Dino Render Distance Change

PhotekPlays

LISTEN WILDCARD

just no are you crazy to do that, revert that change for pve 70/70 servers asap

this makes people quit the game

i will return 5 copys of ASA, and you know we all get a refund even with 20k hours played

5 meters view distance is a joke

thats it for me at least if you do not change that bs

• Like 2

Why did last night's patch in the middle of the 24 hour only event no less, make rendering distance outrageously small? Now you get:

• Swaths of areas showing NO dinos until you are pratically literally on top of them
  • Flying into things like gigas that literally appear out of nowhere because of the new idiotic rendering
  • Cant see your own dinos across your base
  • Cant go fast on a dino and have one follow because, wow, yep: they render out

This has to be one of the most thoughtless things added to the game. And you thought flying babies, vanishing dinos, or dinos going through the floor was bad? This takes the cake..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, JetJaguar said:

• Swaths of areas showing NO dinos until you are pratically literally on top of them
  • Flying into things like gigas that literally appear out of nowhere because of the new idiotic rendering
  • Cant see your own dinos across your base
  • Cant go fast on a dino and have one follow because, wow, yep: they render out

Guess you are talking ASA but it sounds like what happened on ASE when servers got busy. Not realy sure if it is indeed smaller render distance or just slow rendering but it seems kind of scaling to server load.

Its a ridiculous change i cant even see my own dinos in my own base and my base is not big at all. 

Also, I landed in an area i thought was safe to regain stamina to find i landed next to yutys and carnos i was so lucky to get away.  

You cant tame asyou literally need to be in the dinos lap to see it.  Put it back to what it was originally.

• Like 1

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to Dino Render Distance Change
59 minutes ago, sokiexio said:

[...]

my question is, why did they do this...?

because the servers suck and can't live up to the promise they imply with xx / 70.

On that matter WC caters to Nitrado and not the players. Less dinos to render as you don't see them means less load to the server.  It's easier to limit our experience than fixing the broken decay timers which, considering all the abandoned structures by people who are not as stupid like you and me and left the game, add load to the server(s) for sure.

All in all ASA is performing way worse than ASE did up to Gen2. And it's worse than Gen2 as well which was crashing with almost every server save but ran without the massive rubber-banding (to the most extent).

• Like 1

For me, this is by far the worst change they have done in regards to immersion, gameplay, and overall fun. (from a PvE point).

I hope its only temporary whilst they work on resolving the true underlying performance issues, and i can only assume that it is because the impact it has on taming, pet following, and environment in general is severe.

If this turns out to be permanent then Official is dead to me as its just not fun to play.

5 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

They intend on trying to improve this change today. 

trying ... improve ?

maybe they should try to play their own game on an Official server incognito as Average Joe and not as an almighty GM. Other than that there hardly is anything to try but to revert a setting or two. Granted that I'm not a programmer so maybe it takes more than just change a value but they SHOULD know how to revert as they're the ones who made this bogus change in the first place

• Thanks 1

Yesterday’s patch did absolutely nothing to render distance at least on Xbox. This is absolutely horrible and makes me want to refund the game. Please stop with this stuff and get better at communication because this is crazy. You reduced render during the biggest yearly event of the game and didn’t tell a single soul. You let us think it was a big for over 24hr and ignored every question or comment about it. Now this “fix” that happened yesterday did absolutely nothing. You are making this game extremely annoying to play, especially when some of us are already questioning why we are even still playing. PLEASE work on communication, keeping players in the dark is NOT how you should ever handle situations.

PLEASE FIX RENDER!!