Anyone else keeps losing their light pets? (Getting them killed)

AdligerAdler

I have bad luck with light pets. I had 4 bulbdogs. 2 were 140 and 150. I lost all 4 bulbs within 5 days. You know how? Bluescreen, dismounted by baryonyx, bluescreen, bluescreen. Next day I lost my shinehorn due to getting kicked from server, a karkinos stomped it. But the final one of 8 server rollbacks (? it's ridiculous) gave it back to me. I didn't cause the rollbacks btw. Only learned that players can do them a couple of days after. 

I play a lot so I get 1-2 bluescreens every day (bluescreen = error in game application on PS4) where a casual might get 1-2 a week.

It sucks but what can I do against getting it killed?

I need a light pet in the biolum and when I disconnect it falls to the ground, and most likely gets eaten since the predator density in the biolum is pretty high. I wish it would go into my mount's inventory as soon as my character falls unconscious. It's not hard to tame light pets and I have 40 z seeds saved up. But it's annoying to have to tame a new one almost every time before I head into the depths of Aberration.

How is your light pet situation?

I have bad luck with light pets. I had 4 bulbdogs. 2 were 140 and 150. I lost all 4 bulbs within 5 days. You know how? Bluescreen, dismounted by baryonyx, bluescreen, bluescreen. Next day I lost my shinehorn due to getting kicked from server, a karkinos stomped it. But the final one of 8 server rollbacks ([emoji23] it's ridiculous) gave it back to me. I didn't cause the rollbacks btw. Only learned that players can do them a couple of days after. 
I play a lot so I get 1-2 bluescreens every day (bluescreen = error in game application on PS4) where a casual might get 1-2 a week.
It sucks but what can I do against getting it killed?
I need a light pet in the biolum and when I disconnect it falls to the ground, and most likely gets eaten since the predator density in the biolum is pretty high. I wish it would go into my mount's inventory as soon as my character falls unconscious. It's not hard to tame light pets and I have 40 z seeds saved up. But it's annoying to have to tame a new one almost every time before I head into the depths of Aberration.
How is your light pet situation?
All my light pets have apprentice flak helmets. Gives them half a chance when you disconnect or get knocked off. Plus can put sweet masks on them

Oh man, let's just say my graveyard is progressing very nicely :|...

My drake killed one of then down in the rad zone looking for eggs. I pointed to dash up to a ledge while I was clinging to the side of a wall, and the drake dashed 180 degrees from where I wanted and flew right into the purple water. Killed my shoulder pet in 3 ticks xD.

Light buddies are like Jerboas on Scorched. In fact I seem to be going through  them faster than jerboas which is worrying. While I have my 2 main ones I use for general use I have stopped naming the ones I take for more risky stuff. I am going through them like tic tacs at the moment. I have a few high levels of glow buddies reserved for breeding  although I am still looking for good glowtails and featherlights. Bulbdogs and shinehorns will have to do for just now. Got a wee pen full of them just so people can grab and go without over worrying about losing them.

Yeah I go through a lot, don't mind losing them when I get killed, can live with that but losing them because of a dc or crash pisses me off, especially when I've had one long enough to pump a lot of levels into it, I've got 3 or 4 decent ones left that I've been levelling up and just use for long trips as they've got good charge, regen & range, if I'm just going on quick meat runs, metal runs etc then I just take one of my expendable ones.

We seem to loose light pets more then we use to loose jerboas, atleast 2 or 3 a week, lol. Mostly from getting grabbed off our mounts. We don't loose quite as many now that we use megalosaurs as our main mount, but I found out the hard way crabs can still dismount you while riding a megalosaur. The wife and I were fighting a 180 Alpha crab and i was dismounted and it killed me in seconds even with full flak and 600hp, and my 4k charge bulbdog was eaten by piranhas shortly after. 

When I played SE i kept a dozen jerboas on standby...I should get a bigger collection of glow pets, right now we only have 3 or 4 bulbdogs and maybe 3 shinehorns...would really suck not having a glowpet while living in the biolum

I must have been really lucky with mine - the only time I tend to lose them is when down in the radiation zone due to my own stupidity.  Either throwing them from my shoulder accidentally.. or once attempting to cross the pink slime rivers but that also killed myself and my Mega - stupid eels and cnidria stun locking us in the slime of death when attempting to cross quickly.

The exception is when I was attempting to bring back up multiple feather lights which I could obviously only carry one. That was a mission trying to get a mated pair back home to Fertile Lake safely. Lost sooo many featherlights tring to get a boy and girl for imprint kibble.  Last attempt I decided strength in numbers and tamed up 3 boys and 3 girls before heading back up.  Lost 2 on the way back - both girls!!

Luckily managed to get back with 3 boys and 1 girl which allowed me to breed more girls rather than risk that journey again.

BTW they seem to stay on your shoulder if you first lay on a bed before logging rather than standing beside your unconscious body.

What do you guys mean by blue screens?  I'm not sure I have encountered these issues myself but I only play on my own rented servers for Island and Aberration.

I do occasionally get screen freezes but they seem less often these days - usually around inventory transfers.  Recently I have started to get the odd message box of exceptions when quitting ARK but at that point I don't really pay much attention as I wanted to close it anyway and head to bed for the evening.

Hatched a 212 glowtail the other day and our server lagged so bad that it kicked everyone off and the server wasn't even list for 20 minutes because people are duping on the server. It starved to death despite being a couple hours into maturation and I had even filled it up right before lagging out... Still upset about it lol. But otherwise we go through lots of shinehorns as well.

• 2 weeks later...

I've only lost 2 so far, but one of them was a high level featherlight who hadn't produced an egg yet so I was annoyed about that. So the first thing I did when I got a new female was breed them, and I now refuse to take any of my breeding light pets outside the safety of the base. I'm just going to breed a few spares to keep around in case of any more accidents.

First one I lost while getting my first rock drake egg. Second one I was on the surface for the first time with a tribemate and it unexpectedly turned to day (we did watch the clock). Tribemate and his rock drake survived. Neither myself, my pet nor my drake were so lucky. Good thing that egg popped twins, but I'm down to one drake now. But anyway I have a breeding pair of featherlights and one bred one, with plans for many more.

When I go to tame new featherlights I just go without a pet so that way when I tame a new one I can put it on my shoulder. Fighting through the hordes of nameless are annoying, but less so than risking a new breeding animal trying to get home.

Archived