I hate the new rex look

Jasonc

That's unfortunate and I'm sorry you don't like it, but considering the amount of work that's going into this TLC pass it's safe to assume that it will never change. Eventually, a mod may pop up that allows you to revert the model, but for now, I suggest you find a way to make peace with it. In time you may even find yourself liking it.

27 minutes ago, Jasonc said:

Anyone else think the new rex look, looks way too similar to the allo? I HATE how it's spine now goes all the up to its nose and it takes the unique look the allos had, and ruins it, I absolutely HATE how the rexs look now, but I'm just one guy, whats your opinion?

Its almost as if tyrannosaurus and allosaurus shared a common ancestry or something ;)

The look of the new rex is different. i would say its more realistic than the older version. the older models head was too rounded but the new version is more angled but may be too angled. it does have a meaner look to it. too bad wc couldnt have bought the copy rights for the mesh of the t-rex used in the jurassic parks movie, because that is a really good looking rex

but also most dinosaur experts dont believe the allosaur was an ancestor of the trex. the allosaur lived in the jurassic time period and the trex lived 100 millions years later at the very end of the dinosaur period before it all ended for them. the ancestor of the trex during the time of the allosaur would have been a dinosaur that looked like a raptor

34 minutes ago, Woodsman said:

The look of the new rex is different. i would say its more realistic than the older version. the older models head was too rounded but the new version is more angled but may be too angled. it does have a meaner look to it. too bad wc couldnt have bought the copy rights for the mesh of the t-rex used in the jurassic parks movie, because that is a really good looking rex

but also most dinosaur experts dont believe the allosaur was an ancestor of the trex. the allosaur lived in the jurassic time period and the trex lived 100 millions years later at the very end of the dinosaur period before it all ended for them. the ancestor of the trex during the time of the allosaur would have been a dinosaur that looked like a raptor

Theyre not descendants of each other, but they are both from a common ancestor, being theropods. (If I remember I believe the giga is more closely related to the allo?)

43 minutes ago, Wazzamaniac said:

Theyre not descendants of each other, but they are both from a common ancestor, being theropods. (If I remember I believe the giga is more closely related to the allo?)

the giga was from south america and both the trex and allosaur was in north america. i think in about the same region but in different time periods. i dont know how close gigas are to allos. the giga and trex were both apex predators during their time. the allo might have been and maybe ark just made them small for what ever reason because i remember in another pc game with dinosaurs the allosaur was able the same as a trex (but would be interesting to research dinosaurs on the net)

10 hours ago, Jasonc said:

Anyone else think the new rex look, looks way too similar to the allo? I HATE how it's spine now goes all the up to its nose and it takes the unique look the allos had, and ruins it, I absolutely HATE how the rexs look now, but I'm just one guy, whats your opinion?

Well, I for one really do like the new looks. Especially the change in color regions. But to heck with that, has no one noticed how they move now? They are awesome, they look like they are squatting down to run like they should. Very smooth movement and that's not even mentioning the new ability they gained, (besides the roar, the poop and the screen shake and the sound waves) the ability to step over rocks.

32 minutes ago, Palenor said:

Well, I for one really do like the new looks. Especially the change in color regions. But to heck with that, has no one noticed how they move now? They are awesome, they look like they are squatting down to run like they should. Very smooth movement and that's not even mentioning the new ability they gained, (besides the roar, the poop and the screen shake and the sound waves) the ability to step over rocks.

AND THE TURN RADIUS OMG

49 minutes ago, Wazzamaniac said:

AND THE TURN RADIUS OMG

I don't mind walking them during raising anymore (still not the precision of a yuty or theri walk) and I can actually bite somewhat behind me when a raptor tries to eat my butt now. People were very disappointed in the descriptive version of the Rex TLC but the actual things implemented are huge improvements. 

The Rex has always been my favorite creature, like ever. I love the new model, it looks fantastic.

As mentioned previously the turn radius is so much better, gone are the days that a wolf would blind sight you. It also shows how important muscle and bones are in creature design, the older model is so stiff compared to this now. Additional, I agree that they fixed the roar, its very good now.

The other day I had to tranq a Rex, and oh boy, it was awesome, since they climb better now days. It was a fun challenge for solo.

I believe they did a great job in all creature TLCs so far. Can't wait to see the others. 

8 hours ago, Woodsman said:

the giga was from south america and both the trex and allosaur was in north america. i think in about the same region but in different time periods. i dont know how close gigas are to allos. the giga and trex were both apex predators during their time. the allo might have been and maybe ark just made them small for what ever reason because i remember in another pc game with dinosaurs the allosaur was able the same as a trex (but would be interesting to research dinosaurs on the net)

If only there was some way for dinosaurs to cross continental boundaries.   Perhaps if the continents were to fit together like some sort of puzzle.  Then the allos would be able to visit south america!  (This is a pangaea comment, btw.)

In all seriousness, though, I like the new model.  No one REALLY knows what the T-Rex looked like.   We have several hypotheses from various sources.   I'm fine with anyone's interpretation, so long as it looks good.  I think the new model looks good.  Do I think it's how the T-Rex actually looked? Probably not.  Do I care?  No.  Also, size doesn't depict whether or not something is an apex predator.  To be an apex predator, you just have to be the top of the food chain.  That is to say, you're the predator above all predators.  With that said, the predators who were larger in size usually became the apex, simply because of sheer strength.

Old Rex model < New Rex model. 

Did old one look more realistic, does new one? I don't care as like banggugyangu stated no way to actually know, at least not until we start cloning them with some frogs or something. Does the new one look like the Allo? Maybe, that's up to debate as it's a fact we all hear and see a little differently on top of having our own opinions. I don't feel they look similar but I understand why someone would feel that way. Bottom line the new Rex looks, moves, performs, is better. [my opinion:P]. 

Based on the rex, how much more I like the wolves now, and how much better the bear looks [haven't used bear yet*] I have a lot of faith the rest of the TLC updates will be AWESOME! I

*haven't used my bear yet because it was honey brown prior and now is a polar bear and we have to get to know each other all over again because she looks like a stranger now... just weird trying to ride and entire time I am not focused on anything but who is this strange polar bear and where did my brown bear go?

For me, someone who's been a dino nut their entire life and who's seen every documentary on dinosaurs ever, paintings, drawings, scoured Google images etc... the old one was one of the worst rex designs ever in my opinion. It looked like a fat Yoshi with a big nose and skinny little yellow teeth. No muscle tone. It was bad and not just because it was inaccurate either. The new one is one of my favorite rex looks ever now. It kept the spirit of the old one and applied it to a superior and more accurate (to skull shape) design. The iconic curved railroad spike teeth, the muscle tone, the better animations, everything about it is so much better. An awesome rex was the biggest thing missing from the game for me. I love it! 

5 minutes ago, Jacira said:

I thought it was established by scientists that the trex was in fact not an apex predator but a scavenger dinosaur due to its deformed arms and inability to sneak up on its prey?

It's been debated and opinions vary, but most don't believe that. Jack Horner is pretty much the only one pushing that theory. Rex's arms obviously wouldn't be any use in a fight, but he easily makes up for it with one of the most powerful bites of all time. And there's no reason he wouldn't be able to sneak up on his prey. Predators are usually skilled at ambush tactics.

At the end of the day it's all just speculation, but I think the general consensus is that Rex was an opportunistic feeder who would take a free meal if he could, but who would also hunt if he had to.

On 2/28/2018 at 8:42 PM, Woodsman said:

Giganotosaurus was an allosaur,like allosaurus.

The rex looks fine, but they forgot the most important part. Feathers!  Dinosaurs had more in common with birds than lizards. Feathers just dont make good fossils in the areas where the dinos died.

To this day no one had found a complete skeleton of a anklo. They just did their best guess. Even without feathers its my favorite dino though.

15 hours ago, Lockjaw said:

It's been debated and opinions vary, but most don't believe that. Jack Horner is pretty much the only one pushing that theory. Rex's arms obviously wouldn't be any use in a fight, but he easily makes up for it with one of the most powerful bites of all time. And there's no reason he wouldn't be able to sneak up on his prey. Predators are usually skilled at ambush tactics.

At the end of the day it's all just speculation, but I think the general consensus is that Rex was an opportunistic feeder who would take a free meal if he could, but who would also hunt if he had to.

There is 1 problem with the rex sneaking tho, how is anything capable of causing tremors when it walks gonna sneak up on something LOL

Archived