graphics Bloom & Light Shafts setting on Console

Suggestion

• Answers 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Posts

Many of us have requested this many times. We would like to be able to turn off Bloom and Light Shafts from within the main options.

I vote for this as well

PSA: ARK caused my sons seizure? Hi all,  Let me start off this post by stating that this is in no way a hate or blame thread, but more of a PSA to the community and ARK Devs. I love ARK and

Posted Images

90 replies to this server topic

Ok console we still do not have an option to disable bloom quality like the blinding Aberration element water glare and blinding reflection from metal. We must resort to laoding up single player, typing the "admincheat r.bloomquality 0" command then exiting and going about our normal play on which ever server we are going too, which adds about 5 minutes to the start of a gaming session

Us console players hear that pc has this in the menus and has for over a year.

I'd love a pc player to share there menu screen to show how many more settings they have then we do on consoles

• Thanks 1

The bloom quality in ark is outrageously high it's nearly impossible to see anything in game half the time unless it's night yes I can turn up and down my gamma but is doesn't fix the problem it's still to bright I play on Xbox and see that the pc users can change the bloom quality I and many others would like to do the same please make this a new feature in the next update

I have had it suggested to me that PS4 has or once had this setting already. Could any confirm our deny toys with screen shots of the options screen.

Also I used to play on the Windows 10 cross platform version of the game and can't remember if I changed the setting with the console command or if it had the option there so if someone could confirm that with a screen shot to please.

@complexminded aka Ced has confirmed that the Dev team are actively talking about this issue though so fingers crossed it won't be a long wait to get the fix.

Make sure to share this thread with your friends and followers, that way the Devs can see it as an important fix.

Edited by WilliamMichell
  • Like 2

Ok, lightshafts and bloom quality are among the worst things about console, when flying up or at a certain angle, I can’t even see it is way too bright. I run and unofficial server and I can’t even edit the game.ini or gameusersettings.ini to fix it. It should just be added to the options menu. I know that lots want this just not that badly, but it would make a huge difference for most console players.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, WilliamMichell said:

It seems people are not looking through the existing suggestions and creating multiple of the same topic so here is a bump of my topic on this subject which already has many up votes and was the first of this topic added to the new suggestions forum yesterday.

I thought it might be better as single suggestions instead of a combine debut it gets my vote

Hey WilliamMichell,

Thanks for letting me know about this threat! You received my vote and I will be doing everything I can to help this issue succeed! My immediate goal is to get them to disable these intense graphic settings immediately on all servers as a band aid solution until graphic settings adjustments can be added to the user interface. I will post some pictures also later because I do believe those pictures will showcase how serious this issue is, and us console players have been dealing with this since December 2016, although it was even worse back then!

PSA: ARK caused my sons seizure?

Hi all, 

Let me start off this post by stating that this is in no way a hate or blame thread, but more of a PSA to the community and ARK Devs. I love ARK and have 4 copies (2x PS4 and 2xPC) for separate consoles and PC's within the house.

I have played ARK for years, as have other members of the family. I have spent most of my time on a rented server playing on PC. My son always watches me, he is 13, a real dinosaur enthusiast like I was as a child. So ARK had always captured our interest deeply, with countless hours spent into the game. 

A couple of weeks ago my son had been practically begging me to let him play, so I decided it might be an awesome idea and special treat, to rent him a PS4 server (so he can play on boosted settings/Creative etc.) at his own leisure. For a couple hours per night, he would play on his server in the living room and I would play on mine in the dining room not far from him. Lots of laughs and chats (and bragging) about the dino's we had tamed/killed etc. 

Unfortunately this only lasted a few days, when he was struck with a sudden epileptic seizure while playing. A very scary ordeal for us all. He is ok, but we do not let him play games until things are better understood. 

I noticed recently that the PS4 version was much more bright than my PC version, incredibly more bright. I went into the settings to turn off the bloom and light shafts but there was no option to do so. In some instances it was near impossible to look in any direction where the sun was as the whole screen became blindingly white. The snow area for instance is blinding from most angles if the sun is out, and not obstructed by clouds. The same effect is present when in the Aberration Trench in Valguero, or in a metal base with lights on or Light Pet effect active. I scoured through settings of the server dashboard but have noticed no option to change this. 

I have taken some screen shots comparing my PC version to the PS4 version, in the same locations at the same time. As blinding as a lot of the PS4 images are, I have seen it much worse, where the whole screen has become white. I have upload some comparisons to imgur as I am not sure how to bypass the 390kb size limit on this website. https://imgur.com/a/5pHkbuG

In my conclusion I am thinking it is possible with the high brightness levels of the PS4 version of the game, it may have led to the incident we went through, so I hope all of you can be a little more careful in playing this version. And if any Devs are reading, I would really hope that for the betterment and well being of the PS4 players (Not sure how this effects Xbox) that we can have a setting added much like the option available on my PC version, to remove Light Bloom and Light Shaft effects. 

Thank you to all reading, thank you to ARK devs for making an enjoyable game, be safe out there. ?

Regards,

Bearmain

• Like 3

consoles are missing this option, flying in the general direction of the sun causes the entire screen so become white and makes traveling around the map at any altitude to become unnavigable

Again going to single player and using the code "admincheat r.lightshafts 0" disables this but adds time to the start of any play session and need to be done after every time the game crashes which is a lot at the moment on regular xboxs