PVE servers unplayable, 15 minute map saves causing 10 second game freezes

Skiidzman

On Saturday, January 12, 2019 at 1:11 PM, CptChandler said:

This has gotten a lot worse lately. Many Official Servers during weekends are now almost unplayable. Freezes that leads to all players getting timed out and kicked, servers crashing lag\timeouts that last for 20+ seconds and more. 

After Extinction was launched this is now gamebreaking.  And this is not just about big bases and pve building. 

The Island server I play on has been reasonable playable for 11k ark days. After Extinction big tribes have cryod hundreds of dinos and made their bases smaller, but the server is 10 times worse. Something was changed or introduced with Extinction that Brought this issue. 

Maybe since all the dinos gain exp in pods theres some sort of massive computing going on?

be happy with a freeze, our server save has become so big that everybody times out every 15 minutes. from the very little time i was on i saw 2 players loose a flyer on sunday.
in pvp the server save is only 2 seconds at best.

in pve we need a build limit, not an area limit but a tribe limit, and a much lower dino limit.

Bump to say on TheIsland407 the lag is particularly bad, every 30 minutes, every 15 minutes, and at random times in between there will be random lag spikes. Trying to fly a griffin is like trying to ride a boat back in alpha, a constant rubber-band fest. The server went down for 6 hours at one point even! When will this be fixed?

1 hour ago, Zen00 said:

Bump to say on TheIsland407 the lag is particularly bad, every 30 minutes, every 15 minutes, and at random times in between there will be random lag spikes. Trying to fly a griffin is like trying to ride a boat back in alpha, a constant rubber-band fest. The server went down for 6 hours at one point even! When will this be fixed?

It's a player caused problem. Too much stuff for the server to keep track of. 

WC could have set much lower limits on tames and structures. 

On 1/11/2019 at 12:31 PM, d1nk said:

You arent some messiah. You arent the only person who knows a dupe method (probably bought it off someone anyways..) either.

Duping didnt stop, just the most popular methods. Settling with the fact? Why because you've duped enough to save you? I hope you get meshed.

We didn't buy off anyone lol. And getting meshed? Our tribe is one of the known meshing tribes lol..

5 minutes ago, Skiidzman said:

It bothers me still no response from devs.  They won't even acknowledge it.  Sad what the games become.

This problem only happens do to ecocide. It dosen't happen on good hardware with appropriate limits (dinos and structures).

I am still of the option that official servers should be PvP only. Official PvE dosen't really work, or the obelisks need to call down some wrath and wipe players.

2 minutes ago, Jacira said:

Now that cryo-pods are a thing, the tribe tame size should really be revised. There's literally no excuse to have even more than 300-400 dinos out at a time. 

Especially after the kibble re-work.

Cryo-pods are still locked behind either tek or a pay wall. They should have been industrial tier and available on all maps, if the devs wanted everyone to use them. Also the tribe tame limit would need to be reduced.

4 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

Cryo-pods are still locked behind either tek or a pay wall. They should have been industrial tier and available on all maps, if the devs wanted everyone to use them. Also the tribe tame limit would need to be reduced.

Not really though, they only require a replicator to make it, they don't actually require element which I'm sure you know. I guess they expected that handing them out so often with raptor clause and having them drop so frequently in OSD's on extinction. Coupled with the fact that they are ridiculously cheap to make for what they are, would be enough that beach bobs without a replicator could just ask bigger tribes and they'd give them willingly. I suppose by that logic Wild Card aren't necessarily to blame for that pay wall but simply the greed of human nature.

Also, perhaps they figured that by the time a tribe is big enough to actually really need cryo-pods, they should have access to element anyway. What with Element gachas becoming more and more common and great community helpers such as @BertNoobians practically handing out Rex overly capable enough of doing bosses. 

Tek tier is not the fabled end-game content it used to be.

On 1/11/2019 at 1:31 PM, d1nk said:

You arent some messiah. You arent the only person who knows a dupe method (probably bought it off someone anyways..) either.

Duping didnt stop, just the most popular methods. Settling with the fact? Why because you've duped enough to save you? I hope you get meshed.

maybe i am missing something but that seemed like really hostile to me suddenly :P

On 1/11/2019 at 11:04 AM, TankH said:

Thing is this timer isn't stopping duping. It's back, just not many know how to do it. Not sharing either because this game will end up like legacy again. Settling with fact we can never get wiped on Xbox.

If you re-read what I wrote, in plain English I said "To try and make it harder to dupe," not "To end duping once and for all, forever."

Archived