Wipe Official Servers

NoOneBtw

Suggestion

After almost 2 years of constant breeding, every larger group now has incredibly mutated dinos that are nowhere close to what the game was originally balanced around. This means that dinos like Rhinos or Therizinosaurs deal much more damage and are much harder to kill than they were 1.5 years ago when the game released. Politically, the game is currently very stale, with alliances constant, no big conflicts and many people leaving the main cluster for others clusters or other games for a fresher and more exciting experience. A wipe would easily reset breeding back to its original state and bring these dinos back down to what they were originally, and bring back many players that have left over the last year.

edit: im talking (mostly) about the Official PvP network, non-legacy, main cluster)

• Answers 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On 9/29/2019 at 2:43 AM, RealGamer420 said:

The idea of wiping is totally evil. It doesn't matter if you become successful or not. If u are talking about the problem of not finding empty place. There are other solutions to that problem like the tribe which will claim a lot of land just by pillar/foundation, it may be possible to limit how many pillars/foundations a tribe can use in 1 server. 

Someone informed about Rust, Rust gets wiped so many players did not buy Rust. So Do not ask Ark to be like Rust at least in this case.

xD ..tell me how will u play head to head with a mega tribe with hundreds of mutations in dinos?! yeap.. u cant .. its not about open space to build... time to time ark needs a wipe or a new cluster , for teams to start at the same time . Even then the most expirience players will basicly "know how" and get advantage .

I believe it is a good time to exhumate this topic)
Maybe in 2019 it was too early to wipe but now I believe official servers are depopulated enough. Maybe there are few people who still prefer to sit on endless piles of super-mutated dinos and millions of stacks of element but who cares? They are just some old people tired of life)
Gift them an entertainment of starting anew!

i guess whether one support wipe or no wipe, pvp only of pvp and pve,  most of us probably have one common consensus:

this should not happen before we find a way to remove all cheaters, bugs, exploits, glitches, and real money traders (whats the point of wiping if this didnt happen?).

unfortunately i dont see that coming. i guess this topic should be discussed only after all the problems named above are solved.....

The current official servers are coming up to 2 years old now, about as long as legacy servers had been transferable. From a "MegaTribe" perspective a lot of tribes have lost momentum and are losing players. Basically official is losing its player base. The main problem with an official is that it's very hard to balance dinos in PvP when "MegaTribes" are hatching level 450 dinos with 120+ points sometimes in a single stat and smaller tribes are hatching dinos with maybe 60 if they're lucky. The difference in dinosaur stats is insane and therefore very hard to balance. I would suggest changing the mutation system to, first of all, make it so both parents should be under the mutation cap. Meaning that there is a hard cap on the number of mutations a dinosaur can have therefore taming higher stats will end up with higher stats even after mutations, this will take out the constant grind a tribe has to do to keep their dino stats competitive for one and take out the problem of insanely overpowered dinos. Alternatively, keep the system as it allows constant work for breeders to work on, keeping the breeding side of PvP competitive but if this is the case then official servers and dinosaur inbalance would need to be looked at. Possibly a yearly/bi-yearly wipe? 

Furthermore on the problems with official, Duped items, although not as bad as legacy duping still exists and certain tribes and certain items have been duping/ been duped a lot by everyone. I can't think of any way to fix this problem of being able to dupe, most tribes don't fortunately but as the servers go on and rollbacks happen more and more duped items accumulate in the official community and its already affecting the meta of raiding etc and if let to continue will get out of hand eventually. 

Cave building is yet another problem in ark, with the introduction of cryopods it means that tribes aren't forced into caves anymore but yet they still stay in them. Why ? because caves are completely unraidable, in a PvP game if you can make yourself immune to attacks it makes the PvP stale, boring and unbalanced. I would suggest disabling cave building for some caves and allowing some form of cave raiding mechanic, possibly with a future DLC(Not like climbing picks with abberation) Making the caves unbuildable also allows all tribes on a server to farm blueprints and makes farming blueprints more of a challenge and a bit funner than just spawning on a bed and opening up a box every 45 mins. With this, the drops would need to drop better loot though to compensate. If you, however, wanted to keep cave building, as many people do in the community as it allows tribes to store dinosaurs away in a cave, decreasing server lag at the least. To allow cave building would mean that certain mechanics would need changed, parasaurs for one, they shouldn't be able to detect enemies if not ridden, this allows for lazy base sitters to wait for a magic dino to tell them when they are being raided, Ok for small tribes but for bigger tribes it gives too much of an advantage to an already extremely advantaged defence. Other possble ways that could work would be disabling some areas of a cave to be built in, for example the crouch point of abberation shadow cave. meaning that tribes would need to come up with more creative ways to defend their cave other than placing tek turrets at a crouch point and never looking at it again. Disabling the ability to place tek turrets in caves as well might be a good suggestion or having a cave turret limit. Basically there is many ways to allow caves to be viable in the meta; something just needs changed. 

Turret Limit. Although I sense that the turret limit is something that wildcard is happy with, it restricts a lot of base locations, it would be nice to see it raised just a little bit or maybe have it so you can have 100 of each type of turret in the area instead. 

to conclude wiping official servers I think should be a yearly or bi-yearly thing that wildcard does, it keeps the game fresh and allows new tribes to have their go. fixing the current meta is very hard without a wipe and I think the meta does need to be changed if ark is to keep on running for years to come. 

To touch on your mention of "stale gameplay". I think the introduction of different game modes and a deep story mode would help greatly. I posted a suggestion for different game mode ideas for people to post to if you want to stem off of that idea, click my profile, I haven't posted much yet and it'll be easy to find or just follow this URL 

So for noobs and lazy people this might be cool... but for someone who has been playing since day 1.... you gmfu! It didnt stay up all those hours to get new stats and mutations for it to be all taken away. The countless hours i put into base designs over all the different maps. You wipe official and most of the ark player base will be leaving the game. It would be suicide for wildcard, most players would expect that from future games from wildcard so wouldnt waste time.  

On 10/11/2019 at 10:43 PM, Hero101 said:

The reason Officials need to be wiped is the fact that Duping and meshing destroyed the entire player basis. The only remaining PvP “survivors” are all duper’s or meshers or both. The duped gear has been circulating through every tribe on Ark official and that’s a fact. It literlly destroyed the player basis everyone was meshed or wiped by duper tribes.

And the duping continues to happen. So how about you slow your roll and once wildcard manages to find a solution to duping/meshing... then come back and we'll discuss a wipe. Till then, it will be no different than it is now.

Maybe wildcard should actually enforce the game rules and when given video/screenshots of rule breakers, drop the f'ing hammer on them. And how about banning all the Chinese dupers selling 124 armor giga blueprints (and many other things) for REAL money. better yet.... region lock or at the very least kick players with high pings. High ping players absolutely wreck server performance .

31 minutes ago, Kaprosuchus said:

if i had a ingot of metal for every time i've heard an unconfirmed rumor on these forums i could pillar an entire server so nobody could build.

ain't that the truth, probably enough to pillar every server lol.

Wildcard has stated so many times they have no plans to wipe all the servers, ever. 

2 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Nobody is forcing you to play it. You can simply move on.

true, but i paid for this game and cant play because of this cheating/duping behavior. its impossible to build up in this game as a returning/new player. the game is fun, but the cheaters ruined it! the devs are responsible to fix the game....saying that nobody force me to play, is just running away from the facts

Official Servers wipe!

To the Ark Devs as a representative of all Small Tribes players and Official 1x players, we would like a wipe of ALL OFFICIAL SERVERS. This would not only give inspiration for other players to play this game again, but also brings new players to the game and bring long term players back. Duping got out of hand and it’s almost like everyone has the same level 350 plus dinos and tek structures. If y’all would please consider this post and think about it, please take action. 

Thumbs up if you agree!!

As a member of a midsize tribe (10-15 daily actives), I would love a wipe because it would bring back early game pvp for a week or 3, but I can guarantee it won't change anything. The bigger tribe always wins. No matter if its with 1st generation dinos or 615+ gigas. It literally doesn't matter. With more people to go out to tame, harvest, scout, and raid there is not a single thing that a solo or 3 man tribe can do to combat that. Solo/small tribes will never make it on official pvp in the long term. They'll never have the big alpha base. They'll never be at the top. Only possible exception to this is if you had a tribe of 3 in different time zones that had a Valg oil cave (oil cave OP) and a crab.

Best thing new players can do is try to cuddle up to the alpha on their server. Maybe they'll toss a couple old generation dinos your way and offer some protection when outside enemies show up.

If you're not willing to do that, I suggest an unofficial server that has solo/2 man/3 man options.

Archived