Rollback ruined perfect tame

Poppet

150 beautiful event griffin. I get him home and go into base. Server crashes....

Within 5 minutes I am back in. There was a rollback- griffin is still in the trap......food is bugged with 'put food in inv' ...it had rolled back to ONE LAST BITE OF KIBBLE. And now server is mysteriously capped.

What the hell?

Server 382 Rag map. How can there suddenly be a dino tame cap the moment we all sign back on? Is this a known bug with rollbacks messing up kibble? I want my perfect tame back :/

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kl4y4jk27mimw1q/2019-04-23 (7).png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i8nuaqvi39wu5pr/2019-04-23 (8).png?dl=0

55 minutes ago, Sphere said:

Sometimes life is like a vacuum cleaner. It sucks...

What were you expecting to happen on Official servers?

Haha. This is why i left this garbage game. Lose something or a lot of things to a glitch or cheating player when it’s the fault of devs game..”welp better luck next time ahuehuehue” Then next time comes and it happens again without any reimbursement. 

Perfect bred giga hatched at 250..10 DAYS LATER the adolescent 2 hours away from mature suddenly disappears before your eyes, only for tribe log to say it died? “Welp that’s official servers just deal with it ahueahuehuehue”

#OldSchoolRunescape

4 minutes ago, MackTheKnife said:

Haha. This is why i left this garbage game. Lose something or a lot of things to a glitch or cheating player when it’s the fault of devs game..”welp better luck next time ahuehuehue” Then next time comes and it happens again without any reimbursement. 

#OldSchoolRunescape

You left this game but are still on the forums? Unofficial servers I presume? Otherwise, why are you here? xD

6 hours ago, Rogero said:

Happened to me and I culled couple of dinos. Cryo would also work.

Yup playing on Rag I definitely know how to handle server caps during events.

What I was asking- the server crashed, we all came back in as soon as it was up again- and the server was capped. Not by a little either. Many, many dinos had to be cryoed by community members. How is that possible? From working just fine- we have not really had a cap problem most of the event which is amazing...to massively capped as soon as it was back up?

The second question was about the kibble- it bugged as soon as the  cap was lifted the message went from "too many dinos' to 'insert kibble' even though it had kibble in it and was on the last bite? I am pretty sure removing the kibble then putting it back in was what reduced the tame. Also had to leave render before it reset- per the advice of another player who has had the same bug more than once. Is this a known issue? Is there another fix other than removing/inserting kibble again which wrecks the tame?

11 hours ago, MackTheKnife said:

Perfect bred giga hatched at 250..10 DAYS LATER the adolescent 2 hours away from mature suddenly disappears before your eyes, only for tribe log to say it died? “Welp that’s official servers just deal with it ahueahuehuehue”

#OldSchoolRunescape

Its not oldschool runescape its new new oldschool runescape :P I played back in actual oldschool runescape (beta) and for years after. I was there when party hats released, made my millions off those and also was there when you could kill people in the cities

Lol @ BR laugh :P 

Anyways. Decent game for what it is. Good RPG choice and good progression. Loved the character skills and variety of crafting / cooking ! Enjoy. Just dont spread the crap about some game being better on another game's forum. You can just say to yourself how you're glad you arent playing ARK. Dont need to try and tell all of us 

1 hour ago, Adwel said:

I get frustrated sometimes and stop playing a game too.

Ynow what I dont do though?  Decide a game is not worth my time BUT STILL SPEND MY TIME ON SAID GAME'S FORUMS ..lol

Surely you see the wtfery of this choice dont you?

I can type a 3 paragraph message in 2 minutes, literally takes no effort at all. It’s not really wasting my time compared to these stupid bank meetings i must attend weekly.

19 hours ago, Sphere said:

You left this game but are still on the forums? Unofficial servers I presume? Otherwise, why are you here?

Your humor only rubs salt on the wound, which is not ok to be doing sir/ma'am.

Would you be so kind to be a bit more sympathetic please?

These people suffered losses, which nobody wants. Stuff that should not have been lost if this game was programmed better than it is.

Poppet, Nym told me about your plight, I am so sorry that happened to you. I really wish they were able to clean up all the bugs so stuff like that never happens.

1 hour ago, GreenRoc said:

Your humor only rubs salt on the wound, which is not ok to be doing sir/ma'am.

Would you be so kind to be a bit more sympathetic please?

These people suffered losses, which nobody wants. Stuff that should not have been lost if this game was programmed better than it is.

Poppet, Nym told me about your plight, I am so sorry that happened to you. I really wish they were able to clean up all the bugs so stuff like that never happens.

My sympathy is why I am into hosting. To do better. I can now undo the suffered losses. Salt on the wounds, because I was trying to understand why they were still here. In mourning of their loss? I get it now. But only by asking questions. I know we live in a clown world now. But these clowns are not funny. But I still need to put a smile on my face because otherwise, what else can I do?

EDit: the concept of "on-topic" isnt always in my active mind, and is subject to opinions which I struggle to comprehend. I wished to help out, to defend myself ands those hurt by words.... but I dont see how to keep on the topic with this. the OP is a friend of a friend, and I wish to help. BUt in fear of breaking these delicate social rules I cant seem to grasp, please delete my post. I dont want to be punished for my lack of understanding this delicate range of social etiquite

• Volunteer Moderator
6 minutes ago, GreenRoc said:

You can avoid posting your self-pleasing comment publicly. You can say it to yourself out loud, you can type in a post but not post it.

Keep in mind. All users of the Community Forums are free to post whatever they like as long as it is not breaking any rules and is respectfully on topic.

That extends to everyone equally.

4 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Keep in mind. All users of the Community Forums are free to post whatever they like as long as it is not breaking any rules and is respectfully on topic.

That extends to everyone equally.

What is his tag then? Any colored tag seems to be a forum moderator of some kind afaik.
I tend to run off on tangents, my apologies for getting carried away (I was hoping to help discourage the behavior that is reminiscent of decades of hurt, even if slightly). I was replying to replies to me.

• Volunteer Moderator
4 minutes ago, GreenRoc said:

What is his tag then? Any colored tag seems to be a forum moderator of some kind afaik.
I tend to run off on tangents, my apologies for getting carried away (I was hoping to help discourage the behavior that is reminiscent of decades of hurt, even if slightly). I was replying to replies to me.

No worries.

He is as his name suggests, a moderator recruit. He's learning the role.

Archived