Cmon ark devs. Wyvern chaos now.

CptChandler

5 hours ago, Darkholis said:

If you read again my post, I said WE which implies I'm not soloing them (3 men team).

On my cluster (no mods), difficulty setting is at 10, which implies level 300 wild dinos and 360-380 for tek, drakes/wyverns and corrupted dinos. Our gigas are above level 450 (500%+ dmg with 130 saddles) and the managmr is around 430 (700% dmg) as we speak. Corrupted dinos from the red drops usually spawn in the 220-320 range which is still not enough for them to stay alive longer than a few seconds.

After the OSD, each giga hardly lost 3-4k hp out of their 17-18k pool and the managmr is barely touched. So why bother with an owl anyways? I'd rather take a yuti at this point and make things even quicker.

No offense to you, but don't make the assumption that OSDs are impossible to clear with that setup or even solo because YOU can't do it.

Regards.

/sigh.....  You quoted me and said "Red drops are doable without an owl." in response to me saying "I wouldn't solo a red drop without an owl".  You then went on to say how you do red drops without owls, which involved multiple gigas and someone on a managarmr.  I've seen someone do a red drop with 2 gigas and nothing/no one else.  They're ABSOLUTELY doable without an owl.  My suggestion was to not try to SOLO them on a VELONASAUR (which should have been understood, had you actually read the original post you quoted) without some extensive mutation breeding.  Mine is 15k HP and 1k melee damage (which is VERY high on both) with almost 8k stamina (again... very high).  I would be concerned trying to solo a red drop with THAT.  The level of your gigas is irrelevant to the comment you originally quoted.  You quoted a very specific comment and then stated things that had absolutely nothing to do with the comment you quoted.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Velonasaur's from a good breeding line are good for defence but to be honest I think they're going to be nerfed in the near future (which I don't think they need, they have low hp and stam to make up for the high dmg output) which would mean we're back to no hope with these corrupt wyverns. 

I played single player, force tamed a lvl 145 wild Velo (so it ended up being about lvl 216) and leveled it until it had about 6k HP, 3k stam and 400% melee. I was able to kill a lvl 100 corrupted wyvern but died to a lvl 300 one, which means even the average high level tamed Velonasaur is still not enough to defend.

I no longer play Extinction, I transferred to a SE server. I played on Extinction from release until a week ago and the corrupt wyverns are definitely the biggest problem. Luckily a few people on the server I was playing on got along and team up with the tribe who has (and has had for weeks now) the titans so sometimes the wyverns get killed but not all the time, a lot of people have had their base wiped unfairly. 

Definitely needs to be fixed, and to anyone who has yet to try Extinction (or ARK in general), I recommend waiting until these issues have been officially addressed. Even other map servers are experiencing extreme lag and bugs due to this buggy DLC.

It doesn't make sense allowing lvl 300+ corrupted wyverns flying around the city after they spawn out of a drop, only for them to wipe pretty much all bases they come across and even killing Velonasaurs and destroying turrets in the process. 

"Just put loads of turrets on all targets" / "Just build up really high" yeye we know, easy to say, but on Small Tribe servers it's an absolute nightmare. Pretty much everyone on our official server agrees they are OP. Insane aggro range, hard to evade and their damage and health is just insane.

On 11/17/2018 at 11:51 PM, ForzaProiettile said:

Some people in this thread seem to be a bit confused on what PVE is about.

PVE isn't meant to be some safe zone paradise where you can build giant aesthetic structures forever since nothing can hurt you. Instead of aggressive humans you fight the environment which includes wild dinos be it level 5 or level 400. That's part of the core content of PVE.

In this particular case the devs have obviously seen all the complaints about people saying PVE is boring and the others aren't a challenge and given them what they asked for. Enjoy it.

On 11/22/2018 at 1:49 AM, ForzaProiettile said:

I'm a PVP player. I've never had any interest in playing PVE so forgive me if I get some of the aspects of it wrong.

Almost seems like you don't know what you're talking about. Plain and simple, level 400 Wyverns shouldn't be in an area marked up for beginners. Not everyone on PvE can defend against these abominations that aren't supposed to be there in the first place. It would be different if this were in the Wasteland, were someone gets jumped by random leftover OSD creatures, but it isn't. Some people have no way of defending themselves from these things, but rather than actually contribute to the conversation you'd rather call them "bad" for playing a more passive mode of the game. This isn't some random low level Corrupt Raptor or Rex that randomly walked in from the wild, these are flying death machines with more health than I want to think about that will absolutely demolish any tame you throw at them early game. This isn't your hardcore PvP mode where you crave destruction and carnage, this is a mode where people don't want others kiting OP creatures to their base and destroying it, which mind you, is against the Code of Conduct on PvE.

It's my opinion that OSD creatures shouldn't go beyond a certain distance from the drops, and should stay in that radius even after the drop disappears, or disappear entirely with the drop.

(PVE) It seems chaotic now but once you start figuring things out and settling in they become trivial.

The server needs to work together until you can build plant X turrets.

Plant X still deals around 30 damage per hit I think to corrupted, vs only like 12 damage from a Heavy turret/tek turret.

I understand that's not the answer you wanted, but here is the thing. This is Arks last cannon map. It should be difficult, as it is. This game is based around survival, and loss. If everything went perfectly all the time it would start to feel dull. 

The fear of wyverns, and even having my first 2 bases wiped before our server tackled the problem, was the most fun, yet infuriating, time I have had on ark so far. Its challenging. If you don't like the challenge, the island, center, and ragnarok are much easier to survive on.

Once you start settling in you will manage just fine on Extinction as well.

(PVP) Same story, but people use the corrupted as pvp tools very often. While the state of the game is PERFECT in PVE in my opinion, I can't say the same for PVP. It's pretty much a wreck fest. Be it random wyverns, or kited wyverns, getting destroyed is going to be a very common thing on this map. Since I'm not a PVP player, it's hard for me to chime in there. If they do anything though, I hope it doesn't kill the enjoyment of PVE in it's current state.

2 hours ago, Qwertymine said:

This isn't your hardcore PvP mode where you crave destruction and carnage, this is a mode where people don't want others kiting OP creatures to their base and destroying it, which mind you, is against the Code of Conduct on PvE.

I agree that corrupted dinos spawned as part of a vein/OSD needs to be despawned thereafter.

Regarding kitting of corrupted. Here is part of my post from this topic:

On 11/27/2018 at 12:47 PM, Darkholis said:

Here is the link to the code of conduct. https://survivetheark.com/code-of-conduct/

PvE Specific Griefing
Intentionally using WILD creatures to destroy a player's assets when not in a tribe war.

Kitting wild creatures is 100% against the CoC, no debate there. My point is that corrupted dinos does not even have the prefix "wild" in their name to begin with. That is why I believe it is a gray zone. Yes I am arguing over semantics, but corrupted are not wild creatures anymore, they are hive-mind entities. Unless WC makes an official statement, this is not 100% clear in my book.

Regards.

2 hours ago, banggugyangu said:

Nothing needs to be done to any of the creatures to fix this, all that needs to happen is in the event of a failed OSD defense, all mobs spawned as part of that OSD defense should simply despawn. 

(Another option)...OR make the "shields" around the ice and desert biome, and the city that stops the meteors act as a kill zone or infinite HP shield against the corrupted creatures. They already have the programming for the shield that goes around the OSD's, so just make them bigger, and not slowly expand just be there on render or indefinetly. 

13 hours ago, Darkholis said:

I agree that corrupted dinos spawned as part of a vein/OSD needs to be despawned thereafter.

Regarding kitting of corrupted. Here is part of my post from this topic:

Regards.

That's kinda nitpicky don't you think? They obviously aren't tamed, and cannot be controlled by players outside of kiting, just like wild creatures. The implication is that they don't need a wild prefix, they are "corrupted". Any creature with a corrupted prefix is almost the exact same as its normal counterparts, except they are all extremely aggressive, can destroy any structure, and will help corrupted creatures of a completely different species. The "hive mind" just makes them all attack you. The absence of a wild prefix doesn't justify this problem. A level 450 wild Fire Wyvern and a level 450 Corrupted Wyvern are the exact same problem. Are you saying only kiting the wild Fire Wyvern is punishable?

Intentional kiting falls under the concept of "griefing".  Griefing is against terms of conduct.  You could be intentionally kiting dodos, and that's against the rules.  Whether or not someone is punished for breaking code of conduct as well as the severity of said punishment falls upon Wild Card's judgement, which is notoriously bad.  (I mean, the judgement call to not despawn level 300+ event creatures upon failure of said event....)  As far as making the domes kill or block corrupted,  I don't like this idea.  I agree that having to deal with the naturally spawning corrupted wandering in, sometimes, adds to the challenge and makes things a little more fun.  I don't like the thought of taking those things away from the experience.  The problem isn't the naturally spawning corrupted, though.  It's the event corrupted from the higher level OSDs and element veins.  As I said before, if these corrupted simply despawn upon a failed attempt, then problem solved.

2 hours ago, Darkholis said:

Until further clarification from WC, yes.

I do know it sounds weird because it is, but what isn't with Extinction anyways?

Your argument of semantics is completely flawed.  The use of the term "wild" in that post can be replaced with "untamed" to better convey what the devs were trying to portray.  Yes, Corrupted dinos don't have the "Wild" moniker.  The reason they don't have said moniker is due to the fact that it is impossible to have a tamed corrupted dino.  The devs weren't saying that it's against the rules to use dinos with "Wild" in front of their names to grief people.  They were saying you can't kite aggressive AI mobs to people with the purpose of griefing them.  I'm an advocate of arguing semantics a lot of the time, because understanding the proper meaning of words being used is important.  You're reading WAY too far into that one speciic word in this case, and frankly, you're way off base with it.

Your argument of semantics is completely flawed.  The use of the term "wild" in that post can be replaced with "untamed" to better convey what the devs were trying to portray.  Yes, Corrupted dinos don't have the "Wild" moniker.  The reason they don't have said moniker is due to the fact that it is impossible to have a tamed corrupted dino.  The devs weren't saying that it's against the rules to use dinos with "Wild" in front of their names to grief people.  They were saying you can't kite aggressive AI mobs to people with the purpose of griefing them.  I'm an advocate of arguing semantics a lot of the time, because understanding the proper meaning of words being used is important.  You're reading WAY too far into that one speciic word in this case, and frankly, you're way off base with it.

I believe we'll never be in agreement on that point. I have my own interpretation of the CoC and you have yours which I respect and accept.

Intentional kiting falls under the concept of "griefing".  Griefing is against terms of conduct.  You could be intentionally kiting dodos, and that's against the rules.

Again a matter of interpretation. ?

Whether or not someone is punished for breaking code of conduct as well as the severity of said punishment falls upon Wild Card's judgement, which is notoriously bad.

100% agree there.

Here is a good example I'll never forget. 2 years ago, one infamous chinese tribe, that was known for blatant hacks & exploits, was caught cheating in a SOFT tournament and got banned from said event. It never occured to WC's staff that it would be a good idea to investigate said tribe activities within the game. Their official response was something in that fashion: "We cannot make the assumption that a tribe is doing suspicious activities within the game solely based on the recent events and take actions accordingly."

The problem isn't the naturally spawning corrupted, though.  It's the event corrupted from the higher level OSDs and element veins.  As I said before, if these corrupted simply despawn upon a failed attempt, then problem solved.

Once again, 100% agree.

There are a few options already on the table. Among them:
- WC could update the CoC and make their stance regarding corrupted crystal clear.
- Despawn all creatures that were part of an OSD/vein upon failure/completion of said event.
- Submit a ticket to WC if you are unsure that kitting corrupted is against the CoC. See below.

When in doubt, reach out to us at ARKEnforcement@studiowildcard.com. Ensure you’re acting with some semblance of decency when conducting yourself on our Official Network.

At the end of the day, no matter how hard we argue left and right on the matter. The final say has to come from WC.
Regards.

2 hours ago, Darkholis said:

I believe we'll never be in agreement on that point. I have my own interpretation of the CoC and you have yours which I respect and accept.

Again a matter of interpretation. ?

100% agree there.

Here is a good example I'll never forget. 2 years ago, one infamous chinese tribe, that was known for blatant hacks & exploits, was caught cheating in a SOFT tournament and got banned from said event. It never occured to WC's staff that it would be a good idea to investigate said tribe activities within the game. Their official response was something in that fashion: "We cannot make the assumption that a tribe is doing suspicious activities within the game solely based on the recent events and take actions accordingly."

Once again, 100% agree.

There are a few options already on the table. Among them:
- WC could update the CoC and make their stance regarding corrupted crystal clear.
- Despawn all creatures that were part of an OSD/vein upon failure/completion of said event.
- Submit a ticket to WC if you are unsure that kitting corrupted is against the CoC. See below.

When in doubt, reach out to us at ARKEnforcement@studiowildcard.com. Ensure you’re acting with some semblance of decency when conducting yourself on our Official Network.

At the end of the day, no matter how hard we argue left and right on the matter. The final say has to come from WC.
Regards.

What you're missing is the fact that when the code of conduct was originally written, any mob that wasn't tamed had the "Wild" moniker.  This includes bosses and non-tamable mobs like the Yeti.  It was literally a situation of a green/red name or a yellow name starting with "Wild".  Corrupted dinos are the first instance of anything different than that.  You're making the assumption that wild card put so much thought into the naming of those dinos to make it "OK" to grief other players with them.  There are 2 problems with that:  1, that's a GREAT way to alienate a large portion of the player base and cause them to not only quit the game, but avoid all future wild card titles, and 2, Wild Card has never put that much thought into anything at all in the first place.  You're quite literally advocating grief kiting.  This tells me that you, perhaps, subscribe to that practice as well.

Archived