So what did you do in ARK today?

2 minutes ago, Kodking194 said:

if there ever comes a mod for it that adds dinosaurs that can be used on console i will completely ditch ark. i know there were bears cause when i watched my uncle play it for the first time he got mauled by a bear, oh hell no mode sounds hard. 

yeah, basically its zombies on speed lol... super fast, super deadly. I searched for a dino mod, but haven't found anything lol.  anyhow we should let them get back to talking about ark here ;)

• Haha 1
  • Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well I logged in and lagged out for about 5 minutes, then rubber-banded all over the place so I quit and went to work where it's less stressful.

I always find this one of the most interesting posts to read. What did you do on *ARK* today? I for one tamed a few scorpions, filled my troughs full of berries and meat and then decided to look

PS4 - Private Server - Ragnarok   No new color mutations on the ravagers last night, so all those babies got killed. I then was flying around, and I saw a whole group of high level even

Posted Images

yeah dont need joe being salty o me.

ok so yesterday i planned to tame one beaverm anky and doedic aswell as maybe some argents to carry them places. so i hopped on my new horse which still has no name and galloped off to first find a beaver. well got to the beaver dams and holy shoot it was over crowded. beavers everywhere. so to easily attract them i steal from a dam, bad idea as dawn of the planet of the beavers came after. had to jump onto a rock and stay there. after sniping them with a rifle i had 3 150s and left which i dragged into a trap i had made. left them to tame with 100 potatoes each and off i went for an anky. found a 150 and 145 near the bridge. trapped them and knocked em out and left them to tame. so i made my way to the dead lands near viking bay. found a cool 150 blue doedic, knocked him out and left him to tame. an hour later when out looking for more doedics i found another one but this time it was all black and had red spots. tamed him up as well. i also tamed up some other doedics for the stats. so it kinda obvious on what i am naming the two doedics, sonic and shadow. so i now have at least 3 of each utility dinos. i still not sure where i am gonna build yet, i have the structures ready and waiting to be used. tomorow i wanna get some kind of good leveled argent.

PS4 - Unofficial Cluster

I haven't posted a couple weeks, as this time of year is normally the busiest for me IRL, as I spend my vacation time to pursue outdoor activities. Add in that work has gotten crazy due to handling all the stuff needed to get done before my office location closes at the end of the year, and I don't have much time for ARK.

Which is probably a good thing, as I am in that burnout stage again. Coincidentally so are my buddies California, INdiana and Texas. For the past few weeks we have just been logging in enough to refresh dinos/structure  timers, and update the flag colors on our bases.

I'm not overly worried, as I have hit these burnout periods before, and they usually pass after a 30-60 day rest away from the ARK.

I've actually been talking to California about squading up and playing some BF4. Maybe even some RDR2 which I completed the single player campaign, but haven't really explored the online portion, and that might be fun to play with a friend.

I wish ARK had the building capabilities as what 7D2D seems to have. (I have only watched the NEEBS GAMING videos of it)

Looking forward to the new year, and seeing what the new season pass bring to the game.

A little over a week away from American Thanksgiving, so enjoy your gobble gobble day everyone!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

have not played ark much lately aside from checking out the turkey trials. i lent ark to my friend for the weekend for him to try out. he is already complaining casue he tried to fight a trike at lvl 2. he also complaining cause the grind is slow. i told him before i gave it to him to look at tutorials on how to change settings. he said i can handle it.

Hello i am new to this forum and ark in general and i am the friend that @Kodking194 mentioned. i had previously played conan exiles and enjoyed the game but now i am not enjoying ark as much but this could be due to the fact that while basking in the glory of my first dodo kill i started attacking a trike and got impaled and when i re-spawned i built a campfire and spear for the night and went out to hunt only to be jump scared by a flying dinosaur . this drastically worsened my experience as i raged quit and started playing fallout 4. i think that over the weekend for the sake of my friend i will play some more and try to dive deeper into this deep and immerse game and see the most it has to offer by Monday so until then i will post regular updates and  and talk more soon but if you have any tips or tricks please do reply

4 hours ago, Gammablade said:

Hello i am new to this forum and ark in general and i am the friend that @Kodking194 mentioned. i had previously played conan exiles and enjoyed the game but now i am not enjoying ark as much but this could be due to the fact that while basking in the glory of my first dodo kill i started attacking a trike and got impaled and when i re-spawned i built a campfire and spear for the night and went out to hunt only to be jump scared by a flying dinosaur . this drastically worsened my experience as i raged quit and started playing fallout 4. i think that over the weekend for the sake of my friend i will play some more and try to dive deeper into this deep and immerse game and see the most it has to offer by Monday so until then i will post regular updates and  and talk more soon but if you have any tips or tricks please do reply

Welcome to Ark, prepare to die (a lot).

I would recommend doing an explorer note run to level up quickly as dino level doesn't scale up with player level, lucky by Nature have got a good video of one on youtube.

Edited by WarpSpasm
Forgot my manners

in ark today i discovered that you could change the settings of the exp gain etc and this made my experience more fulfilling as i could discover more engrams. my ark day started towards what the community calls stone hinge so i decided to grind for some quick resources and head to the rock formation. on the way i discovered a small river that i had to jump into get across so i jumped and was attacked by carnivorous fish and a turtle like creature, after my narrow escape i unlocked the engram for the the thatch foundation and built what was a platform with a campfire. after setting up a base of sorts i headed out on that sweet exp grind only to my lucky surprise find some of the first non hostile low lvl creature. i approached with my spear and killed and thought the game was easier now so i went after another one but this one ran so i gave chase only for it to run into the jaws of what i assume to be a big t Rex so as i slowly backed away ironically it gave chase and it killed me. on the bright side this game also yielded rewards such a lesson not to f*ck with dinosaurs and i also saw my first long neck. over the weekend i hope to play the game as i discover more as i am not really looking for a guide i will try and update my expanding experience regularly 

Something that literally just happened to me  on my server.

In Valguero map,  I  had like 7 spinosaurus eggs that i was waiting for them to hatch,  something like  20 min remaining before hatching,  so i deicde to  take a bird and fly arround  on the big field of the white cliffs to look for some potentials good levels / color creatures since there is an event going on.

AND THEN,  i see a horse,  a white horse, all white,  no strippes,  thats weird they usually have strippes ...  I come closer,   oh poop thats a unicorn O_O

A Unicorn ?! My tribe is called "Unicorns" !This animal is for me! 

And I'm  in the middle of the big white-cliff field  where there allosaurus, rexes and deinos everywhere o_o

I have nothing on me,  just a ptero  and a cryo with a chalycotherium, I call on the chat for some other tribe to help me  with that, like  bringing  an eagle and  safely  grabbing and placing the unicorn in  the server  public taming prison.

--->  A guy come,   bring his eagle,  put it in the public taming prison, and tame it for himself, and then leave O_O

This is a declaration of war!

There will be blood tonight o_o  there will be dodorex  war tonight !

well maybe not tonight but when  i'll  get all wishbones o_o

• Like 1
On 11/12/2019 at 10:28 PM, caleb68 said:

logged in to ark today, refreshed server... fed dino's at main base... sat there for a minute looking around... logged out...

Generated a map for 7 days to die... played for awhile on it:

9122B380868864F8FB1C644FBFCA02D7A4D30ACB

i'm sure it looks abit familiar...

Lol, 7 Days to die. More like, 7 deaths a day when we all first started out.... 

• Haha 2

Ah well it looks like this run on Ark is coming to an end, it was a good run. Looks like our cluster is closing down soon (by the end of the year) as the server owner has had enough of dealing with all the server shenanigans, I have been expecting this for a while but thought there was a little more time. Basically the Center server on the cluster self destructed and that was the final straw. My stuff was thankfully all on The Island server so its safe for the time being. I havent been able to play much recently anyway between work and what not so its not too bad (Pokemon has sucked me back in). Might be a good time to take a break from Ark anyway , might potter about in single player for a bit if I have time but we shall see. Sucks about all those breeding lines (particularly my prized otter, thyla etc lines) but hey ho on to new adventures else where I guess, what ever that might be. 

Edited by AngrySaltire
  • Sad 3

@AngrySaltire You could always transfer your breeding lines to SP so you don't lose them entirely. That way if you ever feel the interest in returning you've still got something.

I haven't been playing much either but this weekend I felt the itch and hopped back in. Knocked out quite a bit of stuff actually. Took on the Cunning cave and there was a bit of a mosa overspawn...there was like 30 of them in one chamber, including multiple alphas. Luckily they were all stuck in flee mode. I did kill a few of them off to harvest some easy black pearls, topping up my supply for now.

There were no tusos, which was a bit of a disappointment. I had hoped I could do the cave and farm the tentacles at the same time. I settled for chasing down some tusos beneath the ice. Also keeping an eye out for an alpha leed, I bet that one's going to prove a massive problem.

Also had to run swamp cave because I hadn't really farmed the artifact at all while I was in there, meh. But now hopefully I won't have to deal with that one for awhile.

Then I ran into a major roadblock in the form of the Skylord artifact. Yes, it's still bugged and not spawning in single player. Great. I've spent about 3 hours total in and around that cave so far with nothing to show for it.

In the absence of other ideas, I ended up running the snow cave with one of my second gen battle rexes. Died the first time due to poor luck, but the second run was easy enough. I had the idea to use a spino but for some reason despite being slimmer than a rex, they seem to have a larger hitbox and kept getting stuck. Unfortunate since the ice cold water damages the spino but also gives the water boost.

So now I'm close to done with prep for the Dragon, except for two more items. The Skylord artifact and giga hearts. I have no idea how I'm going to take down wild gigas without a tamed one, but so far I'm thinking I might just throw a bunch of rexes at it. If they can handle the Broodmother they should be able to withstand a giga, right? That's the theory anyway. I mean, it's not the biggest deal if my first gen rexes die off, they're intended to be more or less disposable as long as I can salvage the saddles.

I'm still breeding the rexes and stacking mutations up in the background, which is why I don't care that much if I lose the first gen and even the 3 second gen rexes. Up to 12 HP and 11 melee mutations now.

As a side note this is probably my biggest issue with Syntac's Ultimate Ark series, which is what inspired me to do this myself in the first place. The problem is 100 episodes sounds challenging but also short, when it's not really reflective of the reality of playing through it yourself. He can edit his content down to fit in as many episodes as he wants and cut out the monotony and grind of actually doing it. It's just not at all realistic and a big reason why I've coming to appreciate Phlinger quite a bit of late.

I'm also starting to get a little antsy, being so close to done with this map after so long. I know it's only technically halfway, but I have most of the tribute items for the Overseer already so once I have the trophies I'll only need to do a little farming. The Dragon is still a pretty terrifying prospect though, not gonna lie.

On 11/25/2019 at 1:19 AM, Cymas said:

@AngrySaltire You could always transfer your breeding lines to SP so you don't lose them entirely. That way if you ever feel the interest in returning you've still got something.

I might try and see if its possible to do this, not sure if the server is configured to allow transfers between the cluster and single player. Am not fussed really but would be nice to keep some incase.

The Island, private server, two of us

We tried the lava cave (Southeast) with our crowd of high-level (200+) Raptors, Dilos, and Dimorphodons.  It did not go well.  The spiders, cenitpedes , and bats were too much for our small critters.   The bats flew over everything and gave us megarabies (we had enough lesser antidote to cover this) and our troops just dwindled by atttrition.  The spiders really slow everything down with webs.  I then watched a few YouTube vieos and decided to try running through the cave naked to grab the artifact.  Unfortunately, once a spider webbed me, it was all over.  No running, no armor, no survival.  The videos that I watched showed many fewer critters that I experienced.  There were enough critters that my running was blocked by masses of spiders, centipedes, etc. and I had to stop, which was death.

I thought about this a while and came up with a new strategy.  We have made a few cryopods for long-range transport of dinosaurs.  We have already bred a relatively strong line of Megatheriums in prep for the Brood Mother battle.  There were lots of bugs in the lava cave. We walked into the lava cave with one cryopodded Megatherium each.  My main concern was that we might have to pod and unpod the Megas multiple times to get through narrow areas and jump over lava (Megas can't jump) and critters might choose that moment to jump us while we had no protective critters.  The Megas were awesome at clearing out spiders, centipedes, and bats.  We spent about half the time with one of us unmounted with a podded Mega and the other riding the other Mega.  The walker would walk through a narrow area or jump over lava and make sure that there was a safe landing area in which to unpod the other Mega.  If there were critters, they would draw them back to the person on the Mega until all of the potential problems were dead.  They then went ahead and unpodded their Mega.  The one that was riding got off and podded their Mega and advanced or jumped to catch up and thereafter they were the walker until the next obstacle area.  This worked great until we got to the actual artifact. The lava is too wide to jump (I tried it and died).  Then we realized in our excitement over using the Megatheriums we had forgotten to bring any grappling hooks.  D'oh!  We made our way out of the cave and we should have no problems with our next attempt.

I am debating also using a second strategy and that is to build bridges over all of the chasms.  It might take a while and we would still need to kill the aggressive critters (probably with a Megatherium), but then we could do the cave easier and not have to pod up to go over lava.

Still to go - the central cave and the Brood Mother.  Our goal is to complete the Gamma Broodmother by this Thanksgiving weekend which will be our one year anniversary of playing Ark.  I did spend a few months playing in Official PvE on Valguero, but I learned some lessons from other players that helped us in the long run here on The Island.

We finally got our breeding line of Therizinos up over level 100.  I would prefer over 200, but we have not seen that many high-level Theriznos around.  These should be good enough for Gamma Broodmother.  Our Rex line is nearly at 200 and I am sure they will come in useful in the future.  The Rexes (and the Therizinos for that matter) are great for wading through the swamps looking for leeches (for leech blood to make lesser antidotes for the dang bats with megarabies).

On 11/19/2019 at 3:11 PM, Aushegun said:

I wish ARK had the building capabilities as what 7D2D seems to have. (I have only watched the NEEBS GAMING videos of it)

Neebs gaming is actually what got me started playing Ark. I finished their subnautica series, and then Neebsylvania and I was like what else do they have. Didn't like Conan so the jumped to Ark and thought well this game looks cool. And its on the xbox game pass. I'll give it a shot and 3 days later and I'm hooked. 

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Stretch11 said:

The Island, private server, two of us

We tried the lava cave (Southeast) with our crowd of high-level (200+) Raptors, Dilos, and Dimorphodons.  It did not go well.  The spiders, cenitpedes , and bats were too much for our small critters.   The bats flew over everything and gave us megarabies (we had enough lesser antidote to cover this) and our troops just dwindled by atttrition.  The spiders really slow everything down with webs.  I then watched a few YouTube vieos and decided to try running through the cave naked to grab the artifact.  Unfortunately, once a spider webbed me, it was all over.  No running, no armor, no survival.  The videos that I watched showed many fewer critters that I experienced.  There were enough critters that my running was blocked by masses of spiders, centipedes, etc. and I had to stop, which was death.

I thought about this a while and came up with a new strategy.  We have made a few cryopods for long-range transport of dinosaurs.  We have already bred a relatively strong line of Megatheriums in prep for the Brood Mother battle.  There were lots of bugs in the lava cave. We walked into the lava cave with one cryopodded Megatherium each.  My main concern was that we might have to pod and unpod the Megas multiple times to get through narrow areas and jump over lava (Megas can't jump) and critters might choose that moment to jump us while we had no protective critters.  The Megas were awesome at clearing out spiders, centipedes, and bats.  We spent about half the time with one of us unmounted with a podded Mega and the other riding the other Mega.  The walker would walk through a narrow area or jump over lava and make sure that there was a safe landing area in which to unpod the other Mega.  If there were critters, they would draw them back to the person on the Mega until all of the potential problems were dead.  They then went ahead and unpodded their Mega.  The one that was riding got off and podded their Mega and advanced or jumped to catch up and thereafter they were the walker until the next obstacle area.  This worked great until we got to the actual artifact. The lava is too wide to jump (I tried it and died).  Then we realized in our excitement over using the Megatheriums we had forgotten to bring any grappling hooks.  D'oh!  We made our way out of the cave and we should have no problems with our next attempt.

I am debating also using a second strategy and that is to build bridges over all of the chasms.  It might take a while and we would still need to kill the aggressive critters (probably with a Megatherium), but then we could do the cave easier and not have to pod up to go over lava.

Still to go - the central cave and the Brood Mother.  Our goal is to complete the Gamma Broodmother by this Thanksgiving weekend which will be our one year anniversary of playing Ark.  I did spend a few months playing in Official PvE on Valguero, but I learned some lessons from other players that helped us in the long run here on The Island.

We finally got our breeding line of Therizinos up over level 100.  I would prefer over 200, but we have not seen that many high-level Theriznos around.  These should be good enough for Gamma Broodmother.  Our Rex line is nearly at 200 and I am sure they will come in useful in the future.  The Rexes (and the Therizinos for that matter) are great for wading through the swamps looking for leeches (for leech blood to make lesser antidotes for the dang bats with megarabies).

try taming some barys, they small, tanky and pack a punch. also fairly easy to kill as all u have to do is kill some salmon and sickle them to get the prime fish meat, then knock one or a few out and tame them.

have not been doin much lately. sorta forgotten what i have been posting about. with riley unable to play i have lost the will to play. been focusing on the new pokemon shield game. recently found a shiny colossal in a raid. anyway i have been curiously searching for mods that add pokemon to ark, preferably galar pokemon as well. i know mods are for PC but when i do get a pc that can play ark i plan to play with some mods

Well me and my friends found a rex for he first time so we attempted to knock it out we did ,manage to et it down but my friend thought he might test how strong the rex was by shooting it with a shotgun and it frickin died. I was soooooo angry. But we then found so e raptors a parasaur and a trike which me managed to tame we went back to base and continued building my incubation chamber.

On 11/22/2019 at 9:06 PM, Aschran said:

Something that literally just happened to me  on my server.

In Valguero map,  I  had like 7 spinosaurus eggs that i was waiting for them to hatch,  something like  20 min remaining before hatching,  so i deicde to  take a bird and fly arround  on the big field of the white cliffs to look for some potentials good levels / color creatures since there is an event going on.

AND THEN,  i see a horse,  a white horse, all white,  no strippes,  thats weird they usually have strippes ...  I come closer,   oh poop thats a unicorn O_O

A Unicorn ?! My tribe is called "Unicorns" !This animal is for me! 

And I'm  in the middle of the big white-cliff field  where there allosaurus, rexes and deinos everywhere o_o

I have nothing on me,  just a ptero  and a cryo with a chalycotherium, I call on the chat for some other tribe to help me  with that, like  bringing  an eagle and  safely  grabbing and placing the unicorn in  the server  public taming prison.

--->  A guy come,   bring his eagle,  put it in the public taming prison, and tame it for himself, and then leave O_O

This is a declaration of war!

There will be blood tonight o_o  there will be dodorex  war tonight !

well maybe not tonight but when  i'll  get all wishbones o_o

They freaking sucks 

With a holiday of downtime I decided to hop in and see if I couldn't make a final push for the Dragon.

So, one very unexpected bottleneck ended up being giga hearts. The problem wasn't actually killing the gigas themselves; I know I said I wanted to take one down in battle but practicality won out and I ended up just drowning them, which was way easier than I expected honestly. The problem was getting more to spawn after I took out the ones that were already up. I admit, I eventually took to dino wiping until I got spawns after spending a good 5 hours doing circuits of the mountains and the Skylord cave.

Speaking of, I still haven't gotten a single Skylord artifact to spawn in the cave. Given that I've run this cave at least 20 times trying for it, I went ahead and spawned in the 4 artifacts I would have collected if the cave wasn't bugged.

So yeah, I know that was cheesy but really, this game shouldn't be this broken after this many years of development. I'm not going to sit here for another month just waiting for the artifact to spawn when for all intents and purposes I've successfully cleared the cave multiple times.

With that, I've officially collected everything I need for all 3 levels of the Dragon.

I went ahead and moved all the rexes over, built my little hut and set up all my tributes, artifacts and spare sets of armor. I've also got a shotgun to bring with me so I made some shells, plenty of med brews of course, and some calien soup. I also brought one of the pigs over.

I could have pushed to start the fights tonight but it was getting late (I wake up at 5 am every morning) and I decided I didn't want to push it. So I'll leave it for tomorrow night or maybe even Saturday, depending on how things go. Honestly I expect I should do ok on Gamma, I'll probably lose some rexes to Beta, and I'll probably have to raise a full new generation to take on Alpha. Because the bulk of my army are still my first gen rexes, all with 35k HP and only 600ish melee. I know that won't be enough. With my best gen I can easily go 30k HP and over 1000 melee, that's the kind of brute force I'll need to take it down. I have no idea if 30k is good HP or not, I just figure with the breath ultimately it doesn't matter, I need to get it down as fast as possible and none of those older rexes will be able to keep the pressure up.

So that's basically my weekend plans and if all goes well (it probably won't, being Ark...) I should be preparing for the Tek Cave/Overseer by this time next week. I have almost all the tributes I need for that too, only missing dragon trophies, alpha tuso and alpha leed drops.

• Like 2

so today and yesterday i got arked hard.

Since the 2 updates on 11/27 within a about 1 hr of each other.  Everytime i try to connect with my character on one specific server I get a host disconnected message.  Tribe mate has same issue but others I am friends with an get on  and still other say they have a similar issue.  Right in the middle of a holiday event, makes you feel loved (not).

i hoped on to do some chill breeding, hatched up some rex miuts for my line. nothin too good so jumped off and played some fallout. i did kill some turkeys with a  shoty. they are swarming the ragnarok near viking bay, screw viking bay, i am calling it turkey bay till the event is over. a friend of mines who plays are has been having a hard time recently. being bullied and abused at school aswell as online. he has recently stopped playing ark cause he has gotten sick of being bullied and trolled by people. i gonna invite him to play with me over the weekend. hopefully that will make him feel better.