Turkey Trials

JohnnyWaffles

5 hours ago, GP said:

They will spawn once activated. What you said doesn't make sense.

Thanks! It was just odd wording on the notes. Just taking it face value. :)

Current Version: v302.1 - 11/19/19

Initiation of Turkey Trial 3:

• Increased rates to 2X Breeding (mating interval, egg hatch speed, and maturation)
  • Increased rates to 2X Player XP
  • Increased rates to 2X Harvesting
  • Added event-themed wild dino spawns
  • Added randomly spawning turkeys on all official maps
  • Modified the existing environment (trees) to be event themed

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone else having problems with turkeys not spawning?  I am playing on single player.  All the Turkey Trial items are listed in the cooking pot so I know it is activated. However, I searched Scorched Earth on a wyvern for 20 minutes without finding a single turkey.  I think did a wild dino wipe and searched for another 30 minutes.  Not a single turkey to be found.  Are they super rare or something?  I know the wild dino wipe worked because many of the new regular dinos are theme colored. Just no turkeys.

1 hour ago, talon741 said:

Anyone else having problems with turkeys not spawning?  I am playing on single player.  All the Turkey Trial items are listed in the cooking pot so I know it is activated. However, I searched Scorched Earth on a wyvern for 20 minutes without finding a single turkey.  I think did a wild dino wipe and searched for another 30 minutes.  Not a single turkey to be found.  Are they super rare or something?  I know the wild dino wipe worked because many of the new regular dinos are theme colored. Just no turkeys.

Ok, so after a wild dino wipe AND restarting the game, I now have super turkeys.  My new problem is, they are nearly indestructible.  I spent 15 minutes hitting one with a high level wyvern to no effect before reading the wiki to find out they are nearly immune to dino damage.  Per the wiki recommendation, I switched to firearms and flame arrows.  I sunk about a dozen shotgun blasts and then a bunch of fire arrows into one (from a high level crossbow) and still couldn't kill it.  What I am missing?  Without Gigas, how can you possible farm these things?  I have spent over 2 hours tonight (one hour searching, one hour fighting) with not a single wishbone to show for it.  I normally like the special events but something seems off when killing one turkey has so far been impossible.

1 hour ago, arkark said:

You can kill with gigas very easy but if you dont have one, like it was my case some years ago, I remember I killed a lot of them by creating 1x1 stone traps and then killing them with a pike.

Thx for suggestion but I'm not interested to try.

Damage is already done, lost dire wolfs.

As for stone trap - is not possible as you are to close to enemy foundation on all map.

I feel is simply too high price for an hat or underwear to loose entire pack of dinos and to be afraid  to leave base to not loose more.

24 minutes ago, Noa said:

Thx for suggestion but I'm not interested to try.

Damage is already done, lost dire wolfs.

As for stone trap - is not possible as you are to close to enemy foundation on all map.

I feel is simply too high price for an hat or underwear to loose entire pack of dinos and to be afraid  to leave base to not loose more.

Well, sorry for the lost. I've seen more users today struggling with the turkeys, trying to kill them with argies and wyverns and fleeing when their tame was bleeding.

I think it is due to a lack of information because the only that players that havent done this event before know about them is that they are "relentless". Ofc if you dig on the wiki you'll find why.

Regarding to the pillar problem, report it and an enforcer will join your server and will clear them (as long as the pillar arent in what they consider the buffer area around a base).

I guess by what you say that you dont have a giga, if you feel like raising one during the 2x bonus event breeding pm me I'll give you an egg with good damage.

1 hour ago, talon741 said:

Ok, so after a wild dino wipe AND restarting the game, I now have super turkeys.  My new problem is, they are nearly indestructible.  I spent 15 minutes hitting one with a high level wyvern to no effect before reading the wiki to find out they are nearly immune to dino damage.  Per the wiki recommendation, I switched to firearms and flame arrows.  I sunk about a dozen shotgun blasts and then a bunch of fire arrows into one (from a high level crossbow) and still couldn't kill it.  What I am missing?  Without Gigas, how can you possible farm these things?  I have spent over 2 hours tonight (one hour searching, one hour fighting) with not a single wishbone to show for it.  I normally like the special events but something seems off when killing one turkey has so far been impossible.

I've explained in another topic but lets go again. When this event was released some years ago I did not have gigas and the way I used to kill them was constructing a stone 1x1 trap, then after trapping the turkey I killed it with a pike. Killed a lot in the previous turkey trial by this way.

They are quite tough, they can survive 5-6 hits from a 700% melee fully imprinted giga with raider bonus. Killed 49 turkeys last night, 151 to go for my taxidermy quest. I swear if the dodorextaxi is going to be bugged/not displayed Im gonna stare angrily at my screen for at least 15 minutes, then proceed with "naaaaaaaaah" and go breed something instead.

• Volunteer Moderator
4 minutes ago, Erinn said:

They are quite tough, they can survive 5-6 hits from a 700% melee fully imprinted giga with raider bonus. Killed 49 turkeys last night, 151 to go for my taxidermy quest. I swear if the dodorextaxi is going to be bugged/not displayed Im gonna stare angrily at my screen for at least 15 minutes, then proceed with "naaaaaaaaah" and go breed something instead.

I'm on that quest too. Starting today. I only killed one yesterday for taxidermy and got the 2 wishbones, today i start a killing spree for the DodoRex taxidermy!

8 minutes ago, GP said:

I'm on that quest too. Starting today. I only killed one yesterday for taxidermy and got the 2 wishbones, today i start a killing spree for the DodoRex taxidermy!

I noticed there are groups of 2, sometimes even 3 turkeys on the west island beach around red obelisk up to the snow part or in dense forests where its hard to spot them (I always find them thanks to the battle music when Im chomping trees with my giga to make a way). Not much on the east beach, there is the swamp part where they dont spawn at all. Didnt check the snowy beaches in north tho, but walked in the river around redwood checking both river banks but didnt find any at all. I guess walking around the island should be your best shot to find them.

• Volunteer Moderator
10 hours ago, Noa said:

I'm still without food and i don't want to go out of base to risk to loose  more dinos.

Should i cryo all and come back when event is over?

The answer to this may depend on what you are playing on. If you are playing PvE then you should be at no risk unless you attack the Super Turkey's. They are only aggressive if attacked. I believe if others lure them to your base and agro them they will only agro against the attacker and not your base.

If you are on PvP, then that's different as people can agro them on your behalf.

So if depending on your situation, if you don't attack them then you'll be fine.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, LEDminer said:

Interesting. It seems that the turkeys take full damage from lightning wyverns. Are there other dinos that deal full damage to the turkeys?

I've only used lightening Wyvern, but the bite didn't cause full damage, it may only be the secondary attack that is effective.

Also if you have 2 people have one follow on a Yuty to support.

I hit a turkey for 10 minutes with a fire wyvern and nothing happened, the same wyvern I used to kill alpha with ease. so,

Anyone knows if they are vulnerable to plant X or auto-turret?

Anyone knows if they are vulnerable to wyvern fire breath?

I am on a PvE server with pillars everywhere, building a trap to get one is not an option.  I was thinking of buiding a raft with a few plant X on top.

10 hours ago, arkark said:

I've explained in another topic but lets go again. When this event was released some years ago I did not have gigas and the way I used to kill them was constructing a stone 1x1 trap, then after trapping the turkey I killed it with a pike. Killed a lot in the previous turkey trial by this way.

Show us some proof.  I trapped one last night and put metal arrows in it's head until it died.  Each shot did about 900 dmg and it took easily 15 minutes to kill.

Archived