Updates

Duke1

Guest DJRone89

People complain to the devs to “fix the game” but then get angry when a bunch of bug fixes get added over concurrent days. Make your mind up lol

Welcome to how PC players have felt for years.

Just wait till you host your own unofficial server after a major version release (say... like 276) and you get literally 25 updates ALL OF WHICH REQUIRE A SERVER RESTART in the space of 48 hours.

And they never tell you exactly which ones "complete" the set, so you're stuck thinking, "Do I wait for another update or is this the one"

4 minutes ago, DJRone89 said:

People complain to the devs to “fix the game” but then get angry when a bunch of bug fixes get added over concurrent days. Make your mind up lol

here's the issue. They force the updates in the middle of game play. Me and several others across all multiple server's (so no coincidence there) blue screened and then had to download an update before being able to log back in. Depending on how your internet was acting, it could take 15 to 45 minutes. I died by drowning and luckily only lost some Ghillie Armor from this, this weekend. There was a Theri very close to the area I bluescreened that luckily did not attack and kill my Wyvern and Bulbdog. 

We want them to fix and if they have an update for me when I am loading in normally, awesome but forced updates that kick you from the game is complete and utter garbage. 

They haven't fixed anything that I requested, so basically they're not doing anything for me. Also, this was two updates in a single day. No one is managing the process, its every developer for themselves, push how what you want when you want. 

Your right, there basically for Aberation. So even though I didn't purchase it, I need to stop game play everyday and have 2-6 GBs of updates forced on me that does nothing for me. With all these updates, they should just give me Aberation.

Yeah had to change my review because of all these stupid massive updates. We only have 4mb line here, so in the couple hours I have to game, I been sitting and updating. raptorit....Not even going to bother buying Aberation or spending another cent on this poop. Poor optimized, buggy, constant massive updates, which all point to the game not done yet, but we have to already buy a 2nd DLC ??... raptorit....and raptor wc for screwing up what could have been one of the best titles ever.

39 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

"Please, fix this and fix that"

"Stop the updates, they are annoying!"

If you actually FIXED stuff, it would not be a problem, but most of this huge updates are new content for the paid DLCs.... I did not even buy the new one yet, but I am getting screwed over by the updates all the same. 

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, Marinxar said:

If you actually FIXED stuff, it would not be a problem, but most of this huge updates are new content for the paid DLCs.... I did not even buy the new one yet, but I am getting screwed over by the updates all the same. 

First of all, I'm not working for Wildcard. Second of, you can spawn the content of the expansions into the base game even if you don't own them which means that they are fixing content available to you for free. Keep in mind that no matter what time they pushes update, someone somewhere will be affected negatively by it. This is the sad reality, unfortunately.

To everyone complaining about getting updates for a dlc you don't own: The dlc is the map of Aberration, but the creature, item, and backend fixes have to be applied to the base game. You are NOT getting updates for the dlc, but the base game. The stuff from Aberration is now in the base game, and when things get fixed, they issue a patch for them. Regardless of if you own the dlc or not, those assets MUST be patched for you to play the game, or you'd crash every time you rendered anything from Aberration. Please, stop complaining, and just be happy they are fixing stuff. Better scheduling of updates would be preferred, but stop complaining about them updating the game. Irritating as it may be, it's still progress, and in the right direction.

Guest DJRone89
3 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

here's the issue. They force the updates in the middle of game play. Me and several others across all multiple server's (so no coincidence there) blue screened and then had to download an update before being able to log back in. Depending on how your internet was acting, it could take 15 to 45 minutes. I died by drowning and luckily only lost some Ghillie Armor from this, this weekend. There was a Theri very close to the area I bluescreened that luckily did not attack and kill my Wyvern and Bulbdog. 

We want them to fix and if they have an update for me when I am loading in normally, awesome but forced updates that kick you from the game is complete and utter garbage. 

How exactly do you impose Wildcard to release updates simultaneously around the globe that doesn’t kick anyone?

How exactly do you impose Wildcard to release updates simultaneously around the globe that doesn’t kick anyone?
Do what they normally do and put in an in game warning and don't start proceedings before that. It's a necessary inconvenience then but it gives you time to get to a safe place. Whatever they do to prep for the update is what's kicking/blue screening. There were no structures to load in so I know that wasn't the cause of the blue screen and considering I had been playing all day there was definitely no I'm game warning either. The update before, there was and I was able to stow myself safely.

5 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

I'm not trying to be snarky here...but what exactly is it that you expect? Should they call their customers and ask them if it is a convenient time to push an update? If it's not, they should wait until the customer is logged off and tucked snuggly under the covers? I understand the frustration of multiple updates, I just don't understand the logic behind telling a company not to "force the updates in the middle of game play." Ark isn't a 9am-5pm kind of game. Someone's always going to be in the middle of game play...it will suck for anyone who's playing the game at the time.

I'm not trying to be snarky here...but what exactly is it that you expect? Should they call their customers and ask them if it is a convenient time to push an update? If it's not, they should wait until the customer is logged off and tucked snuggly under the covers? I understand the frustration of multiple updates, I just don't understand the logic behind telling a company not to "force the updates in the middle of game play." Ark isn't a 9am-5pm kind of game. Someone's always going to be in the middle of game play...it will suck for anyone who's playing the game at the time.

I just explained this above. They are literally kicking you from the game with whatever they are doing to initiate the update. In the middle of flying or fighting or whatever. No warning. Why can they sometimes give warnings and shut down/pause the server and sometimes they don't for updates? I have no problem with updates or patches. I have a problem with them pushing the updates and patches and not shutting down the server/pausing game play to do so like they do other of times.

5 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

I just explained this above. They are literally kicking you from the game with whatever they are doing to initiate the update. In the middle of flying or fighting or whatever. No warning. Why can they sometimes give warnings and shut down/pause the server and sometimes they don't for updates? I have no problem with updates or patches. I have a problem with them pushing the updates and patches and not shutting down the server/pausing game play to do so like they do other of times.

If they usually give warnings, I would assume this was a mistake or that something went wrong. It doesn't take away the frustration of it happening, I know, but maybe it's a consolation to think it might not be repeated :)

Archived