Guest chancho33015

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem with Cryopods is that someone has to make the first move !

Someone has to be brave enough to store their dinos to reduce the taming cap.  They have to trust that others will do the same.

If trust is abused, then the problem will get worse because there will be dinos stuck in stasis AND the taming cap will still be in place.

It will be interesting to see if this can help on the cap issue. As mentioned by others I hope that the cryopod will be relative low lvl to obtain.
And really importantly it has to be a engram that can be obtained on ALL maps. So you don't have to go to the extinction map to get it. 

Personally I can see myself using the pods if they are good enough. I would like to free up some space in my base by putting my backup boss dino set's into storage. But only if those dinos keep gaining xp at the same rate as they would if they where out and about in my base. 
Maybe a possible incentive to use cryopods could be a slight xp gain boost when in cryo vs not in cryo?

Guest chancho33015
3 hours ago, CptChandler said:

It will be interesting to see if this can help on the cap issue. As mentioned by others I hope that the cryopod will be relative low lvl to obtain.
And really importantly it has to be a engram that can be obtained on ALL maps. So you don't have to go to the extinction map to get it. 

Personally I can see myself using the pods if they are good enough. I would like to free up some space in my base by putting my backup boss dino set's into storage. But only if those dinos keep gaining xp at the same rate as they would if they where out and about in my base. 
Maybe a possible incentive to use cryopods could be a slight xp gain boost when in cryo vs not in cryo?

Amm I am guessing you will have to go to Extinction to get it. 

Just like unlocking a turbine generator. 

But that is my guess.

We will have to wait to find out.

Guest chancho33015
4 hours ago, DuoMogAgain said:

Someone has to be brave enough to store their dinos to reduce the taming cap.  They have to trust that others will do the same.

If trust is abused, then the problem will get worse because there will be dinos stuck in stasis AND the taming cap will still be in place.

It is true what you are saying...but I don't think people will NOT use them. I think everyone is going to use them cause I am pretty sure everyone is tire of feeding 500 Dinos all over their massive bases. 

I think people will use this from day one on pve official.

But is good to note that PVP will have no much use to that new devise. As you always need your Dinos out to protect your bases...

52 minutes ago, chancho33015 said:

It is true what you are saying...but I don't think people will NOT use them. I think everyone is going to use them cause I am pretty sure everyone is tire of feeding 500 Dinos all over their massive bases. 

I think people will use this from day one on pve official.

But is good to note that PVP will have no much use to that new devise. As you always need your Dinos out to protect your bases...

PVP will find a use for the pods. I’m sure there are item dupe glitches that exist, so now instead of duping dinos, people can easily dupe items in the “ark data”. 

I’m sure nobody will do that though because it’s against the rules. Just like nobody meshes. ;)

Guest chancho33015
31 minutes ago, flamron said:

PVP will find a use for the pods. I’m sure there are item dupe glitches that exist, so now instead of duping dinos, people can easily dupe items in the “ark data”. 

I’m sure nobody will do that though because it’s against the rules. Just like nobody meshes. ;)

true true... sad to agree...but yah :/ 

Guest chancho33015
9 hours ago, WookieWizard said:

The problem is not the tame cap.  The cap is a symptom.  The real problem is that there exists no meaningful incentive to avoid the tame cap, and some pretty strong arguments can be made that there are actually incentives to sustain it.

As it stands, keeping 500 dinos fed is laughably easy for even a single person to accomplish, requiring only a few minutes per week for a practiced dino-feeding peon.  As long as that remains true, changing the cap (any cap) or implementing a cold storage solution will ultimately have no long-term positive impact on the cap.

Consider that the resources necessary to keep X dinosaurs fed scales approximately linearly, but the time needed to acquire those resources quickly flattens beyond a certain point due to economies of scale.  That transition usually occurs long before one reaches 100 dinos.  

Once the tipping point is reached, the difference in time needed to feed 500 dinos isn't dramatically greater than the time necessary to feed 50, and excess is readily stored for long periods.  Overall, feeding 100 dinosaurs on five servers doesn't require significantly more time than feeding 500 dinos on one server.

What that all means is that reducing the tribe limit opens enough slots in the near term that more players can move in and store dinos until the cap is reached again.  Once that happens (and it must; the alternative is to shrink the player base, which is silly), we're right back where we started, only worse, because now we have more players griping about being "forced" to maintain momre dinos on more servers (except that's already happening).

There needs to be a significant incentive to not reach the cap.  In order for the cryopods to have any impact at all, there needs to be a highly significant advantage in using them.  Right now, with the information we have, there does not appear to be one.  Storing dinos the traditional way is simply too easy, requiring virtually no infrastructure, and minimal resources.

Until that changes, the may the cap be with you.

WEll lets talk about the incentives of not having 500 dinos getting in the way of your in you base(FOR PVE):

1. Not having to waste time feeding dinos all over the base. 

2. Bases will become smaller as there will be no need to maintain big structures.

3. opens up for a better ally experience if players want to live closer to each other as they will no longer need a big "dino Pen".

4. well, if economy is a thing then selling pods full of dinos might become a new part of this economic system.

5. Lowering dino cap if we use it.

I mean, if this is not incentive enough on PVE....then nothing will be.

On PVP that is another story. I do believe that on pvp this might not be a great of an addition...cause well, war needs dinos out...not dinos in lol

But perhaps this will allow some solo players to have some added protection as they could unleash 500 dodos if they are having their thatch bases raided lol

Guest chancho33015
9 hours ago, Sphere said:

Now you can have an army of dinosaurs that you cannot access because the servers quickly filled up to the tame limit.

ammm i dont think so.

I think with this they might lower the taming cap to 100 dinos per tribe after a while and give us some time to put dinos inside the cryo fridges before they officially lowered on pve.

On pvp that is not a problem...so...i guess this addition to pvp is more of a luxury than anything else.

7 hours ago, DuoMogAgain said:

i agree with you, it has to be an engram that anyone can obtain or easy for players to maintain (gas instead of element/tek tier). Also, the whole server needs to be involved of using the pods. I know for a fact that big tribes are not going to use this with dinos they plan to take out in the near future. I know i would not put dinos inside these cryopod knowing there can be possibility for the server being tame capped and not being able to take out those dinos in cryopods.

Its a risky move 

Guest chancho33015
9 minutes ago, SpittaAndretti said:

i agree with you, it has to be an engram that anyone can obtain or easy for players to maintain (gas instead of element/tek tier). Also, the whole server needs to be involved of using the pods. I know for a fact that big tribes are not going to use this with dinos they plan to take out in the near future. I know i would not put dinos inside these cryopod knowing there can be possibility for the server being tame capped and not being able to take out those dinos in cryopods.

Its a risky move 

This is going to solve the problem only if one person starts doing it...and everyone will follow after that. However, i do hope that ark on pve forces tame cap to be 100 dinos. That way people are forced to used it and solve that problem you are talking about. 

It also solves the problem of enabling people to have multiple accounts cause it will not be worth it anymore...on pve

On pvp...that is a different problem i dont want to tackle... i am a pve person so...pvp i leave that to someone else ? 

Guest chancho33015
59 minutes ago, TerrorBird said:

I wonder how much each Cryopod will weigh. Maybe it will vary based on the Dino

that is a good question. I think if they are going to be tradeable they will probably have a set weight. probably really heavy....but...who knows...might be a good idea to start working on 12k weight Quetzals lol

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, chancho33015 said:

ammm i dont think so.

I think with this they might lower the taming cap to 100 dinos per tribe after a while and give us some time to put dinos inside the cryo fridges before they officially lowered on pve.

On pvp that is not a problem...so...i guess this addition to pvp is more of a luxury than anything else.

You realise you saying you think they'll lower tame cap to 100 actually further supports the post that you were responding to when you said you don't think so?

3 hours ago, chancho33015 said:

WEll lets talk about the incentives of not having 500 dinos getting in the way of your in you base(FOR PVE?

1. Not having to waste time feeding dinos all over the base. 

2. Bases will become smaller as there will be no need to maintain big structures.

3. opens up for a better ally experience if players want to live closer to each other as they will no longer need a big "dino Pen".

4. well, if economy is a thing then selling pods full of dinos might become a new part of this economic system.

5. Lowering dino cap if we use it.

1.  This is fundamentally a base design problem, with many solutions available.  I can think of three unique methods to feed 500 dinos using a single trough, and I'm certain there are others.  A Wyvern, a Gig, a Bronto, some efficient engineering, and twenty minutes (that's generous) once a week is sufficient to sustain 500 dinos indefinitely.  That's a pretty low standard to have to maintain, considering the outsized impact it has on the server.  Cryo will presumably need power; the time spent producing fuel is likely to be approximately equivalent.  The point is, the time savings introduced by cryo will need to be HUGE in order to offset and incentivize abandonment of the infrastructure that's already in place for just feeding and storing dinos.

2.  You seem to be saying that smaller bases are desirable, but you're not explaining why.  We don't actually need bases to store dinos on PvE, but for the sake of argument I will note that structures on PvE require no maintenance beyond logging in, which is required to feed dinos.  Some people want large bases, which can be perceived as an indicator of prosperity or credibility.  What we see, however, is that most structures top out at roughly 40x20x20 in size, at which point, they just build gate walls to pen in their dinos, which results in the inefficient sprawl that probably results in your first statement above.  Bases like that rarely last more than a few months; they're too much work and eventually resolve on their own.  Most of the "problematic dino-storage tribes" aren't building bases this way.  Their bases are hyper-efficient, and they're just sitting there loaded with dinos, year in, year out, getting fed once a week by someone with 20 free minutes on her hands.

3.  See 1 and 2.  You're also comparing storage tribes to an active community of players.  The community you describe is desirable and something we should pursue, but I suspect most of us would agree these are different things with respect to the tame cap issue.

4.  Economy of Scale: "a proportionate reduction in costs gained by an increased level of production."  Not the same as "An Economy."  But with regard to selling dinos, the tame cap actually encourages the trading of dinosaurs.  Trading is more common when capped, not less.  That's not an argument in favor of the cap, rather, it should be an indictment of the taming and breeding system.

5.  Can you clarify on this?  I'm not sure what you mean here.

On the subject of lowering the tribe tame cap, it won’t make a difference and will likely encourage people to make more alt tribes. At the end of the day, the server tame cap will remain the same so lowering the tribe tame cap will just allow more tribes on the server, making diplomacy more problematic when trying to control the overall cap.

Guest chancho33015
4 hours ago, WookieWizard said:

1.  This is fundamentally a base design problem, with many solutions available.  I can think of three unique methods to feed 500 dinos using a single trough, and I'm certain there are others.  A Wyvern, a Gig, a Bronto, some efficient engineering, and twenty minutes (that's generous) once a week is sufficient to sustain 500 dinos indefinitely.  That's a pretty low standard to have to maintain, considering the outsized impact it has on the server.  Cryo will presumably need power; the time spent producing fuel is likely to be approximately equivalent.  The point is, the time savings introduced by cryo will need to be HUGE in order to offset and incentivize abandonment of the infrastructure that's already in place for just feeding and storing dinos.

2.  You seem to be saying that smaller bases are desirable, but you're not explaining why.  We don't actually need bases to store dinos on PvE, but for the sake of argument I will note that structures on PvE require no maintenance beyond logging in, which is required to feed dinos.  Some people want large bases, which can be perceived as an indicator of prosperity or credibility.  What we see, however, is that most structures top out at roughly 40x20x20 in size, at which point, they just build gate walls to pen in their dinos, which results in the inefficient sprawl that probably results in your first statement above.  Bases like that rarely last more than a few months; they're too much work and eventually resolve on their own.  Most of the "problematic dino-storage tribes" aren't building bases this way.  Their bases are hyper-efficient, and they're just sitting there loaded with dinos, year in, year out, getting fed once a week by someone with 20 free minutes on her hands.

3.  See 1 and 2.  You're also comparing storage tribes to an active community of players.  The community you describe is desirable and something we should pursue, but I suspect most of us would agree these are different things with respect to the tame cap issue.

4.  Economy of Scale: "a proportionate reduction in costs gained by an increased level of production."  Not the same as "An Economy."  But with regard to selling dinos, the tame cap actually encourages the trading of dinosaurs.  Trading is more common when capped, not less.  That's not an argument in favor of the cap, rather, it should be an indictment of the taming and breeding system.

5.  Can you clarify on this?  I'm not sure what you mean here.

1. Well, you are right in that 500 dinos can just be fed with one tek trough. if you just leave a mess near a tek trough running. which is what people with multiple accounts do to store dinos in other servers...

However, i also mention that if tribe cap is lowered to 100 dinos per tribe that will actually force people to use pods and also discourage people from buying ark multiple times to cheat the system as it will not be worth it just to increase 100 dino slots. 

2. I dont know of anyone who likes having a giant base... for the sake of having a giant base. Unless you are just trolling someone with rendering (which is one thing some people do). But yes, having less dinos encourages people to build a smaller base...in fact, more of a house. more personal. and it encourages people to create communities as they no longer need a large physical space to put large dinos. they just can pop them in and out of the cryo chamber when they want to use them. 

3. At the moment i have been checking trading and is slow...since people cant breed...cant tame much...since servers are capped. Also, cap has push some players to quit. So is quiet the opposite of that. The more space to tame and breed, the more sells go up and trading. 

4. Some people are now selling 20 boss dinos ready...would definetly be easier to sell a cryo chamber than to transfer 20 dinos individually. definitely helps with another venue to sell high quantitative of dinos easier! 

5. Well, if less people are allowed to have on pve less dinos on the servers outside of the pods...it will be harder to cap servers. but this only for pve i mean. Lowering tribe dino cap to 100 is 5 times less dinos per tribe. that will allow a higher quantity of people to play per server without the fear of capping it so easily. Not saying that there will not be those few people who buy ark now 5 times to have 500 slots...people will always try to beat the system lol

But we have to wait, who knows how this is going to play off in the end... only the ark gods know lol

Guest chancho33015
3 hours ago, SaltyMonkey said:

On the subject of lowering the tribe tame cap, it won’t make a difference and will likely encourage people to make more alt tribes. At the end of the day, the server tame cap will remain the same so lowering the tribe tame cap will just allow more tribes on the server, making diplomacy more problematic when trying to control the overall cap.

you are right, there are some people that have multiple accounts...but if they lower the number to 100 per tribe...that will encourage people to put dinos in cryo chambers more and also making those cheaters who want to buy another ark game from another steam account less effective lol i mean, if they lower it to 100 dinos per tribe if a person wants to  have 500 dinos displayed they have to buy ark 5 times...100 dollars just for that...you would have to be pretty dumb to do that lol not to mention buying the DLCs again...so 500 dollars to have 500+ dinos...if anyone does that...dam... 

Guest chancho33015
14 hours ago, Austria said:

Yeah we will put all Gigas and 80xBossRex Backup in cryo! PS: on Xbox Lagacy we have 250Tribe tame Limit lol

god, you are still in legacy?! you should move already to official... legacy is being close slowly but surely. Not worth it ? 

Guest chancho33015
6 hours ago, GP said:

You realise you saying you think they'll lower tame cap to 100 actually further supports the post that you were responding to when you said you don't think so?

oh i found what you said. didnt read till now the answer of the other post since it was on another thread ? sorry!

Well, people will use them and store dinos they are not using. I think that is intensive enough.

but yes, if they lower 100 dinos per tribe...that is 5 x less dinos per server in the worst day. 

And if people decide they want to cheat the system...they have to buy ark 5 times if they want to have 500 dino slots again. Definitely doesn't encourage people to cheat that way anymore. since you will have to buy the base game 5 times...and buy every DLC 5 times too. Not saying that there is not 1 person who will do that....cause people like to cheat the system but it will at least be harder XD 

13 minutes ago, chancho33015 said:

1. Well, you are right in that 500 dinos can just be fed with one tek trough. if you just leave a mess near a tek trough running. which is what people with multiple accounts do to store dinos in other servers...

However, i also mention that if tribe cap is lowered to 100 dinos per tribe that will actually force people to use pods and also discourage people from buying ark multiple times to cheat the system as it will not be worth it just to increase 100 dino slots. 

2. I dont know of anyone who likes having a giant base... for the sake of having a giant base. Unless you are just trolling someone with rendering (which is one thing some people do). But yes, having less dinos encourages people to build a smaller base...in fact, more of a house. more personal. and it encourages people to create communities as they no longer need a large physical space to put large dinos. they just can pop them in and out of the cryo chamber when they want to use them. 

3. At the moment i have been checking trading and is slow...since people cant breed...cant tame much...since servers are capped. Also, cap has push some players to quit. So is quiet the opposite of that. The more space to tame and breed, the more sells go up and trading. 

4. Some people are now selling 20 boss dinos ready...would definetly be easier to sell a cryo chamber than to transfer 20 dinos individually. definitely helps with another venue to sell high quantitative of dinos easier! 

5. Well, if less people are allowed to have on pve less dinos on the servers outside of the pods...it will be harder to cap servers. but this only for pve i mean. Lowering tribe dino cap to 100 is 5 times less dinos per tribe. that will allow a higher quantity of people to play per server without the fear of capping it so easily. Not saying that there will not be those few people who buy ark now 5 times to have 500 slots...people will always try to beat the system lol

But we have to wait, who knows how this is going to play off in the end... only the ark gods know lol

Plenty of people if not the VAST majority, love building behemoth size bases. You’re also making a lot of assumptions. “If” they do this then this must happen. You’re also putting alot of faith into Wildcard, a company that doesn’t have the most appealing track record. Wait and see what happens but I won’t hold my breath.

Archived