Wow

Mjsechrest

Had fun for two days on aberration we had a decent base 6 autos and a few nice tames like Spinos and ravs. Wake up and base is foundation wiped by a certain tribe we saw before.  We went to find their base and we saw a full metal base with about 50 plantx and 60-70 turrets. This game is only catered to mega tribes and there is literally no chance for medium and small tribes to even exist. There's nothing we could do to even remotely try to get payback they have 30-40 people in their tribe. The whole game chat is all their tribe taking all day as they kill everyone else on the server for no reason. So it was a fun two days but abberation is done for me. It's a nice map though wc but it doesn't matter in pvp. All that matters is having server capped with your mega tribe friends

(Xbox Official) 

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like you had a bit of a rough time. It seems to be like this on a lot of servers my only advise would be to scout a few servers and see if you can find one with a lot of little tribes talking and find one where the competition will be a little more even. If you find a server where 30 people from the same tribe all talking in global you know it's going to be a rough ride. Good luck 

I love the idea of pvp I think it brings a real edge to the game but sadly it just doesn't work well as the little person has no chance to get to a place in the game where they can survive. I think there would need to be a big chance to give people a chance to reach a place where they can survive but have no idea what would be the best way of going about it 

Would love to see some  Tribe member limited servers.  Say max of 5 people per Tribe, and max of 3 alliances.  This would allow the single player or 2-3 people tribes to compete.  Since no one would be more than 5 per tribe, it would really allow a much more even ground.  Quite honestly, I do not understand what fun it could possible be for the Mega-Tribes to continually wipe out the tiny starter tribes/players.  Would bore me to tears.  But then again there are those people who like to burn ants with a magnifying glass.  The mega-Tribes are the same mentality.

Sad story. But unfortunately also a rather typical one on official pvp servers, because the concept is just broken. All vanilla pvp servers are in one huge cluster with basicly unlimited transfer between them and unlimited tribe and alliance size. This encourages the formation of huge tribes and those huge tribes will eventually come for you because they are bored, want to keep "their" server clean or whatever and then you have no chance to fight back. Either you join them or quit. One could say your fate is certain from the second you start on an official vanilla pvp server.

4 hours ago, Mjsechrest said:

All that matters is having server capped with your mega tribe friends

This is sadly what it all comes down to.

Wildcard needs to put a real limit on tribe size and get alliance sizes under control or just remove them completely. Would also help with the lag btw...

I began to play on the NoTaming cluster and while i sometimes miss taming, i luckily dont have to deal with the abovementioned problems.

What about setting up on Orp, for pvp

One thing about orp, hidden bases work better than ever. 

It sucks having your stuff wiped for the sake of pvp

however we already know bases with thousands of turrets can easily be raided while the tribe is offline.(meaning without orp you CANT LOG OFF) no matter how big the base is. 

So why dont we look more seriously at some orp balence? online defence is fun and you have a chance online even when outnumbered. Orp ftw!

region locking would be enough to prevent good part of offline raids. tribes should be locked to a maximum of 20 people with 1 maybe 2 allied tribes (not alliances). i know they will not limit it on the main cluster, but they should introduce small tribes cluster with same settings as the main cluster so the people can fluctuate amongst servers. @Jatheish what do you think?

18 minutes ago, OttoGrunf said:

region locking would be enough to prevent good part of offline raids. tribes should be locked to a maximum of 20 people with 1 maybe 2 allied tribes (not alliances). i know they will not limit it on the main cluster, but they should introduce small tribes cluster with same settings as the main cluster so the people can fluctuate amongst servers. @Jatheish what do you think?

region locking? lol ever heard of a proxy server? look im not trying to be mean or anything but region lock doesnt stop much. even as it is now, i dont see any any exploits with orp 1, you cant use pin codes.  Currently bases aren't able to defend themselves. 

also any pvp experience ive had in 6000 hours of ark, its always more fun to defend online.  than to see they ate bullets on one side, blew some walls and killed everything.  

players will exploit region locking to its full extent to raid other players while they are offline for fat loot. 

the max tribe size thing would be nice for balance.

47 minutes ago, OttoGrunf said:

unofficial servers are: prone to admin abuse, gets closed often when admins got bored, usually have 100 dumb mods, are hard to filter our to find a proper one, have 0 new people and that is super boring

sounds like someone got up on the wrong side of the bed..

for 1: on our server we have 2 admins. we're both PLAYING Aberration.

2: We have 2 mods (currently) that's it. our highest mod count is 14, mostly builder stuff.

3: our server will be around at least another 10 months (as that is what it is paid up to)

6 hours ago, Zederia said:

2: We have 2 mods (currently) that's it. our highest mod count is 14, mostly builder stuff.

3: our server will be around at least another 10 months (as that is what it is paid up to)

10 months is not much time for Ark :) theres soo much to do when you are a solo tribe.

Personally: when going unofficial, dont join a random 1. Make contact with the owner/admin first and ask around a bit before joining.

11 hours ago, OttoGrunf said:

unofficial servers are: prone to admin abuse, gets closed often when admins got bored, usually have 100 dumb mods, are hard to filter our to find a proper one, have 0 new people and that is super boring

You should try unofficial at one point so you at least have some idea what you're talking about when you attempt to speak with any level of authority on the topic.

On 12/19/2017 at 6:38 AM, Mjsechrest said:

Had fun for two days on aberration we had a decent base 6 autos and a few nice tames like Spinos and ravs. Wake up and base is foundation wiped by a certain tribe we saw before.  We went to find their base and we saw a full metal base with about 50 plantx and 60-70 turrets. This game is only catered to mega tribes and there is literally no chance for medium and small tribes to even exist. There's nothing we could do to even remotely try to get payback they have 30-40 people in their tribe. The whole game chat is all their tribe taking all day as they kill everyone else on the server for no reason. So it was a fun two days but abberation is done for me. It's a nice map though wc but it doesn't matter in pvp. All that matters is having server capped with your mega tribe friends

(Xbox Official) 

This is going to happen. If you're going to give up on the DLC after two days because you played on a PvP server and got wiped, then it's probably not the game mode for you. I'd recommend trying PvE servers. If you feel like trying PvP again, start up in singleplayer mode and spawn in a flyer to get a good idea of the layout of the map. Find a good hidden place that way and go back to a PvP server to build there.

9 hours ago, Ranger1 said:

"Amazing.  Every word of what you just said was wrong." - Luke Skywalker

im not wrong. plase explain how am i wrong?

ps:
movie is dumb, and last sw movie i watched

41 minutes ago, LouSpowells said:

You should try unofficial at one point so you at least have some idea what you're talking about when you attempt to speak with any level of authority on the topic.

im writing from experience. please elaborate what is wrong and give example how am i wrong

11 hours ago, Zederia said:

1 so? 2 and its moded, there is people that want to play vanilla. 3 thats super nice, but its still not server i would play on because even if its vanilla cluster and its not, you will have zero influx of new people because there is no filter in ark server browser so people who are looking for vanilla servers can find one

1 hour ago, OttoGrunf said:

im writing from experience. please elaborate what is wrong and give example how am i wrong

The concerns you cite are borderline irrelevant to the reality of unofficial play to the point of misrepresentation, indicative of someone with little-to-zero experience and/or a chip on their shoulder looking for a fight. Those who spend any reasonable amount of time on a populated unofficial server with a rule list and moderation (which are unbelievably easy to find simply by typing "Ark unofficial server list <insert platform>" into Google) will seldom experience the potential concerns you are coyly implying to be near certainties. Even in the seldom circumstances which such concerns are realized, the frustrations that might occur as a result will in most cases handily pale in comparison and frequency to the frustrations a solo player or small tribe will encounter while attempting to casually enjoy Ark on an official PvP server. 

4 hours ago, OttoGrunf said:

2 and its moded, there is people that want to play vanilla.

You don't have to use ANY modded content *mic drop*

even if its vanilla cluster and its not, you will have zero influx of new people because there is no filter in ark server browser so people who are looking for vanilla servers can find one

Word of mouth works wonders

8 hours ago, LouSpowells said:

The concerns you cite are borderline irrelevant to the reality of unofficial play to the point of misrepresentation, indicative of someone with little-to-zero experience and/or a chip on their shoulder looking for a fight. Those who spend any reasonable amount of time on a populated unofficial server with a rule list and moderation (which are unbelievably easy to find simply by typing "Ark unofficial server list <insert platform>" into Google) will seldom experience the potential concerns you are coyly implying to be near certainties. Even in the seldom circumstances which such concerns are realized, the frustrations that might occur as a result will in most cases handily pale in comparison and frequency to the frustrations a solo player or small tribe will encounter while attempting to casually enjoy Ark on an official PvP server. 

if you are so smart, please find me vanilla dedicated servers (no mods official rates) with all 5 maps and a constant influx of new people with admin command log available to all and paid for at least 12 months

Archived