Anarki

So what did you do in ARK today?

Today we found a titantosaur on Cragg’s island and while trying to check the level our game quickly turned into a comedy, how long have  therzinos been so common? And why are there so many compys and a Troodon (I think) and don’t get me started on the baryonyx... after all that we found it was level 4 and that there where a LOT of hostile Dinos where it was. But all in all it was pretty fun and we got a pelegornis tamed with prime fish meat (don’t ask me how long it took to get that.)

Just so you know, all titans have the same level/stats.

Was pretty hype to get home and hop in the game, even if just for a couple hours.

Did a little farming and started working on the new base layout. Not doing too much substantial building yet but working out placement and such.

Most excitingly, I found a 280 female spino in the lake, got her down and tamed up solo this time since no one else was on. Pretty standard stuff, though she did manage to run off farther than most get from shocking darts. Her stats turned out pretty mediocre...except for melee, which ended up topping the old high roll by nearly 200. Not stat points, but melee points.  Pretty impressive and a very worthy find. The only downside is now M will have to rebreed his spinos if he wants to add her melee into his lines, which you would be crazy not to.

That was about it for me for the night but hey, that's plenty for one day. I am so happy with this map and its abundance of spinos, I really am. I can't wait to get set up and start my own breeding projects once we have the space.

Guest LadyValkyrie

reorganized the base all day D: and taking care of these baby dinos.

It's really alot of hard work >_< trying to keeep up with the feeding on scorched since the meat timers are shorter than other servers.

So, I've spent some time trying to learn how to glide with the drakes and it's going a bit so-so. Down is pretty much always easy, but sometimes, he just won't glide and pretends to be a rock instead. I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong when this happens and the only thing that "fixes" it is to dive very steeply. It's like the jump never registers, so he doesn't get enough momentum to stay airborn (holding the Shift key pressed at all times when this happens, so it's not that). Also, I'm trying to learn how to do the dive attack. I succeed a few times, but most of the time, I miss and land right next to whatever I tried to damage, looking a bit foolish.

Aside from that, I joined A and T, when they went into the first cave for more glowtails. I tamed what I thought was a blue one, but it turned out it was a really dull looking one. Bad on me for not bringing any kind of light source with me.

T did tame a black and blue little fellow, however, so as I wasn't feeling too well yesterday, I spent the entire day breeding glowtails. I've gotten a colour combo that I like a lot, so now I just need to get the colour together with our best stats (not that they're that impressive, but it's better than the low level ones). I've also been ordered to breed a copy of my little Shuri Ken (my orange/black glowtail) for S, as she thinks he's still the prettiest of the bunch. Personally, I think he has a contender in Gem, the black and blue glowtail I bred. :x

I'm going to do some more breeding today, and maybe try to go and look for more drake eggs. Don't know if I dare to, as I'm 99.99999% convinced I'll die and lose one of my drakes. I might go and look for glowtails instead, or maybe featherlights. Still need to get me a blue and white one, like the one that got away. Or I could be useful and gather resources. :P

It was quite busy and frustrating at points this weekend. 

The trade market is back in full swing. lol. The thing I wanted to avoid, as we did it so much in legacy, but my server is very hard to trade on. It's a mixture of vets already set, noobs without the resources needed, or people who play essentially single as they never talk in chat. I don't see a lot of mid-tier players which comprises the biggest buyers in the trade market so I started looking outside and we have had very good success. I do enjoy the trading aspect of PvE (I could never trust someone on PvP though I see successful PvP trades all the time) but I am trying hard not to go overboard like I did on legacy where it was at a point that 70-80% of my play time was jumping to different server's or picking people up for trades on my server. Still I acquired some nice items this week;

Trades were very numerous so it's hard to remember everything. I know I moved a breeding pair of Xmas belly Ravs and received two magenta colored vulture eggs with 925 hp and 325 melee as well as 1k crystal and 3500 cp. Pleasant fella and look forward to more trades with him. 

I moved a couple of our mutated Doedic's in different trades for various items. One got me a Cyan 12.5k hp, 414 melee Rex egg. I'm going to breed a line with these just so we can unlock some tek engrams but my main Rex focus is still going to be our very own line from Rex's we tame. Still knocking out every Rex 135+ I come across. 

Banner week for our Yuty line. More people are now starting to get to the boss fight point so they are looking for Daedon's and Yuty's. Our Yuty's hatch at 9900 hp, 2184 stamina, and 331 melee. 4 levels gets you to 3k stamina (my preference) and then you can dump everything else into HP. Our top male currently sits at 36k hp and he's only 35 or 40 levels in. I have gotten orders for eggs and have even pre-sold a mating pair for 10 tek dino gate sets and 10 tek door frames. It is sometimes difficult explaining what goes into raising a Yuty as buyers fail to realize it has the same baby/raise time as a Quetzal. 

So here's where I use a segue. I popped some Quetzal's Saturday morning early to great success. A 233 male hatch and a 220 female hatch with our HP, Stam, and Weight stats (9996 hp, 2400 stam, 1648 weight). The male finally gave us our guaranteed breeding pair as I had raised a female prior. The 2x of course helped speed everything up (though while it helped with some imprints it caused disappointing results on other imprints as being even 5 minutes behind cost you but I digress) but with the 2x maturation it brought additional people to the server as well as introduced 100's maybe even thousand's of new dino's thus millions of additional calculations and the server's started to experience crashes and roll backs. I believe it was Sunday evening/Monday morning and the Quetzal's were at 35 to 40 percent done. I had hit every imprint on them and the Yuty's and the next imprint was in 2 hours and 30 minutes. I was raising quite a bit at that time. 3 Yuty's, 5 ravager's, 1 Vulture, 1 Rex, 1 Sabertooth, and the 2 Quetzal's. I had moved 2 Rav's and 2 Yuty's to a different section and gave them their own troughs to feed from because Ravager's are ravenous. I set my alarm for the 2 hours and 30 minutes and just wanted to catch a quick nap but i put my alarm to close to me I suppose so i turned it off and kept sleeping, still I was only offline for roughly 5 hours maybe 5 and half hours. I was ok though as I left the troughs topped (3 with Raw meat/a row of spoiled for the vulture in one, a 4th with cooked meat/jerky on the Quetzal side) as well as my normal inventory buffer on raises of 1 1/2 rows of cooked meat with 2 jerky's and a stack of preserving salts. I logged on to not even bags from the Quetzal's. Spoiled meat in all the troughs (only like 3 or 4 stacks in each and the cooked/jerky trough down to one row of jerky. I immediately filled all the troughs and then went to make see if the Quetzal's had glitched under the floors. Finally I pulled up the tribe log and it was confirmed they had starved to death. How? How did they starve to death after only being away for 5 hours? I am away during the week, when I work, for 8 and 6 hour time spots and it is never even that low on food when I check on them at lunch and again after work. 5a60a563f220e_quetzrollback.thumb.jpg.4469408216ebd2da0399748fbb204bf6.jpg

So I started looking at the tribe log harder and that is when I seen the day stamps. My tribe mate got off the game around 9:45 PM but shortly before he got off the game we tamed a Sabertooth that was close on melee stat. It didn't get the roll we wanted so we killed it right away and the tribe log dictates all of that. i exited the game around 12:30 AM and got back on around 5:45 or 6 AM. An Ark game day is 48 to 52 minutes. The Quetzal's starved to death/I logged back in on day 3104, we tamed the Sabertooth on day 3098. At the 52 minute day interval that encompasses 5.22 hours of time but in real life the time frame passed was closer to 8 hours. if take into account server lag which costs us an hour a day roughly that still leaves 2 hours unaccounted for. The game rolled back to before I topped the troughs and it cost us dearly. I was furious. I logged off and considered deleting the game. I went to the store and did some food shopping, came back and made a nice breakfast, watched a couple episodes of HIMYM but I am an Ark addict and despite my anger I still had babies to raise, trades to complete (being dependable is a big deal to me), and in my sick nature I popped another Quetzal egg to hopefully get it through the majority of the baby phase before 2x ended. 

She hatched level 233 with all the stats. She was at 41% complete when I came to work this morning. While I am glad i got another Quetz with all the stats, it still denies me the guaranteed stats i am seeking to be able to market the eggs as well as sell the full grown's knowing they will pop guaranteed. I have an egg cooking now that I will most likely hatch Sunday morning to get it through the baby phase by midnight. I can only hope it is a male with all the stats and we don't have a 2x maturation event as the server's can't handle that. 

I have more to cover so we will not end on a down note. To Be Continued...

Part 2;

Outside of the Quetzal fiasco, I enjoyed my time in Ark this week. 

Raises;

3 Yuty's with our top stats of 9900 hp, 2184 stamina, 331.6% melee. Here is a weird thing. So two of the Yuty's are twins that hatched at level 230. The other is a female that hatched at level 237. the only difference in stats between them is 30 points in oxygen and there are no stat mutations. Anybody know how 30 points in oxygen equates to 7 extra levels as using ark wiki it did not calculate to that. is oxygen an important stat for Yuty's since they use their lungs?

I finally decided to try and breed in our new Anky hp of 6580 and was immediately rewarded with a HP and color mutation on the Anky's.

5a61df32b9129_Ankymutate.thumb.jpg.2039a72cc492d72659418b1688d4979c.jpg

I got a dark magenta/purple shell tip plus face color with an increase to 71(40?) HP, the Anky kept our 460 weight and 387 melee as well though it did drop the stamina. Once it was done raising I popped another one and got a male of the same variation so I now have it semi-guaranteed (still many mutations can be had). The male is big as the female is the one we had with the stamina so now it's time to do some breeding to get either females with all the stats until we get the color or just the whole shebang. With Anky's I'm not as worried about stacking mutations though I will keep the 5 mutation male in case we ever decide to really expand that breed. 

I bred and killed a few saber's before I finally got a male with our top HP and melee though it dropped the stamina. Luckily I have 2 females with the stamina so when he is done I can start working on that. He popped at 243 so I was happy about that. (2250 hp, 980 stam, 364 weight, 387 melee is our top stats, once I get the stamina bred in I can start focusing on the weight). 

I went a little Ravager crazy and popped and raised/am raising 10 Ravager's this weekend. People want them though despite less than overwhelming stats (1920 hp, 240 melee, either 708 or 840 weight) because they are new plus ours have the red xmas belly. Our abberation tribe mate also traded for a significant HP upgrade (3100 hp) so I can breed that in this upcoming weekend or whenever. I like to take out the pack and play with them. I am getting them to about 4k hp and 340 melee in short order. 

Magenta/purple colored vulture hatches with 925 hp and 325 melee, level 249 hatch. Not the greatest stats but I enjoyed using it this weekend and it soloed two Argy's level 60 and level 100 when they attacked the Ravager pack. I had him at about 1400 hp and 380 melee at the time. I just got him to 405 melee and 1500 hp in about 20 levels. I plan on getting him to 2k hp and then putting the rest in melee. I will try to tame or trade for some better stats and then raise 5 or 6 and take them into the ice cave with me. 

A few Doedics and a Thorny dragon specifically for trade. I am currently working on getting our mutated green spikes on the Thorny bred into our stat line. That'll take a few tries I am sure. The Doedics have been bred enough at this point to guarantee the stats and colors. I don't even put them down anymore in the wild. 100% imprint will get them to 461% melee and the high 500 weight category which in turn will get them to 1600 weight. 

Cyan Rex with 12.5k hp and 414 melee. these will be enough for medium bosses and Alpha Manticore if we decide to jump to SE for a fight at any point. It's littered with mutations so I will probably breed it with our clean line at some point to isolate that and see if we can get a few more mutations. 

I hatched but didn't keep any of the Theri's, hatched a slew of rex's (probably 50) but didn't keep any of those either. 

We did raise a 185 ice, 185 lightning, and 180 lightning Wyvern too. Got 100% imprint on all of them. I tried to sell the 185's on server at a discounted price of 8k and 7k ings but had no takers. I jumped them next to the island server and sold the 185's in 5 minutes. Ice 9k, light 8k. The next day I sold the 180 for a discount of 2k electronics (roughly 5k ings based upon our mat values). Map plays a huge factor in pricing and need/want. 

We tamed a few things that were close this weekend but only kept a few eggers we needed. tamed two trikes and 3 stego's. I was tired of trying to trade for the kibble/eggs and people asking for what I deemed too much for the ease of the tames (I had a guy ask for mantis eggs for stego eggs)/ The only reason i didn't have them was to try to ease the dino cap burden but I'm not missing imprints because you want to overcharge. This weekend I will be hatching and raising some Iguanadon's for eggers as I again am not going to be held to the fire when I want to tame a 150 Daedon. If we reach server cap again, I'm not offing my eggers again either. I tried to do my part but if no one else is going to cooperate, I'm not going to be that sucker left holding the bag. 

This weekend I plan on breeding the Cyan Rex and just furthering the certain breed projects we have going on but I was cooped up pretty long doing these raises this week so I am definitely going to get out to explore the desert which just released on consoles and I may start my center map base for water tames. I made a trade with some old legacy pals who have set up on a lower populated center map so since I already have a character over there now and I killed an 140 Alpha Carno while there giving me 52 levels, lol, I decided it was a good map to set up on. 

See ya next week with some hopefully positive news across the board. 

Edited by yekrucifixion187

On 12/21/2017 at 12:32 PM, Jabnlab said:

Today was kind of a 2 steps forward 1 step back day. Started out seeing a 120 roll rat near base. We cant make the saddle yet (we are only lvl 42), but wasnt going to pass up taming it so I ran to the nearest behive and stole honey and spammed 100 aggeravic mushrooms to just stay alive, and make it back with 20 hp out of 500, lol. I dont usually get hit that hard, but this time a swarm of bees spawned and chased me. So we tame the rat and had to remove a door to get him inside. Then we gather more stone wood and thatch for ceilings.

After we gather enough to make half our needed ceilings I spot an explorer note. We grab it for the xp boost and build the ceilings as well as 300 narcotics...then my server crashes with a roll back. Luckily we still had the roll rat, but lost the xp boost from the note. Went back to get it but it wouldnt let us grab it again. So we get the ceilings going again and I built and placed a sap tap and we log for the day.

So from now on im doing a /saveworld every time we accomplish something, lol. Wasnt a huge set back but the xp boost would have got us to the rat saddle quicker

"/saveworld" why did you put a / in that

Spent a 4 day weekend playing Ark, here's a summary of what I got done: 

First night: get home from work and hop on to take advantage of the boosted breeding, popped an anky egg, helped my tribemate keep his baby paracer fed, and helped him finish building our new hatchery building. 

Day one: log in to top off troughs, no big deal. There was an adventure. Three Megatherium and a thyla, a pretty mean pack, stomping from cave to cave trying to find Megalania to tame. No luck there, but we did wreck a couple alpha carnos.

Day two: breeding event extended, I log on just in time to see my tribemate's thyla being born. The miracle of life. There were also terror bird babies. A few other eggs were hatched, mostly looking for females and mutations, but those all met violent ends. Except my iguanadon egg, and a megalosaur. Those babies got raised. 

Day three: meat run. Troughs. Berries. All my babies are grown up, tribemates babies all eating from stocked troughs. Guess I'll go over to our Aberration server. Breed tribemates shinehorns tribemate breeds 3 ovis females as well, Tame bulbdog. Tame bulbdog. Tame bulbdog. Tame bulbdog. Pick mushrooms, tame bulbdog, feed babies. Twins from the shinehorn, but one died with food in inventory. One sheep starved because it fell through the floor. The rest made it to trough. 

Day 4: check center troughs, feed aberration babies, then the taming begins. Knocked out and mejo tamed three stegos, a 10, a 20, and a 75. Halfway through, I realized there are sacrosanct on aberration and I could be working on getting kibble. But I finish the tames. Knocking out a 90 iguanadon while I waited. Brought the stegos and iguanadons back, went out and spotted a 145 iguanadon, which is my new travel mount. 

Productive weekend, considering I also got my laundry and dishes done. 

I had a very slow fight with a lot of slow Ankylos. Started a new server. Buddy stole the egg, I looted his body. Guess the devs patched that one because I spent the next 10 minutes running my low level legs to exhaustion as I picked at trees and rocks making arrows in the most not-high-speed chase ever so I could finish shooting the whole herd for free hide.

Ah, to be a noob again.

A fairly eventful couple of days.

First, I finished the basic shell of my first base building. It's very plain for now, I plan to upgrade it later on with actual design and decor. I just wanted to get the design down and the walls up before anything else.

Yesterday I prepped gear for drake egg hunting, but it ended up being somewhat unnecessary. I had planned to do it the hard way but one of my tribemates took me over on his drake and we managed to get 2 eggs. A 200 and a 300. Since I was way ahead of schedule and both my tribemates were around to help, I went ahead and popped the eggs. 2 eggs, 3 drakes. Luckily the 300 egg had the twins. M and E both had to drop soon after so I raised them mostly by myself, with a lot of help from my spino.

I was pretty tired by the time they grew up but I still spent some time with my lower level drake, getting a handle on how to actually use one and building his stats up. This guy is going to be primarily a transport mount for gathering resources and stealing more drake eggs, so he got mostly stamina, weight some speed and a tiny bit of HP.

The other male will be my battle drake, and his twin sister will basically be my backup option since drakes are breedable on this server with the mutator thing. I do want better levels first though.

But, between the drakes and more breeding from M and E, there is almost no space left in the base. So this weekend's primary goal is going to be moving my animals out of the base and bringing them up to the new place, which means I also need to work on the pens. Also since I have drakes now, I want to start hunting for featherlights.

Guest LadyValkyrie

Finished finally dealing with the very long obelisk downloads.

Trying to up my good high level dinosaurs and expand more. I jumped some servers today and got to meet some cool people. Planning to get more dinos to add to my arresnal soon. 

And now just.. doing meat runs and berrry runs for my dinos. Fun times.

On 1/18/2018 at 9:08 AM, yekrucifixion187 said:

See ya next week with some hopefully positive news across the board. 

So since I am still hoping to hold to this statement let me get the bad out of the way before my weekend. The last PS4 console update turned half of my protect dino's passive at my base so imagine my surprise when across my screen comes level 242 Rock Elemental killed by level 55 Allosaurus. 

I went running out my door to see 3 allo's working on my top non mutated Rex next and was able to hop on my Wyvern and dispose of them. 

I have declined to use overbearing behemoth, dino, and base walls because of Wildcards choice of server's, hardware, whatever that causes such massive lag when trying to load in even a normal size plain and boring square building which is what my base is. This should not be a problem because I had a 242 Rock Elemental (140 kibble tame)with 14k hp and 282 melee, a level 301 Rex with 25k hp and 700+ melee, and a 135+ kibble tamed Xmas Rex that I currently have at 540% melee with 12k hp set to neutral. On my roof I park a few Quetzal's and Wyvern's and have some of our 25k hp 650-700% melee as well as a few auto turrets to take out Argy's and if someone kites any Wyvern's to us. 

These guys are set to ignore group whistle so it wasn't errant whistling. 

Now to clarify when I say half I am going to show you a crude drawing. 

5a633105ab174_basedesign.thumb.jpg.aa9084d420386d24c026ece8630d6f02.jpg

I can't prove what my dino's settings were so there is no way to file a support ticket that will get me results. I can only know what I know and that is before the last update my Rock Elemental had killed a kentro, some allo's, and a saber that was attacking me at various times after the previous patch. I know this thing has soloed (without a rider just set to neutral) a 135 Alpha Rex that was around my area when I logged in one day. 

I don't know if it is related but I do know that side of my base is affected by the rag desert heat wave. I do not know how far down the peninsula that weather affect extends but I do know my Water Pen at the end of the peninsula the Basil's were still set to neutral (right side of photo, also same side as passive dino's at main base) as well as the Rex's up at the Rex/Breeding/Wyvern trap barn(left side of photo). 

5a63352db0bd5_land2descript.thumb.jpg.7526dbe1f129b1c8e2dbbf113b63b22c.jpg

Hey Wildcard,

While I want the difficulty of the game to be increased from the wild dino perspective, changing half of my dino's settings is not what I had in mind.

Can you stop finding ways to kill my crap by breaking your code and running insufficient servers? 

Thanks,

Yek

Got a lot done today. First thing I finished the preliminary design for my drake aerie and dino pen, moved all my animals in and took down the shack we were using as a FOB to get basic structures done. Spent a lot of time farming up and building and now have a Tek replicator and generator, and some other things generously donated by my tribemates, including 300 element to get up and running. We also did a massive metal run close to the surface, can never have too much.

Then I set off with help from a Tek transmitter's scan data and tamed not one but two max level Featherlights. Was even lucky enough to get a breeding pair. Recorded my stats, bred my birds, threw the egg down...and the egg fell through the map. Fantastic. So as excited as I am to have featherlights finally, I am very annoyed at losing my first bred egg on this server.

Decided that was enough Ark for the time being.

Haven't done a lot lately up until today beside taming some kibble dinos and gathering. Had an incident in the red zone yesterday. Had 4 or 5 reaper queens spawn at once, and ended up using admin commands to get out alive after I realized they had about 50k hp each. Not something I like to do, but 4 or 5 at once seemed insane and I wasnt losing our spinos over it. 1 or 2 I would have tried to fight.

Today our mission was to find the surface. So we loaded up 4 ravagers with extra food, gear, building supplies and ammo and headed out. After about an hour we found it on a 50% day/50% night and it was morning. So we kind of hung out until night. We built a 3x3x4 outpost with a few beds and tamed a few bulbdogs to keep at the outpost. Then we gathered some nearby green gems and crystal. At about 1500 we headed to the entrance and got ready.

So we were unsure if there was radiation at night, so I decided I would be the guinea pig. At about 1830 the fire stopped so I setup a couple of ziplines. Told my wife to hang out below. Threw on my hazmat, and slowly went up with my ravager. Got to the top...and all was safe :). So i hopped back down and we got the rest of the gang up.

We started harvesting element ore untill our ravagers were just about full (got about 1500 as well as a few hundred metal) Didnt run into too much trouble. Had a few seekers attack us but nothing our ravagers and some pump shotguns couldnt handle.

Before heading back we wanted to spend a few minutes looking for drops. Not 2 minutes into it I see something big pop out of the ground in the distance..."reaper...run"  I yell to my wife (thinking about our queen incident yesterday) I . So we haul butt to the entrance, hop down...and it follows. My heart is pounding, we were running as fast as our little ravagers could I hear it getting closer and closer until it reaches one of our following ravagers...so we decide to turn around and commit to a fight...and it went down in about 30 seconds. I breathed a sigh of relief, glad the kings wern't nearly as tough as the queens.

After that we headed home and started making element, but we only have enough red gems for 5, so we need to make another trip to the red zone for gems and to find black pearls so we can start making tek...but thats a project for another day

Edited by Jabnlab

What did we do in Ark today:

Get a new rock drake egg for a tribe member, in a more....challenging way.

We prepared three Ravagers, 20 mushroom soups each, 2 hazmat suits and some basic crossbows.
Using our network of ziplines, we made our way down the trenches to where the Rock Drakes are living, and managed to snatch a level 50 egg out.
Fighing for our lives, we succeeded in running all the way back upwards, only to have our tribe member fall from the zipline.....with the egg....

So we rushed to the base, getting our more matured Rock Drakes, dove into the trench and succeeded in recovering the tribe member and egg.
The ravager was sadly lost....

Had a couple days off last week due to my car not being able to ice skate so was a lot of time in ARK on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

I started off spending a lot of time doing drake egg runs - got a few 150, 165, 170, 175 a 180 and finally a 190!!  Spent some time hatching and raising my 190 which came out with good weight/hp but not the best with stamina or melee -  welcome to the family RYU!

Got a couple of Basilisks and made up a storage outpost at the NE surface cave to store an Ankylo, a couple of Ravs (bags) and a vault to store raw metal - running over with a pack of ravs to empty and return to base when the vault was full.  Realising the potential for harvesting metal then spent some time collecting resources to expand our industrialisation - we're now up to 8 chemistry benches and a few fridges for our XP narcotics runs.  We also expanded the metal processing by adding 2 more industrial forges to our existing forge to make up 3.

Logged at weekend to find whilst I had a break the night before one of our tribe members decided to expand my 2nd floor of the community house by walling it up - placing walls purposely to wind me up with some having wood on inside, some on out.... spent some time fixing his "mistakes" grrrrrr. OCD triggers!!

Sunday after watching various videos and reading up I decided to upgrade both our servers to include the S+ mod.  Spent the next hour or two converting all our equipment to S+ so have better storage capacity and locks on everything now.

On 1/17/2018 at 9:36 PM, Cymas said:

Just so you know, all titans have the same level/stats.

Was pretty hype to get home and hop in the game, even if just for a couple hours.

Did a little farming and started working on the new base layout. Not doing too much substantial building yet but working out placement and such.

Most excitingly, I found a 280 female spino in the lake, got her down and tamed up solo this time since no one else was on. Pretty standard stuff, though she did manage to run off farther than most get from shocking darts. Her stats turned out pretty mediocre...except for melee, which ended up topping the old high roll by nearly 200. Not stat points, but melee points.  Pretty impressive and a very worthy find. The only downside is now M will have to rebreed his spinos if he wants to add her melee into his lines, which you would be crazy not to.

That was about it for me for the night but hey, that's plenty for one day. I am so happy with this map and its abundance of spinos, I really am. I can't wait to get set up and start my own breeding projects once we have the space.

FYI with the 99% Ragnarok update, the Canyon has lots of spinos and they're in evidence in other waters as well. I went and got three :D

On 1/17/2018 at 7:33 AM, Gogohorse said:

Today we found a titantosaur on Cragg’s island and while trying to check the level our game quickly turned into a comedy, how long have  therzinos been so common? And why are there so many compys and a Troodon (I think) and don’t get me started on the baryonyx... after all that we found it was level 4 and that there where a LOT of hostile Dinos where it was. But all in all it was pretty fun and we got a pelegornis tamed with prime fish meat (don’t ask me how long it took to get that.)

If you need prime fish, just walk a stego down a river with sabertooth salmon in it (or stand in the shallows with a Megaloceros) and hit one to pull the swarm. Thedinos are herbivores so hitting corpses does not harvest meat, so all the corpses will be there when you're done killing the swarm. All the prime feesh you could want :) 

Just now, Milsurp said:

If you need prime fish, just walk a stego down a river with sabertooth salmon in it (or stand in the shallows with a Megaloceros) and hit one to pull the swarm. Thedinos are herbivores so hitting corpses does not harvest meat, so all the corpses will be there when you're done killing the swarm. All the prime feesh you could want :) 

We killed a megalodon XD. Also what’s up with the salmon they don’t school on me, and they also have never given me prime fish meat. So I usually leave them alone.

P.S. Oh and also sometimes the one I hit doesn’t even attack me.

1 minute ago, Gogohorse said:

We killed a megalodon XD. Also what’s up with the salmon they don’t school on me, and they also have never given me prime fish meat. So I usually leave them alone.

P.S. Oh and also sometimes the one I hit doesn’t even attack me.

Really? Sometimes a saber salmon will run away at first, but it will be soon be back with friends - I think it's a mechanic to ensure aggro is spread. Enough of them can actually be dangerous to someone in flak armor, no lie. They don't always give prime fish, it's about one in three for me. But when you get a school, you're getting several corpses at a time so the prime adds up pretty quick.

I used to just walk a stego down a river and keep swinging, then jump off and harvest, then put the prime in the stego's inventory because it won't eat it. Now on Ragnarok I carry a megaloceros to the Viking Bay cave with an argie, stand it in the shallows and pop one and hop on. The resulting swarm is like 10-15 strong and the megaloceros just reks them with its AOE. More prime feesh than I actually ever need, really :D 

1 minute ago, Milsurp said:

Really? Sometimes a saber salmon will run away at first, but it will be soon be back with friends - I think it's a mechanic to ensure aggro is spread. Enough of them can actually be dangerous to someone in flak armor, no lie. They don't always give prime fish, it's about one in three for me. But when you get a school, you're getting several corpses at a time so the prime adds up pretty quick.

I used to just walk a stego down a river and keep swinging, then jump off and harvest, then put the prime in the stego's inventory because it won't eat it. Now on Ragnarok I carry a megaloceros to the Viking Bay cave with an argie, stand it in the shallows and pop one and hop on. The resulting swarm is like 10-15 strong and the megaloceros just reks them with its AOE. More prime feesh than I actually ever need, really :D 

Took out a ton and didn’t get a single prime from the entire school (none of wich aggroed)