Kids playing ark?PS4

xPizzaJunior

We're all kids who have never grown up or we wouldn't be gaming.  Also, those of us who are suppose to be adults in mmos, plz be nice to youngsters.  I freakn hate comments like "you're to young to be here."  Kids are people to, treat them with respect so they learn to treat others with respect.

As far as finding a younger group to hang with in Ark probably not going to happen.  Unless you bring over like a Minecraft discord group you met in Minecraft.  I'd almost say Overwatch group but dang so many adults getting into Overwatch now.

Good luck kid!  And happy gaming.  :D

adult gamer's are not kids that have not grown up! such a stupid idiot response.

Adults design the games, program the game, imagine and create the game, publish and licence the game! develop and test and release the game and DLC' from ADULT minds and ADULT visions of entertainment and enjoyment.

KIDS are adult wannabees by playing our games. we just don't get as much time to escape in the gaming world as they do! 

5 hours ago, Jemcrystal said:

We're all kids who have never grown up or we wouldn't be gaming.  Also, those of us who are suppose to be adults in mmos, plz be nice to youngsters.  I freakn hate comments like "you're to young to be here."  Kids are people to, treat them with respect so they learn to treat others with respect.

As far as finding a younger group to hang with in Ark probably not going to happen.  Unless you bring over like a Minecraft discord group you met in Minecraft.  I'd almost say Overwatch group but dang so many adults getting into Overwatch now.

Great reply.  Need more of this kind of mentality.

From the perspective of a parent who has kids under 13 that sometimes play Ark, this is about as scary a post as a parent can find.

I won't call this what I fear it is, but I will point out that no responsible adult should EVER recommend or send their kids off to play single player with an anonymous person on a forum asking to play one on one with your children. Its just a no-no. Likewise, no parent should EVER allow their child to go on to an online forum asking this question. I can understand why a kid would, Ark is a great game with friends and that can be tough if you don't have any able to play with you, but this sadly isn't the way.

Also, there should probably be some kinda forum rule against soliciting game play with young children, not matter how innocent the request may or may not be.

3 hours ago, Whipples said:

From the perspective of a parent who has kids under 13 that sometimes play Ark, this is about as scary a post as a parent can find.

I won't call this what I fear it is, but I will point out that no responsible adult should EVER recommend or send their kids off to play single player with an anonymous person on a forum asking to play one on one with your children. Its just a no-no. Likewise, no parent should EVER allow their child to go on to an online forum asking this question. I can understand why a kid would, Ark is a great game with friends and that can be tough if you don't have any able to play with you, but this sadly isn't the way.

Also, there should probably be some kinda forum rule against soliciting game play with young children, not matter how innocent the request may or may not be.

Speaking as someone who was a child on the internet when it was a mostly unmoderated technology and as an adult, Your fear may occasionally make children more safe but it always makes them more fearful.  That being said older people play games with children all the time it's just part of having a hobby.  If it really is a kid wanting to play with other kids then you have just insulted a child, congratulations.  If it isn't then all you managed to do was anonymously accuse an anonymous person of a vague activity.

10 hours ago, Jemcrystal said:

I can relate to this... I was raised by serious academics (try having 2 PhD parents) who forbid gaming of any kind, because they seriously thought it would make me stupid. Fast forward to adulthood... follow my expected academic path and get a graduate degree, marry a guy who likes video games and introduces me to them... get to live the childhood I never had with a MUCH bigger allowance.

I knew the potential for the poster to feel silly or like they did something wrong by reaching out, and I'm cool with that. Not my intent, but I understand. And prior to actually having kids I would probably agree with you guys, but I now understand how even little risks can have life long consequences. And I get to manage my kids risky behavior till I can boot them out!

There are loads of other and safer ways to find friends. Engage with people in the recruiting area, pick a server and start interacting, etc. But as a parent, this risk isn't necessary for a child development (totally different subject). But few people anywhere will say we need more unristricted places online where people can ask to play with children.

I’m twelve about to be thirteen coming from me it’s that people do talk not very cleanly but me and my friends from ark we joke around some of them curse or talk innopropriatly the thing is that kids just need to learn right from wrong so that they don’t copy them and you can let them have fun my parents watch how my friends spoke all they said was you know not to copy them right and I said yes ark players aren’t very clean speaking but I don’t think as long as they know right from wrong you should have a problem

29 minutes ago, NightWolf5022 said:

I’m twelve about to be thirteen coming from me it’s that people do talk not very cleanly but me and my friends from ark we joke around some of them curse or talk innopropriatly the thing is that kids just need to learn right from wrong so that they don’t copy them and you can let them have fun my parents watch how my friends spoke all they said was you know not to copy them right and I said yes ark players aren’t very clean speaking but I don’t think as long as they know right from wrong you should have a problem

That's great! Good attitude to have about it man.

From my experience playing online games, there are many "adults" out there who act a lot less mature than many kids.  We've all heard gaming "adults" swear, get angry and cry over a computer game - mostly "adult men" (in fact I don't think I have ever heard a female gamer act in this way).  Yet those same "adults" moan about "kids today ..."

Archived