Egg farm, is 10 of each overkill?

Grandta

There is (or at least was) such a thing as a max amount of eggs that can be laid on the ground in a certain radius at once.

So it is quite possible to get too many dinos for kibble farms that they might to start interfering with each other.

Half your proposed amount should suffice if you diligently check up on your egg layers.

1 female might do it, depending on how much rex you raise and how often you visit the egg barn.
cuddles and walks are asked more often then kibbles.

i am raising animals non stop for at least 2 months and from the egglayers that i have one female of, i have 50 eggs/kibble in stock.
from the females that i have 2 of, about 100 in stock.

4 females will be total overkill, even 3 is alot.

for the first time you will like to have a buffer of kibbles. 2 of each kibble per rex.

It just depends on how long u want to wait to have enough kibble to tame something.  If you just want kibble to feed for imprinting  - 1 male plus 2 or 3 females is fine to get what you need going.  But if you want to tame something and need a lot, then grab as many low level females as you can and spread out your eggers .   If you cluster them all in a small area, the dinos that lay eggs a lot will keep the rare droppers from dropping theirs.  Keep your Dodo's away from your dimetrons and so on.  Once you have enough eggs to tame the entire map, downsize.

Our Island egg farm has a min of 2 of each of the required girls and seems to produce all we need.  

However, since installing Structures+ with the auto-item collector I'm guessing that I either didn't check regularly enough or most were lost to ground - get a LOT more picked up by the S+ mod item collector so don't need as many anymore - just 1 female and 1 male of each.

1 male is enough

10 of each is pretty overkill, for some of the dinos. Since some dinos are laying egg much more often than other does. 5 is more realistic, 1 male 4 females. 
It also depends on which area of the map your base is located, some areas tend to make the dinos lay eggs more often. And for the dimetrodon, it as an example lay more eggs if it's "half" under water. 

I've done a lot of kibble farms and if you want to maximize your egg output especially if starting from nothing 2 males CAN have a positive effect. There is no additional laying bonus but some wild tame dinos just seem to lay more than others, furthermore some males seem to cause more eggs to produce than others. Bred kibble dinos seem to be more consistent in laying however. I used to keep track of which of my females was laying the most and when it came time to thin only get rid of the poor producers.

Archived