Questioning myself about Code of Conduct: Kiting and Killing

Vaculity

So I have these irritable question. And I don't want to hear none of the "its in the code of conduct" bs (that includes you mods, no offence), because the questions I am asking is not listed in it.

• Is kiting wild aggressive dino to other people's unconscious, taming wild dino even permitted?
  • Is killing wild dino from others that they were trying to knock out permitted?

Why did I ask this? A friend tribe of mine was taming a few christmas-colored, high level tame griffin. Some random tribe showed up and killed off one of the griffin that was on the verge of being knocked out, and even kited several aggressive creatures over to the others that are knocked out, often killing it before it can wake up, non-stop.

The report failed few days after it was reported, stating its not against the rule of conduct. So its okay to kite poop over to unconscious dino being tamed or killing them before they get the chance to be knocked out? I want to know this.

according to how the CoC Reads neither of these would technically be against it, since the CoC states "> Intentionally using wild creatures to destroy a player's assets when not in a tribe war."  Under the pve section.

However, since the wild dino they are attempting to tame is technically not their "asset" until post tame, which would make it fair game until it is actually tamed.

6 minutes ago, RipMoFo said:

However, since the wild dino they are attempting to tame is technically not their "asset" until post tame, which would make it fair game until it is actually tamed.

Under PvE game mechanic unconscious dino IS a player/tribe asset already. That is why they have to kite wild dinos to it instead of killing it directly.

But then again - protecting your knocked out dinos is the responsibility of the tamers because it is very hard to prove the offending player did something (unless you got whole process on the video).

2 hours ago, Vaculity said:

So I have these irritable question. And I don't want to hear none of the "its in the code of conduct" bs (that includes you mods, no offence), because the questions I am asking is not listed in it.

• Is kiting wild aggressive dino to other people's unconscious, taming wild dino even permitted?
  • Is killing wild dino from others that they were trying to knock out permitted?

Why did I ask this? A friend tribe of mine was taming a few christmas-colored, high level tame griffin. Some random tribe showed up and killed off one of the griffin that was on the verge of being knocked out, and even kited several aggressive creatures over to the others that are knocked out, often killing it before it can wake up, non-stop.

The report failed few days after it was reported, stating its not against the rule of conduct. So its okay to kite poop over to unconscious dino being tamed or killing them before they get the chance to be knocked out? I want to know this.

In the future I'd recommend building a good ole fashioned taming pen. Even on top of that for added security you could surround the whole thing with spiked walls once you have something inside that you are trying to tame.  I know it doesn't answer the question about COC, but honestly do we really need WC to step in at every scenario like this? Just be smart and don't let the grievers get the upper hand and deal with it yourself.

• Volunteer Moderator

I would say that if you feel the need to ask if something is allowed, then you should probably refrain from doing it; otherwise you would not need to ask.

51 minutes ago, RipMoFo said:

based on original post though i would have to assume this is on a pvp server if the above statement is correct about not being able to do dmg to a downed tame from another tribe on pve, the CoC doesn't say anything about this form of griefing in any way for pvp servers only pve

On PvP you can basically do whatever you want and use whatever tactics to stop the progression of other players, unlike PvE.

3 hours ago, Vaculity said:

(that includes you mods, no offence)

I'm offended. I won't sleep tonight and I will probably cry in the shower. That's your fault, live with that.

5 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

I would say that if you feel the need to ask if something is allowed, then you should probably refrain from doing it; otherwise you would not need to ask.

I would say this thread is completely unnecessary since the response the OP got from the report already answered him in saying that it is not a violation.

2 hours ago, Melcreif said:

In the future I'd recommend building a good ole fashioned taming pen. Even on top of that for added security you could surround the whole thing with spiked walls once you have something inside that you are trying to tame.  I know it doesn't answer the question about COC, but honestly do we really need WC to step in at every scenario like this? Just be smart and don't let the grievers get the upper hand and deal with it yourself.

Thats the main problem, it was inside a locked pen. However, how they still managed to get it (aggressive dino) to actually hit the griffin is beyond me. another problem I noticed is that spiked walls are pointless at most of the scenario. Sure, it keeps wild land dino at bay, but no more. Aerial dino didn't get pricked when they are attacking an unconscious dino being tamed, which is ignorantly stupid. (saw it before, a stupid owl ruining efficiency while I was trying to tame mana, completely ignoring the spike walls even though it circles around at it.)

1 hour ago, invincibleqc said:

I'm offended. I won't sleep tonight and I will probably cry in the shower. That's your fault, live with that.

:(

• Volunteer Moderator
On 1/11/2019 at 3:25 PM, Vaculity said:

So its okay to kite poop over to unconscious dino being tamed or killing them before they get the chance to be knocked out? I want to know this.

Yes.

If you want to stop people from doing things in a sandbox game play PvP. Otherwise "suck it up buttercup".

Archived