So what did you do in ARK today?

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well I logged in and lagged out for about 5 minutes, then rubber-banded all over the place so I quit and went to work where it's less stressful.

I always find this one of the most interesting posts to read. What did you do on *ARK* today? I for one tamed a few scorpions, filled my troughs full of berries and meat and then decided to look

PS4 - Private Server - Ragnarok   No new color mutations on the ravagers last night, so all those babies got killed. I then was flying around, and I saw a whole group of high level even

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, Yoshi4280 said:

Can't play due to the shadows on splitscreen :( sucks so bad, first time playing with my boyfreind and got our first spinosaurus and bam, genesis. This quarantine sucks, lol. 

Looked at your profile  for platform it helps if you state if for future reference in threads. cheat prevviewmode and cycle through, This should help you turn off the shadow overlay. Spell it with both vv's as shown. 

Edited by SnowboundGem
58 minutes ago, SnowboundGem said:

Looked at your profile  for platform it helps if you state if for future reference in threads. cheat prevviewmode and cycle through, This should help you turn off the shadow overlay. Spell it with both vv's as 

Thank you for the response! I will keep that in mind since this is the first forum I have joined! I'm just trying every route to even hear if they are working on it or see what we can do to get around it. We tried that command just now and it turned everything pretty much like negative film. My boyfreind also tried admin command r.shadowquality 0 and that didnt help either. I've posted on the bug and glitch forums and sent wildcard a message but no hope :/ it's really a huge bummer since we have invested so much game time. 

Just now, Yoshi4280 said:

Thank you for the response! I will keep that in mind since this is the first forum I have joined! I'm just trying every route to even hear if they are working on it or see what we can do to get around it. We tried that command just now and it turned everything pretty much like negative film. My boyfreind also tried admin command r.shadowquality 0 and that didnt help either. I've posted on the bug and glitch forums and sent wildcard a message but no hope :/ it's really a huge bummer since we have invested so much game time. 

You need to keep scrolling through till you get it right

Today: on Extinction tamed a pair of pachies as a beginning of the dino army that'll accompany me on my journey to finding, taming and leading gachas. Not the best tames, but they'll have to do. Tried to tame a gacha that spawned nearby, but wasn't successful (underestimated just how quickly the damn thing loses taming progress).

On Valguero: got eggs from my ankylos and tek rexes, put them in the hatchery, refilled the trough with berries for the bronto I'm raising, unpodded the mutated tek rex to raise him a bit more. That's it.

• Like 1
On 3/23/2020 at 11:55 AM, KurikDhark said:

I lost 2 Brontos and 3 Argys..... So I decided to get on here and ask for help. My tribe mates has been really awesome helping me learn the game, but after I lost all those dinosaurs, I feel like I'm a burden to them. Is there anyone who might be able to jump on our Xbox pvp server and either help me out getting a few things that would help them (I'm trying to make up for dino loss) or maybe even bring me a few things (crystal, sillaca Pearl's, black pearls) so I can build things for them? I'm not sure how I would be able to thank anyone who helps, but maybe there's something I can help with, or do. Thanks in advance everyone.

People make mistakes, especially people new to the game. You can still be helpful to the tribe by working hard at what you do know.  Gather resources or craft up needed things, like sparkpowder or narcotics, etc.   Show your tribemates that you aren't lazy and a noob, just a noob that is willing to learn and work hard.  Most will forgive you, and should take the time to help you learn more things.

As far as losing dinos.  I would strongly suggest working towards trading with someone to get yourself some of your "own" dinos. Then you don't need to put your tribemates dinos at risk anymore.

• Like 1

Today: on Extinction tamed a carno (level 100 pre-tame, 140 post-tame). A nice step towards building a dino army.

On Valguero: finished hatching yesterday's tek rex eggs, killed the hatchlings because no new mutations, plus the only female inherited mothers low health. Half-raised the new bronto, killed the old one because I no longer need him (harvested his dermis, though - he really did have pretty colors, letting them disappear completely would have been a waste). Moved the new bronto closer to his mother (who is also his future mate). Half-finished raising the health mutated tek rex (still can barely believe that I really have him. I mean, HEALTH mutation! On one of my rexes! How awesome is that?)

Edited by AllOfTheAllos
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Aushegun said:

People make mistakes, especially people new to the game. You can still be helpful to the tribe by working hard at what you do know.  Gather resources or craft up needed things, like sparkpowder or narcotics, etc.   Show your tribemates that you aren't lazy and a noob, just a noob that is willing to learn and work hard.  Most will forgive you, and should take the time to help you learn more things.

As far as losing dinos.  I would strongly suggest working towards trading with someone to get yourself some of your "own" dinos. Then you don't need to put your tribemates dinos at risk anymore.

Grats 1k rep man :)

• Thanks 1

Completed Tek cave 2 of us with 10 rexes and a yuti between us! Forgot to put our gear on Dino's at the end but we won so yay..

1 loss as I brought out a basic old breeding rex who I didn't level anything into but he made it halfway through overseer fight. 

Island redone... Ab redone.. scorched redone.. starting a new toon on the center next still working on completing the whole game from scratch. Each map has its own toons we are just transfering to complete bosses. 

All in all a good couple of days on ark. 

Seriously bored staying in the house now. Can't game for more than a couple of hours I get bored too fast.

Finished raising the health-mutated tek rex (his name is Beast, by the way. Real original, I know). Bred him with two of the females because the rest was on cooldown but I didn't feel like waiting. The babies predictably hatched without new mutations, so I killed them (and I will kill any that don't get a new mutation on health. Or melee). Aside from that didn't really do anything.

PS4 - Unofficial Cluster - PvE

So today on my cluster's discord, the admins and owner talked up doing total map wipes, to try an improve performance, and to get rid of abandoned structures.

I literally have been on this cluster from day. (started in August 2019) and thus have my bases on each map in pretty much my first choice location.

So not only will I have to rebuild the bases, but I have to hope that someone doesn't beat me to it after the map wipes.

They said that they will provide a temp server for people to transfer their tames and resources to, before the wipe. But I literally have 500 plus dinos that are cryopoded spread out between the 6 maps. Character transfers are disabled on this cluster, so that means using the OBs and transmitters to upload and download hundred of cryos, plus probably 20-25 vaults of loot, armor, resources, etc.)

It will take me a week straight to do this, and I am NOT looking forward to it.

I understand why they want/need to do it, and the performance on maps like Rag and Val has been getting worse. But I already have been struggling the last 2 months to be excited playing ARK. and with Genesis such a horrible flop, I'm not sure if I have the willpower to rebuild. But I might just at least build a small warehouse on one map to store everything, and then I will only need to pop in and refresh every week for a minute, until I have to desire to rebuild.

Well it started out as a horrendous day. My Tribe mate and I decided to do the Alpha Broodmother. We made a few Rookie mistakes and he was killed within the first 2 seconds of the match. I had to hop off the Daeodon and onto the Yuti by which time the Yuti was 90% dead. The Daeodon stayed near me and never healed the Theri army and while we got into the last 5% they fell fast. I never lasted much longer and we wiped. The Theri army isn't too much of a problem as I have the eggs but the saddles.....oh my the saddles. Asc 290 armour saddles. 

So in disgust (after I did 4 metal runs) I decided to raise my Fire Wyvren. I am happy now......these colours. Oh MY!!!Lava.thumb.jpeg.a2cc8f7e98d5ed0b46b71d25a61a126c.jpeg

Today I found a rex saddle in a ringed red beacon that landed right near my base! That's pretty rare on its own, but the best part is it has over 60 armor! My best crafted ones have a bit over 37 (my blueprint is... Not the best). Obviously, I dyed and put it on Nightshade right away, because he's my best rex and deserves all the good things.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

Today on Extinction I tamed a pair of gachas, spent about three hours trying to find a way to the Sanctuary to upload them because that's what  I tamed them for, lost one of the gachas, tek parasaur and one of the pachys (as in, literally lost them. They're alive, I just don't know where), realized that all the ways appear to be blocked by people who look at a perfectly walkable path and think "yep, that's a prime base location right here!", and gave up. After all, I can live without gachas perfectly fine.

On Valguero I didn't do anything, because I'm tired enough from my Extinction adventure so actual playing has to wait. And feeding dinos doesn't have to wait but can wait anyway because I filled the troughs yesterday.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

We have been hatching lots of Rexes lately and I finally got one with a stamina mutation.  Not as good as a health mutation, but still a keeper.  I noticed that I get a lot of EXP from killing baby Rexes (all the ones with no extra mutations).  It almost makes me feel better about slaughtering the babies.  ?  We have a long way to go before we have Rexes worthy of the snow cave (ice cave?  whatever).   Our first trip into the snow cave resulted in nearly dying just killing the things that attacked us in the entryway.  We killed them all and then decided that we needed tougher Rexes since ours were down to about 1/4 health.  We may try to bring multiple Rexes in pods and just swap them out after each battle (I expect each "room" to swarm us like the first one).  We are also breeding Otters to help with the cold.

We completed the East cave (the underwater one) and it was a breeze with our Basilosaurs.  I cannot see how any other sea mount would let you survive with all of the jellyfish and eels swarming all over.  With the Basilosaurs, all we had to pay attention to was the various Alpha critters in the cave.

We are also starting a breeding line of Dimorphodons for the swamp cave.  We snagged a 145 male near the Redwoods and are looking for a similar mate for it.

Not exactly "today" but the most interesting recent thing I did in ARK was hatching at the same time 19 eggs from different dinos:

four tek rex eggs (one mutation, on a male, bright red head, seems to be on stamina but I kept it for the color because I have another useless mutation with an orange belly and the corresponding color to my current breeding male's health mutation is dark red on the lights, so it makes sense to keep all them yellows, oranges and reds to later breed them together and get the ultimate beast with the stats and the looks), seven allo eggs (no new mutations, killed them all), four argy eggs (one new mutation, on oxygen, but the color is too pretty to kill), and four deinon eggs (no mutations, but one egg hatched all-female triplets that inherited one parents' good health and another's good melee. Kept them, killed the rest).

It is very rare for me to hatch so many dinos worthy of keeping at the same time. Usually I'm lucky to get to use even one cryopod of however many I take with me to the hatchery.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos
Noticed that I mentioned wrong good stat on deino triplets. It's melee, actually. Fixed.