Community Crunch 393: Simple Game Framework, Oasisaur Concept, and More!

StudioWildcard

13 hours ago, LEON1DAZ said:

I thought that the additional Dino for the frontier pack would be a real extinct animal but holly cow that’s a flying colossal crab!!!!

If we have to pay extra for another dino I think I'll move on to another game. It's gonna break the game and it's not gonna be available to everyone and once again we right back to an uneven playing field

• Thanks 1

We know nothing really about the new creature but I'm dreaming it's mainly a PVE thing and it will create an instanced base, like we have in Fallout 76. When the player logs off the base and all it's contents disappear from the world too until they log on again. This would be awesome for performance on PVE servers - yep, I know, totally dreaming but yeah, that's what I'd like :)

In reality it's prob going to be more like the megachelon, eagerly anticipated, everyone tames one, then any benefits are nerfed to the ground after the PVP crowd get hold of it and break pvp....again.

Still looking forward to getting one though.

• Like 2

I guess we know why SE was pushed back now, to get this new dino into the frontier pack.

This is a joke. This massive flying base isnt a cosmetic item. You cant call this a cosmetic pack anymore. 

Guess we shouldn't have expected any less from Shi and snail.

Obviously we dont know the specifics of the Oasisaur, but it certainly seems like its going to give people a pretty big advantage on a dry wasteland type of map like SE. That is the exact opposite of what a cosmetic pack is supposed to be.

Didnt take Shi long to introduce p2w elements into the "cosmetics" pack to force those who want to remain competitive on a server into buying it.

If something like this is in the very first pack, I imagine its only going to get worse down the line.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Packs should just be cosmetic skins that you can buy.  Unless this new Dino is available for free for everyone, it just becomes pay to win.  My daughter just bought Palworld on her pc, to me it looks like playing an easier version of Ark with cartoon characters.  So I can see a big population of Ark players moving over to that game if they have an Xbox or pc.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, danlillis said:

yeah still no talk about console... i was hopeing this chrunch would shed light on this but ofcourse nope...... yeah i like the other things explained and the new creature comeing to a another buy pack but like come on no mention again of Asa's Bug/glitchs particularly with the game not saveing and thus Not playable. >.> and there is absolutely no excuse for this still to be a thing for like a month now, and i get not everyone plays on xbox and others have mixed thoughts on how Asa is right now wether yes ofcourse for some the game works mostly flawless however for others the game is still messing up and still heavly flawed.

THIS, THIS, THIS! Real quick, hello! First time being here and posting!

Second of all, this is completely true! I have the PS5 version of the game and I've been waiting for something about them finally fixing the issues that it has. I don't care about anything else right now. I just want to play the game! Screw Scorched Earth and all of the fancy, schmancy crap to go with it! Which I (AND MANY OTHERS) can't do on console due to the save issues. It just looks like console players are getting the shaft like with Evolved. What is the point of buying a game that you can't even play? I want to stop crapping on the game and WC but at this point? I'm very tempted to get a refund. We haven't gotten so much as a peep about any fixes to console Ascended!

Third of all, what the heck is the point of showing us this if a not insignificant portion of the fanbase can't even play on the normal game!? PLEASE WILDCARD! Fix the game and please don't force us to pay for this new stuff! I can understand cool looking cosmetics, but please don't hide Scorched Earth behind another paywall! PLEASE FIX THE GAME!

Edited by Nyrmac202
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Nyrmac202 said:

THIS, THIS, THIS! Real quick, hello! First time being here and posting!

Second of all, this is completely true! I have the PS5 version of the game and I've been waiting for something about them finally fixing the issues that it has. I don't care about anything else right now. I just want to play the game! Screw Scorched Earth and all of the fancy, schmancy crap to go with it! Which I (AND MANY OTHERS) can't do on console due to the save issues. It just looks like console players are getting the shaft like with Evolved. What is the point of buying a game that you can't even play? I want to stop crapping on the game and WC but at this point? I'm very tempted to get a refund. We haven't gotten so much as a peep about any fixes to console Ascended!

Third of all, what the heck is the point of showing us this if a not insignificant portion of the fanbase can't even play on the normal game!? PLEASE WILDCARD! Fix the game and please don't force us to pay for this new stuff! I can understand cool looking cosmetics, but please don't hide Scorched Earth behind another paywall! PLEASE FIX THE GAME!

First of all, why and how are you actually acting surprised?

Second of all, you wrote: "What is the point of buying a game that you can't even play?". Well, why did you even buy it in the first place, after months and months of blatant warnings from majority of the community?

Third of all, "I want to stop crapping on the game and WC but at this point? I'm very tempted to get a refund." 

Welcome to the party, a bit late though lol. Tons and tons of players beat you to the punch long ago, and even since have never stopped crapping on it either (did you think they did it for their health?). Soo many of the ones who were indeed "suckered" (sorry to say) have actually in fact did indeed get a refund. Quite easily, actually.

Lastly, you are here begging for the same things to happen, that people have been begging from them for literal YEARS. Smh. Especially "fix the game please". Lol. All they did was try to "bury" the old brokenness by releasing a shiny "new" version with the same bugs (plus a lot more) to "replace" it.  Not trying to be a Negative Nancy, but you got a lot of waiting ahead of you my friend. Don't hold your breath.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mike585x said:

Second of all, you wrote: "What is the point of buying a game that you can't even play?". Well, why did you even buy it in the first place, after months and months of blatant warnings from majority of the community?

Third of all, "I want to stop crapping on the game and WC but at this point? I'm very tempted to get a refund." 

Welcome to the party, a bit late though lol. Tons and tons of players beat you to the punch long ago, and even since have never stopped crapping on it either (did you think they did it for their health?). Soo many of the ones who were indeed "suckered" (sorry to say) have actually in fact did indeed get a refund. Quite easily, actually.

Lastly, you are here begging for the same things to happen, that people have been begging from them for literal YEARS. Smh. Especially "fix the game please". Lol. All they did was try to "bury" the old brokenness by releasing a shiny "new" version with the same bugs (plus a lot more) to "replace" it.  Not trying to be a Negative Nancy, but you got a lot of waiting ahead of you my friend. Don't hold your breath.

Yeah, I was unaware of all of the issues that it still had. I didn't bother checking out of impatience. Now I regret it. It's really sad how we're getting utterly screwed over by something that ought to be fixable and a huge priority. But I guess people were right.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Nyrmac202 said:

Yeah, I was unaware of all of the issues that it still had. I didn't bother checking out of impatience. Now I regret it. It's really sad how we're getting utterly screwed over by something that ought to be fixable and a huge priority. But I guess people were right.

And to add to that last part, I'm referring to the game being just a cash grab.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh and here I was excitedly thinking we were getting a new real-world creature in the adventurer pack. Sad. BUT interesting looking creature that looks like a bigger version of the megachelon, that can also fly. Wasn't what I was expecting at all but alright!!! Definitely sounds potentially very helpful in the Scorched, dry terrain!!!

Also so excited to see Wheatart's piece in here! She made the direwolf sooooo beautiful in that piece! 

1 hour ago, Nyrmac202 said:

And some people questioned me (even on this very forum) when I have previously stated: That was exactly what they hoped for. And it worked (marketing off of impatience especially from taking ASE away), very sad to say.

Edit: as for your follow-up saying it's a cash grab- yup, exactly. Thus while I still choose to remain on ASE (even though ASA was gifted to me for free!)

Edited by Mike585x
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Seruum said:

every dlc has always had dinos and great items behind a paywall. 

Yet it stopped at simply buying the map before. If buying packs for Dinos becomes a thing and players can’t access specific creatures without buying a pack regardless of having the map things get real out of hand real quickly 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

i wonder if the oasisaur is going to be tamable or if it's going to be something like the reefback leviathan from Subnautica, in that it doesn't care about you and follows a random/pre-set movement path, but you can build a base on its back. It may also just be a huge desert titan/titanosaur combo which would also be cool (my only question in that case is how you would tame it since it's so big)! additionally something so big would either need to have a  larger map to facilitate it's size (bigger scorched map???) or a very low spawn rate, the only downside from a low spawn rate would be that it would be a highly sought-after prize and that would make taming one on any server (pvp and pve alike) very very difficult, because given the fact that there would most likely be a spawn cap for them there would only ever be three or four at a time which means that they would all be tamed quite quickly and there would be none left for the main player body on most servers (i know that you could just kill one but A. its a walking landmass so it's going to have a massive health pool, and B. that you won't be able to kill it on scorched in pve because it's a very large animal and all of the bodies of water are to shallow to drown a creature this big making it unkillable because you cant directly hurt a tamed creature in pve unless there are other methods that i don't know of (there probably are)). all this to say i'm looking forward to seeing how wildcard deals with this problem and if they'll use a completely wild version a tamed version or some hybrid (such as a bait-guiding system(throw bait and it'll go toward it) or a giant carrot on a stick)!

would love answers/feedback!

Edited by argonautoracle52
wasn't done yet ):

14 minutes ago, Legion85 said:

All you guys complaining about the frontier pack: are u Poor? Unemployed? The pack will sure be around 10-20 bucks 

All of u Play hundreds of hours in a fkn Game u paid Max Like 50 bucks for

stop crying and buy the pack. Or simply stop crying. It is so ridicolous

The fact that people don't want to dump money on crap doesn't make them poor or unemployed, it just means they got other priorities.

And brains.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

34 minutes ago, Legion85 said:

All you guys complaining about the frontier pack: are u Poor? Unemployed? The pack will sure be around 10-20 bucks 

All of u Play hundreds of hours in a fkn Game u paid Max Like 50 bucks for

stop crying and buy the pack. Or simply stop crying. It is so ridicolous

“Don’t ask questions, just consume product and get excited for next product”. This is you. This is how you sound. You don’t reward a company for implementation of practices like this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

On 1/20/2024 at 2:53 PM, CervantesMor said:

ehhh not exacty, for example in ASE I didn't have Genesis and therefore I didn't have access to Strider and I found myself in situations where I went to some places to collect something specific (for example the Fjordur cave for NonameVenom) and while I was picking the first node here a Strider passed over me which completely ruined my journey, in the time in which I had collected 2 poisons that Straider had cleaned the entire cave. Is it pay2win? I couldn't classify it..

If we want to give a PVP example, without Genesis (worse if I only had Ark with only TheIsland) I wouldn't have access to Shadowmane-Astrodelphis-Astrocetus-etc. and also to some structures like Ammobox etc.. is it pay2win? maybe..

In ASA the maps and their resources/dinos will be accessible to everyone in the same way, but when a new map is released that I might not want to buy but that map contains some animals or weapons OP and you buy that DLC you are paying2win ?

Between you and me, I think that in Ark this concept is a bit controversial to judge, in PVE I can enjoy the game to the full even without purchasing any package that would create advantages so in my opinion I would completely exclude PVE from this discussion , while in PVP I don't think we can talk about P2W until we can buy something like "temporary immortality" "paid protections" "statistical advantages" etc. etc. that can put any player in a situation not accessible to the opponent without having to pay in turn just to get on par, the addition of Dinos/objects/weapons/resources via a new map is almost at the limit of the concept but each of those However, things can be obtained by anyone who is capable of conquering them through beaten or defeated opponents (therefore through your skill and without a payment behind you) they are not advantages that can be obtained exclusively through payment.

All of this is obviously just my personal opinion.

Yup, all very valid points wich I also often mentioned in the past, my comment was more on the ASA situation and the old DLC's are included so far.
I also kind of mellowed on that for ASE since I got friendly tribes providing me with striders, maewings, incubators and shadowmane breeding left-overs until I finaly paid to win myself into Genesis just before Lost Island dropped... In my defense: My partner made me buy it, I agreed on condition I was allowed to also buy Mad Max or Metro Exodus or something like that. Not a bad deal, right?

In my opinion PvE and PvP can be judged same: On PvE shadowmanes were used to push people off platforms to rob their bags when drowned or killed by wilds, spacewhales were used to bluescreen people to drown them or just simply bully them away from the server. PvE has more naughty trolls than PvP since many PvE players are easy victems that don't know how to deal with unseen enemies while honest PvP gives more options to get even.

But back on topic: This new system is a new level of P2W, the packs are no longer cosmetic only like the tek skins on ASE. I'll wait till the "definitive final complete edition" with all skins, dlc's, adventure packs and bug fixes. That will most likely be included in Gamepass for PS7.

• Haha 1

On 1/20/2024 at 2:17 PM, Mike585x said:

To be fair, I had bought mine in Series X in November and not once had I seen mention that you couldn't save the freaking game after a dozen hours. I can forgive jankiness but I can't forgive a game literally being unplayable for almost two months straight because it won't save. If I knew that was an issue at launch, I wouldn't have bought it. I would gladly take a refund if they would offer it.

• Like 1