WilliamMichell

graphics Bloom & Light Shafts setting on Console

Suggestion

41 replies to this server topic

The bloom quality in ark is outrageously high it's nearly impossible to see anything in game half the time unless it's night yes I can turn up and down my gamma but is doesn't fix the problem it's still to bright I play on Xbox and see that the pc users can change the bloom quality I and many others would like to do the same please make this a new feature in the next update

Ok console we still do not have an option to disable bloom quality like the blinding Aberration element water glare and blinding reflection from metal. We must resort to laoding up single player, typing the "admincheat r.bloomquality 0" command then exiting and going about our normal play on which ever server we are going too, which adds about 5 minutes to the start of a gaming session

Us console players hear that pc has this in the menus and has for over a year.

I'd love a pc player to share there menu screen to show how many more settings they have then we do on consoles

• Thanks 1

Ok, lightshafts and bloom quality are among the worst things about console, when flying up or at a certain angle, I can’t even see it is way too bright. I run and unofficial server and I can’t even edit the game.ini or gameusersettings.ini to fix it. It should just be added to the options menu. I know that lots want this just not that badly, but it would make a huge difference for most console players.

2 hours ago, WilliamMichell said:

It seems people are not looking through the existing suggestions and creating multiple of the same topic so here is a bump of my topic on this subject which already has many up votes and was the first of this topic added to the new suggestions forum yesterday.

I thought it might be better as single suggestions instead of a combine debut it gets my vote

Hey WilliamMichell,

Thanks for letting me know about this threat! You received my vote and I will be doing everything I can to help this issue succeed! My immediate goal is to get them to disable these intense graphic settings immediately on all servers as a band aid solution until graphic settings adjustments can be added to the user interface. I will post some pictures also later because I do believe those pictures will showcase how serious this issue is, and us console players have been dealing with this since December 2016, although it was even worse back then!

Posted (edited)

I have had it suggested to me that PS4 has or once had this setting already. Could any confirm our deny toys with screen shots of the options screen.

Also I used to play on the Windows 10 cross platform version of the game and can't remember if I changed the setting with the console command or if it had the option there so if someone could confirm that with a screen shot to please.

@complexminded aka Ced has confirmed that the Dev team are actively talking about this issue though so fingers crossed it won't be a long wait to get the fix.

Make sure to share this thread with your friends and followers, that way the Devs can see it as an important fix.

Edited by WilliamMichell
  • Like 1