Wipe Official Servers

Suggestion

After almost 2 years of constant breeding, every larger group now has incredibly mutated dinos that are nowhere close to what the game was originally balanced around. This means that dinos like Rhinos or Therizinosaurs deal much more damage and are much harder to kill than they were 1.5 years ago when the game released. Politically, the game is currently very stale, with alliances constant, no big conflicts and many people leaving the main cluster for others clusters or other games for a fresher and more exciting experience. A wipe would easily reset breeding back to its original state and bring these dinos back down to what they were originally, and bring back many players that have left over the last year.

edit: im talking (mostly) about the Official PvP network, non-legacy, main cluster)

Edited by NoOneBtw
clarification
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Facepalm 15
  • Answers 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Posts

After almost 2 years of constant breeding, every larger group now has incredibly mutated dinos that are nowhere close to what the game was originally balanced around. This means that dinos like Rhinos

its funny that people with a low post count want a wipe, and people with a high post count dont want a wipe. new players will always want a wipe, that will never change, they want to start equal

Might surprise some of you, but some PvE players actually like and get attached to our things and don’t view the game as a death arena. 

Posted Images

On 5/1/2019 at 11:01 AM, Quilleute said:

The only ones , that want a wipe its the damn kids that always are winning about something , instead of playing the game. I play the game for 3 years and dont have any problem with my evolution and i still have much to work for

. Just because , you are too lazy to work for your stuff and want everything for yesterday , i dont have to be punished by all that posture of yours.

My server is constantly with 20+ people on, and everyday new players start on my server, 1 out of 10 succed and keep playing, cause all the others only know beg and ask for stuff, and we dont support that kind of attitude .

I just started playing again after two years of never getting raided on a offical pvp island map. My friends and i didnt ask for anything, We would say hello to people we saw and that was about it. We would get on in shifts. Tame, build, gather. 4 days in a mega tribe wiped us and all the smaller tribes on the server due to "too many people on the server" ie 50 people. So, its back to just them and one other tribe theyre friends with. So, i wouldnt say its people being too lazy. Although i agree i did see a lot of people asking for stuff. Thats not the case for everyone playing. This was also the 4th time moving around to find a sever.

So, i can understand why newer people would feel like its unplayable. 

Edited by Candielette
On 2/5/2021 at 7:52 AM, oflow said:

game has been out for 5 going on six years. instead an across the board wipe maybe play arkpocalypse or wait for ark 2?

Yes I started the game last week and discovered the Arkpocalypse servers a few days ago when looking for servers that were fresh. I didn't realize they wipe regularly...

Nonetheless the current state of the game makes it feel like these Arkpocalypse servers are the only option for those of us just coming to the game. Seems a bit strange but what can you do.

I would say, rather than wiping the servers, just bring new ones up a couple of times a year or something. Give those of us who didn't play the game before a chance to enjoy it as well no?

Doesn't seem like too much to ask...

I believe it is a good time to exhumate this topic)
Maybe in 2019 it was too early to wipe but now I believe official servers are depopulated enough. Maybe there are few people who still prefer to sit on endless piles of super-mutated dinos and millions of stacks of element but who cares? They are just some old people tired of life)
Gift them an entertainment of starting anew!

i agree i think all servers need a wipe, get rid of huge buildings no one uses, dinos that are over bred and give players something too grind for again. i always love starting on a new map is released as we have the 3 months of no extra crap as soon as they open people spam all their stuff in at once and break the servers. lag, crashes it ruins the game. i think it may also stop alot of the real money trading too if the servers keep getting wiped, will make it hard to hold land that is pillared off for sale.

On 4/20/2021 at 1:45 AM, MichaelJanus said:

I believe it is a good time to exhumate this topic)
Maybe in 2019 it was too early to wipe but now I believe official servers are depopulated enough. Maybe there are few people who still prefer to sit on endless piles of super-mutated dinos and millions of stacks of element but who cares? They are just some old people tired of life)
Gift them an entertainment of starting anew!

Arkpoc 

Guys I am here with this suggestion because I dont have much time for playing Ark, and almost every time I play is solo/duo/trio, me and my friends always leave because cant handle with the raids and high level 5000+ days character.

So here it is:

Make 6 new Official servers with 2x taming/exp/harvesting that are going to be wiped every six months.

There's alot of servers with 0~~5 active players, this will make new and old players that leave the game for playing again.

Consider it please, sorry for bad english I am brazilian.

thanks.

41 minutes ago, eESTlane said:

wipe isn't fixing anything. dinos will be over-mutated again in no time. get a solution for that and then maybe ask for a clear slate...or new servers

i think its fine that they can get that good but by the time they get to that point a server reset is normal needed cuz servers are dead. if they cap mutes ppl wont breed that much so i think no cap

• Like 1

To touch on your mention of "stale gameplay". I think the introduction of different game modes and a deep story mode would help greatly. I posted a suggestion for different game mode ideas for people to post to if you want to stem off of that idea, click my profile, I haven't posted much yet and it'll be easy to find or just follow this URL 

Edited by InfernalDecay
3 hours ago, Krazeehhh said:

I have 6.5k hours on official pvp, does that make me new?  I would love a wipe.

Im in one of the biggest tribes on PC PvP
WyvhnYW.png

i play official pvp for a year now and soon you may come across a dino i made. it sadly leaked and these stats will soon be the standard for all tribes except for a few big ones. these stats where a lot of work to but a lot of smaller tribes will benefit from it with the bossfights greatly. making the little tribes stronger.

you must also know that big tribes will rise from the ashes super fast. a wipe means nothing for pvp. our tribe restarted from scratch 2 times. devwiped just because of 1 player each time. only took a couple of days to get an abb base running with 25 indus forges.

yss accepts everybody though.

Edited by BertNoobians
  • Like 1

I'm sure smalltribes servers are/will be dying. Normal official servers have been dead for a long time thanks to megatribes. The biggest issue at the moment is that any server you see maybe has 35/70 people online, but once you join you wont find any bases. You know why? Because everyone has mesh bases everywhere. There are actual mesh wars going on where people are trying to find the mesh bases of the people who meshed their mesh base. That is how the game is right now. 

We need official server wipes AFTER meshing is fixed to get everyone out of the damn walls, so the game can be played as it was intended OR we need new servers like Classic PvP. I'm confident that ALOT of people will come back to play. I know at least 10 people in my list alone who would be back to play and i'm only 1 person. 

Just NO, why should we loose all our hard work on small tribes? Why should the current PvP community be wiped, this is a horrible idea that will kill the game. 

Maybe you should learn to read the community crunch, the developers have already stated that wipes will not be happening on any of the official clusters. 

@Arlie87

• Like 1

Everyone that wants a wipe, start you a new character and start over, simple solution for you.  If the people you complain about are better than you, guess what? they still will be.  They will just be "inconvenienced" for a bit with a wipe.  They will still own you and you will still fail.  WE/THEY/YOU - ALL started at the bottom and will rise according to effort/skill levels.   Everyone at the top isn't at the top because they started on a "fresh server".  And for the "whaaa, it's boring at the top", "the game is stale" crybags - throw your tames in the ocean and start over, if that's what you choose for YOURSELF.