You're Ruining The Ocean! (Video Proof)

Crows

I usually spend a lot of time in the ocean but ever since they announced the electric eels, I've left it alone for about a week. I've seen lots of complaints about the eels already so I wanted to go down into the ocean and see for myself, and surprise surprise, 30 seconds after getting on my Mosa 3 electric eels come swimming upto me out of nowhere and stun me right off my Mosa so I swim up, wait for the eels to swim away for a moment (after their shock attack) and quickly get back on my mosa to hopefully bite them. Got them in the end but wow, this is ridiculous LOL and I thought Cindria/Jellies were annoying!?

So now I'm forced to use my squid. I can't use my manta, I can't use my shark nor my ichthy (dolphin) because the eels will just stun me off and I'll probably get ganked by something else in the process. I'm not going to bother entering any cave either if the eels can just stack inside my squid's head and trap him there.

Sort the ocean out please! 

Update....

Well, I used my squid a lot and now I don't even like using it because of eels!

Here's video proof I just uploaded recently... I'm not going into the ocean on my squid until this is fixed. (Collisions/eels inside squid and out of hitbox range)

Edit: Here's another topic to show just how ridiculous eels are.

Inside view of eels stuck inside my squid, pinning it there; 

Hp7kSXE.jpg

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, NeDeX said:

yesterday i got my best mosa killed cause of those jelly fishes :) was fighting sharks and dunkleos was alot on me and out of nowhere came like 8 jelly fishes and stunned my mosaa to death . RIP MOSA :D

That's very unfortunate. :( I honestly think jellys and eels stun-effects should only stun our sea dinos for a short duration and not kick us off. It's pure cheesy. Before somebody says Basilosaurus, get outta here. ¬¬

the biggest problem is you only have a slipt second before they can stun again, i hopped off my raft not realizing i missed a jelly, Managed to get from right inder my raft to the ramp which was only two foundations away and onto the ramp before the jelly stunned me unconcious and killed me., had my sickle out, couldnt even switch to my pike to even attempt to defend myself. luckily i had a bed on the raft so i didnt lose anything since all my stuff was on the ramp and the jelly was trapped so i managed to kill it.

This was two days ago and jelly are slow and dont shock too far. I hear the Eels are even worse, with their higher aggro ranges and higher shock distances.

So if i got wiped out by one jelly with 250 health and 0 fortitude, that means for me, the underwater caves are now a complete no go unless i build a battle basilosaurus, which will be a very sub par option.

14 hours ago, Crows said:

I usually spend a lot of time in the ocean but ever since they announced the electric eels, I've left it alone for about a week. I've seen lots of complaints about the eels already so I wanted to go down into the ocean and see for myself, and surprise surprise, 30 seconds after getting on my Mosa 3 electric eels come swimming upto me out of nowhere and stun me right off my Mosa so I swim up, wait for the eels to swim away for a moment (after their shock attack) and quickly get back on my mosa to hopefully bite them. Got them in the end but wow, this is ridiculous LOL and I thought Cindria/Jellies were annoying!?

So now I'm forced to use my squid. I can't use my manta, I can't use my shark nor my ichthy (dolphin) because the eels will just stun me off and I'll probably get ganked by something else in the process. I'm not going to bother entering any cave either if the eels can just stack inside my squid's head and trap him there.

Sort the ocean out please! Maybe quit adding so many CC sea creatures for crying out loud. Give tamed sea dinos a knock-back, or give the eel's shock diminishing returns so that they can't stun-lock your dinos/you. Make them less aggressive perhaps? lower the aggro range? anything!

you can use a Basil to negate the stun effect but i agree that they are to strong atm, that combined with their huge aggro range and the fact that they spawn inside of objects making them invisible (like cave walls) makes the ocean a nightmare right now :) 

Basil stun resistance should be given to all large sea tames. I know lore-wise it's probably something to do about their blubber, but eels take away all the competition to whales. They even get stuck in the tuso's hitbox you you can't attack them. I am fine with jellyfish as they are because they don't chase you down nearly as fast. Speaking of which, in what universe do jellyfish pursue things?

Only having one trump card sea dino makes it lame. And please, wildcard. DO NOT NERF THE WHALE. This is not what we want. Eels are not a challenge. They are unfair.

1 hour ago, Wazzamaniac said:

This is not what we want. Eels are not a challenge. They are unfair.

That basically sums it up.

WC is trying to add new mechanics to make things more of a challenge when in reality, we're up against a battle that leans heavily against us. There's no reason stuns and stun locks should be in this game if we don't have a real way to counter it besides a basil.

Also, stop with the dismounting of players. This game is focused on taming dinos and using them; they're basically forcing us to fight creatures by hand while rendering our dino useless. I lost a perfect tamed 150 spino because I got a bit too close to a group of jelly fish and a couple of sharks decided to join in the fight. I was tossed off my spino, barely made it to shore alive, and turned around in time to watch my spino die. It was on follow the entire time and couldn't move or attack.

Not to mention the countless times I've landed in the redwoods, just to be dismounted and stunned by a purlovia. The stun + dismount mechanic doesn't add anything fun to the game.

There needs to be a stat we can increase that reduces the stun effect, or a food we can force feed our creatures that make them completely resistant for some time. There has to be something that levels out the playing field here.

Besides I don't think there is any other counter to the eel. I'm assuming dismounting to use a crossbow against level 200+ eels in east sea cave will go remarkably well considerong their numbers, and the ammonites which make sure to get everyone and their mother angry at you. (I feel that ammonites are balanced but you are severely exposed without a mount, which is what happens when you bump into a single eel)

13 minutes ago, Rickyh24 said:

I barely go in the ocean. Been like this since the mantas were introduced. Just not even worth it. 

With the latest item clamp I don't bother with going for loot crates now if they easily hit a quality ceiling. Make it not exciting anymore, if you have a 285% gun you have no need whatsoever to find a better one. That was the funnest part of the loot system, and that was completely gouged for no reason.

18 hours ago, Crows said:

Sort the ocean out please! Maybe quit adding so many CC sea creatures for crying out loud. Give tamed sea dinos a knock-back, or give the eel's shock diminishing returns so that they can't stun-lock your dinos/you. Make them less aggressive perhaps? lower the aggro range? anything!

A simple cooldown mechanic on stuns would solve the issues with Eels / Jellies.

The problem right now is that if more than one Jelly or Eel is on your sea tame, it becomes permanently stun locked. You often can't even get close to try to pike the eels / jellies without being shocked and killed yourself.

19 hours ago, Crows said:

I am personally glad they are doing it. Not saying anything bad about you or anybody but things have been made too easy for people. This is a "survival" game and it should be hard to get even half of what everyone has. 

Especially alphas, they have way too much stuff. It is no longer survival for them.

2 minutes ago, Volcano637 said:

I am personally glad they are doing it. Not saying anything bad about you or anybody but things have been made too easy for people. This is a "survival" game and it should be hard to get even half of what everyone has. 

Especially alphas, they have way too much stuff. It is no longer survival for them.

I'll be showing you a video of what I'm talking about, trust me. Skill has nothing to do with broken mechanics AKA the eels stacking inside your squid's head making you unable to move while they continuously stunlock it.

It's extremely unrealistic because I'm pretty sure IRL a giant squid would simply push away smaller fish like eels, angler's, jellies etc. Instead, they somehow pin the giant squid in place with their almighty strength? lol

3 hours ago, Irk said:

That basically sums it up.

WC is trying to add new mechanics to make things more of a challenge when in reality, we're up against a battle that leans heavily against us. There's no reason stuns and stun locks should be in this game if we don't have a real way to counter it besides a basil.

Also, stop with the dismounting of players. This game is focused on taming dinos and using them; they're basically forcing us to fight creatures by hand while rendering our dino useless. I lost a perfect tamed 150 spino because I got a bit too close to a group of jelly fish and a couple of sharks decided to join in the fight. I was tossed off my spino, barely made it to shore alive, and turned around in time to watch my spino die. It was on follow the entire time and couldn't move or attack.

Not to mention the countless times I've landed in the redwoods, just to be dismounted and stunned by a purlovia. The stun + dismount mechanic doesn't add anything fun to the game.

There needs to be a stat we can increase that reduces the stun effect, or a food we can force feed our creatures that make them completely resistant for some time. There has to be something that levels out the playing field here.

I am scared of where the devs want this game to go. 

Recently they added ''no tame'' servers and there are talks about ''no dino'' servers. 

16 minutes ago, powerstuck said:

I am scared of where the devs want this game to go. 

Recently they added ''no tame'' servers and there are talks about ''no dino'' servers. 

The no tame server has been a success and I believe it is now the best part of the game. It definitely stops alphas from ruining the game. I would never go back to a tame server. I would much rather quit than go back

1 hour ago, Volcano637 said:

The problem is that this mechanic isn't challenging. There isn't a challenge here. Players are at a huge disadvantage since there's nothing to counter this dismount/stun effect. It'll be the equivalent to a server admin using God mode and ghost to walk in to your base and pike your dinos to death, and disguising his actions as a challenge against your base defense. 

Archived