Community Crunch 374: The Center Creature Submissions, EVO Event, and More!

StudioWildcard

Although there's been a brief pause on ARK: Survival Ascended comparisons, we'll have more to show soon!

due to no funds and not paying our staff yet ..... (speculation)

SEC filing ... borrowing 4million plus off the SERVER provider not a bank the flippin server of which they still owe 1million ... with a nice handy clause of 20% of funds from ASA IF it is launched on PC by oct 31 or 20% from ASE if it dosent launch on PC by oct 31 .... 

boy oh  boy drama at snail games usa .......

due to onging issues snail games IS in DEEP POOP cash wise - this is no longer speculation but quite probably the truth ... 

9 mins in if u want the liquidity and going concern (basically what money the company made / loss and has)

Edited by Duffmek
Found new info regarding the money situation .... WOWsers
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Facepalm 2

1 hour ago, Austria said:

Hey?  next Beginner Server Wipe 29.Sept.! You dont close "all" official Server?

no ASA Release, or not Bahnhof-Wildcard?

Is there going to be a change to the date when ARK:SE’s Official Network comes offline?

We’re now planning on shutting down the Official Network on September 30th, given the slight delay in the launch of the game

With all this,just need wait,delays coming again .....

Edited by Thekuervito

51 minutes ago, Duffmek said:

Although there's been a brief pause on ARK: Survival Ascended comparisons, we'll have more to show soon!

due to no funds and not paying our staff yet .....

SEC filing ... borrowing 4million plus off the SERVER provider not a bank the flippin server of which they still owe 1million ... with a nice handy clause of 20% of funds from ASA IF it is launched on PC by oct 31 or 20% from ASE if it dosent launch on PC by oct 31 .... 

boy oh  boy drama at snail games usa .......

Where did you hear about this? V curious what it's all about.

7 hours ago, Jmkho said:

isn't ASA supposed to be released really soon ? still have seen nothing so far, and u're saying u take a brief pause about showing us anything ? can u actually stop lying 24/24 and tell us the actual truth about DILO is going on with ASE, ASA, AS2 ?

If this surprises you, then you have to be new. Never before has Wildcard kept its word. There are usually 2-5 postponements. It is always the case that they apologize that it is out of concern for the good of the product (and therefore ours).

The truth is that we are like people with Stockholm syndrome. We love what hurts us and we forgive the perpetrators.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Facepalm 1

21 hours ago, MalarOpossum867 said:

I hope that this creature for The Center does not have feathers. Ragnarok got a feathered creature, Aberration got a feathered creature, if The Center gets a bird, then I am NOT getting the UE5 ARK. It will have too many fliers. I mean, fliers are a good thing, but only those that can regenerate stamina while not moving, but still flying.

First off the fact that you are not getting  ASA purely based on the fact that a creature that wins the votes has feathers is CRAZY. Second the gigantoraptor is flightless and is like a giant Oviraptor, and the Yi Qi is a glider. Just because they have feathers does not mean they are a flyer.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Riot87 said:

First off the fact that you are not getting  ASA purely based on the fact that a creature that wins the votes has feathers is CRAZY. Second the gigantoraptor is flightless and is like a giant Oviraptor, and the Yi Qi is a glider. Just because they have feathers does not mean they are a flyer.

Remember: Not all fliers have feathers! (Think Ptero or Quetz!)

• Facepalm 1

I'm sorry wc/sg, where is info on what is going to be done with consoles Xbox One and PS4. We have been waiting for a while why you keep trying to wait till the last minute in order for us to get information about all this. Give answers stop trying to beat around the bush we have less than 2 months now give us answers. If Nintendo switch is going to have Ark survival SE you need to make it so that there are some servers for console players. On the original Xbox 1 and PS4. You can have another company handle those servers just like another company handles Nintendo switch give us answers.

• Like 2

“As previously stated, we’ll add an additional real-world creature for each expansion pack map release on ARK: Survival Ascended.”

Does that mean we are getting two new creatures for each map, one voted by us and the other one added by Wc? Or were just getting one?

Edited by PrimalNacho
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, PrimalNacho said:

“As previously stated, we’ll add an additional real-world creature for each expansion pack map release on ARK: Survival Ascended.”

Does that mean we are getting two new creatures for each map, one voted by us and the other one added by Wc? Or were just getting one?

No I think it's just them repeating what they've said before, which is that every map is getting a new unique real-world creature.
They say "we" because we come up with the ideas and vote for them, but at the end of the day they're the ones creating it. If they were to announce DOUBLE the amount of creatures, they'd make a much bigger fuss about it.
Although of course, that doesn't mean they can't add more creatures than the ones we vote on. But they probably would keep that as a surprise. Then again what don't they keep as a surprise, even the Steam page is gonna be a last minute reveal.

Edited by ladyteruki
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ladyteruki said:

No I think it's just them repeating what they've said before, which is that every map is getting a new unique real-world creature.
They say "we" because we come up with the ideas and vote for them, but at the end of the day they're the ones creating it. If they were to announce DOUBLE the amount of creatures, they'd make a much bigger fuss about it.

Fair enough, I suppose they would advertise more if we were to get two creatures for each map. Bummer. I was hoping to get the owl for aberration.

1 minute ago, PrimalNacho said:

Fair enough, I suppose they would advertise more if we were to get two creatures for each map. Bummer. I was hoping to get the owl for aberration.

I liked the Owl too :)  Who knows, maybe we'll have another Carchar situation. I wouldn't count on it, but it can happen in theory.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Riot87 said:

So if the Hatzegopteryx wins the vote you won't get ASA?

It actually does not matter, as I won't be able to install Ascended because it will require 5000TB of my storage, and I don't have that! Even if it did install, it'll crash on launch with a fatal error containing "PhysX"!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 8/12/2023 at 3:05 AM, Duffmek said:

just a 'thought' with 'early access' the game can roll back, crash and WIPE at any time for any reason so until the game is much more stable with 'stuff' its going to a rough ride for anyone (again) and with that clause in the loan oooooo tasty ......

I thought exactly the same thing as soon as they announced that. Same as last time, any grievance will be met with 'but its early access' by wildcard and the fanboi brigade. Also a wipe for full release is highly likely regardless of what they say. Those of us that played since beta will remember the 'there will be no wipe' OFFICIAL comments right up to a couple months before release in a cunning move to keep people playing. Im not bothering with asa anyway but these are things anyone who is needs to remember

• Thanks 3