You're Ruining The Ocean! (Video Proof)

Crows

8 minutes ago, iAmE said:

Still waiting to hear an explanation of why 50 points in Oxygen doesn't let me outswim anything. I do kind of live on the bottom of the ocean, and not being able to get around without flippers, while rare, is pretty bloody annoying. 

I'm not on PC, but on Xbox so haven't seen this patch yet. It does sound like they have nerfed the Oxygen stat completely, but the patch notes only mention dino's. Too bad I guess the ocean has just gotten even more dangerous...

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 30.3.2017 at 3:55 PM, Crows said:

Agreed. Speaking of which; 

How amazing, right? yet we know that even a badass Tek Mosa will get cheese-killed by a group of stealth eels and other sea creatures that just so happen to join the ganking party. 

I'm not at all excited about the Tek Mosa because of eels. Not one bit. WildCard are completely unaware right now or they're just ignoring the whole eel issue. 

just along all other issues :)

man its so baad, new troll meta is kiting eels close to waterpens, since they are extremly aggro you can be sure they attack as soon as the gate/wall is unloaded  animals in the pen have no chance, caught 2 jokers trying that today,  eels need to be adressed, jellyfish are kinda fine actually, they dont bug as bad, and are slow enough you can see them coming,also they dont hide in the walls as often, 

please fix/remove eels, that video should be proof enough that they are broken

21 minutes ago, JMac said:

Now you have done it...

You folks complained and now WC will swing the "hammer of stupidity" and make all sea animals stun-lock you, then slowly add buffs over the next 6 months to fix the actual issue while upsetting half their community.

I'm not liking the direction ARK has been going for the last few months. I'm more of a casual player, although I play a lot. Stuff like stun lock, dinos that steal your stuff, slow flyers, etc. Seems like all the latest features are just plan annoying and not much fun.

I'm playing on Ragnarok, on one beach I ran from a Pegomastax trying to steal my stuff and then run into another that gets my stuff. Later I'm trying to do something and a Ichthyornis steals my stuff before I even see it coming.

It feels like random stuff is just being thrown into the game to drive us all out of the game. Not sure why we need so many. It is getting really hard for me to identify and remember what they all are. This new Ichthyyornis has a similar name to the Ichthyosaurus. The later has the short name of Ichthy, so what do we call the bird? This is just getting way to frustrating and confusing.

Since I'm on an unofficial, I'm tempted to ask the admin to remove a few of these new characters, although he doesn't like to make the game too easy.

The ocean is no fun anymore, rafts are pretty much useless, water tames aside from basil are pretty much useless. Jelly's where fine, if Eels acted more like them, where you had a chance to react before they shocked you, it would be worlds better.

Leeds are bad for rafts.

Eels are bad for tames.

Basil is the only thing worth using now.

1 minute ago, JMac said:

It does seem like they paint themselves into a corner all the time and then their solution is the nerf the dog crap out things.  Now the Basil is the OP water dino, how long until the water nerf?

The only thing the basil is good for is travelling safely, terrible for caves as they are close to too deep. though its damage isnt too bad, but its pretty slow.

On 4/5/2017 at 8:02 PM, ilShadow said:

The only thing the basil is good for is travelling safely, terrible for caves as they are close to too deep. though its damage isnt too bad, but its pretty slow.

I really do see how beneficial the basil is because of this, but I honestly don't want to be using it while I have a decent squid... and I don't even want to touch my mosas unfortunately :( If only they fixed the whole eel & squid's head collision issue and the squid's hit box (closer to the seat) then it would solve the problem of the squid getting stuck in a group or pinned against something. It's a damn giant squid afterall.

My solution: Fix the collisions, hitbox and/or give squid's ink spray ability a knock-back effect similar to Wyverns who're on the ground and flap their wings.

• 2 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, Crows said:

I'm sad to say that we've been trying to tame a good Basil now after getting pinned in a cave on our squid and then our allies losing both of their squids in the hard underwater cave due to eels pinning them against the cave wall... >:(

Just went into both underwater caves with 2 max tame basils (both tamed at 150) Male and female, between the mate boost and leveling only health and melee, we wrecked shop. Like we fought 3 270 mosa's and a high level squid at the same time and came out on top easily.

On Wed Apr 05 2017 at 1:38 PM, wildbill said:

I'm not liking the direction ARK has been going for the last few months. I'm more of a casual player, although I play a lot. Stuff like stun lock, dinos that steal your stuff, slow flyers, etc. Seems like all the latest features are just plan annoying and not much fun.

I'm playing on Ragnarok, on one beach I ran from a Pegomastax trying to steal my stuff and then run into another that gets my stuff. Later I'm trying to do something and a Ichthyornis steals my stuff before I even see it coming.

It feels like random stuff is just being thrown into the game to drive us all out of the game. Not sure why we need so many. It is getting really hard for me to identify and remember what they all are. This new Ichthyyornis has a similar name to the Ichthyosaurus. The later has the short name of Ichthy, so what do we call the bird? This is just getting way to frustrating and confusing.

Since I'm on an unofficial, I'm tempted to ask the admin to remove a few of these new characters, although he doesn't like to make the game too easy.

Suppose to group up, ark is meant to be played within a tribe.. they are making it harder to go solo (troll nerfing partially imo), or you will just have to be super careful and it will take longer to do things. I almost died to a stun locking microrapter, purlovia, terror bird combo the other day.. barely got out alive on my flyer.. part of it, adapt and survive..

1 hour ago, Ep1cM0nk3y said:

Suppose to group up, ark is meant to be played within a tribe.. they are making it harder to go solo (troll nerfing partially imo), or you will just have to be super careful and it will take longer to do things. I almost died to a stun locking microrapter, purlovia, terror bird combo the other day.. barely got out alive on my flyer.. part of it, adapt and survive..

I'm not sure how your reply to my comment about how the new creatures are making the game less fun is relevant. Everyone starts solo before they join a tribe. Making the game harder and less fun to play solo is just going to drive the new players away from the game. That make no sense to me. If they want to stop trolls, they need to fix a few of the mechanics that are extremely useful for trolls, like having a Rock Elemental destroy structures it is not agro'd to.

I've started playing with the Pugnacia Dino mod on Thieves Island. The Pugnacia mod is a whole different take on how to make the game hard. And it is much harder to survive solo with this. They have removed the ability to steal stuff from all the ones that do, and I don't miss it one bit.

36 minutes ago, wildbill said:

I'm not sure how your reply to my comment about how the new creatures are making the game less fun is relevant. Everyone starts solo before they join a tribe. Making the game harder and less fun to play solo is just going to drive the new players away from the game. That make no sense to me. If they want to stop trolls, they need to fix a few of the mechanics that are extremely useful for trolls, like having a Rock Elemental destroy structures it is not agro'd to.

I've started playing with the Pugnacia Dino mod on Thieves Island. The Pugnacia mod is a whole different take on how to make the game hard. And it is much harder to survive solo with this. They have removed the ability to steal stuff from all the ones that do, and I don't miss it one bit.

Having to constantly have your wits about you is challenging. Just because you don't find it fun doesn't mean it's not for someone else. I've joined a tribe of 10 plus 15 minutes into a server, or you can get a bunch of ppl together before a server starts so you are ready to go asap. You can mod your way out of your issues or you can conquer them..

36 minutes ago, Crows said:

Here's an inside view of a pack of eels that swam inside my squid pinning it there and avoiding every hit. I had to dismount, shoot them with a crossbow while hoping that there were no other predators around me while I'm exposed. This shouldn't happen. Blatantly broken. 

Hp7kSXE.jpg

the horror, lucky you could actually shoot them, when this happened to me i couldnt hit them, just keept hitting the squid, tried every angle, in the end the squid just died... haunting screenshot tho brings the problem to the point, best make another post in bugreports with exactly this screenshot, 

They need to make it to where you can take that purple Oil that the Basilosaurus and Tusoteuthis produces, and Remote Use it on yourself or a dino to make them immune to Eel stun for 5-10 minutes. You'd still need a Basilosaurus or Tusoteuthis then, but would be able to use other Aquatic dinos without constant fear of being stun locked to death.

Archived