ARK - The Final Version

Sikaflex

The devs have said that Extinction is the final dlc; this could always change of course.

I, too, was under the impression that Extinction would feature all creatures and maybe engrams from the basegame and all dlcs ( including Ragnarok) maybe I just misread something the devs said.

What exactly do you mean when you say Extinction should have combined all maps?

From community crunch  "Rest assured, whether it's more TLC, new DLC, new mechanics, or new modes we will be continuing to support ARK through 2019. Beyond that, we’re starting early discussions internally about what the next generation of ARK could look like, but it’s too early to talk about that here. We’d like to thank everyone for their long-standing support and we look forward to the adventure ahead!"

Source:

4 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

From community crunch  "Rest assured, whether it's more TLC, new DLC, new mechanics, or new modes we will be continuing to support ARK through 2019. Beyond that, we’re starting early discussions internally about what the next generation of ARK could look like, but it’s too early to talk about that here. We’d like to thank everyone for their long-standing support and we look forward to the adventure ahead!"

Source:

Yeah, and that was said by the overzealous Wildcard devs that promised many features on Ark that never happened. I would take what they said with a pinch of salt considering the result of the Ark digests and the backtracking they did with many of those.

6 hours ago, SaltyMonkey said:

Yeah, and that was said by the overzealous Wildcard devs that promised many features on Ark that never happened. I would take what they said with a pinch of salt considering the result of the Ark digests and the backtracking they did with many of those.

Oh I agree. But with Atlas bleeding players and never reaching the initial population Ark. Also, Ark's population hasnt been effected by Atlas launch very much. I imagine the devs will keep supporting their cash cow.

9 hours ago, SaltyMonkey said:

Yeah... the Digests were on for a few months and then just stopped with no word (at least that I saw)... I've even emailed more questions in hope of a new Digest or a response that there won't be more (I'd even take just a generic auto reply when emailing that address).

I take it with a mountain of salt while simultaneously feeling a bit hopeful about at least that being their intention... then we'll just have to see how far that takes us!

They're probably thinking about selling off.  Get out from under responsibility costly servers.  Board meetings.  Profit profit profit.  How do we make more money?  Hire another dev?  Naw, to costly.  Shuck it.  Sell to Trion Worlds.  Retire.  Pina Coladas, rain, no yoga, half a brain, midnight, dunes of the cape;   E S C A P E !!!

7 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

Oh I agree. But with Atlas bleeding players and never reaching the initial population Ark. Also, Ark's population hasnt been effected by Atlas launch very much. I imagine the devs will keep supporting their cash cow.

I’d imagine they will keep the content going at a slower pass...

3 hours ago, Zahlea said:

Yeah... the Digests were on for a few months and then just stopped with no word (at least that I saw)... I've even emailed more questions in hope of a new Digest or a response that there won't be more (I'd even take just a generic auto reply when emailing that address).

I take it with a mountain of salt while simultaneously feeling a bit hopeful about at least that being their intention... then we'll just have to see how far that takes us!

...But whether they release any more official DLC maps is a question within itself because of the way they wanted to conclude the ‘Ark story’ with Extinction.

1 hour ago, SaltyMonkey said:

I’d imagine they will keep the content going at a slower pass...

...But whether they release any more official DLC maps is a question within itself because of the way they wanted to conclude the ‘Ark story’ with Extinction.

To be honest, I think there has been more fixes since Atlas... well since Extinction... but thinking about it now, maybe not that much new content.

Yeah... I haven't gone through the story bits yet, so I couldn't say how finalised the story was with Extinction but I got the impression they had ideas for more DLC they wanted to do. But maybe that would be prequels as @Aylana314159 proposed... Oh well, we'll find out soon enough :P

My personal opinion is that we're going to be seeing a sort of ARK 2 on the horizon at some point... whether that's an entirely new game or a different take spiritually with new DLC, I'm not going to make any calls. With the end of Extinction, we've "saved" Earth (though perhaps not entirely... @AngrySaltire ) but there remains the question: how do we restore Earth, and humanity? I think that is what we might see next after TLCs and other QOL updates/improvements, but if there's more DLC to ARK: Survival Evolved, I don't think it'll follow the general course of wake up naked with nothing --> build a base and tame dinosaurs --> go fight some big boss.

In that same vein, if we do get an ARK 2 game it'll be outside of Survival Evolved's element by what I described just above. I don't know if Wildcard slapped that subtitle on this game way back during conceptualization, but they might've done themselves a big favor in the future for franchising purposes.

Archived