tame for no purpose cause its our 10++ golems and we rarely use one of them. Ended up by all of us stay up late another night.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...