Wipe Official Servers

NoOneBtw

Suggestion

After almost 2 years of constant breeding, every larger group now has incredibly mutated dinos that are nowhere close to what the game was originally balanced around. This means that dinos like Rhinos or Therizinosaurs deal much more damage and are much harder to kill than they were 1.5 years ago when the game released. Politically, the game is currently very stale, with alliances constant, no big conflicts and many people leaving the main cluster for others clusters or other games for a fresher and more exciting experience. A wipe would easily reset breeding back to its original state and bring these dinos back down to what they were originally, and bring back many players that have left over the last year.

edit: im talking (mostly) about the Official PvP network, non-legacy, main cluster)

• Answers 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just wipe all servers!!! i played this game for more then 12k hours on ps4. more then 5k on pc. its not possible to start in this game. we got team wiped on small tribes, a week ago. they have all the duped stuff, while we have bad tames. its not competitive anymore. people are very salty. today i builded a stone base on official pc. they destroyed it with a giga :) ....its pvp ofc, but duping, cheating, meshing, dossing is out of controle. this game is broken for re-players. its also hard to join a mega tribe in this state. they simply dont trust u. we controlled four servers on ps4, and got meshed on all four servers within three days. then we builded on valguero pc, in the abb zone. we had 4 deathwalls with turret cap. it got meshed aswell by a well known megatribe. no server rollback happened after my tickets. just lost all the progress we made in  years. ark is a good game, but not in its current state. only the alphas with duped stuff are controlling this game!! so fix the problems and wipe all servers!!!!!

On 4/25/2019 at 6:23 PM, DFritz said:

If megatribes think it is stale, why aren’t they waging war on other megatribes? 

You can't wipe tribes anymore because everyone lives in unraidable caves. Other than insiding or meshing big tribes are impossible to take down. As result there are no real raids anymore. People go for griefing a server, blow up some spam or an outside teleporter and that's it.

I'm sure smalltribes servers are/will be dying. Normal official servers have been dead for a long time thanks to megatribes. The biggest issue at the moment is that any server you see maybe has 35/70 people online, but once you join you wont find any bases. You know why? Because everyone has mesh bases everywhere. There are actual mesh wars going on where people are trying to find the mesh bases of the people who meshed their mesh base. That is how the game is right now. 

We need official server wipes AFTER meshing is fixed to get everyone out of the damn walls, so the game can be played as it was intended OR we need new servers like Classic PvP. I'm confident that ALOT of people will come back to play. I know at least 10 people in my list alone who would be back to play and i'm only 1 person. 

Honestly it has NOTHING to do with the strong tames or how big the tribes are that you're facing as a new player, it's ark... get good. THE ONLY DAMN PROBLEM are the mesh bases. They are still all there and their are enough of them. I've found several on ps4 just on 1 server myself and just watch the youtubers... they also keep finding them.

Now let's say meshing is fixed - like no more ways to get behind walls. Those bases will still be there with all their OP stuff. Now you come as a new player and get built up and they just wipe you and there is nothing you can do about it because meshing is fixed right? We need a way to get them out of the walls and back into the normal map. The only way I see that being possible is to wipe the servers. Sure... It sucks. I'd also have alot to lose like most other people, but we need to do something about these "empty" servers. (Not really empty everyone is just in a DAMN wall) 

They can take all your loot back to their base too via teleporter or even just dropping a lootbag outside the Wall, spawning at a bed and taking it from inside the mesh. You can even popcorn it all outside and whip it from the inside. Getting tames in is simple now thanks to cryopods. You can cryopod a dino from inside too. 

What other options do we really have to get it back to the way it was before meshing?? I'd like to hear from you.

Just now, LEDminer said:

Legacy was made so that all the duped stuff couldn't be transferred over to the fresh new servers. It also allowed people who played before release to continue their things. They could have just wiped the servers or allowed transfer from the legacy servers to the fresh servers, but that would have been bad. In my eyes, legacy is the best solution for both the new servers and the old players.

Not sure what you mean with the fishing rods, but I remember when they nerfed fishing rods a long time ago. This was because they could be used to get OP loot. Get a decent rod, fish up a better rod, then find a big fish and get extremely powerful blueprints for items. It was needed, since it allowed easy access to OP stuff.

I think the mean reason of legacy sever is baby taming. It had to be isolated because stats without exploit is indistinguishable from those without. These creatures with exploits also affected boss fights so characters are locked there too.On the other hand, duplicated blue prints can be recognized if identical blueprints are found.

I don't think legacy will be the best solution for me (as a non legacy official pve player) because I saw how legacy server is shut down one by one until cluster shut down.

Fishing rods, like transfer timers, legacy, and so on are just examples of how some exploits can eventually leads to changes that heavily affects players who never heard of these exploits. This are the patterns I saw for ark developers' decision making circuit.

As a response to the question:

47 minutes ago, Fukushu said:

I would bet that most people on PVE don't even think about dupers because it doesn't influence them in any way. You on the other hand think that those duped items are ruining your game? I'm trying to understand the reason for it. 

and to the assumption that developers will act as if:

20 minutes ago, LEDminer said:

Just focus on fixing these problems, prevent meshing and duping and the effects of them will eventually disappear, without harming the legit players.

its needed, especially with the mesh bases on almost every official server, not to mention the giant tribes that are hyper aggressive towards newer players or less experienced players. would level the playing field a bit, will they do it? maybe? that's tough to say, though I definitively think they would announce it prior.

10 hours ago, DavidLodge said:

Bad take. No need to wipe officials. If you got left behind, that’s on you. Wiping Official now would kill the game even more. 

Are you serious mate the game is stale atm and the official servers have been out nearly 2 years it 100% needs a fresh start I’m sure the majority of people would love it and would bring back players.

A wipe isn't going to fix gameplay. It's just going to reset the marathon and yes it will cause lots of people to leave after losing their progress on breeding. 

Mind you, I strongly disagree with breeding being that time consuming. Everyone should have a reason to dip their toes into breeding and have little baby dinos running around. I think all dino should have a reason to raise them. I dont like the way stats work with levels. Would there be any point to raising a baby phiomia? I think it should have a purpose in-game, in order to leverage that part of the game. Also it really doesnt make sense players need to manually feed a baby Hyenadon. Why can't the mother feed her own pups? Also why doesn't she, and certain other dinos, have litters?

Anyways, what needs to happen is the game needs to be focused into more players-online between tribes. That's what you're really asking for here, you want fair competition with people at your level. If you had that resets wouldn't be required.

Yes it's a problem that alpha tribes get rich and stay rich. After 5 years, having 100,000,000 C4 back at your base is in fact boring. But the solution is not to wipe. The solution is to make PVP engaging. If that happens, which is what this server wipe is actually angling for, then it doesn't matter how much C4 you have.

On 4/24/2019 at 7:20 AM, NoOneBtw said:

After almost 2 years of constant breeding, every larger group now has incredibly mutated dinos that are nowhere close to what the game was originally balanced around. This means that dinos like Rhinos or Therizinosaurs deal much more damage and are much harder to kill than they were 1.5 years ago when the game released. Politically, the game is currently very stale, with alliances constant, no big conflicts and many people leaving the main cluster for others clusters or other games for a fresher and more exciting experience. A wipe would easily reset breeding back to its original state and bring these dinos back down to what they were originally, and bring back many players that have left over the last year.

edit: im talking (mostly) about the Official PvP network, non-legacy, main cluster)

The game is balanced around whatever the game allows people to do. breeding up OP dinos is apart of that.

All I hear in this thread is people crying because they get pooped on when trying to build up in PvP. Well hello? Have you ever really played Ark PvP if you didn't understand that was going to happen in the first place? And this issue is not isolated to new players remember, even alpha tribes get wiped by another alpha eventually, such is the nature of chaos.

All that will happen if Wild Card wipe is that they will lose half of the player base they currently have now with people not wanting to start over, and then the very same people crying for a wipe in this thread will quit too, once the people playing now (that do stick it out) breed up their OP dinos again.

This is just a stupid discussion.

Play unofficial, it requires less devotion and has more frequent PvP opportunities if you find a popular one.

On 4/25/2019 at 1:47 AM, Weiss said:

I don't care if pvp servers are wiped, but I don't want my pve servers wiped.

Well PvP is different that PvE, Its about the imbalance of the PvP state, while in PvE you just build things, we are not talking about PvE cause I don't see a reason to wipe them however, I've been playing PvP since full release and think a wipe is necessary, Im only in highschool so I don't have the time like others do to build and protect my base, I can't stay on all day and night grinding turrets defeneses, breeding dinos, etc. Its all a hassle and I hate seeing so many people leaving the game I love which is why I am all for a wipe, even if I had top state Gigas, Rhinos, and so on.

On 7/4/2020 at 6:20 AM, pvg103breda said:

just wipe all servers!!! i played this game for more then 12k hours on ps4. more then 5k on pc. its not possible to start in this game. we got team wiped on small tribes, a week ago. they have all the duped stuff, while we have bad tames. its not competitive anymore. people are very salty. today i builded a stone base on official pc. they destroyed it with a giga :) ....its pvp ofc, but duping, cheating, meshing, dossing is out of controle. this game is broken for re-players. its also hard to join a mega tribe in this state. they simply dont trust u. we controlled four servers on ps4, and got meshed on all four servers within three days. then we builded on valguero pc, in the abb zone. we had 4 deathwalls with turret cap. it got meshed aswell by a well known megatribe. no server rollback happened after my tickets. just lost all the progress we made in  years. ark is a good game, but not in its current state. only the alphas with duped stuff are controlling this game!! so fix the problems and wipe all servers!!!!!

No tribe should control ANY SERVER PVE or PvP. They are public. I see on my PVE server 3 tribes that have pillared off masses of land. Report it and nothing happens. They sell land or come near you and pillar near you so you can’t expand out. No one should have the feeling they own blue ob and tell people that they must pay them before they can do a boss fight at that ob. That’s not how it is supposed to work but is the way I am seeing it on several servers. 

only wcs should be in control over their servers. No player or tribe should own any part of the map or caves. I’ve seen pillars near very rich resources and I’m fine with that it stops people from spawn killing  however to pillar off a radius all around an entire rich area that no one could build on and enough room to build 20 huge bass is bull crap! Then selling land or making people ask if they can build here or there. Stupid and toxic 

You gotta fix meshing and duping first, then wipe the game(at least pvp servers). The only people who will quit playing the game are the toxic bad players who are to lazy to actually do or earn anything. Plus i know about 50 people myself who would come back if the game wasn't broken. Not everyone cares about getting wiped or trying to "win" ark. Most of us just want things to have been earned and fair. 

I don't play PvP so I can't speak for that, but I can say that if the PvE server I am on, and have been for a year, I would most definitely just quit playing. I've been building and trying to improve for the whole time. Too much work to lose.

I can understand the PvP players would want this however, based on the comments here.

A lot of people talking about how this is something that casual players want and that a lot of the problems that are giving reasons for a wipe will just come around again as its the nature of those who play.

whilst this is true I feel like a wipe would HAVE to come with some prerequisites 
- breeding rework
- mega tribe abolition
- offline meta
- Titan meta 
are all areas that could do with attention before a wipe is even discussed.

Archived